Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't get sixth trait!

There was a HUGE bottleneck at the entrance of the graduation ceremony, literally several Sim hours long for all of the attendees to robe up and get in. There had to be 20 or more Sims graduating. My Sim was waiting so long that the ceremony cancelled itself out after many in-game hours and he just went home instead... without a degree in his inventory and NO SIXTH TRAIT. He was not able to choose because that is only prompted AFTER the graduation ceremony! :x

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2013
    I haven't attended graduation yet, but thanks for posting this as a warning. Is there an notice posted when the graduation will take place? I'm thinking that if there is I'll be sure to send my sim early to avoid the bottleneck.
  • Options
    ComputosaurusComputosaurus Posts: 113 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Finally someone else with this issue! I just posted a bug report about it. I graduated with an "A" but I didn't go to the graduation ceremony so no new trait. Very upset. I'm going to go back for a second degree to see if it works this time around. :(
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I got my sixth trait from getting the forth level in social groups not for graduating
  • Options
    robbygordonfanrobbygordonfan Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    I had this problem too! I sent my husband and wife sims to Uni together. The wife was able to make it into the ceremony, and she got her sixth trait and her degree, but the husband never made it in. He didn't get his trait or the degree. But when I look at the enroll options on the phone it says that he has completed 48/48 credits, and he is unable to select that major from the honorary degree LTR.
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited March 2013
    My Sim hasn't graduated yet, but whenever there is a crowd at the door, I use testingcheatsenabled true and teleport to another place in the room. Once she gets where she's going, that seems to clear the congestion in the doorway. I don't know if that would work for graduation or not since I haven't gotten that far yet.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    You don't get the sixth trait from graduating from University. You get it when your sim get to a certain rep level (jock, nerd, reb.). I have had 4 sims get that sixth trait and they never even went to University.
  • Options
    NeetbNeetb Posts: 129 New Member
    edited March 2013
    stormwench wrote:
    I got my sixth trait from getting the forth level in social groups not for graduating

So did I. When you hover on the fourth or second to last star in the social groups it tells you that you'll have the ability to gain another trait. I could've sworn this was the only way to get another trait.
  • Options
    robbygordonfanrobbygordonfan Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    You don't get the sixth trait from graduating from University. You get it when your sim get to a certain rep level (jock, nerd, reb.). I have had 4 sims get that sixth trait and they never even went to University.

You get a trait when you graduate university, and a trait once you reach level 8 in any social group, for a maximum of seven traits.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

You get a trait when you graduate university, and a trait once you reach level 8 in any social group, for a maximum of seven traits.

Nope.

6 traits is maximum. It is confirmed by SimGurus. :wink:
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2013
    If the limit is 6, then why does one of my Sims have 7? (One after graduating, and another after completing a certain level in the social groups).

• Options
    SpunkeSpunke Posts: 62 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I had the same problem with the bottle neck. But I will say I had already taken one sim through and she got 1 trait for reaching lvl 8 in social group AND one when trait when she graduated, so she has 7.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    5 Sims have graduated in my game. All of the Sims that attended the graduation ceremony were prompted to receive their sixth trait right after. Not before. After.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2013
    6th trait you get when you hit the social group level 4 (on your smart phone) before you graduate. Once you graduate you cannot get the 6th trait.

As far as the game demo and Q$A in the ife broadcast sid you only get one extra trait but some people are reporting a 7th trait if they had the 6th before graduation and then getting a 7th at graduation.

For sure you don't get #6 at graduation - you have to get that through social networking and people that did not get #6 that way never see a new trait at all. If you have the #6 trait and then graduate - if you hit what I think is a glitch (as 7 traits were not supposed to happen) you get a 7th, but have to have gotten 6 the right way
  • Options
    XxXTaylor18XxXXxXTaylor18XxX Posts: 25 New Member
    edited March 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Nope.

No, you get one from social groups, one from getting a degree. I have the game, I've gotten 7 traits.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If you don't get the sixth trait from graduating... then why have ALL my Sims that attended gotten it after doing so?

