Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resolved.

Resolved.

Comments

• Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited March 2013
    OR both EA creators and the CC creator got inspired by the same thing O_O?
  • Options
    hannmacyhannmacy Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you can, can you give an example? I'm very intrigued by this subject.
    tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    bbgrad2008bbgrad2008 Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2013
    OK.. An example is the new bun hairdo that was included with UL, which is a bun with a braid up the back. I have CC, which is almost exactly the same, except the UL one has hair sticking out of the top. I'll try to find the creator of the CC one.
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you freaking serious?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    angldior wrote:
    Are you freaking serious?

I'm not as outraged as the subject sounded, but yeah, I am serious. CC creators work hard to make the hair and dresses, yet EA, who probably has a hefty sized creative team, is just making copies of CC. Doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have seem so many similar hairstyles. That of those of CC creators or those of EA hairstyles. Either way, it doesn't mean they are stealing anything and for you to outright accuse EA without any sort of valid argument or lots of proof is, for lack of a better word, disgusting. :roll:
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't even know what to say to this because it's so freaking stupid.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you read the terms and conditions you agree to before playing the game, you'll find out that, technically, all CC legally belongs to EA, not you, and that you have no right to be outraged if they copy it.

They generally don't copy CC because, really, they just don't care.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It's kind of hilarious that some of you are so childish to call thoughts people have "disgusting" or "stupid". Maybe say something intelligent, like, "I don't see what you mean, but it's OK to disagree.

Angldior- Your location is "Nut House" so I don't really take anything you say with a grain of salt.

TanyaRubirose- Thanks for letting me know that; I thought maybe that's how it worked, but was sure, so thanks. And thanks for not using the word "stupid." I'll take a look to see if you have a wishlist.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    bbgrad2008 wrote:
    It's kind of hilarious that some of you are so childish to call thoughts people have "disgusting" or "stupid". Maybe say something intelligent, like, "I don't see what you mean, but it's OK to disagree.

Angldior- Your location is "Nut House" so I don't really take anything you say with a grain of salt.

TanyaRubirose- Thanks for letting me know that; I thought maybe that's how it worked, but was sure, so thanks. And thanks for not using the word "stupid." I'll take a look to see if you have a wishlist.

Haha, no. What's hilarious is you swooping in making assumptions. The intelligent thing for YOU to do is to ask questions first. You're actting before you know any information. So, before you go around calling anyone childish and telling them what they should do, you need to check your actions and words first.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is this a freakin joke ?????
    EA can do and add whatever the eff they want. If there was no sims there would be no modders or creators to come up with these things. This post is ignorant (lack info)point blank only one who sounds childish is you
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited March 2013
    The fact is, the majority of CC clothing/hairstyles are based on things the creators have seen in real life.

Many of EA's items are based on real life items as well.

It's more likely that EA got their design from the actual style, just as the CC creator did, as opposed to copying the CC creator.

• Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    bbgrad2008 wrote:

Haha, no. What's hilarious is you swooping in making assumptions. The intelligent thing for YOU to do is to ask questions first. You're actting before you know any information. So, before you go around calling anyone childish and telling them what they should do, you need to check your actions and words first.

Gotta agree with the bolded. Likewise, in my opinion, it's childish to publicly reward those who agree with you by openly stating you'll "gift" the person, via their wishlist, for being nice to you or agreeable. Why advertise that unless you're making a subtle statement which, in my mind, was an underhanded way of showing your "favor" and "disfavor" and a blatant attempt at, well, sucking up. 438_rubbing_chin.gif
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2013
    bbgrad2008 wrote:

The word "stupid" is not inherently childish. It's entirely valid if it's used appropriately. This was one such occasion. Your post was stupid. Just own up to it, say "my bad" and move on.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    edited March 2013
    Have the CC creator their self come out and say EA stole their creation or is it you just assuming this is the case or are you the CC creator claiming they stole ideal.

You can't say EA stole something from a CC creator because most of these CC creation are inspired from a photo they have seen in a magazines, other video games or virtual worlds.

new.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    *Ahem* To the Original Poster:

A lot of the creators will take their main mesh from an EA outfit and just change it around to suit their style; you actually can't accuse EA of stealing what's rightfully theirs in the first place. This is pretty much like an outraged creator claiming plagiarism of an outfit, when they got their mesh from EA. Actually, nobody owns anything on these forums...all the base content belongs to EA.

