Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Achievement/Badge Thread (SIMGURU please read!!!)

Comments

• Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited September 2013
    PetaT wrote:
    Who keeps sending these? - Find ten messgages in abottle.

Anbody else having problems with this one?

I am playing in Riverview and placed a bottle spawner on the beach and having my sim collect them, she has 14 so far but on the skills tab under scuba diving it says - message bottles collected 0.

Does it only work by collecting while diving?
    Am I using the wrong spawner?

Any advice greatly appreciated, Thanks

I would try doing it with a fresh sim in Isla Paridso(sp?).

I've noticed with playing Hidden Springs there are not alot of spawners. :(
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I've been traveling for a while and played The Sims 3 on another computer. On this computer I concluded the challenge: Sunlight and Water Description: Have a PlantSim photosynthesize and absorb 20 puddles.

The problem is that the icon of this challenge simply does not load on my desktop computer. The icon is on the wall of my page here on www.thesims3.com, but in the game it really does not appear.

I deleted the downloads folder and all files cache, result: various badges have become "black" and many of them did not load. Not appear any of the University Life badges, only 7 of seasons, nothing of island paradise (and I had already completed all).

It takes a long time until all are loaded completely? I'm afraid of not to return to normal.

I've had some that show in game as done but on my page they are not done. Don't know if that helps or not. Some badges have also been removed and then added back.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Any advice on completing My Precious! I've attempted to complete this badge twice now first using a werewolf and the second a reg sim with no luck. I've done 28 stacks of two. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

Try cutting bigger stacks? I do know I bought the machine and did this with a reg. sim as well. Try cutting larger stacks and more than 2 in the stack and different cuts.

• Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2013
    PetaT wrote:
    Who keeps sending these? - Find ten messgages in abottle.

Anbody else having problems with this one?

I am playing in Riverview and placed a bottle spawner on the beach and having my sim collect them, she has 14 so far but on the skills tab under scuba diving it says - message bottles collected 0.

Does it only work by collecting while diving?
    Am I using the wrong spawner?

Any advice greatly appreciated, Thanks

i did this badge in ISLAND PARADISE, i used the collection helper so i could find them,
  • Options
    glowinangel2006glowinangel2006 Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2013
    Any advice on completing My Precious! I've attempted to complete this badge twice now first using a werewolf and the second a reg sim with no luck. I've done 28 stacks of two. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

Try cutting bigger stacks? I do know I bought the machine and did this with a reg. sim as well. Try cutting larger stacks and more than 2 in the stack and different cuts.

Thanks for all the advice. Realized I was clicking on the gems instead of the machine to cut stacks of gems. Finally completed it! =)
  • Options
    babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    edited September 2013
    i have over 100 friends and my socialite badge is still not there after 2 weeks and more. am i doing something wrong.
    short, black, & chubby.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i have over 100 friends and my socialite badge is still not there after 2 weeks and more. am i doing something wrong.

You have to add 100 new friends.

• Options
    peithopeitho Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I have put in many, many hours over the past month trying to get the "Who Keeps Sending These" badge for finding 10 Message In A Bottle. I am playing Isla Paradiso with no MODS. I'm playing just one Sim and the Sim has not changed houses.

I found 10 while scuba diving at dive spots - no badge.
    I found 10 in the sand at the beaches - no badge.
    What does a girl have to do to get this Badge???

I contacted EA Supported and they told me that a Guru has to give me the Badge but didn't tell me how that worked, so here I am in the forums hoping that a Guru will read this and help me.

I do have a screenshot of ALL 20 bottles but don't see a way to add it to this message. This is the last badge I need for this EP.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    have you tried a new game?
  • Options
    peithopeitho Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes I have tried a fresh new game and still no Who Keeps Sending these Achievement Badge for collecting all the messages in a bottle 3 times over now.
    I am beyond frustrated!!!
    All I want is the badge and then I will uninstall this EP.

The EA Customer Support Help said a Sim Guru would have to give me the badge and I would have to request it through the FORUM. That is what I have done.

The EA Customer Support Help staff need more training so they mislead people.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Does any one know if the blog achievement has to be done with one sim?

What about the get singed by the orb thingy? On a home lot or community lot?

• Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited October 2013
    So...today is the release of Into The Future. You know what that means! New badges!

