Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really? Come on?

Hmm. I don't even know?

Okay first>>>>

Where do EA pull this stuff from? I mean come on? There's a countless number of ideas for EP's, standalone's etc (popular or not) still floating out there for Sims 3! Like a sims 3 castaway.

I couldn't tell you the amount of ideas I still have for SIMS 3 never mind the rest of us, Including things EA need to patch up on in the games like bugs, glitches etc...

But they insist on ignoring all these ideas and things to fix and just say "screw Sims3 lets just make a Sims4!".

oh goodie -.-

I'm not hating, I just dont get it?

Maybe its just me, but im no where near getting bored with the sims3, I'm still trying to catch up on all these latest EP's and stuff pack. Its too much to handle IMO, and I dont think a years enough at this rate.

Personally I just think they should focus on sims3, there's just far too much things and ideas to be dealt with never mind a sims 4.

Don't get me wrong, sims 4 could be good, and better. And maybe I have no right to rant when i don't know what they will do with this sims4. But atm the odds aren't looking in their/our favor.

I certainly would be very displeased if TS3 ended up like TS2 once TS4 has come out ( :) )....a forgotten wasteland, where they stop doing the store etc and adding new content.

I love the sims3...a lot (heehee), despite still getting to grips with it all. The last thing i need is another huge base game to handle when im barely handling this one. :P

What do you guys think?

I just hope EA know what they are doing.

Comments

• Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims 3 has lasted longer than any other generation. Which I find crazy because I also think it's the worst out of the three.

The reason we haven't seen all the requested stuff people are still waiting for, is because the engine probably won't allow it. There is a reason they always put a basic bar in like... every lot they create (even gyms and pools, really?) And why University couldn't have a basic cafeteria or why we don't have open restaurants, amongst other things.

That's why it's time for a new generation. It's a fresh start and a fresh chance to finally get everything we've been asking for.
  • Options
    LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
    edited May 2013
    Well. I hope you are right. If so, that's reassuring.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure TS4 has been in development since around the time TS3 came out, if not before. You can't just make a game in a year. I'm sure that the expansion packs for TS3 were all planned out in 2009 and 2010, too, and there's probably a list on someone's desk right now detailing all of the expansions that will come out for TS4. This isn't EA neglecting TS3, this is just the natural progression of things in a way that will bring in the most money.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims 3 engine is now just too old and dated ( 2005 apparently ) and can no longer support many of the ideas that people are coming out with.
    I did read in a thread on MTS, that the Sims team really pushed what the engine can do, with the upcoming IP EP, and to a lesser degree, SHT.

I'm interested to see where they take Sims 4, and what they do with it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think after a time they are expected to do the next generation of a game since it is one of those types of games. It is a business thing I'd say.

Personally, I was hoping Sims 3 would be the ever expansion/updated/upgrading Sims game, making it 'The Sims Life/World' (the simulation version of World of Warcraft (when it comes to EPs/DLs/Upgrades content wise but not game play wise).

When Sims goes into that direction (the ultimate Sims game where every and all EPs of every Sims generation is going to be included in one game/world) they will have me as a continuous/on going purchaser of their content till I stop gaming or die; instead of a yo-yo one cause I couldn't just pick up the next generation (I did Sims 1 and all its EPs, didn't do Sims 2, only did Sims 3 cause they did an Expansion I couldn't resist and I bought EP/SP/Store wise most of it because of it). Sims 4 unless they release something to grab me I may skip till Sims 5, etc.

I think they get that we want a Sims game to have all (or a top 10) but cannot or will not make one Sims game have literally it all (or our demanded top wish listed). We can dream and hope though :)
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    It may not seem like it, but The Sims 3 is old.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    I'm sure TS4 has been in development since around the time TS3 came out, if not before. You can't just make a game in a year. I'm sure that the expansion packs for TS3 were all planned out in 2009 and 2010, too, and there's probably a list on someone's desk right now detailing all of the expansions that will come out for TS4. This isn't EA neglecting TS3, this is just the natural progression of things in a way that will bring in the most money.

I Know TS4 was an idea from a few years back, haha if it was made i a year that would be disastrous!

although the part bout bringing in the most money.... not sure thats a good thing, that just says a lot of bad things about the whole situation. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think after a time they are expected to do the next generation of a game since it is one of those types of games. It is a business thing I'd say.

Personally, I was hoping Sims 3 would be the ever expansion/updated/upgrading Sims game, making it 'The Sims Life/World' (the simulation version of World of Warcraft (when it comes to EPs/DLs/Upgrades content wise but not game play wise).

