Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mid-priced Craftsman

Mid-priced home, has elements of the Craftsman style. This home is perfect for a growing family. Price should be somewhere in the low to mid-40's. It has a living room with fireplace, a dining room, kitchen, back vestibule with washer and dryer, Master bedroom, kids' room, and a full bath on the main level. In the basement there is another unfurnished bedroom and bathroom, plus it's expandable if you need more space. There is also an unfurnished attic with two rooms which could be used for extra bedrooms or hobbies.

Outside it has a mature garden, a fire pit, and a swing set for the kids. The house currently contains one full bed, one bunk bed, and one crib. The only skill building item it contains is an art easel, but there is plenty of space to add whatever you'd like based on your sims' interests.

The house was play-tested and checked with Custard; it contains no 3rd party CC but it does have a few Store items. It's available in my studio here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6572595

Front exterior:

MidCraftExteriorFront2.jpg

Back exterior:

MidCraftExteriorRear.jpg

Living Room:

MidCraftLR.jpg

MidCraftLRPic.jpg

Dining Room:

MidCraftDR2.jpg

MidCraftDR.jpg

Kitchen:

MidCraftKit.jpg

Bedrooms; FYI the master shows 3 photos but the upload only has two photos on the wall because one was showing up in Custard (it's wierd how photo subjects show up like that but I didn't want to feak anyone out):

MidCraftMaster.jpg

MidCraftKidsRoom.jpg

Attic and basement:

MidCraftUnfurnAttic.jpg

MidCraftBasement.jpg

Thanks for checking out my thread. Happy simming! :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited October 2012
    It's wonderful to see a house that a sim family can afford when they have too many kids but not enough simoleons :lol:.

Warm regards,
    PattyCo

p.s. By the way, great house!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2012
    That was my intent - there are starter houses and there are very expensive houses but it's not easy to find something in between!

Thanks, PattyCo, appreciate your comments. :-)

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2012
    Great house for a growing family, that can be changed as the need arises. Great idea to have the unfurnished attic and basement. I like the design and exteror of the house, and nicely furnished. Good to have a mature garden too for the family. Great! :)
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    Very nicely done. Left a rec.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    What an adorable house! :D I love the garden too. That kitchen with the arch looks so pretty. Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the comments, rosemow! That was pretty much my goal - leave room for customization while keeping the price reasonable. :-)

Thank you, walkingstick! For the kind comment as well as the rec.

yanti68, the arch is one of my favorite parts. I was worried that the shelf might get in the way of the sim sitting in the chair in front of it, but that was the chair my sim usually picked when he ate at the table and it worked fine. What a nice tester sim. :wink:

Thanks again, everyone!

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2012
    Eep! It's so cute!! Love it :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2012
    Love it! Downloading and Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much, Greencats and taloremxx! :-)