I don't do CC content myself, but I do occasionally post one of my buildings in my studio just so I'll have it available if I lose the file...like recently when I had to do a system restore on my laptop and lost two buildings...glad they're still on the Exchange! Nevertheless, if EA saw one of my buildings and liked it enough to put it in an expansion pack, I'd just say "Woot! Woot!" and keep on trucking.

Imitation, as the old saying goes is the sincerest form of flattery.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited March 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I don't do CC content myself, but I do occasionally post one of my buildings in my studio just so I'll have it available if I lose the file...like recently when I had to do a system restore on my laptop and lost two buildings...glad they're still on the Exchange! Nevertheless, if EA saw one of my buildings and liked it enough to put it in an expansion pack, I'd just say "Woot! Woot!" and keep on trucking.

This. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think EA is very kind about allowing CC to be uploaded, shared on their site at all.

Also can one even patent a hair style? I personally don't think you can but who knows in this crazy world.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think EA is very kind about allowing CC to be uploaded, shared on their site at all.

Also can one even patent a hair style? I personally don't think you can but who knows in this crazy world.

I personally think that EA is trying to get rid of CC because from talking to some of my modder/creator friends they said it was alot harder this time around in the sims 3 to mod and create meshes and change coding. I don't think they want it because in a way they lose money cause some people won't buy sps when they think " i can get CC for free and its better looking" But what can they do when the game is complete and people still find a way to work around it
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

This. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I totally agree with this. If someone creates something that EA likes and wants to use in the game then they can. I would think that it would be a great honor that the developers over at EA took an interest in someone's design and wanted to include it in their game. jmho... :)
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013

I thought it was great when they added the patch that allowed TS3 to start reading the Mods folder. That was a smart move. I hope TS4 eliminates the Launcher altogether, and focuses SOLELY on installation through that folder--it's WAY easier than the convoluted crap EA came up with with that daggone Launcher!
    I personally think that EA is trying to get rid of CC because from talking to some of my modder/creator friends they said it was alot harder this time around in the sims 3 to mod and create meshes and change coding. I don't think they want it because in a way they lose money cause some people won't buy sps when they think " i can get CC for free and its better looking" But what can they do when the game is complete and people still find a way to work around it

I was feeling this majorly when the Pets Patch was released and it broke ALL 3rd Party CC surfaces to hell, and EA didn't say Boo about it.

But I also noticed that the creator base for TS3 is SO much smaller than it was for TS2. It IS harder--I speak from experience :x :cry: -- and it sucks that there aren't as many TS3 creators as there were TS2 ones. :? And the TS3 ones we DO have often retire a lot quicker--they think the game is boring, and they move on to Skyrim. :lol: Honestly--I know at least 10 simmers who said this to me LAST YEAR ALONE. :shock:
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited March 2013
    Can everyone lay off the OP? Yes, they are wrong, but no need to call their post freaking stupid or ignorant, it's not childish, just rude.

Anyways, I agree that EA is trying to get rid of CC. That Pets patch was disastrous.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know. It's just a messy up-do, which isn't necessarily original or anything. I mean, it's possible that they do notice what CC seems to be popular or cute. But, is that really a bad thing? Maybe they don't "copy" so much as try to give their fans more of what they want and stay on top of current trends, which in a way is kind of smart. There are those of us who don't use CC after all, but would like more cute and current hair and clothes.

Anyway, the hairstyle in question was included in the University Life EP, so it's not like they were charging money for just the hairstyle alone (even if they were, that's their prerogative since it's their game). And remember, it's also possible that both this CC creator and EA came up with the idea of a messy bun entirely independent of each other, since it's a fairly common hairstyle in real life.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited March 2013
    Either way, it IS EA's game
    You're too late.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2013

I think that's half true and half false. I do believe that it's much tougher to create CC than previously although I've never ventured into that but I have also read CC creators saying how more difficult it has become.

What I think is half true is: I feel many who can use FREE CC will most likely not support EA's Store, EP's, SP's.

What I think is half false is: Regardless whether CC is free and they use it, there may be some who still buy EP's, SP's and content from The Store. Plus there are some who refuse to use anything that is unofficially not from EA. Besides not everything EA creates is as replicable by the CC creator...I think. Some examples that may or may not make any sense cause I'm just winging it. :lol:

Functional Hot Air Balloon (Although not to the extent many were expecting)

The barrier system PC that comes from the movie theater venue (I read there is something similar by a CC creator but has its limits compared to the one EA has)

So basically the conclusion is: CC/MODS has its limits, now whether that is intentional or not on EA's behalf, I don't know. So therefore, EA's content does come in good use for those that wants it.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”