When Sims goes into that direction (the ultimate Sims game where every and all EPs of every Sims generation is going to be included in one game/world) they will have me as a continuous/on going purchaser of their content till I stop gaming or die; instead of a yo-yo one cause I couldn't just pick up the next generation (I did Sims 1 and all its EPs, didn't do Sims 2, only did Sims 3 cause they did an Expansion I couldn't resist and I bought EP/SP/Store wise most of it because of it). Sims 4 unless they release something to grab me I may skip till Sims 5, etc.

I think they get that we want a Sims game to have all (or a top 10) but cannot or will not make one Sims game have literally it all (or our demanded top wish listed). We can dream and hope though :)

Thats quite true.

the bit about making a game with it all i personally think they could do, but wont because its obvious they need to make money so they will drag it on, making it "better and better". I was just a bit gutted that it was so soon! haha i know TS3 has been out for a long time but it feels so recent. :)
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims 3 and it's CC and the store will still be around for a while. Keep playing sims 3 and just buy sims 4 when you are ready to move on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thats quite true.

the bit about making a game with it all i personally think they could do, but wont because its obvious they need to make money so they will drag it on, making it "better and better". I was just a bit gutted that it was so soon! haha i know TS3 has been out for a long time but it feels so recent. :)

I know I only have been playing about 6 months cause I couldn't play it empty when I hear it was first out :lol: I waited just like I waited with Sims 1 (I mean I tested it I just didn't buy it till they had the complete collection, which I still have it is even in my desk just the first disc is ruined so I can't play it or I would be once in a while :P). I actually was going to wait for Sims 3 complete collection but since they didn't do it for Sims 2, I almost didn't bother with Sims 3 at all (cause I didn't bother with Sims 2 since they didn't do a complete collection) till Supernatural caught my eye, they got me with that EP.
  • Options
    BabyCakes13BabyCakes13 Posts: 575 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Trust me TS4 has been in the works for awhile now - probably since TS3 came out.
    Technology is always changing, engines for the games aren't gonna work like they used too and graphics will get better. So unless you want outdated games, after awhile things have to change.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I Know TS4 was an idea from a few years back, haha if it was made i a year that would be disastrous!

although the part bout bringing in the most money.... not sure thats a good thing, that just says a lot of bad things about the whole situation. :(

Why is it bad for a business to make money when their job is... making money? They provide goods and the people buy them. The idea that it is somehow bad for a business to make money is ludicrous. Maybe it would be bad if your relative or friend was always out to get money, but businesses are not people, no matter what the 14th Amendment says.

McDonald's doesn't put out the McRib a few times a year because they think you'd really enjoy it. They put it out a few times a year because having it as a limited edition sandwich boosts profits whenever it's available, and they sell it when pork is cheapest so that they rake in larger profits. That isn't a bad thing, it's an intelligent business decision.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I learned my lesson when I bought s3 base that I should never again by a basegame until I'm sure the move is going to be worth. The s3 has been way buggy. Personally, I glad they made the end is near because it means that I finally won't have to worry about all the updating that usually just wreaks havoc on my game and means I have to start all over or redo some of the things I have worked so hard for.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thats quite true.

I know I only have been playing about 6 months cause I couldn't play it empty when I hear it was first out :lol: I waited just like I waited with Sims 1 (I mean I tested it I just didn't buy it till they had the complete collection, which I still have it is even in my desk just the first disc is ruined so I can't play it or I would be once in a while :P). I actually was going to wait for Sims 3 complete collection but since they didn't do it for Sims 2, I almost didn't bother with Sims 3 at all (cause I didn't bother with Sims 2 since they didn't do a complete collection) till Supernatural caught my eye, they got me with that EP.

Thats sort of what i do, haha :D although i do buy a stuff pack and Ep here and there if it looks good enough. Usually when a new base game or EP comes out, i think of hundreds of ideas that I would like in the game for it to be "great" and i get far too worked up and raise my hopes far too high.
    But with TS4 im not really going to bother, im in a current battle with my brain trying to stop myself from ferociously thinking of all the possibilities and ideas i can think of for TS4 to be great. Im just going to let life take its course and when it does come out, if it looks good then I'll give it a shot :)
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:

Why is it bad for a business to make money when their job is... making money? They provide goods and the people buy them. The idea that it is somehow bad for a business to make money is ludicrous. Maybe it would be bad if your relative or friend was always out to get money, but businesses are not people, no matter what the 14th Amendment says.

McDonald's doesn't put out the McRib a few times a year because they think you'd really enjoy it. They put it out a few times a year because having it as a limited edition sandwich boosts profits whenever it's available, and they sell it when pork is cheapest so that they rake in larger profits. That isn't a bad thing, it's an intelligent business decision.

I agree that companies should be interested in making money, but the problem with EA is they don't see to care about make a good quality and sometimes I think they don't listen to customers. Most simmers agree, or at least from what I have read today, that s3 has lacked the originality that came with s2 and s1. We wanted the new features so we gave it a shot and hoped that the game would go back to being unique. I don't think it really ever achieved this.

