Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Views on Sweet Treats?

Comments

• Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't own it, I don't want it, and it makes me happy too see the empty space. Also the name "sweet treats" makes me cringe.
  • Options
    ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited April 2013
    I LOVE Katy Perry, but I would only get it if someone threw it at my face and let me keep it.

Now imagine a Rihanna or Lady Gaga stuff pack, that would make some ugly randomly generated NPCs.
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited April 2013
    OCD or not, nothing would make me want to fill that SP gap. It's over the top, and it should have been included in the Limited Edition version of Showtime. Oh EA :roll:
  • Options
    Pippi1409Pippi1409 Posts: 271 New Member
    edited April 2013
    It's about the only one I don't have or want.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

I own it, I like it, I use it. It's fun and I've never bought a KP song nor am I a big fan. It's the stuff I like and use it more then the other Stuff packs.

• Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited April 2013
    I love it. The stuff is so cute. I'm a huge Willy Wonka fan, so it appeals to me. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited April 2013
    I own it and like it, some of the clothes are cute and the objects are good for a fun themed nightclub.

Personally I would have rather seen a Hello Kitty themed SP though.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hatbox wrote:
    I own it and like it, some of the clothes are cute and the objects are good for a fun themed nightclub.

Personally I would have rather seen a Hello Kitty themed SP though.

I have it too. I do like some of the clothes, and so far I've had no NPCs turn up wearing any of them. The decor items are great for a girl's bedroom too.

I would kill for a Hello Kitty pack too.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I would kill for a Hello Kitty pack too.

Now that I would buy.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2013
    :D I think that there are a few uses for it.

1. Childish sims for one.

2. Christmas time theme or for destinations that are wintery all the
    time.

3. Also, for decorating and having the cake dome. With the new Uni.
    stuff like the cash register and drink machines, it can be turned
    into a semi-bakery.

4. Some of the clothes look great by themselves and the rest can be
    used for Showtime activities, such as singers/performers. One
    dress that converts to normal is one of the prettiest Sims 3
    dresses that I have seen(it looks like a shiney, long oscar
    dress).

5. The Katy Perry Song. Love it. I hear it at the festivals
    sometimes and once at Uni. I think that it is the best song on the
    radio.

It isn't perfect, but it does have some great stuff and is worth getting. Not to mention, Katy Perry has feelings and I'm sure it hurt to try to make this for a game she said she liked and to hear such rude responses. Anything I didn't like, I just kept quiet about it to be respectful of Katy and others who may like it.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is my FAVORITE Stuff Pack. Every Spring and Summer my Sim wears Katy Perry clothes.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's my favorite, but that's just me I guess. I really love food items and anything medieval related.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited September 2013
    I would get it if free, only because I want the high waist shorts :lol:
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG, :twisted:
    I came across a site I just found that had a house called : Hansel & Gretel

Now picture it in Midnight Hollow! LOOOL!! :lol:

(Christmas/Horror)
    Perfect for Supernatural Witches too! Or make our own.
    Just wanted to share cuz I thought is was funny AND for those that have KPST, it's another use for it that even I NEVER thought of!
    The site is called : Simplyruthless

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited January 2014
    A lot of the objects are really versatile and can be recolored well. My favorite is probably the bar stool.

pic1_zps27a8bdd8.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2014
    A lot of the objects are really versatile and can be recolored well. My favorite is probably the bar stool.

wow that IS a nice recolor! Really like the tree, will have to try that. I've only intended to use the ST pack the way it was originally presented, as a garish over-the-top crazy candy land but until now never really had enough stuff to round out the theme. I've downloaded three wonderland type lots including one with a roller coaster and will be putting them in Island Paradise along with the whole cast of Alice including that electric purple tabby cat. Mad Hatter has the traits "insane, cowardly, neurotic, daredevil" and I forget the last one. Found a few hyper discos, a pirate barge with port, an all glass fire station with neon and that glorious Simsahari resort by Cinderellimouse will be going in as well. Renamed my town "Walt Vegas" cos nothing is too extreme when Walt Disney shacks up at Las Vegas. :P

Btw, SimplySimazing, thank you so much, Ruthless has a new house on his blog that's just perfect for the Crumplebottom sisters in Dragon Valley.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love how Sweet Treats was designed for building family-friendly parks and seasonal festival lots which is where I mostly use the items.I'm not a big fan,but I love the items for diversity in my lot designs and in towns.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    99Dredd1899Dredd18 Posts: 11
    edited February 2014
    It's my favorite stuff pack. I like to edit my towns and change them into like a candy world. I also make custom candy themed houses for my town too. You should check out my studio.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,891 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been wondering this exact same thing, but I have a feeling it would be the one thing to push me to do what I've always wanted to with sims -a Berry legacy :P still pondering though, I get it would have limited use otherwise
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2014
    Don't ponder too long - it's getting harder to get...

I think all my Stuff Packs get limited use. Diesel is the one I use least, I think KPST and HELS are the ones I use most.

I like to use it in my regular games, too - some of my Sims have the banana sofa and cupcake chairs. The bedroom furniture is perfect for kids (although I tend to recolour it to something pastel-but-not-pink) and it works for candy shops and icecream parlours, playgrounds, festival lots... So much you can do with some of the items! (Although I have to admit there's very little you can do with some of the clothes or hair...)
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's definitely getting harder and harder to find this pack. I really think that any simmer who's contemplating it at all should just go for it. I've gotten so much more use out of this pack than I imagined I would. I use the items all of the time for kid's rooms, clubs, festival lots, and now with some of the content from the store it's proven useful for bakeries, shops, and boardwalks.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I got it in a bargain bin at a discount store for $5 ...seemed like a fair price. :) I'm working on a house for Dragon Valley based world that's all Fairy Tales, so the Hansel and Gretel type items fit in nicely.

Agree with others ...some of the clothes are downright disturbing ...but others are rather nice when you change the fabric patterns. :)
  • Options
    TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got it as a gift and lawd jesus it's horrible, what i look like making my sims walk around looking like big lollipops and candy canes .
  • Options
    WildSafari8WildSafari8 Posts: 55 Member
    I like to have variety and diversity in my games, so to me, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats is an okay addition to the game.
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    I got it a couple of weeks ago. I am not sorry. I have a lot of fun with this, just wish it was not so expensive. It is too bad that so many people hate this one. I happen to love all the candy stuff.