Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Valentine's Day Gift Exchange! [Delivery Day!!![74] UPDATE PAGE 143!!

Comments

• Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited March 2013

Yes, I would but this has to be quick because it is 10:50 PM here (I'm from Greece! :mrgreen: ) and I have to be up on 7 tomorrow. :)

It just really depends on how quickly your game runs as deleting files won't take more than a minute :wink:
    (You can press "ctrl" + "a" to highlight all the files and then press "ctrl" to unclick one, or to highlight multiple)

But of course it's fine to want to wait until tomorrow if you're tired - I just would take down the new upload link as you state it's cc free :D
  • Options
    CaselNobotTivaCaselNobotTiva Posts: 137 Member
    edited March 2013
    It just really depends on how quickly your game runs as deleting files won't take more than a minute :wink:
    (You can press "ctrl" + "a" to highlight all the files and then press "ctrl" to unclick one, or to highlight multiple)

But of course it's fine to want to wait until tomorrow if you're tired - I just would take down the new upload link as you state it's cc free :D

Just deleted those files. Gonna take down the upload and open the game to upload the new one again. Could u check it for a last time to see what happened, once it is uploaded?
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's a list of the CC items that are still showing up in your lot. Hope this helps.

UpdatedGreenlot-Custard_zps002539f6.png
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just deleted those files. Gonna take down the upload and open the game to upload the new one again. Could u check it for a last time to see what happened, once it is uploaded?

Of course, I'll let you know what's left in there once you reupload ^-^

If there is still CC in there, I shall find a useful link of how to spot corrupt CC in your launcher :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I can run it through Custard again for you. I'm on Eastern time, so it's only 4:00 here.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I would but this has to be quick because it is 10:50 PM here (I'm from Greece! :mrgreen: ) and I have to be up on 7 tomorrow. :)
    Oops! Sorry. I got my quotes mixed up. I thought it was InvisibleLyndz who said she was from Greece.
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh I thank you both!!! I honestly don't know who to choose!! :)

Just uploaded it here:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7062693
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Well, straight away I can tell the file is much smaller!

Oooooh! So CLOSE! All of it is gone except one! How frustrating :lol:

It saids:

(tyaef) CAS part (accessory)

any ideas what that could be??
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Oooooh! So CLOSE! All of it is gone except one! How frustrating

It saids:

Nope, I've got no idea. Gonna check again if I missed sth. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Oooooh! So CLOSE! All of it is gone except one! How frustrating :lol:

It saids:

CaselNobotTiva, in case you didn't know, tyaef = teen, young adult, adult or elder female. That doesn't narrow it down a lot, since most accessories are for females.

I keep getting errors when I try downloading the file. When I look at the "save file" version, I can't get the details like I did before. Sorry.
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It might be worth having a look in your launcher too for any cc that has a green border around it and claims to be a store item ^-^

Or any that has body shapes in, as they can really mess up your game!

I hope you manage to get it sorted, CaselNobotTiva, I'm sure it's a lovely lot! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MilenchicaMilenchica Posts: 6,059 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know how I didn't see this earlier. Greens ad their house look great Casel! :mrgreen: Thank you for doing this for me!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It might be worth having a look in your launcher too for any cc that has a green border around it and claims to be a store item ^-^

Or any that has body shapes in, as they can really mess up your game!

I hope you manage to get it sorted, CaselNobotTiva, I'm sure it's a lovely lot! :mrgreen:
    Yes, and some CC items can be stuck to a sim. Those may not show up in the launcher. The only way to remove that type of CC is to remove the sim it came with.
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank u, guys, you're adorable!!! :D I think so, the heart-shaped pool is my fav!! :)
    You're welcome, Milenchica!

Good news!!! I found it!!

It was a nail accessorie on-guess what- Alex's outerwear which I didn't even pay a sec attention to cause Milenchica doesn't have seasons EP and it wouldn't amtter what her outerwear would look like. :)

Gonna upload the lot for a last time!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013

Maybe this will help...When you download cc, there's two ways it can come.
    1) Sims3pack
    2) Package files.

If you download a Sims3pack, it will install itself in your Downloads folder, and give itself the Store "Shoping bag" icon. This is the same location that all items downloaded from the Exchange will go. This is also the location where items purchased from the Sims3Store will go, once you download them.

If you download a package file, you have to have a framework system from ModTheSims, which will set up a cc "mods" folder for you. Any item downloaded as a package will be installed in this Mods folder.

This is the best way to use cc, as you can simply remove that Mods folder to remove the cc from your game when you need to, and replace it when you want.

From the amount of cc you are showing, if you want to remove it, I'd suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall, and NOT using the existing Downloads forlder, but letting the game generate a new one, then reinstalling items from the Store that you have purchased.

