Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides, Terrain help

:(:(:(:(

I have today discovered that the terrain paints that are used in ST are not in the build mode, therefore I am unable to match my lot with the surrounding land ( grass)

can anyone tell me why this is or where I can get these paints ?
this is the lot Ive been trying to match - these are examples of what I have available,which as you can see are hopeless!

426317_10151130777216985_967771207_n.jpg
Check out My showcase thread
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
or look for me in the Gallery
aka DizziSquirrel

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    You don't need to repaint any lot - what you need to do is after you place the lot go to where the terraine paints are and click on the eraser there - now erase all your terrain paint on your lot and the paint underneather will come through and of course match perfectly. If you have painted walks etc, you can repaint them after you are done erasing all paint on your lot just by switching back to the paint brush and picking your terraine paint of choice.

I love the erase feature especially if you build a lot in a grassy world and need to place it in a desert or beach world - you can match perfectly just by erasing. But to make it easy on my self I generally drop the house down to ground level so I can see all the ground area better, put the eraser on the largest circle and just erase away. It goes pretty quickly. Once it is all erased it will match exactly the terraine of the lot the house was added to. You can then proceed to paint anything you want added back like walks or dirt in gardens, mulch under plants etc, etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you, for a speedy reply!
    I will give it a go and report back later x x
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2012
    It Works !! PERFECT ! TYVM

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    You don't need to repaint any lot - what you need to do is after you place the lot go to where the terraine paints are and click on the eraser there - now erase all your terrain paint on your lot and the paint underneather will come through and of course match perfectly. If you have painted walks etc, you can repaint them after you are done erasing all paint on your lot just by switching back to the paint brush and picking your terraine paint of choice.

I love the erase feature especially if you build a lot in a grassy world and need to place it in a desert or beach world - you can match perfectly just by erasing. But to make it easy on my self I generally drop the house down to ground level so I can see all the ground area better, put the eraser on the largest circle and just erase away. It goes pretty quickly. Once it is all erased it will match exactly the terraine of the lot the house was added to. You can then proceed to paint anything you want added back like walks or dirt in gardens, mulch under plants etc, etc.

Thanks! I didn't know this either!
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited October 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:

It took me forever to figure this out in Lunar Lakes!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited October 2012
    I didn't know this either. Thanks for asking... and thanks for answering. :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    It's a trick I learned early in sims 3 trying to match an egyptian made island. I could make good desert houses but we had no sand terrain in game like was in egypt which the world creator had used. Our sand was too light or two dark. So while I was trying to make something that at least wouldn't look totally bad, I went to erase my first attempts and discovered that underneath it all was the actual desert terrain. It was a big uh huh moment for me for sure. So for most of the Sims 3 I have used that trick. Glad it finally helped someone else. I know it cuts down a ton of time using downloaded lots in our fav hoods and have them look like they belong for sure.

Just pass it on, and everyone can benefit. It's a neat time saver besides not having to look for matches all the time.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2014
    I found the link to this thread through a google search & it was so helpful, I thought I'd reply to say "thank you" and maybe it will help some other newbies like me. :)