Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some New Orleans Inspired Lots

I'm on a bit of a N'awlin's kick right now. :wink:

Lot Name: Italianate Victorian Gem

Link to your Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6909577

Description: A house in the Garden District of New Orleans, inspired by an online photograph. After I created almost the entire lot I discovered that it is actually currently for sale. The title of the lot comes from the realtor's description. 30x30 sized lot

Exterior:

NOLAExteriorFrontUse_zpsc89d7c48.jpg

NOLAExteriorBack_zpsa25f472a.jpg

NOLAGarden1_zpsbdf70b6e.jpg

Interior:

NOLAEntry_zps83bac894.jpg

NOLALiving_zpsd58420fe.jpg

NOLALibrary_zps370a53de.jpg

NOLAKitchen_zps69c2da43.jpg

NOLADining_zps17bf459e.jpg

NOLAUpstairsLanding_zpsa5ad5046.jpg

NOLAGuest1_zps1e70cbcf.jpg

NOLAUpstairsBath_zps0423cbf7.jpg

NOLAArtStudio_zps389e1434.jpg

NOLAMasterBR_zpse279674b.jpg

NOLAMasterBath_zps407693f3.jpg

Thank you for looking. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2013

I got the idea to create an Elixer Store using a New Orleans theme. so here is Cherie Simveau's House of Voodoo and Magic - No CC (checked with Custard)

Locally famous Cherie Simveau was known as a healer and practitioner of mysterioius arts. Come visit her museum and shop and learn about her beliefs. It may not look like much on the outside, but you will be enchanted by the things you see inside. And while you're here, don't forget to pick up some potions and souvenirs for your friends and family!

10x15 lot. Play-tested. Constains lots of Store content, including the Magic and Africa Inspiration Collection, plus some Gothique. Download it here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6928768

CherieElixerExterior_zps5942a7da.jpg

CherieElixer_zps7ebcf7e8.jpg

CherieElixer1_zps3d7a8048.jpg

CherieElixer3_zpseebdc596.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Viex Carre Venues - No CC (checked with Custard)

After taking a "virtual walk" down Bourbon street using Google Earth, I decided to try to recreate a couple of the buildings that are next door to the House of Voodoo. So this lot was modeled from an online photograph of some real life venues in New Orleans. On the left is a "jazz club" with a stage for musicians, in the center a consignment store, and on the right is a similar but slightly different House of Voodoo elixer consignment store. The lot was play-tested and the mixologist and both consignment register operators were created and functioned perfectly in my test game.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6928812

Exterior:

VCVenues2_zps436b75ac.jpg

VCVenues_zps830e1300.jpg

Exterior at Night:

VCVenuesNight_zps5b5ba43a.jpg

The Venues from left to right:

Simfritzel's Jazz Club

VCJazz_zpsf31057ab.jpg

VCJazz2_zps07279893.jpg

VCJazz4_zpsb894d6cc.jpg

VCJazz3_zpsa0c59dc5.jpg

Bourbon Street Resale (Consignment) Shop:

VCConsignment_zpsbc896b72.jpg

VCConsignment2_zpsf1f728cf.jpg

And the one story building on the right is Cherie Simveau's House of Voodoo and Magic (Elixer Consignment Shop):

VCElixer1_zpsb1d73e3a.jpg

VCElixer_zpsd7332689.jpg

VCElixer2_zpsdd852650.jpg

VCElixer3_zps00548974.jpg

Thank you!

Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great New Orleans themed lots :) Great exterior design of these builds. I like how you have combined the 2 shops and a jazz club in the one lot of Viex Carre Venues.
    The outdoor areas of Italianate are very nicely done, and the furnishings and shades of colours used for the interior are lovely.
    Great choice of decor the for shops in your builds. And your jazz club really has the feel of such a venue.
    Great :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2013
    Cool! :D I like New Orleans homes! The first one especially is gorgeous. Love the cornices and that garden is gorgeous. Inside, I love the living room. Looks cosy! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Good job with the Vodoo house too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: The third build, the club, have you uploaded it as yet? I didn't see a download link! I would be happy to recommend once you upload it to the exchange. Great interiors. Looks so realistic. :D
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great builds!! :) the first one is just gorgeous, I love the outside patio area and the kitchen is cool. The living room is very pretty. got it rec'd. :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

