Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DataHead's Build Thread: D.N.A. & More! -- The Sims 4?

DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
jbe2JHI5mFfAbs.png

Hi everyone, I go by DataHead and I am a member of the D.N.A. Request Team and I am really excited to take your requests! I specialize in modern and victorian style lots, whether they be Community or Residential, but I can do other styles as well. I have always loved architecture, and love how I can express my architectural creativity through The Sims 3. I try to keep my game updated with all Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs (I currently own all but Sweet Treats). When/If I accept your request, for the purpose of communication, I will use this thread to ask you questions and I will do my best to keep you updated on the status of your lot. I try not to use Custom Content, but will be willing if the applicant specially requests it.
53jk8o.png

i3Pcj7E17lJam.png

EXPANSION PACKS:
-World Adventures
-Ambitions
-Late Night
-Generations
-Pets (Limited Edition)
-Showtime (Katy Perry Collector's Edition)
-Supernatural (Limited Edition)
-Seasons (Limited Edition)
-University Life (Limited Edition)
-Island Paradise (Limited Edition)
-Into the Future (Limited Edition)

STUFF PACKS:
-High End Loft Stuff
-Fast Lane Stuff
-Outdoor Living Stuff
-Town Life Stuff
-Master Suite Stuff
-Diesel Stuff
-70's, 80's & 90's Stuff

STORE CONTENT:
This is a full list of ALL of my Sims 3 Store content! It is a long and extensive list but it has everything you need to know about any of the items I have purchased via the Sims 3 Store. You can find the list HERE.I try to keep the list updated, but some items may be missing from the list.
53jk8o.png
Post edited by DataHead on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    iYN7CQKcxdlM5.png

Here you can see current progress of my builds. Just click the image of build to be redirected to the W.I.P. post.
    53jk8o.jpg

iNdKdRLBfEvUw.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    io3cKqGmGgT4B.png

Here you can find updates about my builds and other miscellaneous sims related information you may want to know.
    53jk8o.jpg
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thread looks good DH! Looking forward to more builds! ^_^

(I hope I can post)

~Will
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    Thread looks good DH! Looking forward to more builds! ^_^

(I hope I can post)

~Will

Thanks Will! (and yeah, your okay to post)
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited February 2013
    Looks cool! 8)
    oow785m
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2013
    Looking good DH!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    YAY NEW BANNERS!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am now going to put mzcool's request on hold. Mzcool, PLEASE CHECK IN SO I CAN CONTINUE WORKING ON YOUR BUILD!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The new banners looks good DH! mzcool should check in!

~Will
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    The new banners looks good DH! mzcool should check in!

~Will

He/She should! I'm already like 1/3 of the way done with it anyway :shock: .
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh WOW! Beautiful banners DH! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    mzcoolmzcool Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    I am now going to put mzcool's request on hold. Mzcool, PLEASE CHECK IN SO I CAN CONTINUE WORKING ON YOUR BUILD!!!

I'm here.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mzcool wrote:
    DataHead wrote:

I'm here.

Awesome! Now I can keep going! I just have a few questions before I continue...

Right now, the lot has a large hotel (with many features inside) taking up about 1/4 of the lot. Then a large pool and patio which takes up another 1/4, and then a tropical area with winding paths, and canopies taking up the rest. Does all of that sound good to you?

Another question being, is it okay if I don't make the lot a base camp? I don't have the mod to make Sunlit Tides a vacation world, and you can't make a lot a base camp if you aren't in the vacation world. I'm sure once you download this and put it in the vacation version of sunlit tides you can change it yourself. I'm going to make this lot work a lot like the apartments in Bridgeport, so other sims can come to the pool and hotel, without going into your sims personal room. Is that okay with you?

Sorry if those questions are a little overwhelming, and just let me know if you need me to explain them a little further...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    mzcool wrote:
    DataHead wrote:

I'm here.

Right now, the lot has a large hotel (with many features inside) taking up about 1/4 of the lot. Then a large pool and patio which takes up another 1/4, and then a tropical area with winding paths, and canopies taking up the rest. Does all of that sound good to you?

Another question being, is it okay if I don't make the lot a base camp? I don't have the mod to make Sunlit Tides a vacation world, and you can't make a lot a base camp if you aren't in the vacation world. I'm sure once you download this and put it in the vacation version of sunlit tides you can change it yourself. I'm going to make this lot work a lot like the apartments in Bridgeport, so other sims can come to the pool and hotel, without going into your sims personal room. Is that okay with you?

Sorry if those questions are a little overwhelming, and just let me know if you need me to explain them a little further...

Yeah base camp designation and apartment type design is fine. I'd like a wraparound balcony with a hot tub and a grill. I'd like an elevator that goes directly into the penthouse suite.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mzcool wrote:
    DataHead wrote:
    mzcool wrote:
    DataHead wrote:

I'm here.

Yeah base camp designation and apartment type design is fine. I'd like a wraparound balcony with a hot tub and a grill. I'd like an elevator that goes directly into the penthouse suite.

I just wanted to let you know that I have read this...and I have some WIP pics for you coming later today. So I guess you could call it "checking in" on my part! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    5d7xa0.png
    10ga0x4.jpg
    16i2yc.jpg
    4zxdt2.jpg
    2z89gs2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi DH!

The hotel looks gorgeous and very high end! I definitely will look out for future updates! ^_^

~Will
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    Hi DH!

The hotel looks gorgeous and very high end! I definitely will look out for future updates! ^_^

~Will

Thanks Will, after the update it will be even more modern!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Looks good so far. However, I would prefer a more Miami Modern exterior and a wrap around balcony for the penthouse. Underground parking is also needed. I would also like a beachfront lot, if possible. The hotel should be a little bit bigger,in size, and more curvaceous if possible. Obviously I know the Fountainebleau cannot be recreated, but the styling is a bit off. I would like to have a drive up valet area in the front as well. For the exterior styling, try to make it look more like this

37993-hi-Fontainebleau,MiamiBeach.jpg

Also, I'd appreciate it if you made the interior styling lighter. I'd prefer more white in there. Otherwise, it looks very good.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oooh I am liking the tropical vibe. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Yanti!

@Mzcool I am currently working on that right now. As for the curvature of the building and wrap around balconies; I don't think (with the lot size provided) I can make it work quite like you wish. The lot is already beachfront, so that is taken care of. I am currently making it look a little nicer, and fit your needs. Here are some things I have fixed -

-I got rid of the tiki columns on the front, and extended the balconies.
    -I have moved the parking spaces, and I am working on putting them underground now.
    -I will be changing the floor tiling around the pool to make it look a little nicer.
    -There will be a more "grand" entry that has more of an elegant look as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    Thanks Yanti!

@Mzcool I am currently working on that right now. As for the curvature of the building and wrap around balconies; I don't think (with the lot size provided) I can make it work quite like you wish. The lot is already beachfront, so that is taken care of. I am currently making it look a little nicer, and fit your needs. Here are some things I have fixed -

-I got rid of the tiki columns on the front, and extended the balconies.
    -I have moved the parking spaces, and I am working on putting them underground now.
    -I will be changing the floor tiling around the pool to make it look a little nicer.
    -There will be a more "grand" entry that has more of an elegant look as well.

Sounds good, but I don't see how the lot size would have anything to do with the wraparound balcony.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I updated the previous post, let me know what you think!