Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

patch 1.47

has anyone updated to the new patch yet?

Comments

• Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2013
    I cannot. My launcher doesn't find any new updates. :(
  • Options
    antman101antman101 Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2013
    yenial wrote:
    I cannot. My launcher doesn't find any new updates. :(

My launcher doesnt even work.
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2013
    My patch starts the downloading process, then gives me a "download error" message and just...stops. Thankfully it doesn't
    affect my game or launcher (since it's only downloading, not applying).

EDIT: Well, it looks like after my third attempt, it patched fully.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    900woh.png
  • Options
    ShoeQueen1ShoeQueen1 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I tried to download, but got a message saying that "the patch cannot be applied to this version of the game". I have version 1.42130.19001
  • Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited January 2013
    On my 'video editing mac' I found my installation of TS3 and updated... Its so slow and the launcher isn't even working properly.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2013
    It asked me if I wanted to install the new patch but I said no. I don't dare install a patch on my mac unless I've heard only good things about it.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ashjack20ashjack20 Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2013
    Based on what the patch was actually fixing, I don't plan on installing it. My game isn't having any of those issues, so I shall just leave it be.
  • Options
    SimGuruSteveSimGuruSteve Posts: 125 SimGuru
    edited January 2013
    Hi all! I'm the engineer in charge of releasing the Mac patches (and to a lesser extent, the PC patches) into the wild.

I've been tracking down the patch download issue ever since "yenial" first posted this Mac problem at 8am PST. I'm literally on the phone with the company that hosts our Mac patch files. It sounds like there's a bad server somewhere in Las Vegas.

So their team is now working on the issue - hopefully the Mac patches will be back online shortly. This didn't really affect PC AFAIK.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi all! I'm the engineer in charge of releasing the Mac patches (and to a lesser extent, the PC patches) into the wild.

I've been tracking down the patch download issue ever since "yenial" first posted this Mac problem at 8am PST. I'm literally on the phone with the company that hosts our Mac patch files. It sounds like there's a bad server somewhere in Las Vegas.

So their team is now working on the issue - hopefully the Mac patches will be back online shortly. This didn't really affect PC AFAIK.

Sooooo how about fixing other problems Macbook players are having :(
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Sooooo how about fixing other problems Macbook players are having :(

:shock: I was worried I'd get that question. I mostly deal with patch deployment (among other things like disc packaging) not patch content. :-(
  • Options
    rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited January 2013

SimGuru Steve,
    How can you have the audacity to even post on this forum if you are in any way responsible for the TOTAL NOTHINGNESS of this 1.47 patch. It does absolutely ZERO about ANY of the issues that mac players are experiencing. Have you read ANY of the posts here?

Base game updates:
    Fixed an issue where Sims could not get married.
    Fixed an issue where Sims could not use the telescope.
    Fixed an issue where Sims could not collect space rocks.

Create a world updates:
    Fixed an issue with saving worlds in Create A World.
    Worlds will now install and appear on the main menu properly when downloaded. Worlds do not need to be resaved for this to apply. Any worlds that were affected by this issue can be reinstalled via the launcher and will appear in the main menu.

Store updates:
    Fixed an issue where several Store sets were not appearing in the appropriate room category in Buy Mode.

Do you really think that ANY of us care about these stupid inconsequential fixes when most of us have insurmountable
    problems?

Things the 1.47 patch DOES NOT ADDRESS;

The patch does not do anything to help with ANY of the issues that Seasons and the 1.42 patch brought with them.
    It does not fix the crashing
    it doe not fix The Cas issues
    It does not fix the 'Exception raised' issue
    It does not fix 'Error 12'
    It won't help if you are unable to open the game
    It won't help if you are unable to make any Sims or animals
    It won't help with the awful graphic issues in Seasons
    It won't help if you have blacked/greyed/ whited sims
    It won't help if your cc is mysteriously disappearing
    It won't help if you are unable to save your game.

Could you PLEASE tell us when these issues will be solved, addressed, thought about, acknowledged?
    Thanks
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2013
    Since patch 1.42 I refuse to update my game at all. My game is OK right now I don't want anything ruining it.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    ilikeskittlesilikeskittles Posts: 966
    edited January 2013
    SimGuruSteve -

I understand you're not responsible for what the patch fixes or in Mac users case <i>doesn't</i> fix. But please can you get someone who IS in charge of this stuff to tell us when the hell they'll get around to it?! It's seriously ridiculous to bring out a patch that solves petty problems while Mac users are unable to play their game: it's literally a slap in the face to us.

Since I got Seasons at Christmas I have only been able to play 2 Sims days worth of game, and that took me at least 10 launches of the game. I have now given up.

And at the announcement of the other EP's that will be released, University which is VERY soon (one I've always been excited for), I'm just really angry and disappointed. EA should fix the issues with the previous EP's before they make new ones. I, for one, will NOT be buying University unless this is fixed first. And in all honesty, even if by some miracle it is fixed before the release of the next EP, I simply don't have the courage to buy it straight away. I've had too many disappointments with EP's that have just been released and are supposedly <i>fit for game play</i>. I'd love to know how much they pay their testers because honestly they don't really do the job do they?