The house of Voodoo and Magic is pretty cool, wonderful shop. I do have ot say that that wood sculpture is kinda creepy. LOL Never seen anything like that before. Got this lot rec'd too. :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Viex Carre Venues, is pretty neet too, would like to rec that on too but there is no link. If you post link i will be back and send another rec your way. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for your sweet comments, rosemow! You are always so nice to take the time to encourage us builders. :-)

yanti, thank you very much also! This was the first time I tried the cornices. I do like the way they look but they are a pain unless you only do straight lines!

NiniBeMe69, I so appreciate your comments very much! I agree that wood sculpture is rather creepy. I'll have to investigate now to see whene and where I got that! (It's definitely EA made, but I forget now how long I've had it).

Also, thank you very much, both of you, for pointing out that I forgot to include the link to the lot. I have included it in the post now. I guess I was in a hurry to upload these lots so that I could get patched up for the 70's, 80's, and 90's EP. :wink:

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    I always stare at the pictures on this thread because they are awesome builds, but I, for some reason, have never posted. I love these builds especially the house, it turned out great! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Recommended the Viex Carre Venues too! Great job Happy Simmer! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love them all :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    *hugs*
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rec'd all!

Super!

T
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited January 2013
    ooooh these are very fun and well done!
    off to do some recing!
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love your entries. They definitely are perfect for any New Orleans-type area. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wow, I have been remiss in not checking this thread! I am so flattered that y'all took time to comment! :mrgreen:

AHENRICHs, what a nice thing to say! I am honored! :-)

yanti, thank you so much for going back to my studio just to rec the lot I forgot to link! You are a treasure! And I so adore your builds!

GreenCats, you know I'm huggin' you back! And your creations are totally awesome. Thank you!

Taryn thank you for commenting, I appreciate it so much. You are a fantastic creator in your own right; so nice of you to support others!

Thank you, smashbridges, for your comments and your rec's!

And niac you know I love your creations so for you to say they are perfect for a NO area means a lot! Thank you!

Thanks again to everyone, you are all awesome. :D

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    Really love these builds, always wanted to visit New Orleans :) great work!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Me too, Oilbasedoleander! Maybe someday. :wink:

Thank you for the feedback. :-)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I ended up "remodeling" the Garden District house - so this is version 2. It always bugged me that the porch railings weren't evenly spaced out so I finally worked on that. :P

It's been play-tested and contains Store content but no 3rd party CC. I made it one tile wider than the original version and rearranged the layout; this version also contains the Teppanyaki Grill and the Pizza Oven from Monte vista. You can download it from my Studio here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6997991

NOLAItalianateVictorian_zps113cb127.jpg

NOLANewExteriorBack_zps9343f70d.jpg

NOLAPatio_zpsb1c63c92.jpg

The rooms on the right side of the house were not changed. Below is an overview shot of the main floor showing the layout and arrangement of furnishings on the left side after the changes I made.

NOLANewOverviewDownstairs_zpsa5865c76.jpg

And here's a partial overview of the upstairs. Once again the right side wasn't changed.

NOLANewOverviewUpstairs_zpse7ad130b.jpg

And finally, here is a screenshot of the exterior showing holiday lights. :mrgreen:

NOLAHolidayLts1_zps3662f165.jpg

Happy simming. :-)

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your version 2 looks great ! :) Nice layour and furnishing of the home. Very nice architectural design. Lovely outdoors areas and flower work. A very nice home!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Lovely Italianate! :D I am loving the colour combo you have chosen for the exterior. Love the cornices. That outside dining and lounge area looks charming. Great job HappySimmer. Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    MichaelJFan77MichaelJFan77 Posts: 37
    edited July 2014
    These houses look really awesome! I'm from Harahan, which is pretty close to New Orleans, and I think it's really wonderful to see so many creations inspired by New Orleans! I love it! ^^