Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone hired a butler for a dorm?

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to hire a butler for a dorm?
Since all beds are taken. Because it would really help out with the mess everyone leaves and the cooking :D
If I was to add another bed would another roomie come? My sim is currently living in the sorority house, not sure if that makes a difference :D

Comments

• Options
    MoochersCoochersMoochersCoochers Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I hired a butler when my two Sims lived in a dorm with others. The other Sims never showered for some weird reason.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hired a maid and he does a good job at keeping things decent.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited March 2013
    I brought Bonehilda with me - worked just fine. I also noticed something else... my roomies seem to play follow the leader. For a while no one would clean up or do anything around the house, although they mostly showered and ate on their own. I got tired of the small bathroom at the sorority I was in - it was too small for a hamper and everytime she took a shower, the clothes would show up on the floor in her room, even though that room had a hamper. Sigh. Told her to do laundry - and she went around grabbing laundry. After doing this a couple of times, her roomies started doing it too. Strange.
  • Options
    marissarw2000marissarw2000 Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    Haha, monkey see monkey do... Obviously roomies are not big on
    1. Cooking (Mine don't like to cook so they kept on starving, so I gave them a buffet table and a snow cone machine)
    2. Clean (I have a maid)
    3. Personal Hygiene (Yuck... just yuck)
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Cooking (Mine don't like to cook so they kept on starving, so I gave them a buffet table and a snow cone machine)
    2. Clean (I have a maid)

Haha, just like a real university :P
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes! I hired a butler in the middle dorm. I went into build and added a small basement room under the stairs closest to the kitchen, put a twin bed in it & selected it for the butler's use. Butler showed up & started cleaning up the place like usual. It was great!

I guess you could hire a butler without having to build them a separate room. Just use phone to hire one & then before they get there, buy them a bed, stick it anywhere you choose & then immediately set it for butler's use. :wink:
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    paneinger wrote:
    2. Clean (I have a maid)

Haha, just like a real university :P

:lol: LOL
    I think I might try the butler doesnt cost a lot more than the maid.
    Haven't thought of Bonehilda though, might be an option too.

Haven't seen someone starve or die though. And I once saw a sim shower, probably had a clean trait or something. They do leave lots of mess
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited March 2013
    i have not tried to hire a butler but the problem i have is they all cook and all do a group serving so there is loads of food everywhere all the time, my sim is neat so is constantly putting away left overs.
    Also they constantly shower and when i looked in one of the bathrooms there was a mountain of clothes.
    However none of them clean so i hired a maid.

Does anyone have the problem with them running around just turning everything on, and then not using the item?
  • Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2013
    one of the sims in my dorm automatically cleans the bathrooms :shock: maybe she has a neat trait, and everyone cleans up after themselves. I noticed that the sims living in my custom dorm do a lot better than the ones living in the premade dorms.
  • Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2013

Does anyone have the problem with them running around just turning everything on, and then not using the item?

I DO! I had to delete all the stereos in the other bedrooms :x