Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Still sorting through all the game play shots I took nearly 2 months ago. LOL

Another update for Anahi

08-30-16_9-53-47%25C2%25A0AM.png

One Woman Show: Update 10

@MischiefTheKitten the updates aren't going anywhere. Just think, you'll get to binge read when you get a chance to catch up. :) Although not too many since most of us have been super slow to update these days. I'm on a roll with Not Broken, so haven't worked on Matt much. :( He's getting neglected.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Hi Everyone it has been a bit since I posted. I've been a bit busy and life is about to become busier with the Holiday Season just around the corner so trying to catch up today while I'm home with a bit of a cold.

@NewToTheSims No problem on taking your time with the comments as we all get busy. I loved all the Halloween pictures. Great job on them. Read your update and commented.

@Vuneca So glad to see you drop in again and I'm happy to see that your husband bought you the new EP. That was very sweet of him. I'm sorry to hear that City Living doesn't live up to the hype but that seems to be par for the course with Sims 4 in general. I guess I will wait for the bargain price. OMG poor Samara electricuted on the first day. I don't blame you for reloading her again. The pictures from the game looks great but ewww the roaches and mice. Luckily for Samara Mario was on the job. I do hope she makes enough tips for the rent. That is so funny about the neighbors complaining about noice when they are making plenty themselves.

@Jazen No worries on the delay we all get busy. Samara is very pretty I love her hair and her backstory. Read and commented on your updates.

@LittleMinxUndr So great to see you back and I'm happy you are loving City Living. The sims look great and they are close to the originals. @Vuneca is right Dai does have a mischievious look in her eyes. I'll be looking forward to your story coming back in 2017 :)

@MischiefTheKitten Welcome back! It's great to see you again. Wishing you the best of luck with NaNo. Don't worry about catching up as you can do that when you get the time for it. As @Jazen said the stories are not going anywhere.

@Everyone I did something stupid. My daughter told me to delete her game from the Sims 4 file as she is only playing on her computer but I must have made a mistake and I deleted Marissa's file instead. :( Of course I didn't think to back up Sims 4 like I do with Sims 3. I'm kicking myself now as I had that file going since launch day but I never really documented it and by Mistake I let Marissa age into an adult when I wanted to keep her as a young adult. I'm leaning towards starting over instead of rebuilding.
    I just seen that Origin is having a Black Friday Sale. City Living will be 25% off which is $29.99, I don't think the price is low enough for me yet. However I will be looking to get a Stuff pack or two.
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 Oh no! I'm so sorry you lost Marissa :( Will you start over with her or with a different sim? I wouldn't rebuild, either. It's too much hassle for something that's meant to be fun, and this way Marissa gets to enjoy a whole new life! Think of it as rebirth after an accident :)

Thank you <3 I've missed you and your wonderful stories (all of you, not just PG ^-^ ) I think I'm doing well with NaNo, although I'm taking today and tomorrow off writing. My brain is fried and demanded a break.

I am enjoying City Living, especially the fast food stalls and the festivals <3 Since it's TS4 though I imagine it won't hold my attention for long :/ I don't know what it is about this game, it just doesn't keep me entertained in the same way TS3 did.

Hope you're well :)

~Mischief

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    @MischiefTheKitten I would normally rebuild but in this case where I'm only working on the third aspiration and career I think it might be best to start over with a new game. I will really hate having to do that collection aspiration again but I'm going to do so. I haven't made up my mind whether or not to try with Marissa again as I do have a pretty heir from my failed attempt on house 2 of the drifter challenge not doing anything. Or I might just make a new sim for this one. I'm going to decide today on how to handle it.

The festivals do sound like fun and I do plan to get City Living in the future. I might get it as a gift this Chrismas because I turned off the ban of Sims EP and SP from my family. I do have to agree with you as much as I am enjoying Sims 4 right now it pales in comparison to Sims 3.

edited November 2016
    KdSLs3.jpg
    First I want to wish everyone here a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving :)

And I did decide just to start the new Iron Woman Challenge Fresh with a new sim:

87Ultu.png

Her name is Alexis Daniels and I randomized her aspiration and traits.

pDTVyS.png

I decided to handle this just like Marissa's and I won't be blogging this. I'll just keep everyone informed on her progress.

Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :)

@Piazzagirl1015 Alexis is so pretty! I hope you enjoy her as much as you enjoyed Marissa :) Don't forget to create regular backups! ^-^ *runs of to create backups*

~MischiefTheKitten

edited November 2016
    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I hosted at my house yesterday and was busy all day long getting things ready.

@Piazzagirl1015 dang, sorry you lost Marissa. You're new sim is pretty and wow, what an aspiration she rolled to start off with. LOL

@MischiefTheKitten glad you are liking City Living. I've still not gotten it, but I'm behind on a lot of things with S4. It's $20 right now at Target, but still not sure I want to buy it.

@Piazzagirl1015 How were you able to randomise her traits and aspiration? Have they added that option while I wasn't looking? :O

~MischiefTheKitten

@MischiefTheKitten no, she uses a tool that I use for my Iron Woman challenge.

Randomizer

Ooh, thank you @jazen! I'll definitely look at installing that! :)

edited November 2016
    @MischiefTheKitten yeah it's nice. I don't know why EA didn't add that option to the game.

