Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Helena Estate a 1920's- 30's and The Ordway Family

This is a 1920's-30's build. I have had a lot of fun researching for this build. Love the colours,patterns and floorboards with lots of rugs of this era, a Folly's favourite building decor item :D:lol: This build was inspired by a dear sim friend. :D:D It is almost finished I hope to upload it this weekend. :D Will post more pictures soon. Folly
Helena Estate
decfddb2-f469-4516-9034-9ee63a202c44_zps642b150e.jpg

2hfku2b.jpg

n4whec.jpg

f0nuys.jpg
Link
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6966917

Comments

• Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited February 2013
    Such a lovely home! Did you build this off oa home from Helena, Montana?

Can't wait to see more!

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your house looks really lovely :) It sounds very nice inside too, and i look forward to seeing further pictures and the finished build.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait Folly! :D This looks delightful! I just adore that brick and your gardens are alway so charming! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited February 2013
    One more room to decorate then my build is finished. :P
    Here are a few more pictures of the main bedroom and nursery\ girls room.
    r8m8.jpg

5yygx0.jpg

67s46p.jpg
    Hi Snow I found this home on the web when looking for homes from that era. Luckly I did a quick sketch of it I have not been able to find it again. :lol: Hugs Folly
    Thank you so much Rosemow for your lovely feed back I really appreciate it. :D:D:D Folly
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh those bedrooms looks gorgeous Folly! So luxurious! Good choice of wall paper and the beds are perfect for the theme. The pink is so deliciously girly and the green looks regal. I like how you have made a corner for the clothes. :D
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited February 2013
    It looks beautiful Folly. The girls bedroom is really so pretty. Really like the master as well, very stylish. Can't wait to see more. :)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh folly! That is so pretty! ( hugs!). T
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Lovely!! :) Every part of these bedrooms are both beautiful and at the same time beautifully done by you. You seem to bring out the loveliness of them by the the way you have designed them, placed items, the colours/patterns used. Thankyou for sharing your builds with us and now i really look forward to seeing the completed build. :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW! Folly, you've done it again. :)

The architecture is beautiful and the patterns and colors of the decor are luxuriously done.

I'm looking forward to the final result. :wink:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2013
    Really fabulous Folly! I like the older furnishings of the home! I'm looking forward to seeing more! :D

~Will
  • Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2013
    this came out just beautiful love the coloration, it's so rich. great design and lovely furnishings
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi Yanti
    Glad you like the decor it was very interesting researching this build, the web site that I put on Snowmoon's thread was very inspiring. :D
    The main bedroom was from that site, it has the wardobe on one side of the bed and a bathroom on the other. :D:D:D Thank you.Hugs Folly
    Some more Pictures with more to come. I think I went a bit snap happy. :lol: Folly
    9r62wx.jpg

35modb7.jpg

wa6ek0.jpg

clz5j.jpg

63yjcy.jpg

2lbcaxi.jpg

whbfag.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I can see that this is an inspired build Folly! :D It is stunning! Both outside and inside. I am loving the architecture! The brick exterior looks fantastic! I like how you have used part of the castle set. Clever idea! Love the interiors. Specially the bedrooms and the kitchen! So charming. Good choice of patterns and colours. It is loaded with period charm. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Beautiful home! :) Every room /area is so lovely. The colours, the patterns, the furnishings, the outside , the interior, the bedroms, the kitchen, the rugs :), the everything is lovely! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for your wonderful comments and support Nini, Taryn and rose.
    Hugs Folly
    Oh yes and there is more. :lol:
    331ziwh.jpg

35ioeur.jpg

2vt7c6o.jpg

jukbhg.jpg

o73874.jpg

5wa36c.jpg

2qarzx0.jpg

18j9t3.jpg

2lky4gp.jpg
    Thank you for taking the time to look. :mrgreen::mrgreen: xox Folly
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Goooorgeous! Again, the level of detail deserves a rec. You paid attention to every-little-thing, and the end result was worth it.

:thumbup:
  • Options
    NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited February 2013
    rec'd and downloaded!
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to DRF I go!

I love this build, Folly! From the first glance it stole my heart! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    Such a warm, cozy, inviting hoüse. Recd-and faved!

It's just so pretty everywhere Folly! I love it!

T
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic. Love the brick on the outside and the interior is so elegantly decorated. Rec'd.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ah...Thank you Itsy I found so many lovely architectural build for this era, I think I might build a small one as a starter. Hugs Folly
    Thank you Will, I found many gorgeous pictures for inspiration for this build. Folly :D
    Hi Endofmyboot
    The were so many colours that they used in 1920's 30's. One of the pictures I used for a guide had 8 in its colour pallette. :shock: Folly
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey there. Sorry, I got lost in threads. *eyes cross*

I grew up in Montana and was going to go tot school in Helena. They have so many classic mansion it makes my head spin. I did find one a bit similar, but it could be because it is just brick.

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=71980

RedBrickhouse-1.jpg

Lovely, I job love the interior. Can't wait to give it a rec when it comes up!~

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This is perfection! :D I just adore the interior pics and that swimming pool area looks STUNNING! Also love that room with the pool table. Looks like this home has everything that a sim can possibly need or want. :D Great job Folly! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Rose thank you so much your support and lovely comments. I truly appreciate your kindness :D:D:D Hugs Folly
    Snowmoon What a gorgeous house, I can see the similarities. How lovely to live in a town with such gorgeous homes. :D:D Hugs Folly
    Thank you walkingstick :D:D:D I love the rich red brick too,a lot of older homes here in Australia are bilt with it. :D:D Folly
    Hi Dear Yanti thank you so much for all your support for this build. It is lovely to have such wonderul comments from one of my favourite builders. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2013
    ohmygoshthisispretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

and apologies for my exuberance if that's annoying, but WHOA are there some SERIOUSLY AWESOME builders on this forum!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I am like a kid in a candy store, sooooooooooo many pretty pretty lots to choose from, my only sadness is that I can't have them all in my town at once. :lol:

Anyway, Follyfoot, this is most excellent, thank you so very much for sharing! woowoo!! Okay, have to figure out where I can put this... :P