Sims Medieval is a perfect example of them not knowing their customers and the game tanked because few simmers want to play a sims game that does not allow generational play and decorating. It strips the game of the features that people love and so they just continue to play RKC on the regular format. Meanwhile, EA probably thinks the game failed because no one was interested in a Medieval sims game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:

of course they need to bring in money! :P But I certainly hope McDonald's and EA's business aims are not the same!

Yes i know almost all businesses aim is to make profit, but if thats all EA have in mind then its no wonder things are going downhill. If their main aim is to make profit then that shows they dont give as much of a care about the content of their games and their customers needs and wants, which IMO should be their main aims if they are wanting "to make profit" in the first place. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Icarus wrote:

I agree that companies should be interested in making money, but the problem with EA is they don't see to care about make a good quality and sometimes I think they don't listen to customers. Most simmers agree, or at least from what I have read today, that s3 has lacked the originality that came with s2 and s1. We wanted the new features so we gave it a shot and hoped that the game would go back to being unique. I don't think it really ever achieved this.

Sims Medieval is a perfect example of them not knowing their customers and the game tanked because few simmers want to play a sims game that does not allow generational play and decorating. It strips the game of the features that people love and so they just continue to play RKC on the regular format. Meanwhile, EA probably thinks the game failed because no one was interested in a Medieval sims game.

I completely agree ^^ :)
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seriously we are lucky to have as many eps and sps that we do have and the game still work relatively well. Well for me at least. There is only so far this game can go with it being 4 years old already and the way technology has changed in even the last year it is time for a new one. I am excited for this one because I have been with the Sims and Simcity for, omg I just realized the first time I played Simcity was in 1989...I didn't realize it has been that long! :shock: Anyways, I digress... :D

I have been with this series since the beginning, and have always been in love with the new renditions. I remember playing Simcity and wishing that I could see inside their houses and wondered what they were doing so when the Sims was released in 2000, I was so happy to finally be able to do that. Then with each new version the game, for me, did get better and better, culminating up to now. I can't wait to see what this new version brings and I am as excited as I was when I heard about Sims 1 especially since they uttered those three little magic words, single-player offline!!! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I get that we love this game, well some of us, but this series cannot go on forever. We will have 4 more EPs than TS2 had and simmers computers can only take so much. Technology has advanced since TS3. There has to be a line where you stop and move on to a new series.

Also, people should stop and think:

"It's not just about me."

A company does not stop making products because a segment of the world has their old products. There are other people they can sell their products to and if customers who have just bought their latest products come along for the ride, great!

My advice, play The Sims 3 for four more years and then check out what TS4 has to offer and rack up on sales and discounts.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Seriously we are lucky to have as many eps and sps that we do have and the game still work relatively well. Well for me at least. There is only so far this game can go with it being 4 years old already and the way technology has changed in even the last year it is time for a new one. I am excited for this one because I have been with the Sims and Simcity for, omg I just realized the first time I played Simcity was in 1989...I didn't realize it has been that long! :shock: Anyways, I digress... :D

I have been with this series since the beginning, and have always been in love with the new renditions. I remember playing Simcity and wishing that I could see inside their houses and wondered what they were doing so when the Sims was released in 2000, I was so happy to finally be able to do that. Then with each new version the game, for me, did get better and better, culminating up to now. I can't wait to see what this new version brings and I am as excited as I was when I heard about Sims 1 especially since they uttered those three little magic words, single-player offline!!! :)

Yeah, I been with the Sim series since SimEarth, they will never lose me they just won't have me for each game. I did simearth, Sims 1 complete collection, Sims 2 game cube/not my console through someone else's, and now Sims 3. Single-player offline was a big relief for me too!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Ok, I get that we love this game, well some of us, but this series cannot go on forever.

Really just as a vague statement I don't think should be wash hands of it, gaming has change dramatically since I played Nintendo and Early Windows games, if I was told any of the games of today would be the way they were I'd think virtual reality would come first.

Ever lasting/long running games do exist and many companies change the way to have game play it isn't that far fetched but we knew it was coming and I'd never take away someones else's want for TS4 for myself. To me this is bitter sweet the game it self coming out isn't my sadness it is the community won't be the same coming up to the release and day of. But it happens to all long running games I think.

To me, game aside I may just not follow Sims 4 right away or skip it and I just am a big community person so this is going to be emotional for me. I have truly come to love creating and the exchange and the forums, I haven't had this much a great sense of community (without cut throat competition of my WOW days), in a long while. It won't die it will just change a lot. It s bittersweet as I said in another forum post.
  • Options
    KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited May 2013
    To me TS3 is getting old... Time to move on...
    Players knew this would happen sooner or later...