Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3Launcher has stopped working

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
:?: :?

Does anyone know what to do??

* Origin ID: lacerose88 *
edited-image_1.png

Comments

• Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did Windows ever notify you of a solution? :wink:

Does this happen every time you open the launcher? What were you doing when it crashed?
  • Options
    mehbellemehbelle Posts: 189 Member
    edited July 2009
    no, everytime I click on sims3 it says windows is checking for a solution, then comes up with that message and that's it
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Does this happen every time you open the launcher? What were you doing when it crashed?

yes and no other programs were open
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mehbelle wrote:
    aarin wrote:

yes and no other programs were open

Have you tried bypassing the launcher entirely and simply launching the game from its exe file? (Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe) Obviously my suggestion doesn't solve the problem, but it's a start.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    thanks i'll give it a try

no it still doesn't work :cry:
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What happens when you try to run the game from the exe file? Does it tell you the same thing? Or does it simply not run?

Also, I suggest posting this over in the technical forums, along with your dxdiag.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it says same ok i will do thanks for your help
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Was it working the day before? Did you install anything between the last time it was working and when it stopped?

If I haven't installed anything recently I usually try system restore. It's the quickest way to get things back to where they were. If it still doesn't work or happens again then I go from there. Might not be the best way to do it but it's quick if it works. LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mountanddo wrote:
    Was it working the day before? Did you install anything between the last time it was working and when it stopped?

If I haven't installed anything recently I usually try system restore. It's the quickest way to get things back to where they were. If it still doesn't work or happens again then I go from there. Might not be the best way to do it but it's quick if it works. LOL

Yes was working fine yesterday, well everyday up to now. I've not installed anything either.
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no one is replying in the technical discussions so come back to this one

I tried opening the game that is in the program files and it says
    "unable to start game
    service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

:?: :?: :?:

tried searching web for answers but can't find anything there
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited July 2009
    try taking your cd out of the drive, then power down the computer. wait a few minutes to let it cool down. then, start the comp. up, and then put the disc back in. Then try to load it. Sometimes computers have little brain farts like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    try taking your cd out of the drive, then power down the computer. wait a few minutes to let it cool down. then, start the comp. up, and then put the disc back in. Then try to load it. Sometimes computers have little brain farts like that.

lol ok will try that thanks :)
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Disclaimer: Not sure if this will work at all, and I suggest backing up the originals broken or not before attempting, if it's even possible.

Browse the game DVD. See if there's files there to replace the broken files (that we're aware of)..meaning, see if there's a Sims3Launcher.exe and a TS3.exe file. If there is, you can try copying and pasting them to the folder. You should not have to "replace" anything, as the originals should be backed up(by changing their name, or placing in a diff location).
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ok, tried all suggestions but it's still not working. I'm just gonna have to re-install the game and see what happens. Thanks for your help
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    LadyIvoryLadyIvory Posts: 76 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi, Im having this same problem, I have windows vista. Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it, four times, shut down the computer, made a new user on the computer re-downloaded it there. Nothing works. Sims 3 was working fine two days ago, and Im so angry that it isnt working.

Your not the only one who has the problem, so dont worry. I just want the problem solved so I can fix my sims 3 as well.
  • Options
    Mimi_890Mimi_890 Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    This is happening to me to i dont know what to do i want to play sims 3!!!
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2010
    omg I am totally not shutting down my game! :shock:
  • Options
    DessaMarieDessaMarie Posts: 14
    edited July 2010
    I have this problem too. has anyone found a solution??
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited July 2010
    DessaMarie wrote:
    I have this problem too. has anyone found a solution??

Wow...this is an old post. Anyway, I fixed this problem by completly manually reinstalling my games(Uninstalling from add/remove programs and deleting all leftover files in Program Files) and not updating the game through the launcher until you have installed all the expansions that you want. Allow the expansion installers to install the patches, not the launcher. :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited July 2010

Seems like a problem between windows and the launcher.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    kittycat208kittycat208 Posts: 516
    edited July 2010
    mehbelle wrote:
    no, everytime I click on sims3 it says windows is checking for a solution, then comes up with that message and that's it

Yeah I've had that problem, you might want to check with the Technical Forum
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited July 2010
    I think the thread should help launcher. Click here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/229313.page and scroll to simguru's message
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    VioletTearsVioletTears Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    Wow sorry this is a little old but I had the same exact problem. What you have to do is delete your whole sims 3 file. Go to your documents, find electronic arts, and there should be a sims 3 folder(if you have CAP or CAW that will be there too.) Delete the sims 3 folder and a new one will be generated. Check to make sure your launcher is working. To download your content, download it one by one on the web. My suggestion? Don't install them into the game until you have all your content in the launcher then hit select all and install. HOPE THIS WORKS!!!

-VioletTears
  • Options
    StarAniStarAni Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    I found a solution.If you muved the "Electronic Arts" folder from one to another disk then right click on your mouse over launcher and then over .exe file and click properties.You will found start in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\... and there type the new location on the launcher and the .exe files.It worked for me. :)

Sorry for the bad English.
  • Options
    StarAniStarAni Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    I found a solution.If you muved the "Electronic Arts" folder from one to another disk then right click on your mouse over launcher and then over .exe file and click properties.You will found start in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\... and there type the new location on the launcher and the .exe files.It worked for me. :)

Sorry for the bad English.