Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Goddess' Order- 100 Baby Challenge *Sort of a Christmas Update 12/25*

Comments

• Options
    AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    I'm not interested in getting the game anytime soon, either. Has LGR played the actual game yet and not just the CAS? I couldn't find it earlier. Seems like there's many bugs (which is typical of a new release which relies on patches to fix things). Here's a good reason why I like playing console games more. They seem to take better time to make sure things are right before releasing them.
  • Options
    iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    His review of the whole game is here
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Oh, how much I enjoy LGR's reviews. Sims4 looks better than I expected, but the Sims2 loading screens again, bah! The Sims(1) baby-carriage-to-child sequence, ugh! Not to mention no toddlers, pools, customization.... He's right. It's a nice stand-alone game and certain advancements are impressive, but as a fourth installment it's mediocre. I'll definitely be waiting now for at least one or two expansion packs to be released (and reduced in price).
  • Options
    AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    I know, I've been reading reviews since it came out, this is the first time since I started in on the Sims collection, that haven't pre-ordered. I had in the beginning, but as info flooded through it was like no way. It still looks good, and I still want it, but there's no way I'm playing the costs of it. In the UK there's already people selling their copies on Ebay and such.
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • Options
    The last chapter is coming out sometime today, guys!! There will be an end survey as well ^^
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    i'm going to miss this story. it gave me courage to try for the 13th time
  • Options
    Hmmm.... my today or your today? XD
  • Options
    Probably both, although it will be late in your day. I'm almost done with the writing. I'm going to take a break to make a late lunch and get a shower. Then I'll finish. So two hours about? Maybe closer to three.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    So around 11pm my tim. Dunno if I'll be up XD
  • Options
    You probably won't be, because I'm already going to have to push the time back XD
    I'm in charge of making dinner tonight, and I just found out we don't have the ingredients for the recipe I want to make like I thought we did. Time to put my hair in a braid and do some quick shopping!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Just means we get to prolong the ending a bit more. I'm okay with this! Yours will be the first challenge I've read that actually made it to the finish line and completed everything. One of my least favorite parts of reading a good book/story is getting to the last pages.
  • Options
    lol I'll read it when it's done and/or I'm up XD I'm always in charge of dinner (other then the odd occasion the hubby makes it) But that reminds me I need to take the hamburger outta the freezer for chili tomorrow ^.^
  • Options
    Welp. It's done. I was too tired trying to get it all written to feel emotional while writing, but I can feel the feelz settling in. Since we began with "The Beginning", we will end with "The End"!

Here is the link to the survey.
    Here is a list of Ellothiel's mortal children that you can use for help.

My break has now official started!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    YAY! Great ending, though I am a little sad to see it all over =(
    Filled out(ish) the survey
  • Options
    Thanks for filling it out ^^
    You put two girls on the favorite male children list though (Ranna and Emethien) XD
    Couples could have been like EllothielxLaril, EllothielxWesley, ElrundirxUrelia, ElorilxErien, or similar.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Read the last chapter last night but the survey is going to take more brainpower than I have at the moment. Must really think it through.
    I'm also sad to hear the end but wow, what a gift from the goddess!
  • Options
    Ahhh ok, oops I thought I had fixed that XD I had all girls on the boys at first XD I should have waited till I wasn't so busy to do that =)
    Getting the kids ready to school, jewelry ready to be shipped off
  • Options
    Though A thought did cross my mind, Ellothiel is going to need her own place! ALL those kiddies!! Including the aliens! Holy Hannah! And the ones she's got now O.O
  • Options
    I'm assuming with all of the land they'll have with pocket elf cities, it won't hurt her as much to know certain kids are to the east or west or whatever, especially since the children will come back to her in an elf-comparable time. She'll be gaining new children for millennia!
  • Options
    AEventyr Ellothiel will have enough kids by the end of it all to have her own little city XD
  • Options
    @AmberKotori- Haha, yeah. That's exactly why Laril was going on about how many room they're going to need to add to the house. Give it a couple thousand of years, and they'll need one of those new settlements to house all the children plus their spouses and their own children XD

@AEventyr- I thought the children coming back was a nice way to end things ^^ It had been the plan since basically the beginning, so I think that helped when I had to have my favorite children die the first time around. Now I get the chance to write all sorts of stories :) One I really want to focus on is the relationship between Ranimir and Elrunamir. I figure Elrun would want Ran to consider himself the oldest brother because he is technically the oldest physically. Then I can see Ran wanting to consider Elrun the oldest because his spirit is older and he was Ellothiel's first child.

It was always planted in my head that the dream Calenduil and Sararia had would be sent to all the other couples being surrogates for Ellothiel's children. Once the news got around that any woman could end up carrying the eastern leader's daughter they wouldn't be surprised anymore and head to the east to have birth there. I would feel sorry though for the woman who would have to bear Ellothiel's quadruplets. Each couple would conceive the child they were supposed to conceive anyway, like how Calenduil and Sararia had Hiewen as well, so that woman will have to carry five children O.O

I do hope more people take the survey. Only got Amber's response at this moment. I was hoping the end of the challenge would bring out the lurkers that I know that are there, but I guess not :lol:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    lol Ellothiel is going to need a city to house everyone XD maybe her own land. South Eastern maybe? XD
    btw my game glitched... baddly glitched...well badly for Peter XD Not sure if I should re-load and try again or leave it (Katie has had more then the norm of kids -.-')
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    Its over! :'( That was such an amazing final chapter, all of the kids coming back, woah! She is definitely going to need more room. Maybe she will become the leader of her own elven community and live there with her husband and all of her children, that would be cool.
  • Options
    I would feel sorry though for the woman who would have to bear Ellothiel's quadruplets. Each couple would conceive the child they were supposed to conceive anyway, like how Calenduil and Sararia had Hiewen as well, so that woman will have to carry five children O.O

That. THAT is who I want to read a short-story series about first. That poor Elven woman who has to do what not even the great Ellothiel had to do and bear FIVE children! It may take me a little bit because I want to look back and remember everything right, but I will get the survey done. I just don't want to leave any blanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I guess that is a story I'll have to do at some point XD I've always had a plan of doing something where one of the surrogate mothers is furious at having to carry Ellothiel's child/children and then give him/her/them away. I figure if that would be any mother then it would be that mother :lol:

The mothers of the triplets don't have it much better now that I think of it. That's still four children XD
    mss8gv9