The Sims3packs of cc are hiding in your Downloads folder, disguised as Store Content because they share a location. That's why the filters aren't working for you.

The files Lyndz had you remove are just one step. As long as those files are still hiding in your Downloads folder, they're going to keep showing up.

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Download link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7062798

Thanks, Jillyson!! :)

Gonna go now, my eyes are complaining
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I can't seem to download your newest upload so I shall let someone else do it if it works for them :mrgreen:

(Well, not "let" as it's not up to me... you know what I mean :lol: )

I'm going to bed now too so I shall wish you luck in sorting it! ^-^
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Download link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7062798

Thanks, Jillyson!! :)

Gonna go now, my eyes are complaining
    Soooo close! You've gotten rid of a ton of CC. It looks like there's still a straggler, though. Have a good night.

LatestGreenlot_zpsae3db845.png
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you, guys! You're really helpful! :D
    I just came home from school. I am gonna delete as much cc as possible through the launcher and re-check the Greens. Even the guys and little Lizzie. Gonna delete the sims with CC too and try again. It would be a real pity for Milenchica not to take her gift cause of a stupid acessorie.

Does any CC which isn't harmful exist? Is there any good CC or sth?

By the way, I think I should take a walk to a friend's house at the weekend to clean her cache files. She's the one who told me to download things through the exchange. She doesn't speak English really well, so she doesn't now about the CC dangers and all cause she doesn't visit forums etc. She honestly has downloaded everything and her game delays to run like a whole hour. She thinks this happens cause they are really much not cause they're harmful.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    Good morning to everyone! Afternoon to you CaselNoboTiva!

So very glad to see this is working out you guys! Awesome! Thank you Lily, InvisibleLyndz & Jilly for helping Case! Case I am so glad that you are trying too remove the CC! Thank You!

I had my first issue with CC during a contest and was told to do a search in your Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 folder,,,the first number on Lily's report, put that in the search area in the upper right hand corner of the page. When it finds that file remove it,,,either delete it or move to your desktop to put back.

I am sorry if I was hard on you Case but that counter gave me some major issue and is very hard to get rid of once it gets into your game. Not all CC is harmful but it is very hard to tell unless you know the person making it.

The way I finally removed all of my CC and cleaned my game is by doing crinricts game reset found here:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html
    Jilly already gave you her CC removal link also.

I am so glad this all worked out! I hope you join other gift Exchanges we will have in the future! We have so much fun and it would be a shame for this one to end on a sour note!

Wishing everyone a fun filled Fantastic day!
    Really Big Squishy Hugs, Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So I am officially in the pleasant position to say that I uninstalled everything I downloaded through the site, except Riverview and Fleshjenn's awesome gift!! :D
    So here's the newest upload and I am 99,9 sure it is clean because I've checked the Greens on CAS again and there's no acessorie in the CC or SC . :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7064481

I would appreciate it if Lilly or Lyndz could check it once more to be 100% sure there's no CC on it and Milenchica can enjoy it soon. :)

Good Morning, Terrylin! Don't worry, it's okay and I apologize too if I ware harsh to you. :) I understand why you make so much deal out of it. It must have been frustrating not to participate in a contest cause of the arrezero counter.

Have a nie day, everyone!!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So I am officially in the pleasant position to say that I uninstalled everything I downloaded through the site, except Riverview and Fleshjenn's awesome gift!! :D
    So here's the newest upload and I am 99,9 sure it is clean because I've checked the Greens on CAS again and there's no acessorie in the CC or SC . :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7064481

I would appreciate it if Lilly or Lyndz could check it once more to be 100% sure there's no CC on it and Milenchica can enjoy it soon. :)

Good Morning, Terrylin! Don't worry, it's okay and I apologize too if I ware harsh to you. :) I understand why you make so much deal out of it. It must have been frustrating not to participate in a contest cause of the arrezero counter.

Have a nie day, everyone!!
    Good morning (afternoon to you). I'll take a look at your file again. I have to start up my old laptop to access Custard. Be back in a few minutes.
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Woot! I am thrilled to report that your lot is now CC-FREE!!! This is what a clean upload looks like in Custard. Milenchica (and other simmers) can now download your lot worry-free. I know it was a lot of hard work, but I hope you're happy with the result. :D

cc-freeGreenlot_zps2e7ed25c.png
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LilyParker wrote:
    Woot! I am thrilled to report that your lot is now CC-FREE!!! This is what a clean upload looks like in Custard. Milenchica (and other simmers) can now download your lot worry-free. I know it was a lot of hard work, but I hope you're happy with the result. :D

cc-freeGreenlot_zps2e7ed25c.png

YEY!!! :mrgreen: Thank you, Lilly!!! :D I am so happy!!

Enjoy Greens and their lot, guys!! :D