Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Views on Sweet Treats?

It is the only one I do not own, and the OCD inside me hates looking in between showtime and Diesel, and seeing the fact that it's not there! *cries*.

I've watched reviews on Youtube, LGR and Quxxn and obviously the opinions were majorly split in those videos :roll:

I've seen most the items and I'm pretty sure hat I would use some of them, but what do you guys think of it? Do you use the items in game, or do you just kinda scroll past it in Build/Buy and CAS?

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2013
    It is the only one I do not own. I have OCD as well but nothing on this earth would make me buy this. In fact, they couldn't give it to me for free. :wink::mrgreen:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited April 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    It is the only one I do not own. I have OCD as well but nothing on this earth would make me buy this. In fact, they couldn't give it to me for free. :wink::mrgreen:

100% agreed. I was going to get it when it was on sale for $5, but even that couldn't tempt me.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

100% agreed. I was going to get it when it was on sale for $5, but even that couldn't tempt me.

Yeah but if they would pay I would! :lol:
  • Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure, I wanna just get it so that I have all of them, although some of the items are actually quite normal looking.

The main problem is, I like my Sims to look like real people. I can't imagine anyone walking about the street wearing any of the stuff from sweet treats tbh.
  • Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I don't own this one either. I've never liked seeing real world stuff in my games, it always seems out of place. I guess you could find a use for this pack if you like making malls or candy shops or something. You could also use this pack for making kids rooms, and making some really crazy looking sims. But other than that, it just seems like a waste of money.

If you do get this pack though, keep in mind that NPCs can spawn with these clothes on, so be warned! :lol:
    edited April 2013
    Mcphee1964 wrote:
    I'm not sure, I wanna just get it so that I have all of them, although some of the items are actually quite normal looking.

The main problem is, I like my Sims to look like real people. I can't imagine anyone walking about the street wearing any of the stuff from sweet treats tbh.

just buy stuff from the Store instead, much more worth the $$$, that's what I did
  • Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited April 2013
    Omg, it annoys me soo much when I see NPC's wearing stupid clothes. It's one of my biggest problems with the wholr 'aging neighborhood' thingy.

World Adventures and Supernatural are the worst offenders atm. Dread to think the state of my town now if I bough Sweet Treats :cry:

I'm so not getting this now, lmao.
  • StafunyStafuny Posts: 869 Member
    edited April 2013
    I like it. I think it's fun. I don't use the items often and I hardly ever see the clothing in town, but when Ido, it's a lot of fun. :wink:
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    It is the only product on Earth capable of causing tooth decay in your eyeballs.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited April 2013
    Archivist wrote:
    It is the only product on Earth capable of causing tooth decay in your eyeballs.
    :lol: [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/stanley2.gif[/img]
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2013
    Archivist wrote:
    Always the clever post! :mrgreen:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited April 2013
    The only reason I'd get it myself is to get Katy Perry's music in my game. I'd love to have some more artists I know and like in my game :\
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

This! I also hate seeing that empty little space done there, but there is nothing in this galaxy besides money that will get me to get that game.
    edited April 2013
    The only reason I'd get it myself is to get Katy Perry's music in my game. I'd love to have some more artists I know and like in my game :\

there have been threads about custom music already made. use the search function and have fun installing your own music! :)
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

This! I also hate seeing that empty little space done there, but there is nothing in this galaxy besides money that will get me to get that game.

Store credit works too.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:

Store credit works too.

Meh. I prefer the cash.
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:

Store credit works too.

Meh. I prefer the cash.

Either way; I'd do it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    I actually went ahead and bought it when they had the big sale. Haven't noticed any Sims with cupcake bras or anything, and there are actually a few cute items (there's a kid's bike I gave my Sim daughter that's a nice change from the ones I usually use). I've been thinking of using one of the venues in my town after upgrading it with the barista bar from Uni Life -- would make a good hangout for my Sims.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • QuickyzQuickyz Posts: 123 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Unless you are interested in making candyland I don't see the point. If they had some sort of amusement park it might be worth getting to actually make candyland with fun.

In fact why don't we have an amusement park yet? Cmon rollercoasters in the Sims?! Get on this EA!
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    Some of the clothing is really nice, like the PVC dress and sparkly bodice. I also love the children's furniture. To me it is no worse than 90% of the other SPs.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have it, I use the pool lot from it, that's all. The rest is too loud, too kidsy, to silly and does not fit in a proper home at all.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited April 2013
    i love the items! i use them all the time ^__^

i do tend to go for a more "cutesy" look though..
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2013
    I didn't buy mine. I got it as a Christmas gift from my parents (along with Pets).

Personally, I actually kind of like it. It's perfect if you're into candy, and a lot of the items can be made into a candy shop or a girl's room!

Clothes are meh. I'm not exactly a fan of pink. (Ironic how I like ST, but hate the color pink)

It's really a matter of taste.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited April 2013
    EA would have to pay ME to add it to my game :lol: I really can't think of one single use I could get from this SP, and if I wanted to make a sweet shop or something I'd be going for classic or understated not freaking cotton candy trees and candy canes everywhere :shock:

LGR's review is by far the absolute best thing that will ever come from this SP :lol:
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2013
    There is nothing on Earth that will make me own that SP.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif