Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FR from HPoulo

Dear HPoulo,

You sent me a friend request a few times within the past week. Each time I declined, as I do not know you. If you had looked at My Page and read "About Me", you would see that I am not accepting friend requests from random strangers, especially those whose only registered game is Supernatural.

I lurk heavily on the forums and am very familiar with most names I see in the GG section. Some I send friend requests to and other send them to me. These requests are only sent or accepted AFTER we have chatted or had some contact on the forum and I've determined that I am not about to be dragged into someone's virtual drama.

Since the subtle hint of declining did not work for you, I have blocked any further requests.

Thank you,
Ernesa
yY5vKua.png[img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited February 2013
    How do you block requests, please?
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it is really time to drop all of this HPoulo stuff. I don't think he's going to be entering any more contests or sending anymore friend requests for a while. It's time to just ignore the guy and leave him alone. No more threads about him.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    AMariseS wrote:
    How do you block requests, please?

When you click on the FR, you should see 3 options, "Accept", "Decline" or "Block".

I usually decline, if I don't know or know of the person. I do wait until I've seen them around the forums for about 2 months before I accept.

Hope this helps.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2013
    The same goes for me, no offense to anyone; but if I haven't chatted with you before, I don't accept friend request.
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited February 2013
    ohhh. I accept friend requests from everyone. What, exactly, does that do? I can see some stuff from other people in a Facebook type format on my page but I didn't think that there was more to it. :?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think it is really time to drop all of this HPoulo stuff. I don't think he's going to be entering any more contests or sending anymore friend requests for a while. It's time to just ignore the guy and leave him alone. No more threads about him.

I am not accustomed to explaining myself or my actions to others but I will this time. My thread has nothing to do with the foolishness that spun out of control on this forum. In fact, I did not read it or post but did hear about it. I don't give a fig about the negativity surrounding that issue. What I do care about is why I have been targeted by said person.

I do not enjoy the feeling of being stalked. HPoulo has sent me three or four FRs in as many days. Each time I decline, (s)he sends another. It is highly annoying and a little uncomfortable, therefore, I blocked any further requests.

Finally, I do not have a reputation for creating drama or being a rabble-rouser. However, whatever point you were trying to make here is wasted. I am truly not interested in what you think I should or should not say regarding this matter. Enjoy your day.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chasingAJ wrote:
    ohhh. I accept friend requests from everyone. What, exactly, does that do? I can see some stuff from other people in a Facebook type format on my page but I didn't think that there was more to it. :?

When you accept all FRs, it is exactly like FB. It allows your friends and their friends to see what's being said on your page. After a while, it can become a little daunting.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry you're experiencing a problem with someone who can't take no for an answer.
  • Options
    Katybug273Katybug273 Posts: 446 Member
    edited February 2013
    I always feel like the person has a reason if they don't accept, once is enough maybe twice if I forgot I sent one before and it's been awhile and I still talk to you on forums or see you around.

But I had this issue yesterday only once though so maybe it needs to be said not just for one person but it's sort of a common courtesy, once no friendship - twice maybe you forgot/made an error but that's really enough before it becomes something more annoying.
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    I watch who I accept FR requests from & I think this HPoulo
    person is very creepy & i'm very cautious about everyone I meet & even
    my friends i've known forever i'm cautious about them too.Its better to
    be safe than sorry,I hope this person gets the help they desperately need...

I want no FR request from them...
  • Options
    HPouloHPoulo Posts: 53 New Member
    edited February 2013
    chasingAJ wrote:

I can Again Confirm with this two quotes what i just was lookin' for .

+ Forget me.. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM U!
    + Do not gift me (FOREVER) as far as i'm still in this Site!

& This is an image of what i posted before wondering how/why my thread disappeared so may no one saw it & i posted it on SimGuruWeb's Page.

[ http://www13.0zz0.com/2013/02/26/18/231128965.jpg ]
    (click on " Open Original Image " at the top left, if you're experiencing problems to open the image)(then ZOOM)
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have always accepted all friend requests, but I think I need to quit, and maybe weed out those I never talk to or see around the forums. I do my nominating off my friends list and I have too many to go through lol
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would have posted like this allso to inform a repeat requester if I couldn't post on their my page.

I have had one that send a request the day after I told them on their my page why I declinede their first request. They responded to that post with an I'm sorry. That combinde with them haveing been in a thread where I stated in the op/rules of thread that I didn't take friendrequests (+ it is both in my about me and in my top commentbox) made me block them.

I'm very much on guard with acepting friend requests, not so much becouse of acses to my my-page (as it is open) but becouse of what have happende on this site before.

I fully understand and support Ernesa's reason to post this, and to post it in this forum, where the person mostlikely have seen her and therefor will see this thread. No matter who was doing the requesting.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    SandySim wrote:
    I have always accepted all friend requests, but I think I need to quit, and maybe weed out those I never talk to or see around the forums. I do my nominating off my friends list and I have too many to go through lol

It's quite difficult to keep the list down. :lol: I tried but it doesn't work. Besides, I see or speak to almost all of the people on my friend list. I try to go through several times a year and gift everyone with a wl.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Katybug273Katybug273 Posts: 446 Member
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    SandySim wrote:

It's quite difficult to keep the list down. :lol: I tried but it doesn't work. Besides, I see or speak to almost all of the people on my friend list. I try to go through several times a year and gift everyone with a wl.

I sent that before I saw this - this had nothing to do with the other. Just wanted to say that :)
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    SandySim wrote:

LOL! Maybe this is why people keep sending you FRs. :wink:

Not to make light of the problem of internet stalking (don't know anything about the history of this particular issue) and I am sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable. I have always wished that we could explain the reason for our request as we send it. I always request CC Free simmers, but if I haven't been on the forum for awhile and the person hasn't seen my thread it can be uncomfortable to make the request.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    SandySim wrote:

Not to make light of the problem of internet stalking (don't know anything about the history of this particular issue) and I am sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable. I have always wished that we could explain the reason for our request as we send it. I always request CC Free simmers, but if I haven't been on the forum for awhile and the person hasn't seen my thread it can be uncomfortable to make the request.

Dream I would love that... a little note box with the send request just like the gifts... and that you NEEDED to writt some thing.... I be happy with a "I like your xxxx" or "you seem nice" they could even ad some standard options for people to use.
    I would allso love if we could ad a note when declining.... then I make a standard note of my own to send to people - and save space on my my-page.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2013
    You should never have to explain yourself when trying to deal with someone who cannot take no for an answer.
    I've never liked these new silly pages, or the way the friends thing is set up. I've been careful about who I add for a couple of years now, especially since the "trend" used to be to FR someone and then spam their pages repeatedly with requests for gifts. I also always refuse FR's unless I know the person, or have seen them around the boards.
    I'm sorry that it had to come to this for you.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ Smash .... Thanks ((HUGS))

@ Anette .... glad to see you back. ((HUGS))

@ Katybug ..... No worries. the forum has changed so much in the past year that I need to know what I'm stepping into. Sometimes I succeed and, others, I chalk up to a learning experience. :D

I try to go through several times a year and gift everyone with a wl.

Not to make light of the problem of internet stalking (don't know anything about the history of this particular issue) and I am sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable. I have always wished that we could explain the reason for our request as we send it. I always request CC Free simmers, but if I haven't been on the forum for awhile and the person hasn't seen my thread it can be uncomfortable to make the request.[/quote]

I hope not. :lol::lol:

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    HPoulo wrote:
    chasingAJ wrote:

I can Again Confirm with this two quotes what i just was lookin' for .

+ Forget me.. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM U!
    + Do not gift me (FOREVER) as far as i'm still in this Site!

& This is an image of what i posted before wondering how/why my thread disappeared so may no one saw it & i posted it on SimGuruWeb's Page.

[ http://www13.0zz0.com/2013/02/26/18/231128965.jpg ]
    (click on " Open Original Image " at the top left, if you're experiencing problems to open the image)(then ZOOM)

I read the info at your link--it really doesn't make a lot of sense because I have no idea what any of this is about. I don't know why you keep hounding this person, but seriously I don't know how she could make it any clearer.

She doesn't want to know about your life. She doesn't want to be your friend. She doesn't want to hear from you at all.

She wants you to leave her alone. You are making her uncomfortable. You should stop posting in her threads unless you have something relevant to say to contribute to her thread.

I have nothing against you--I don't know you, but I really think you should back-off of the OP.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:

Dream I would love that... a little note box with the send request just like the gifts... and that you NEEDED to writt some thing.... I be happy with a "I like your xxxx" or "you seem nice" they could even ad some standard options for people to use.
    I would allso love if we could ad a note when declining.... then I make a standard note of my own to send to people - and save space on my my-page.

Exactly. I usually accept requests--unless my creeper senses start tingling when I check out the person's My Page. I usually check out their friends, join date, registered games and studio to see if I can spot a reason why they might have sent the FR. I don't have any hard-fast rules about what makes my "sense" tingle...and even if it does I might let it sit for a bit before I make a decision.

I have about 15 requests that I have sent out that are still pending--they have been there for a long time. Some of the simmers are people that I see on here every time I get on. Not sure why they haven't answered, but they are always friendly.

I can't believe some people only send FR to get people to spam for gifts. :evil: My mama always said asking for gifts was tacky--and mama's rarely wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pary wrote:
    You should never have to explain yourself when trying to deal with someone who cannot take no for an answer.
    I've never liked these new silly pages, or the way the friends thing is set up. I've been careful about who I add for a couple of years now, especially since the "trend" used to be to FR someone and then spam their pages repeatedly with requests for gifts. I also always refuse FR's unless I know the person, or have seen them around the boards.
    I'm sorry that it had to come to this for you.

For me it is a 2 way road.
    it is only fair that I state i don't take requests or my criteria for takeing requests.
    but it is also only fair for people to respect that when it is clearly stated.

my ansvere to that, to stay fair and not stress myself, is that it is stated in my about me and most of the days in the first post on my wall by me + as 1 of the rules if I hoste something to not send a request. I any one then send a request the open themself up for first of a decline (the standard respons) but also for being blocked, simple as that.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ Dream..... listen to your mama.

I have several pending FRs. Some have been ther for a while because I have yet to see these people in any area of the forum.

Occasionally, I'll judge or run a contest and see/talk to them. Then I accept. Known nuts and beggars can forget it. :roll:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    Really mature way to clear up things Ernesa. Thanks for being so patient and understading. Hugs <3
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    For me it is a 2 way road.
    it is only fair that I state i don't take requests or my criteria for takeing requests.
    but it is also only fair for people to respect that when it is clearly stated.

my ansvere to that, to stay fair and not stress myself, is that it is stated in my about me and most of the days in the first post on my wall by me + as 1 of the rules if I hoste something to not send a request. I any one then send a request the open themself up for first of a decline (the standard respons) but also for being blocked, simple as that.

I very rarely send FR's to begin with. And if by chance I do, I always look at the person's page beforehand, and read their about me, if there is one. Or check their signature on the boards, just in case they don't wish to receive friend requests.

Despite my having ( quite clearly I might add ) a section in my "about me" stating I prefer not to receive FR's from people I don't know, I STILL get numerous amounts of requests from people I've never even seen before.

Either people simply are too inconsiderate to read, or blatantly cannot comprehend a simple preference.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding