Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Found the Graffiti Marker?

I would like to put one of the graffiti markers on the side of my building but I have not been able to find it anywhere in the game - not buydebug or in the regular catalog. Has anyone else been able to find it or know if there is a mod to make it available like there was with the food truck?

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2013
    Good question, I'd love to know this too. Come to think of it, I did notice a marker in buydebug the other day that I didn't recognise. :shock: It just seemed like a ball though the same as the others.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    You can have a sim do the graffiti for you on a building if they go in the art major at Uni.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited March 2013
    as writinreg said, the only way I have managed to add graffiti is by having a sim do it. I am building an "urban" style club with graffiti all over the walls. I added the lot to my game, had my art major sim "decorate" the walls and saved the lot. I am not 100% sure but I think you also need to have the first level with the rebel group to get the graffiti kit so you may not need to go to uni. I always have a sim with level 10 art, photography, sculpture and now graffiti to help decorate my lots.
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited March 2013
    The graffiti kit is available in buy mode, so I'd assume that any Sim can pick it up and start their street art skill.
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh - well in University if you notice the rebel lot, the right side of the building has like that taped off square - you do not need that to do graffiti on the building?
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to point out that you don't have to get your art major sim to do it... I had my science and medicine sim do some pretty bad art pieces. ;) .. he had no art skills.

There's also a marker in the garage of the fraternity.

On an irrelevant note - SimRealtor - your new beta world is amazing! I did go and replace some of the parking lots with those from University so it doesn't look so empty though. :lol:
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh - well thank you :) I am quite fond of it as well, been filling in more lots for a final version.

So - you did need that graffiti square to place artwork then or you can just do it anywhere on the wall? I guess I haven't played enough to figure that part out. Going to University is pretty glitchy for me at this time :(
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2013
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Oh - well thank you :) I am quite fond of it as well, been filling in more lots for a final version.

So - you did need that graffiti square to place artwork then or you can just do it anywhere on the wall? I guess I haven't played enough to figure that part out. Going to University is pretty glitchy for me at this time :(

When you choose to create a wall or ground mural you automatically get the option to choose where it goes. A frame comes up and you can place it with few restrictions. :)
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2013
    SimRealtor wrote:

When you choose to create a wall or ground mural you automatically get the option to choose where it goes. A frame comes up and you can place it with few restrictions. :)

^ That.

Just make sure the sim you're using has the street-art kit in his/her inventory, then you get options to do art from clicking on the kit. I would highly recommend having a sim with at least some art skill... ;)