Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• Options
    OrionAngel5OrionAngel5 Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi, great post.
    Do you know if there is a limit to the number of skills that a sim can have, because my sim, he's a grandfather by now,has 6 skills plus 1(collector), and he cannot learn a new one, gardening.
    Thanks
  • Options
    pikajohnpikajohn Posts: 2,580 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Aarin, there is this ghost that keeps reappearing on my lot; and there is no tomb stone at all, but it keeps getting in my fridge and it is very annoying...

How can I get ghosts to go away once and for all?
  • Options
    Ador997Ador997 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Dear Aarin:

Compedium or Compendium?

Either way, I read you all the time!

You're great and you can even kick poida's bottom (maybe it will be a more even fight this weekend now that he's a girl 8) )
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    pikajohn wrote:
    Aarin, there is this ghost that keeps reappearing on my lot; and there is no tomb stone at all, but it keeps getting in my fridge and it is very annoying...

How can I get ghosts to go away once and for all?

Sometimes ghosts travel across lots. If you are absolutely positive there is no tombstone/urn on your lot, you could try and find out where he is coming from. Once you figure it out, you could switch active households and put his tombstone in the mausoleum where he will never bother you again. Or you could try "moveobjects on" deleting him. Since he is not in your active household, nothing will be bugged from this.
  • Options
    xxmaddixxmaddi Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ooh, nice new thread! Bookmarking.

Just one thing though.. The logic skill is missing from your list of skills/classes for said skills. Logic classes can be taken at the Science Lab as well. (:

Thanks for your answers to my past questions! I don't know how you manage to answer every question, but you do a heck of a good job at it! Kudos.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ador997 wrote:
    Dear Aarin:

Compedium or Compendium?

Either way, I read you all the time!

You're great and you can even kick poida's bottom (maybe it will be a more even fight this weekend now that he's a girl 8) )

Dag yo, now I gotta redo the image. :cry: Thanks for pointing this out on 2nd page and not like, 90th page! I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    xxmaddi wrote:
    Ooh, nice new thread! Bookmarking.

Just one thing though.. The logic skill is missing from your list of skills/classes for said skills. Logic classes can be taken at the Science Lab as well. (:

Thanks for your answers to my past questions! I don't know how you manage to answer every question, but you do a heck of a good job at it! Kudos.

Yay! Good eye. :9 Adding.
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Woot arrin thread!!! Party up in here!!!

Also, do you have a link to a guide for sim-parties? I'd love to know what benifits they have (Like funeral and such)
  • Options
    MzThornMzThorn Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2009
    A number of people have encountered a glitch where an engaged couple cannot get married. As in, they're in great moods, they find each other irresistible, and the wedding options just won't show up, no matter how many romantic interactions are done. Do you know a work around for this glitch other than killing the relationship and starting over?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    rodier1128 wrote:

Also, do you have a link to a guide for sim-parties? I'd love to know what benifits they have (Like funeral and such)

There is no real difference between parties besides social interactions available (you can console, cry on shoulder, speak highly of the dead, etc at funerals). But I will write something up and shove it up in the post anyway.
  • Options
    jmz95jmz95 Posts: 131 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've got three questions for you right here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/62042.page#552224

Oh also, about food that is in your pockets. I know that if you keep cooked food in you pockets for too long, like hot dogs, salad, waffles, etc., it will eventually go bad. Does this apply to food harvested from gardening too? For example, will my outstanding grapes go down to excellent, very nice, nice, and so on until they are bad?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    rodier1128 wrote:

But I will write something up and shove it up in the post anyway.

Sounds painful o_____O
  • Options
    Chop119Chop119 Posts: 1,928 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have a question about downloading things with the launcher.

Is there any way to change the folder it goes to? i.e. my downloads are currently directed at my sims 3 disc/DVD drive but it has 0 bytes left. I know where I want all my downloads directed to but I don't quite know how to make it. Help? :[

• Options
    edited July 2009
    MzThorn wrote:
    A number of people have encountered a glitch where an engaged couple cannot get married. As in, they're in great moods, they find each other irresistible, and the wedding options just won't show up, no matter how many romantic interactions are done. Do you know a work around for this glitch other than killing the relationship and starting over?

I am going to assume both of these sims are well-adjusted and do not have any issues trait-wise with one another (no commitment issues, no clashing traits, etc). So all the stars are aligned, these two sims are engaged. Their relationship is maxed, they both find each other "very alluring" and no option to get married pops up under romantic interactions..

I want to confirm though, that you have tried to get married in the privacy of your own home. Yes/no? Wedding party, yes/no? I know these sound like obvious questions but I need to start checking things off so I have an adequate picture.
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009
    Do non-playable Ghost Sims eventually depart for the Netherworld?

Do hidden traits "add" to the five, or are all those townies I see with less than five traits just having hidden ones?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    MzThorn wrote:

I am going to assume both of these sims are well-adjusted and do not have any issues trait-wise with one another (no commitment issues, no clashing traits, etc). So all the stars are aligned, these two sims are engaged. Their relationship is maxed, they both find each other "very alluring" and no option to get married pops up under romantic interactions..

I want to confirm though, that you have tried to get married in the privacy of your own home. Yes/no? Wedding party, yes/no? I know these sound like obvious questions but I need to start checking things off so I have an adequate picture.

I can't talk for anyone else that has encountered this, but in my situation I stopped getting new options after proposing. I let them cool off for a few days, since it was late at night by then, and tried to get them to have a private wedding, but the option never showed up. Tried a wedding party the next day, same deal. They get to the point where they ignore everything else in favour of each other, but no wedding options. She's absent minded, bookworm, loves the outdoors, angler, and coward. He's a social worker, so only has the trait frugal.

I've had no problem getting other sims married, even ones with incompatible traits. I've seen a few other threads with the same problem reported.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jmz95 wrote:
    1. If I change the age setting (normal, short, long, epic) in one game, will it change the settings in the other files too?

2. If my brother uses the cheat to set his family's needs to static (all needs max all the time), will it affect my game file too?

3. About the Lifetime Wish, when do I have to choose it (can it be at child, teen, or have to be at young adult), and does it have to be random, like the traits and such?
    Note: I know nothing has to be random on the founder.

1) No and yes. It is not dynamic, but these settings are universal, so if you load up the other save, it will adjust.

2) Believe it or not, when I attempted to switch saves right now, the static needs did carry over. However, you will simply need to shift+click the mailbox to set them dynamic again. This is only an issue if you play your save immediately after he is done with his. All cheats and cheat settings will clear when you restart the game programme too.

3) When a sim ages from teenager to young adult, you will be forced to choose one. However, random LTW will appear in the wishes box to be selected throughout the childhood of that sim, be careful not to accidentally pick one prematurely.

Since, from your words, you seem concerned about this in regards to the legacy challenge: No, you do not need to make your LTW random for heirs or anyone in a legacy household. I believe pinstar was very specific that you could choose your ltw.
  • Options
    jamgirl11jamgirl11 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If my sim gets an oppurtunity to lock his liftime wish in and i dont like it so I delete it, will he/she ever get another one?
    thanks,
    jamgirl11
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Do non-playable Ghost Sims eventually depart for the Netherworld?

Do hidden traits "add" to the five, or are all those townies I see with less than five traits just having hidden ones?

1) No, not that I am aware of. However, they can do so if made playable, by clicking their tombstone in their inventory and selecting the option. Also, if they die of old age in that state as well.

2) Yes, hidden traits can count as the sixth trait if you have a child, as I believe some traits like pyro show themselves later in life, when you have probably already selected you last trait. (I'd actually appreciate if someone could confirm this, as I have had minimal hands-on with hidden traits and am basing this on what I've read on MATY and other places.) Service sims, for whatever reason, just seem to be lacking traits period. I do not know why.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jamgirl11 wrote:
    If my sim gets an oppurtunity to lock his liftime wish in and i dont like it so I delete it, will he/she ever get another one?
    thanks,
    jamgirl11

Yes. You will be forced to pick one when the sim ages into young adulthood.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Chop119 wrote:

Is there any way to change the folder it goes to? i.e. my downloads are currently directed at my sims 3 disc/DVD drive but it has 0 bytes left. I know where I want all my downloads directed to but I don't quite know how to make it. Help? :[

No, there is no way to change the pathing afaik. I had struggled with a similar question with another person had her TS3 installed on a partition that was not the same partition as the Documents folder. She could not install mods or downloads, if I recall correctly.

For clarification, the downloads ARE going into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads when you install them, right?
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    Okay, I have a question:
    Which career ends up making the most money per week?

Base salaries yanked from TSR:
    World Renowned Surgeon - 9600
    Master Thief - 9040
    International Super Spy - 7760
    Hit Movie Composer - 7220
    Astronaut - 7014
    Emperor of Evil - 6180
    Star News Anchor - 6128
    Mad Scientist - 5772
    Five-Star chef - 4200
    Power Broker - 2979

Take into account how each career works. You may make more as a surgeon because of call-ins. You may make more as a broker due to meetings. You may make more as a rockstar/composer/athlete due to autographs and whatnot. You may make more as an emperor of evil due to the stuff you bring back home with you. You should also take into account the days of the week each career works on. (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_Tracks#The_Sims_3) Etc etc etc.

Boy you dropped the ball on this one! No pun intended. The Sports legend is where you can make the most money, not only do you work four days a week, you also play two games a week and winning games you make up to 15K per game not to mention your normal salery.

P,S, this is why it's good to actually play the game than just posting what someone else posted.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    MzThorn wrote:
    I can't talk for anyone else that has encountered this, but in my situation I stopped getting new options after proposing. I let them cool off for a few days, since it was late at night by then, and tried to get them to have a private wedding, but the option never showed up. Tried a wedding party the next day, same deal. They get to the point where they ignore everything else in favour of each other, but no wedding options. She's absent minded, bookworm, loves the outdoors, angler, and coward. He's a social worker, so only has the trait frugal.

I've had no problem getting other sims married, even ones with incompatible traits. I've seen a few other threads with the same problem reported.

Just a crazy idea, and I'm not even sure if this is even remotely related or if it would help, have you tried resetsim (resetsim firstname lastname) on them? If something is impeding them (who knows?), it will reset them into a neutral state. At this point, I don't see how it could hurt.

I will continue to ponder this and do research.
  • Options
    Chop119Chop119 Posts: 1,928 Member
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Chop119 wrote:

No, there is no way to change the pathing afaik. I had struggled with a similar question with another person had her TS3 installed on a partition that was not the same partition as the Documents folder. She could not install mods or downloads, if I recall correctly.

For clarification, the downloads ARE going into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads when you install them, right?

Yes. I have looked inside and it does happen to have the things I've tried downloading however when I open the launcher the things are no longer inside the installed content and they are not blanked out in the downloads. I might as well also add the things that happen to be in the folder are not actually in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Just a crazy idea, and I'm not even sure if this is even remotely related or if it would help, have you tried resetsim (resetsim firstname lastname) on them? If something is impeding them (who knows?), it will reset them into a neutral state. At this point, I don't see how it could hurt.

I will continue to ponder this and do research.
    I'll give that a shot tonight and report back (at work atm). Would you suggest resetting just one, or resetting both of them?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top