Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uptown House Series Part 3: Homes 5 & 6

Uptown Home Series; Part 3 of 3

These are small family homes on 20x20 lots that were inspired by a simmer called Babolat. Babolat created a wonderful world called Georgia Falls and in it there were these cute little houses called "townhomes". You can check out the world here if interested: http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html (just FYI, it has not been updated since since it's creation in 2010).

I have been uploading these homes in pairs; this Part 3 of the series with homes #5 & #6.

You can see Part 1 with homes 1 & 2 in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/608506.page#9750675; and Part two with homes 3 & 4 in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/608782.page#9766113

All of the homes should be in the mid-range in terms of price - most cost around 30-some simoleans in my game, but these last two are the most expensive - they're around the low 40's. Since they're mid-priced, they are great as options for growing families that need something bigger than a starter but still can't afford those fancy 100,000+ simolean homes. All of the homes have unfurnished small, but expandable, basements for you to use as you wish.

All of the homes were play tested, and all were checked with Custard and have no CC. I did use some Store content, but anything that you don't have will be replaced with items that you do have.

Uptown Home #5, available here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6630034

Like Home #4, this home has the garage on the right side of the house. The colors are deep rusty reds and browns in the interior and exterior. On the main floor there is a one car garage with a washer and dryer. An open living/dining/kitchen area and a bathroom finish off the first floor.

The second floor has three bedrooms; a master suite, a nursery with one crib, and a kids' room with a bunk bed. There is also a second full bath on this floor as well as a Master bathroom.

Uptown5ExteriorFront.jpg

Uptown5LRDRKit.jpg

Uptown5Master.jpg

Uptown5KidsRm.jpg

Uptown5Nursery.jpg

Uptown House #6, available here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6630038

I would say that this is the last house of the series, except I may add more one of these days. Haha ;). This one uses brown, yellows, and blues. Main floor bath with open LR/DR/Kitchen and one car garage. It does not include a washer and dryer. Upstairs there is a Master suite, a kids' room, a nursery, and another full bath. Also includes one full bed, one bunkbed, and one crib.

I had a great time decorating this home; even had my photographer sim takes some pictures of the garden to decorate the walls. For some reason, Custard is labeling one as an object called "EP01/TreePalmCairoSmall". This is not CC, it's just a photograph - I would just remove it but I have no idea which one it is since none of them that I placed in the house have palm trees in them! (If anyone knows what is up with Custard and the photography system, please share!) If anyone is really phobic about it let me know and I'll upload a version without any of the photographs in it, but they look so nice I really didn't want to exclude them. :wink:

Uptown6ExteriorFront.jpg

Uptown6LRDRKit.jpg

Uptown6Bath2.jpg

Uptown6Master.jpg

Uptown6ChildRm.jpg

Uptown6Nursery.jpg

Thank you for checking out my thread. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yay! I was waiting for homes 5&6! Rec'd all of them!

I like the progression you have thought of with this series...the upgrades and the price points. That really is an element you would see in a new housing development. The most affordable, on up to the upgraded versions.

I think they would all make a splendid neighborhood if placed together..again, I really like your whole thought process behind this! Really great homes with a great idea.

Taryn
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2012
    Great to see numbers 5 and 6 in your series :) Each one of these houses in your series has their unique character and own touch, yet they would all fit so well together in the one neighbourhood. I like your variety of colours used , and changing designs whether there is a big or smaller differences between one house to another house. A very nice series of houses :)
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited November 2012
    Very Cute,Grabbed both and recommended them.
  • Options
    robotentityrobotentity Posts: 348 New Member
    edited November 2012
    House #5 is super darling. I love the exterior colours, and the front door makes me want to buy Supernatural just for that, lol. The new roof looks great - definitely gonna use it more after seeing this.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2012
    Very cute houses! I like both of them. Recommended both. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Very nice series! Love the bold color of the red one. Rec'd all
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and rec's! That is so nice of you to take the time to comment. :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!