Anyways, after that long needed rant, PLEASE GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE PATCHES TO TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON. Either to tell us it will be fixed <insert date>, or be honest and tell us you have no intentions of fixing it.
  • Options
    CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2013
    rosidbon wrote:

SimGuru Steve,
    How can you have the audacity to even post on this forum if you are in any way responsible for the TOTAL NOTHINGNESS of this 1.47 patch. It does absolutely ZERO about ANY of the issues that mac players are experiencing. Have you read ANY of the posts here?

Base game updates:

Create a world updates:
    Worlds will now install and appear on the main menu properly when downloaded. Worlds do not need to be resaved for this to apply. Any worlds that were affected by this issue can be reinstalled via the launcher and will appear in the main menu.

Store updates:
    Fixed an issue where several Store sets were not appearing in the appropriate room category in Buy Mode.

Do you really think that ANY of us care about these stupid inconsequential fixes when most of us have insurmountable
    problems?

The patch does not do anything to help with ANY of the issues that Seasons and the 1.42 patch brought with them.

Could you PLEASE tell us when these issues will be solved, addressed, thought about, acknowledged?
    Thanks

Perhaps I would've have said it a bit nicer, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Not that there's anything wrong with the way you said it. It's true... I was watching their broadcast hoping that they would address the Error Code 12 or the crashing issues being investigated. I also caught that when they were playing University and 70's, 80's, and 90's SP, they were playing it with ONLY the base game. Perhaps they've had the same issues? I just want my game fixed is all. I feel like I'm decked in the mouth, because when the expansion pack that I've been longing for comes out, then my computer can no longer play Sims 3/ or save at least?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rosidbon wrote:
    SimGuru Steve,
    How can you have the audacity to even post on this forum if you are in any way responsible for the TOTAL NOTHINGNESS of this 1.47 patch.
    I understand you're not responsible for what the patch fixes or in Mac users case <i>doesn't</i> fix. But please can you get someone who IS in charge of this stuff to tell us when the hell they'll get around to it?! It's seriously ridiculous to bring out a patch that solves petty problems while Mac users are unable to play their game: it's literally a slap in the face to us.

Yes, this is very light patch - there's no denying that and I absolutely am sorry that it doesn't fix game-breaking problems. 1.47 is a basegame patch that coordinates with the "The Sims 3: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff" pack that is releasing on the 22nd (I think?). Previously we would deploy the patch at the same time as a release, but we've seen some significant benefits with releasing it early if it's already been approved by the various gates that large companies often have to go through to get a product to the public.

The bugs that this patch fixed were bugs the team was able to clean up before SP08 (70s, 80s & 90s) was shipped off to manufacturing. Obviously by my message count I don't pop my head into forums very often - but contrary to popular belief we do in fact have people that scan forums for bugs. Then, for Mac in particular there are extra layers of difficulties that we go through that you guys probably don't want to hear me write about. Our QA is very dedicated and I really do <3 them - for all the bugs that get through, you should see the amounts of bugs we fix.

I've been on the other side of this post before - and I know this sounds like the usual spiel. The best thing I can say is that if there's a consistent reproducible bug, we are probably tracking it. My main source of information isn't at his desk so I can't address specific issues.

Ultimately we're very proud of our game and we want you to see the effort we put into it. We want to fix issues because we really do want users to be able to play our game.

EDIT: Accidentally a word.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2013
    sorry im sure many want to respond to SimGuruSteve words...but is it possible to also share if people are able to patch yet?

im not sure if the problem has been fixed or not, thanks!
  • Options
    joolieajooliea Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, SimGuruSteve. You handled being under fire rather gracefully. It's appreciated, as is the update on what's going on with the 1.47 patch for Mac users.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, SimGuruSteve. I'm not trying to be condescending with this question, but I'm genuinely wondering, if there are always people scanning the forums for bugs, then why do we Mac users almost never get a patch? I understand fixing a game is hard work, but it would be nice if we were at least told that EA was working on the problem. So far all we've gotten is "Have you tried this?" when the least we're asking for is to know if EA is aware of and fixing the many problems we're having since Seasons/1.42.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    irasnzirasnz Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi SimGuruSteve,

I'd also like to say thank you and for your messages. At least we know EA is working on the problem...

I'd also like, though, to point out that I personally spent $200NZ / $160US on the latest Sims 3 EPs, which is a lot more expensive than in the US or other countries, and I am disappointed it no longer works well on my iMac after I've installed Seasons. It is really frustrating to hear EA are launching the 70s/80s/90s pack and University for Sims 3 (which I'd love to get), plus the new Sim City, but I'm not willing to shell out another $140NZ / $112US (?) for these Sims 3 packs if the ones I have don't work.

Hopefully you or someone else from EA take this to TPTB, and TPTB could get back to those users having these problems with some sort of assurances, it would be appreciated.

