Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love The Ladders...How Will Sims Carry Babies On Them?

I was told by Graham at MTS that sims will carry babies on the ladders. http://linna.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=4133182&postcount=1308
Prepare to be impressed. Sims... dexterous little creatures.

Watching the walkthrough, I don't see it. Please show sims carrying things on the ladder and I really hope the baby is not placed in the inventory. Eww! (OK, I don't think the baby can go in the inventory but don't see how they can be carried)
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well they could hold the baby in one arm and use the other to help themselves climb. Nothing bad ever happens, so even if they are clumsy, both sim and baby will arrive to the top safely.

In real life, this would be a very very bad idea. This would be the perfect time to give us baby slings though. ;)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    Amen on the baby slings. I want that so much, they don't know how it will help my game play.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ooh I hadn't even thought about that, I shall be very interested in seeing how it's done :shock:

It also looks like we're getting a new spiral staircase, there was one visible in the Spanish themed resorts in the walkthrough, I'm happy about that
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm this will be interesting
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    miklc wrote:
    Ooh I hadn't even thought about that, I shall be very interested in seeing how it's done :shock:

It also looks like we're getting a new spiral staircase, there was one visible in the Spanish themed resorts in the walkthrough, I'm happy about that

I'll probably use spiral staircases on my houseboats anyway. (Can't wait to replace all my standard basement bathrooms with the All In One Bathroom!) I assume that child Sims will be able to use ladders? I might just use a ladder to go from the lower deck ("basement") up to the main deck.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    Watching a Sim climb the ladder in one arm and holding their baby in the other would be hilarious! :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It might look awkward too, but I am desperate to see how it looks to carry anything when going up the ladder. :)

Please put it in the next live broadcast, SimGurus.
  • Options
    scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    This would be the perfect time to give us baby slings though. ;)

Agreed! That's what popped into my head when I saw the title of the topic
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering about this. Also how will simkids and pets go up a ladder?

I really want to see them use the ladder in the next live broadcast.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited May 2013
    This would have been a perfect time to create those baby bag things where the baby could go on the sims back or their front.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2013
    My guess probably be the baby carrier. Because It will be strange and danger to see your sims carry a baby with one arm while climbing up the ladder.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After the post at MTS, I asked would there be a baby sling, but Graham didn't answer. I would freak out if a baby sling is in this EP, but I know that is a large hope.

I want to see it so badly! :cry:
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2013
    I never thought of this! I'm going to be so scared for my sims' babies :lol: and their pets! cats could probably climb a ladder in RL but don't know about dogs.

I'm still excited to have a ladder to use in buildings - attics will be so much more realistic!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the addition of ladders ! I'm not too worried about my own sim babies. On the incredibly rare occasions my sims have them, they live in their crib until they're ready for school.

:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    This would be the perfect time to give us baby slings though. ;)

Agreed! That's what popped into my head when I saw the title of the topic
    Me too,I would love to see baby slings in-game.
    We need to make a petition for that :p
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2013
    love to see how sims get things up and down the ladders..

babies, toddlers, food and stuff..

and what about the dogs and cats?

I LOVE a baby sling

I think I use spiral stairs between main parts of the boat... but ladder to parts like the top deck.... and ladders to addics in houses... and for building my own treehouse
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2013
    Everyone should know by now that babies have special powers and will probably float up the side of the ladder while their parent climbs. Similar to this :D :

BabyStrollerGlitch.jpg

And I just watched a video on youtube of a dog climbing a ladder...
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013
    It will be interesting to see if the sims are actually coded to physically climb the ladder like steps. Has this been shown in a video yet? I have a cc ladder that I use frequently when I need something even smaller than spiral stairs, but the sims teleport between the bottom and the top.
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2013
    Maybe one of those baby backpacks?

large_515_Jacob-back-carrier-Beco-Butterfly-2.jpg

I think that would be a great addition to the EP! :D
    900woh.png
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    miklc wrote:

Really? I didn't even notice that :shock:

Good catch :D
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if the sims are actually coded to physically climb the ladder like steps. Has this been shown in a video yet?

Yes, they are fully animated when climbing the ladder. You can see it in the producer walkthrough at around 1:24:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZDZEij7h4Q
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    I love the addition of ladders ! I'm not too worried about my own sim babies. On the incredibly rare occasions my sims have them, they live in their crib until they're ready for school.

:D

Don't fear your not the only one. I love having kids in Sims but I do not like the baby name.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    Well they could hold the baby in one arm and use the other to help themselves climb. Nothing bad ever happens, so even if they are clumsy, both sim and baby will arrive to the top safely.

In real life, this would be a very very bad idea. This would be the perfect time to give us baby slings though. ;)
    I'm really hoping they add this item in the EP. It would make caring for toddlers and babbies sooooo much easier. Imagine the countless possibilities for single parent sims with one or more babbies/toddlers in the home.

If sims can have their hands free to climb ladders with such a baby/toddler sling, then this implies numerous other interactions (if not by the vanilla code, then through modding). For example with a backpack type sling, a sim would have their hands free to

*push the baby pram with a 2nd baby/toddler! This solves the age old dilemma of how to transport twins or 2 babies/toddlers around the town. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

*do chores around the house

*take a pet and go for a nature hike or walk around the park :mrgreen:

*work on hands on jobs like sculpting, writing, painting--heaven forbid--inventing stuff at home. So work from home/homemaker sims waste less time having to check and care for their babies/toddlers.

This would add so many other numerous possibilities for existing things sims can do in the game. The baby sling would also have the ability to make babies sleep while recharging their motives. :-)

I'm really hoping they're considering a practical item like a baby sling. Because the animations are going to look really weird as a sim tries to climb a ladder. :lol:

But if they don't end up including baby slings, then I wonder if it would be possible to mod a baby sling from the Uni backpack. Hmmm....
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2013
    My guess is the baby will disappear at the bottom of the ladder, then re-appear at the top. :lol:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2013
    a sim would have their hands free to

*push the baby pram with a 2nd baby/toddler! This solves the age old dilemma of how to transport twins or 2 babies/toddlers around the town. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

*take a pet and go for a nature hike or walk around the park :mrgreen:

I'm really hoping they're considering a practical item like a baby sling. Because the animations are going to look really weird as a sim tries to climb a ladder. :lol:
    This is why we NEED baby slings, EA! Pretty please. Though, the baby/toddler in the pushchair would still get dumped on the floor in two feet of snow when they arrived at their destination :roll: :lol: