Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Psychiatric Advice

Lol...never thought I'd make that a thread title here, lol. ;-)

Anyway..... I haven't seen anyone post about it, but are there specific questions a Sim asks about, or it's more of kind of a general asking? Does anything happen as a result of advice given?

First thread in a LOOONG time...I hope I didn't foul this up!

Comments

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited December 2012
    That's funny! For some reason, I expected this thread to be a bit sarcastic and I imagined someone wasn't very nice and said "you should get psychiatric help" or a really upset customer was going to rant about how they must need help because they keep spending outrageous amounts of money on products they know wont work right... Whatever, I just thought it would be a sarcastic type of post :wink: (Of course I clicked it thinking that, cuz I thought it might make me chuckle.)

Anyways, I just found out about the new psychiatric advice option on the juice stand. I bet it will be funny like the advice butlers give :lol: Although it is entirely possible that EA put the average amount of effort and time into this feature and it could be disappointing and even full of spelling mistakes and blank messages.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited December 2012
    I can't answer your question, but am I the only one who thinks that is totally bizarre? And random!

Psychiatric advice from a child on a lemonade stand...
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2012
    It's a Peanuts reference, so if you've watched it when you were younger, or read the little comics, it added a nice touch to it. :wink:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited December 2012
    I can't answer your question, but am I the only one who thinks that is totally bizarre? And random!

Psychiatric advice from a child on a lemonade stand...

Mmmm, I think this comes from the old "Peanuts" cartoons (Charlie Brown, Snoopy) where Lucy always had a lemonade stand set up and offered "advice" for your problems for the kids in town, as well as just selling lemonade, of course. :D
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, it have the Peanuts reference in the description too.

One of my friends just posted a memory of a child giving an adult advise. Now I want to try it out.

Peace out, going to play around in my niece's game.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ah! No, I never saw Peanuts. That explains why I was baffled :D
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited December 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    That's funny! For some reason, I expected this thread to be a bit sarcastic and I imagined someone wasn't very nice and said "you should get psychiatric help" or a really upset customer was going to rant about how they must need help because they keep spending outrageous amounts of money on products they know wont work right... Whatever, I just thought it would be a sarcastic type of post :wink: (Of course I clicked it thinking that, cuz I thought it might make me chuckle.)

Anyways, I just found out about the new psychiatric advice option on the juice stand. I bet it will be funny like the advice butlers give :lol: Although it is entirely possible that EA put the average amount of effort and time into this feature and it could be disappointing and even full of spelling mistakes and blank messages.

LOLOLOL enkeli63! Hahaha, I can just imagine what you or anyone else might have thought when they read the subject line. I almost half-expected someone to tell me I need psychiatric advice, but I shouldn't be askin' about that here, lol. Either way, it gave a few of us a good chuckle. Who doesn't need one of those at 4:06 in the morning, lol. ;-)
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited December 2012
    That will be 5 cents please. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What a let down! The "Psychiatric Advice" doesn't even give you a pop-up with some funny statements. All that happens is the sim sits down and chats with the child for a little while. The child wipes the juice stand some while chatting, and makes some cute facial expressions, but that's it. There's no real advice.

Here's my sim, Billy, getting psychiatric advice from his great-grandson.

Screenshot-830_zps00b84ed9.jpg

So, about my Sims addiction... I think I have 5 cents left... Is that enough for you to convince me not to purchase store stuff anymore?
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited December 2012

elanorbreton - this link is for you! Everyone should experience Peanuts :)

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited December 2012
    MSladyTSO wrote:

Thanks so much! I think I'm gonna share this with some Sim Friends. :wink:
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012

And feeling old in 3...2....1... :mrgreen:

Lucy would always give Charlie Brown advice for 5 cents lol. Or on Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin tried to sell advice (or a swift kick in the pants) and would complain that no one was buying what they "obviously" needed. So thinking it's a play on both comics and I love that they put this in. Thanks sims Store for putting this in :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You brought happy smiles to my face..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It is cute! I was just being sarcastic in my last post because this thread is totally lacking sarcasm :wink: Although I do wish the psychiatric advice feature did include pop-ups with funny messages in it.
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited December 2012
    enkeli63, I love the kid's expression! Is that hair from the Store or an EP?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Richi3f wrote:
    enkeli63, I love the kid's expression! Is that hair from the Store or an EP?