Scott
    Christchurch, New Zealand
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    CrownedGD wrote:
    rosidbon wrote:

SimGuru Steve,

Base game updates:

Create a world updates:

Store updates:

problems?

Thanks

Perhaps I would've have said it a bit nicer, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Not that there's anything wrong with the way you said it. It's true... I was watching their broadcast hoping that they would address the Error Code 12 or the crashing issues being investigated. I also caught that when they were playing University and 70's, 80's, and 90's SP, they were playing it with ONLY the base game. Perhaps they've had the same issues? I just want my game fixed is all. I feel like I'm decked in the mouth, because when the expansion pack that I've been longing for comes out, then my computer can no longer play Sims 3/ or save at least?

No it's not about that. They always do that when they do live broadcasts.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi SimGuruSteve,

First of all, thank you for your responses. (I'm glad that I opened this topic in the forum:D)
    I know I will be repeating some things from other people but I want to ask some questions to you.
      Why Mac players never get 'useful' patches?
    Why are we the ones who are always in the background when the topic is fixing the game and being able to play the game properly?
      I know you are having hard time to fix the game for Mac users and you really try your best, and I really appreciate it, but WHEN...WHEN will we recieve a patch that resolves our problems that started 2 MONTHS AGO?!?!?! I'll be honest with you. I have been playing The Sims for 10 YEARS now (and I am 16) and among the series, The Sims 3 has been a failure about gameplay for Mac users. We used to wait 1-2 months more than PC users for the game to be translated for Macs, but at least it was worth waiting. I have spent 840 Turkish Liras / 472 USD for the WHOLE The Sims 3 franchise (which is enough to buy money for poor people for at least 2 months). When I look at the money that I spent, I can easily say, I have expected a lot better from Electronic Arts. (SimGuruSteve) I know it is not your responsibility to answer the questions I (and all of us) have, so can you please find SOMEONE who's job is to answer our questions? Yenial
  • Options
    PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited January 2013
    My issue is that I tried to download the latest patch... it came up with "Download Complete" and then it still told me I needed to update.
    Also, during the process, I lost all of my custom content and the ability to change my female adult sims' hair.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    By the way, SimGuruSteve, I have one more question.

I know there are some problems with the servers in Vegas, but if some of us cannot download the patch, why don't you release the cumulative patch in the forum so that we can update our games manually?

Yenial
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited January 2013

I'm very confused and baffled about the problems I've been facing with this 1.42 patch. I have never experienced this ever in all of the Sims franchise. I understand you're trying, but where is this patch? Will it ever come? I mean I would really like to know. I mean CAS doesn't even work for more than 5 minutes. Mac users have been having issues with the Sims 3 ever since its launch, and there has never been a real patch that helps us out. Instead he have to rely on mods, to help us, which shouldn't be the case. I would really appreciate a response to this very easy question. Is there a patch coming for Mac users, if so when?

An answer for that would be great. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ok, I'm going to make two posts. Business first. This pertains to acquiring the patch - not the content, but I want to get users their 1.47 patch:
    My issue is that I tried to download the latest patch... it came up with "Download Complete" and then it still told me I needed to update.
    yenial wrote:
    if some of us cannot download the patch, why don't you release the cumulative patch in the forum so that we can update our games manually?

1.47 Mac patches should be available across the board. If you don't have a patch available (or it doesn't apply correctly) let me know. This is the specific reason why I approached our team to get a SimGuru account to ask for and respond with info directly to you guys in the forums.

So there's two options:
    #1: Here's the cumulative patch:
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-8625-1.47.6.020001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-8625-1.47.6.020002.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-8625-1.47.6.020003.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-8625-1.47.6.020005.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-8625-1.47.6.020017.tgz
    I just sent an email off earlier today with those URLs so this page will likely get updated in the next 24 hours.

#2: Help me figure out why you don't see the patch.
    If you don't see a patch, I want to know why. Yes you can get the cumulative patch, but you shouldn't have to do that manually. Those workarounds are solutions to problems I don't even know about - so I can't fix it and the problem won't go away. Unfortunately it gets a little technical as I need to know what basegame version you are on.

If you are not prompted with a 1.47 patch I'd like to know:
      Location in the world
      If you can see a patch and what version is listed at the top (prompted during launcher boot or available in the update window)
      If you can see 1.47 patch notes in the launcher.
      Finally, the technical and post important part - what version of basegame are you on?
    Basegame version can be determined through the info.plist file:
    Right click the basegame
    Choose "Show Package Contents"
    Open Contents/Info.plist (ie: expand Contents and open Info.plist)
    Search for ClientBuild, I want the line after that. Example: my test machine shows "<string>1.36.45.017001</string>"

If you don't feel comfortable digging into your sims 3 package file, please don't! However, if you do then the info above would be appreciated.

Questions about acquiring the patch or determining basegame version? Reply or message me. And then I'll figure out how to message back ;-)