I did end up buying City Living. Target had it on sale for $19.99 and I had a $10 gift card I'd gotten from some other purchase (found it when I was cleaning out my purse) so I got the game for a whopping $9.99. :) Love a good deal.

Just dropping in for a second to say hello. I've been working like crazy since Thursday due to the fact that the doorbuster crowd totally trashed the entire store on Friday morning. The sales weren't even that great but we had some fights break out. People are crazy and that is for sure. The entires staff has been trying to fix it up while remaining open for business which has not been easy but things should be ok after today and tomorrow I actually get a day off.

Hope that everything is well with everyone else.
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    So...not even going to pretend to try and read the 200+ pages of comments since I disappeared lol. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I should hopefully be able to start working on another story for the sims here soon. Hopefully. I just pray everything goes my way for once.
    polariod_1

@french_vanilla13 Its ok no need to go through everything we can update you on anything important. I'm just glad to see you stop by and say hello. We have missed you here.
    I've missed getting on, haven't really had the chance to get on here. It's hard to log onto this site from a mobile phone.
    polariod_1

@french_vanilla13 !!!! Hello! So glad to see you pop in. Been worried about you! I hope things are looking up for you and all the bad times are behind you!

Hello @everyone. Man it's been quiet around here, but it's that time of year. I hope you're all staying warm and enjoying family.

@jazen I wish they were. Maybe 2017 will be a better year.
    polariod_1

• jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    Hello there, I know I've been away for a while, but I've still been writing my story. Life kinda got in the way for a while.

Here's the newest chapter: lifeorsomethinglegacy.blogspot.com/2016/12/composer-412.html?m=1
    HI EVERYONE! *waves*

How's everyone been? :) I miss popping in here :/ Early next year I'll finish my rainbowcy, and as soon as that's done I'll set up permanent camp in here again ^-^

@french_vanilla13 Good to see you stop by :) I guess we've both been absent a lot!

@jeapos88 Welcome back! :) I don't know how often you pop in to see what everyone else has to say, but I'm really behind on reading everyone's stories :/ I'll catch up with all of them, including yours, in the new year hopefully :)

@jazen @Piazzagirl1015 I've downloaded the trait randomiser yesterday and gave it a brief spin, but I'll test it more today. I can't figure out why EA wouldn't include such a basic feature in the game to begin with. It seems silly to leave out. Until they fix that (it has to be an oversight, right?) I'll use the randomiser :) Thanks again!!

Have any of you tried using this forum from your phones? Is it easy enough or is it a hassle?

~MischiefTheKitten

@french_vanilla13 fingers crossed 2017 is better for you.

@MischiefTheKitten hope the randomizer works well for you. I think it's crazy EA didn't give us that option but eh it's EA.

Well my kids are out on winter break now. I feel bad for not updating. I have 2 chapters written but I've been too lazy to do shots. Maybe I'll get to them sometime on break.

My oldest son kicked his break off on bad note

tumblr_oik83dBDM61uuld2lo1_500.jpg

Happened on the last day of school during their fun day. Now he has a broken ankle and is getting around on crutches. :(

• VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

I hope you all get more than lumps of coal.... ;)
    @MischiefTheKitten It appears so!

@jazen I really freaking hope so! It can't get much worse I hope....

@vuneca and everyone Merry Christmas and all that jazz!

So it may take longer than intended on getting back into sims, can't run it on my laptop and the pc I'm having built for me isn't wanting to cooperate lol. So it may be a new year's thing after all lol. Can't believe how fast this year has blown by.
    polariod_1

@MischiefTheKitten Its good to see you pop in and say hello to us. I'll be looking forward to seeing how the rainbowcy ends, reading your next book and having you back with your GS stories again. :) I agree I don't understand why they didn't put in a randomizer for traits in the game but luckily that one that @jazen found works great. I do wonder if we need to update it for City Living. I guess I will have to check that out.

@Jazen I'm so sorry to hear about your son's accident and I do hope that his ankle heals up quickly.

It's great to see both @Vuneca and @french_vanilla13 stop in to say hello on Christmas. It's like the whole GS family is stopping in for the holidays.

For Christmas I got City Living from my daughter and I'm getting into that tonight! I haven't updated Race in a while which is because I'm having a hard time with the next chapter but now that the Christmas season is behind me I should be able to focus on that more so hopefully I have a chance to update in January. I also have plans to start a regular sims 4 version of GS but details of that will be later in the new year.
    I would love to wish everyone in the GS family a Very

3iZ9bY.png

or a

UruG2Z.gif

• BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Hey there, guys!

I'm new to this forum, but in the last few weeks I've been reading your stories and I really enjoyed it. So I was like...why not give it a try?
    I'll go with the Going Solo rules, but I added one for myself, because I ALWAYS cheat: I won't use the money cheat. I'll get a job and I'll slowly decorate my house and raise my future child with what I've earned.

So, my starter is Beth Solo. She wants to be an author.

I can't wait to start earning money and slowly decorate my house!

To be continued. I hope I can make a good story! I'll just let things flow and enjoy playing without cheating!

NOTE: I wanted to post pictures but it says I have to be around a little longer to do it.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top