Can I have a link to where this is confirmed? Because it has been my understanding that you get the 6th trait from graduating - which I have evidence of since all of my Sims received it after doing just that. With the exception of the Sim that missed the ceremony.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Nope.

No, you get one from social groups, one from getting a degree. I have the game, I've gotten 7 traits.
    This is my experience as well. One of my Sims has 7. Whether this is a glitch or not, they have 7. From graduating, and from the social groups. 7 traits.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Nope.

This gives me something to look forward to. My sim graduates in a few short days.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2013
    StephenTM wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Nope.

This is my experience as well. One of my Sims has 7. Whether this is a glitch or not, they have 7. From graduating, and from the social groups. 7 traits.

Same here...My Sims have 7 traits as well.
  • Options
    DerekGallinaDerekGallina Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    So... Did anyone figure out how to solve the degree certificate thing because I want my sim to get it :(
  • Options
    rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited March 2013
    keekee53 wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Nope.

Same here...My Sims have 7 traits as well.

All three sims I have had graduate/reach the required social level have gotten a total of 7 traits as well. 5 normal ones, one in a golden coloured box and one in a purplish box. I must have one heck of a glitch if you're only supposed to get a max of six.
  • Options
    CaptainJackCatCaptainJackCat Posts: 24 New Member
    edited March 2013
    So... Did anyone figure out how to solve the degree certificate thing because I want my sim to get it :(

Yours was closest to the end, so I thought I'd quote you. Graduation starts at 1 pm Saturday. My recommendation is that you get to the stadium in the morning and just have your sim hang out there. If you just teleport when the notice pops up, there's no real guarantee they'll get in.

The only way to actually get the paper degree and 7th (or 6th, depending on whether or not you've reached level 8 in a social group) trait is to go through the ceremony. That's how it'll happen. What also helped for me was NOT INVITING anyone to your graduation. It helped with the glitches of getting back home. Once they're in the building, go back to your home lot- I've found that it runs a bit more quickly, but then I'm on a Mac. As soon as the ceremony's done, teleport back to your lot and await the shuttle to take you home.

That'll work every time. They'll get their rewards and travel home safely.

• Options
    lynkaylynkay Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim boy graduated with a B and got his diploma and an extra trait (so he has six) which comes up in a red box. His fiancée, who graduated with an A, my other sim, went to graduation with him, but got caught in the group trying to get in. So she has no sixth trait and no diploma. So cheesed off right now :( They are on their way home now, and I'm glad. Not sure if I'll send them back to uni so she can get a diploma, no idea if this affects any jobs she'll get in the future, but this game has been annoying. LOL. I moved them into one of the residences which has three floors, and the top floor kept catching fire after they accepted roommates in. So I'm just glad they made it out of uni in one piece LOL
  • Options
    JonezJonez Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree, my sim just got a 7th trait (6th one from social networking=highlighted yellow, 7th one from graduating=highlighted red)

Good thing there is a maximum you can get with traits though, or I would have been disappointed as well: My sim has one more degree to go and then he has all of them. (I disabled ageing) and he just got this 7th trait when he finally got to graduate. I didn't think much of the graduation ceremony because I had no idea you would get an extra trait. So this bottleneck bug is fortunately not that big of a deal for me since I got my extra trait in the end... But still.
  • Options
    BronstarrBronstarr Posts: 5 New Member
    My sim graduated from ecomonics and she didnt get a trait. I lived in the house in Hobs HIll. I did graduate. Im a bit confused as to if i should of got one?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Bronstarr wrote: »
    My sim graduated from ecomonics and she didnt get a trait. I lived in the house in Hobs HIll. I did graduate. Im a bit confused as to if i should of got one?

@Bronstarr, it might be best to ask this question over in one of the threads in The Sims 4 Pack sections as this is an old Sims 3 thread from 2013.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-expansion-packs

I will also leave this link here for Carl's Sims 4 as it has a guide on it for The Sims 4 Discover University... :)
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

Or if you're having a bug or glitch in the game, then it would be best to search for and/or post/create a thread over on the AHQ site as that is where EA want's all bugs or issues with the game to be posted at... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top