I think it came with Seasons--it was in the top row of options for boys' hair, so it can't be from the store.
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited December 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    It is cute! I was just being sarcastic in my last post because this thread is totally lacking sarcasm :wink: Although I do wish the psychiatric advice feature did include pop-ups with funny messages in it.

While it doesn't feature funny messages, it does include a new "Feeling Good About Me" moodlet that gives a substantial bump to your Sims mood. :)
  • Options
    dreambluangeldreambluangel Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am so glad some others had posted cause I was completely confused about what advice you were talking about!! What a great new interaction! I love the idea of the kid wiping down the stand like a bartender would haha!! That came with the new venue right? I am contemplating getting it but at the moment saving sp's for tomorrows flash mob, my SS and any possible christmas sales...and of course the occasional throwing of gifts!!! Also on a side note I loved the peanuts comic strip and movies as well as calvin and hobbes!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:

While it doesn't feature funny messages, it does include a new "Feeling Good About Me" moodlet that gives a substantial bump to your Sims mood. :)

Yeah, and it boosted the relationship between the child advisor and the customer too. I think it was really cute!
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I am so glad some others had posted cause I was completely confused about what advice you were talking about!! What a great new interaction! I love the idea of the kid wiping down the stand like a bartender would haha!! That came with the new venue right? I am contemplating getting it but at the moment saving sp's for tomorrows flash mob, my SS and any possible christmas sales...and of course the occasional throwing of gifts!!! Also on a side note I loved the peanuts comic strip and movies as well as calvin and hobbes!!!

Yeah, it came with the new venue. My screenshot is from a mini farmer's market I built for Moonlight Falls though. It's in my studio if anyone's interested :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited December 2012
    LOL the title of your thread had me expecting to find you were seeking advice from fellow simmers to beat your Sims addiction lol.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited December 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    That's funny! For some reason, I expected this thread to be a bit sarcastic and I imagined someone wasn't very nice and said "you should get psychiatric help" or really upset customer was going to rant about how they must need help because they keep spending outrageous amounts of money on products they know wont work right... Whatever, I just thought it would be a sarcastic type of post :wink: (Of course I clicked it thinking that, cuz I thought it might make me chuckle.)

:lol: Thanks for your excellent reply :)
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh the irony of PsychoChick asking about psychiatric advice.... :lol: Thanks for the chuckle!
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited December 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    It's a Peanuts reference, so if you've watched it when you were younger, or read the little comics, it added a nice touch to it. :wink:

OMG that makes total sense now. I could't figure out WHAT the heck EA was thinking with that random seemingly non related action.

peanuts.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited December 2012
    abbyshire wrote:
    Oh the irony of PsychoChick asking about psychiatric advice.... :lol: Thanks for the chuckle!

I know, right?! Lol...I was thinkin' that when I posted. Lol....

A friend gifted the venue to me, and I got a chance to play with it last night, and I thought this was just the cutest thing too. I watched Peanuts shows and specials as a kid, so I think it has a lot more meaning to me (and the rest of you who watched).

On another note....I just want to add, that I LOVE the venue. Seeing it in-game is even better. The new Bougainvillea bushes are BEAUTIFUL! The orange adds such a lovely pop of color to the venue...as do all of the flower accents. I am a sucker for anything with flowers, and I gotta say, this is just a gorgeous venue. :-D

THANK YOU, blewis..... I love this venue. Simply gorgeous!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited December 2012
    MSladyTSO wrote:

Thank you. I have always enjoyed Peanuts. Now I've had my first good laugh of the day.