Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Patch Would be Great EA

Dear EA -
This may or may not be the best place to put this but I do hope it gets viewed. A patch to fix all of the new issues I am experiencing with University would be great. The game has been out for awhile and it is getting old having my game randomly crash and the other weird things it has been doing. And perhaps have a patch for the patch on standby, just in case.

Thanks.
SimRealtor

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    Next patch won't be until June, just before IP's release.
  • Options
    JessicaEyre83JessicaEyre83 Posts: 25
    edited April 2013
    depending on whats causing the crash...if it is an error code 12 its most liekly a memory problems.
  • Options
    RobynpaulaRobynpaula Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't make sense for them to wait that long does it? They've come out with patches very quickly in the past.... But whatever :?

I just hope most of the issues people are having will be dealt with when the patch finally comes
  • Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sort of an ongoing problem. Some things can't be fixed, as there's a chance this could happen with any computer software, even if it claims to be absolutely perfect. Don't get your hopes up that they'll fix this before the inevitably soon release of TS4.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    PograntPogrant Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    I don't know, it would make more sense for them to make a patch before releasing another game. They should fix things before they release more trouble-ridden games.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree each game should be patched and every issue fixed, to start with there should never be bugs to start with. Delvs should test play and test play until it is perfect before any game is released
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree each game should be patched and every issue fixed, to start with there should never be bugs to start with. Delvs should test play and test play until it is perfect before any game is released

Most games though you're talking about one game with a development period of perhaps 3 years. They've got time to test play and fix, test play and fix until said game is as close to perfect as it's going to get. You're talking about EA and EP's.

They're releasing packs every 3 to 6 months. They've got a lead time of around 9 to 12 months to brainstorm, program it, do the art, put in the anims, play test and play test and release. The packs don't seem to be play tested with each other but on a computer loaded with the base game only. Same for store content. It's manufactured to work only with the base game, not the packs or additional store content.

There are two teams for the EP's. I assume a team for the SP's as well, but don't know for certain and the store team too. The two EP teams work in rotation. The ones who worked on Supernatural worked on Uni, those who worked on Seasons are working on Island Paradise. They finish one and start on another. Between times they've to group up bugs caused by other EP's, work out what is an actual bug with the EP's and what's caused by mods and/or underpowered computers. Those bugs have to be sent to QA to be pinned down, tested, figure out what's causing it, how and when, then release a patch.

3 months isn't an extremely long time to wait for patches when you consider all that's involved. It must be an extremely pressurised job and honestly not one I'd want to do. At the same time I'm not saying that 3 months is an acceptable time to wait, but they're not going to bring it out any faster for us saying "Give us patch NOW!"

There's no such thing as a bug free game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    I disagree Arletta.

I think one month is too long to wait on fixes for some well known, double positive bugs in Uni. Life that isn't caused by Mods.

They could at least zoom in on some of the major ones, pump out that fix, and put off the release of an EP until they have patched the game.

I think 99% of players are willing to afford them some space to fix this game as it should be, and would be quite happy with waiting 8 months instead of the 'four' months EP schedule we are on now.

What's the rush? Why have they changed it from six months to four? This has been going on since LN..about every four to five months, brand new EP.

They should really, really, slow down and do more Quality Control and play more than one family or one house and maybe test like we test..a few Sim weeks to see what crops up when least expected. Not just click on a Sim to make sure a feature worked and say 'yep, that works!' and move on to the next EP.

It doesn't matter if they tested this EP with just the base game only, if they tested long enough they would have spotted some bugs, and they either ignored them or they don't actually 'play test' but tests in some other way and we know never with an already existing/played family.

ETA: I also disagree there isn't bug free games. I was an advid player of Adventure games for years, and if a bug was discovered it was less than a month the company of some well known Adventure games had a patch on their site. They also didn't ignore MAC players.

Yes, a different genre entirely, but they knew their games inside and out, and knew if someone said this didn't work, they fixed them.

This is crashing etc., they didn't argue, they fixed it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    ETA: I don't mean to be critical of this Dev team, this EP is great for the most part. One of my favs. and I don't have favs. in TS3.

However, point, think about this. TS3 recently did a feature on the lovely lady that made the wedding dress of TS2's Celebration SP.
    I didn't read the article but I think they allowed her to make something for TS3.

That wedding dress she made for TS2 caused the base game wedding dress to no longer appear in the CAS catalog.

Means they allowed her to work on TS2 but didn't test her dress. Many were extremely mad the base game dress was gone! Took a modder to fix it, and EA never did.

Said they did in a patch, at one time, but it didn't work. Some still need the modders hack/fix in game if they have Celebrations installed, too.

And they allowed that lovely creator to work on TS3,..if I'm not wrong..again..not dissing this person, but I'm not sure I would buy anything she made for TS3 because of that one Major mishap.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited April 2013
    Some of the bugs reported literally make the game unplayable... I think that waiting a month is more than reasonable to fix their issues before trying to sell another EP that will have some issues and need its own patch too.

Maybe they should have an efficiency study because I cannot imagine why it is possibly so difficult for them to get out a patch to fix their game. I won't even get into the worlds they charge for and are so lazily put together. Have you ever opened up one of their worlds in CAW? My 5 year old could do a better job with routing paint.