Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DataHead's Build Thread: D.N.A. & More! -- The Sims 4?

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh WOW! :shock: That would go so well when we can build resorts in Island Paradise ep. :mrgreen: Looks so realistic! Brilliant job DH! Can't wait for more pics. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2013
    Dh, this new one is beautiful as well! It looks a lot like the picture above ^ I'll look out for more!

~Will :D
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited March 2013
    What a professional thread. It looks great. I can't wait to see how this request turns out.
  • mzcoolmzcool Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks a ton better, but I'd like some more tropical foliage and for the pool area to be hidden from the street. I'd like to plant this lot so that the back of the hotel faces the beach, if you could, can you design a walkway to the beach? Other than that, I like the design.
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2013
    mzcool wrote:
    It looks a ton better, but I'd like some more tropical foliage and for the pool area to be hidden from the street. I'd like to plant this lot so that the back of the hotel faces the beach, if you could, can you design a walkway to the beach? Other than that, I like the design.

I have moved the pool further away from the street, so it's pretty much hidden from the street. There is currently a pathway to the oceanfront, but I don't know which direction the beach will be located; so you may have to adjust that once you place the lot.

I am still working on the gym, restaurant, library, lobby, and parking areas; but none of them should take too long to finish. Hopefully your request will be finished by the end of the week.
    edited March 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    mzcool wrote:

I have moved the pool further away from the street, so it's pretty much hidden from the street. There is currently a pathway to the oceanfront, but I don't know which direction the beach will be located; so you may have to adjust that once you place the lot.

I am still working on the gym, restaurant, library, lobby, and parking areas; but none of them should take too long to finish. Hopefully your request will be finished by the end of the week.

Oh alright sounds good.
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow! DH!!! You have put a TON of work, time, creativity and glamor into this build! Just Wow!M

Your requester is so lucky!

X O Taryn
    edited March 2013
    CoverPic_zpsf7f68f59.png

Mzcool, your request is complete. Click picture to download.
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    Gorgeous build Data! You put a lot of talent.....and heart...into this one.

Rec'd and faved!

T
  • EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited March 2013
    Very stylish, great job! Recaroo'd. :D
    oow785m
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great Job DH!

Rec'd! :wink:

~Will
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great designing and building of the hotel! It looks great! :) Great carpeting of the arcade area. The pool area looks good. A great build!
  • EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited March 2013
    outstanding resort DH, rec/fav :wink:
    edited March 2013
    Thank you, this lot is very sexy.
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited March 2013
    WOW!!! DH the hotel is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! DRF from me. Must have it in my game! :D :thumbup:
    edited March 2013
    mzcool wrote:
    Thank you, this lot is very sexy.

8) Thank you, I'm glad you like it! :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    Great design and so realistic! I simply love it! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • xxtwilight19xxxxtwilight19xx Posts: 1,084 Member
    edited April 2013
    Here to check in! Ask away :)
    edited April 2013
    Here to check in! Ask away :)

Thank you for checking in so quickly! I'll just go ahead and say that the build will be done sooner because of how easy that was! :mrgreen:

Anyway, can you maybe find some pictures of an interior that you like? I know you said gothic/modern, but I'm still a little confused on what you mean by that.

Do you mean something along the lines of this...
    Modern-Bedroom-Designs-with-Wooden-Frame-Bed.jpg

Or this...
    Gothic-Style-Bedroom-Design-Ideas.jpg

As you can see, both are modern and gothic, the balance is just different between the 2.
    edited April 2013
    Yes! That's what I was going for! I know the theme is a bit confusing so you actually seem to be catching on pretty easily. Your pictures are actually better than mine were at grasping both the modern and gothic together.

I basically just want the gothic part to come off in the color scheme and with a few pieces of furniture/decor that are gothic (similar to the chairs, end table, chandelier, & patterns in the second photo) But I still want to maintain the modern feel with an open concept and with that contemporary/urban feel. I don't want the gothic theme to completely take over the house though so that's why I said semi-gothic. Keep the gothic theme more subdued in places like the living area and guest bedroom and let it show more in places like the study, dining area, and master bedroom. I want the gothic theme to show most in the study/library which will be his "sanctuary" type place.

I just want the idea of a single bachelor in the city kept in mind. So think urban, modern, masculine with a slight gothic twist (through color, patterns, artwork, small pieces of furniture) I actually like your second picture a bit better than the one I have because it's modern and gothic at the same time. Mine is more just gothic alone but here it is:

gothic-inspired-bedroom.jpg

I checked out some other builders from DNA's houses too to see if any of them had something similar to what I have in mind just by looking through images. Here's a few that stuck with me...

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6793771
    I like the exterior of this one with the carports and also the open concept. Although the color scheme doesn't quite fit, I really liked the idea of the kitchen, bar, living, and dining area all sort of meshing together. I love the fireplace too!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6105461
    Alike the one above, this one grasps the open concept just as well. I really like the choice of furniture. The color is a bit off in this one too though

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5371181
    I like this one for choice in furniture. It's also a tad bit closer in color than the other two.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4702849
    This one is closest for color and the masculine feel. It's not an open concept but this one just screamed bachelor pad to me.

I also forgot to throw this into my request I believe, but I'd really like it if the master bedroom had large windows along at least one side of the room (and the balcony attached to it too) It'd actually be pretty similar to the first image you uploaded but just with even BIGGER windows that cover the full wall & a door that leads outside to the balcony (where the hot tub is located!)

I'll definitely check in here everyday to keep you updated! I probably just won't answer until later in the day during the school week. (7pm EST or later) Ask as many questions as you need and take your time. I trust your intuition :)

*Sorry for the super long post! I'm just trying to give you as much info as I can right now. If you need more pictures I'll try and post some tomorrow. It's just pretty late right now
    edited April 2013
    No need to apologize for the long post at all! I totally understand, and I myself have a habit of ranting in posts myself.

I'll go ahead and start this build tonight, and possibly get you a screenshot or two. If I don't have any shots ready by tonight, than I will for sure tomorrow!!! Since this build isn't too elaborate, I don't think it will take all to long to complete either.
    edited April 2013
    Sounds good! I'm excited to see what you come up with :D
    edited April 2013
    Screenshot-121_zpsb322f42a.jpg
    Screenshot-120_zps0a06f80f.jpg
    Screenshot-122_zps4b1729a6.jpg
    Screenshot-123_zps7becf267.jpg
    Screenshot-124_zpsf29d7589.jpg
    Screenshot-126_zps791dd332.jpg
    Screenshot-127_zpsff7757d7.jpg
    edited April 2013
    So... the screenshots are posted above, and here are some comments/questions I have.

-I obviously have a lot of objects to recolor and what not, and I was wondering what you thought about the color-scheme I'm using now. It has the light brown wood, grey, black, and white.
    -I'm assuming you have University now since you said you were going to buy it? I don't know that I've used any of those items yet, but I will likely end up using some if you have it.
    -There is a large empty area next to the house that's just kinda sitting there. I was wondering if maybe you wanted a sort of secluded garden or something to go over there? If not a garden, do you have any other ideas for the space? I could just leave it, but it looks sorta awkward just sitting empty like that.
    edited April 2013
    WOW! :shock: That structure looks gorgeous! Love that bedroom. Great CASing! :D