Except...WRONG! Yeah, I checked out my badge page, where they always show new ones first, and even SimsVIP's full list, and there are no new badges with this EP at all! That's very disappointing...I guess it's one less thing to try to get done, especially when they don't work, but come on. I realize EA is working on TS4, but that's no excuse to let the current game lapse in any way.

On that note, I still have some Island Paradise ones to get, but I have my own projects now and some of the ones I have left are stupidly time-consuming. So I may just stick to my projects and if I get one randomly, great, if not, meh.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    really sucks! i love badges! i keep hoping they will be added!
  • Options
    CaptainSpunkyCaptainSpunky Posts: 35 New Member
    edited October 2013
    peitho wrote:
    I have put in many, many hours over the past month trying to get the "Who Keeps Sending These" badge for finding 10 Message In A Bottle. I am playing Isla Paradiso with no MODS. I'm playing just one Sim and the Sim has not changed houses.

I found 10 while scuba diving at dive spots - no badge.
    I found 10 in the sand at the beaches - no badge.
    What does a girl have to do to get this Badge???

I contacted EA Supported and they told me that a Guru has to give me the Badge but didn't tell me how that worked, so here I am in the forums hoping that a Guru will read this and help me.

I do have a screenshot of ALL 20 bottles but don't see a way to add it to this message. This is the last badge I need for this EP.

I'm trying to get it too, with no results. But I just had a thought- what if you get it by your online friends sending you a bottle as a gift? I noticed I could do that...so maybe that's how it happens? START SENDING ME BOTTLES!
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm trying to get it too, with no results. But I just had a thought- what if you get it by your online friends sending you a bottle as a gift? I noticed I could do that...so maybe that's how it happens? START SENDING ME BOTTLES!

Interesting. I didn't know you could send bottles to friends. I'll have to try it!
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited November 2013
    KVvin 2081 wrote
    I am having problems with gratified gifter, cutting 20 stacks gems, writing 80 novels, in seasons I am having trouble with the suntan for three days badge can someone help me.

I have some tips for badges including 80 novels in my blog at http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/KimberleyMonty/myblog Just search for 80 novels.

I am also having trouble with the gifting badge although its supposed to be fixed now.

I also had trouble with the cutting 20 stacks of gems until I switched to a new game and Sim. Then it worked easily. A werewolf would be good because they can get the gems quickly. Choose cut stack of gems on the machine.

Hope that helps

FINALLY, after struggling with this badge multiple times, I got the 80 novels badge using your advice! THANK YOU!
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    aviamoldaviaaviamoldavia Posts: 143 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've been adding a bunch of friends recently for SimPort, and I noticed that I haven't gotten any of the "Add x amount of friends" badges. I can't imagine what could be so complicated about it, but is there some sort of trick to get them to trigger? Do I need a specific expansion for them? I've added people both through the website and my player wall and no badges.
  • Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited November 2013
    for those that have had trouble with profitable botany badge, selling 50,000 worth of harvestables.

Having done it once before then losing my data and having to go through it all again and not trigger, a quick and painless way to get it is.....

go to grocery store buy 50,000 worth of harvestables
    (this will take a couple of trips)
    Then sell it all back to them in one go, (making sure it's to value first)
    Done :)

This worked for me hope it helps others.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2013
    I seriously gave up on badges bc most of them never showed up as achieving them for me...
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    RurounixRurounix Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2013
    are we missing badges again? I thought I remembered a badge for moving to an Island..but I no longer see it.
  • Options
    Tiger_Lover_78Tiger_Lover_78 Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2013
    Did anybody ever figure out the who keeps sending these badge. I have tried multiple times with multiple sims and still can't it. It's driving me crazy, it's the only one I need to get for IP. I can't stand this.
    SD2011-ANGELINDISGUISE-F1-SHERA5-1.jpg
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are the badges still working? I have received notices in game that I have achieved a badge but no badge shows up on my My Badges page.

Is this feature broken, again?
  • Options
    dudie98dudie98 Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    please people at EA please fix the adding friends badges such as the 'very friendly badge' its not letting me earn it and im sick of these badges not working properly please fix the bugs so i can earn my badges properly!
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just to confirm that the Salt Water Fish Monger badge is still working even though it says time has expired on the badge page!

Got it the other day without even trying for it. :)

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone had a problem with getting the UL degree badges? I sent two sims to school--I got the Fine Arts badge for the one but not the Science and Medicine badge for the other. I'm sending her back for another degree to see if that one works and it's just that sim that is bugged.