Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hope Springs, a world dedicated in memory of Hillcrest1414

Meadow9259Meadow9259 Posts: 91 New Member
HopeSprings-CoverSample.png

I designed this world around my friend Wendy's lots and it is dedicated to her. Wendy passed away a year ago today after having been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer several months before. She was known among the Simming community as Hillcrest1414 from the site Sims 3 Real Estate.

Description:

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here.

World Amenities:

141 Residential Lots
34 Community Lots

Large map, 2048x2048

All base game rabbit holes, one large park, three small parks, two fishing holes, a beach, a beach arcade hangout, a chapel, a salon, a fire station, an equestrian center, a community stable, and a consignment shop/laundromat/tattoo parlor have been zoned into the world. Four of these lots were created by Wendy, the rest will be created by me.

In addition, I am eventually planning to make Seasons variants of some of the community lots, which will include a Festival Grounds lot.

All base game collectibles spawners are included. Most of the later EP collectibles share these same spawners, so you should also see those items spawning. No World Adventures collectibles spawners have been included, since I feel these should be in the vacation worlds only in most cases.

Game Requirements:

EPs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
SPs: High End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Town Life
Game Version: 1.26 or higher

System Requirements:

Please note that this world, with all of Wendy's lots installed, will require a high end system. If your system doesn't have sufficient RAM you will experience problems with saving your game and with random crashes. I'm currently estimating that 8+ GB of RAM will be needed for the fully occupied version of the world. If your system is slower, has a lower end video card, or doesn't have enough RAM you should still be able to play the world if you install less of Wendy's lots.

Notes:

The world file is empty. No completed lots are included because CaW/EiG can't handle saving so many highly detailed lots into a world. I plan to eventually release a Save Game file which will have all of the lots for the world included. It will still be some time before this file is available, however.

Download Links:

The world:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6719548

Wendy's lots:

http://www.flyingacres.com/NS/index.php?board=114.0

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Please note that the following pictures were all taken either just before the beta release or during it. As such, there may be some small differences in the final world compared to them.

Empty world:

HopeSprings_P12a.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12b.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12c.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12d.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12e.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12f.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12g.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12h.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12i.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12j.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12k.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12l.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12m.jpg
    HopeSprings_P12n.jpg

World with Wendy's lots placed:

HopeSprings_P13a.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13b.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13c.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13d.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13e.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13f.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13g.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13h.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13i.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13j.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13k.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13l.jpg
    HopeSprings_P13m.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2012
    This is beautiful! And very sweet of you.Is there any way I can join that site?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2012
    That is very lovely of you to create a world dedicated to your friend, with her lots in it. What a very special tribute and dedication to her. :)
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited December 2012
    Gorgeous lots and great job on the world :thumbup:
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2012
    What a beautiful, fitting tribute to a truly beautiful simmer. Wendy was very dear to me as she encouraged me when I first started building. I admired her work so much and looked up to her and she was so kind and helpful to me. I was heartbroken when she died and the community lost a kind, talented simmer.

How great to see so many of her lovely houses in one gorgeous setting. Well done.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    All of these save game files require all EPs and SPs up to and including Pets and game version 1.26 or higher, unless otherwise stated.

You must download and install the Hope Springs world package file separately before you can use any of these saves. All save games have currently been created using Hope Springs v1.00 Empty as their base worlds.

The contents of these files should be unzipped within a folder within this directory (for users of Vista or Windows 7) C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\ or the appropriate equivalent directory for Windows XP or other OS.

Hope Springs Save Game vFLW0.01 (Temporary) - World with all of Wendy's lots
    Hope Springs Save Game vRTP0.01 (Temporary) - Basic ready to play world with 43 of Wendy's homes, her 4 community lots, and basic community lots
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2013
    What an amazing idea, and so wonderfully done. The world looks stunning and it is a perfect setting for so many of Wendy's lots.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram