Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Achievement/Badge Thread (SIMGURU please read!!!)

Comments

• Options
    LuisaaaPlayerLuisaaaPlayer Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi, have you got any advice on Bronzed! badge? Because tanning from booth didn't work and I really don't know how to obtain normal sun tan while neither napping on lounger nor inflatable bed worked for me... Thanks!
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi, have you got any advice on Bronzed! badge? Because tanning from booth didn't work and I really don't know how to obtain normal sun tan while neither napping on lounger nor inflatable bed worked for me... Thanks!

That one was very picky for me. I tried and tried to get a tan by having the Sim lay outside in the sun, but to no avail. I tried using the tanning booth and that didn't work either. Then one day, in a whole new game with a whole new Sim, I sent her into the tanning booth and BOOM! The badge triggered.

Sometimes the game reads a certain Sim as "bugged", making it impossible to obtain a badge on that Sim (or at least certain ones). That could be the issue you're having here, or it could be just like several other badges - it works for some but not others. Good luck!
  • Options
    LuisaaaPlayerLuisaaaPlayer Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Yup, I tried it in a new game and it worked. Thanks! So bad I can't complete most of the badges with my old favorite Sims, I don't want to make new, I got used to them... :lol:
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited July 2013
    FYI: Sims can get tanned from swimming and snorkeling in the ocean too. It happened to my sims & I wasn't even trying for a tan, lol.

I'm glad you eventually got your tanned badge with a new save game. I understand what you mean about getting attached to sims too. But sometimes we have to start fresh when nothing else we try works to unlock some badges. But that's EA's fault, not yours. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I blame EA for everything. It's true 98% of the time anyway. :D

I'm going on vacation now but when I get back I'll try a whole new game again and a whole new Sim and see if I can get some of the badges that refuse to work...my current Island Paradise game is horribly laggy, but the other saved games all work fine. Ridiculous...
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried the achievement for taking 20 romantic photos and didn't get the badge. Is this achievement one of the problem badges or is there some unwritten condition involved in getting the badge?

I'm going to try again in a different saved game with different sims and see if that works. I'm just glad this one is relatively easy to redo.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    knt1229 wrote:
    I tried the achievement for taking 20 romantic photos and didn't get the badge. Is this achievement one of the problem badges or is there some unwritten condition involved in getting the badge?

I'm going to try again in a different saved game with different sims and see if that works. I'm just glad this one is relatively easy to redo.

That's strange. I got that one, and like you said, it is one of the easier ones...but then again, so is Sole Survivor. *rolls eyes* It's possible that the Sim you were using was "bugged", which seems to happen quite a bit with these badges. Try a whole new Sim and a whole new game, like you said, and hopefully that will get it to work for you.

I'm starting a new one later tonight now that I'm back from vacation (but still have a few days off work)...hopefully I can get some of the easier ones if nothing else. Not holding my breath though.

Oh, and I just read through Russkii's threads about the update on July 16, then what a failure that was (what a surprise), and how everything is still not working again. /facepalm
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A few new things to report:

First, I posted these in all three of Russkii's threads (but of course she hasn't responded or even acknowledged that she's seen them, or anyone's posts for that matter):

2n84nj7.jpg

16951kp.jpg

As you can see, both of those badges were earned in November 2012. Now suddenly they vanished...after two of them were on my page, one of them being time-sensitive and the other appearing for no reason at all. Now they're all greyed out (two of them are X'd out, as evidenced in the picture). What the crush?

I also just discovered something else - I opened my Player Profile and Wall in the game, and you tell me, does any of this look right?

zodg0p.jpg

I've completed 195 badges out of 111? That's just part of it though - see the drop-down list? Do you see Island Paradise in there at all (all other EP's with badges are listed)? No? Me neither. So it's like my game doesn't even realize that I have IP in there, even when I'm playing in that town! That might even have something to do with why I'm not getting any of the badges that I'm most definitely earning. So that's something else that should be looked into...but knowing EA, it won't be.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    2n84nj7.jpg

16951kp.jpg

These are two of the ones that are odd for me as well. From those pictures, yours are showing up simply as the picture missing. Was this taken earlier or as it is now (I may be confused by your description)?
    On page 3, mine are actually showing up as not earned. They have the badge symbol grayed out. (I wish I knew how to take pics because I'd post what it has looked like on my wall for months.) Now...you go to the next page and they both show like your pics do - "x" in the corner for a pic and earned dates as Nov 17 and 18. I even have them as the first two pics tagged by my avie. :?
    I also earned Prize Winner and it's not showing as earned. Same as other botched badges - got the pop-up, doesn't show as incomplete and of course can't trigger again because it's already a done deal.
    When I open my incomplete achievements in game (at least as of yesterday), it says 0/200 and whatever (can't remember the exact number). But...in the drop down list, Crime Never Pays shows. Earned on January 13 and it also tagged next to my avie.

At least I know two of the four that are squirrely aren't just an issue for me. :lol:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That's how the badges look on my page now. At one point, both of those badges also showed up as incomplete on my page, but they were "duplicated" on my page - so I actually had two of each of those badges, and each one was showing up fine at the time despite the extra "incomplete" ones. Now they're just showing up as a picture error and the duplicate ones are still on my page as incomplete.

The website had sudden, out-of-the-blue maintenance last night...let's see what got fixed (if anything)...Nope, not those two badges. They're still showing up as X's. And I'm sure I still won't be able to unlock any of the IP ones either. I don't know what the maintenance was for apart from missing world icons, but I'm sure they screwed it up too (again).
  • Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can't even collect badges, because every time I try and connect to my wall in game, it either crashes the game, or my game starts lagging so badly it's unplayable.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ridiculous...stupid EA. And I just tried the IP badges again, and I STILL can't get any of them to trigger! I don't understand how two of them did but that's it. The others will NOT work no matter what I do. Even after this big site update. So of course, nothing was actually fixed. I'm sorry that some people couldn't get their expansion/world badges to show up, but those are earned just from entering in a code or what not. The badges that we actually have to work for (they're very time-consuming, especially for those of us with full-time jobs, as I've stated countless times) should have been fixed first if you ask me.
  • Options
    smallville1689smallville1689 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can't get HEAD OF THE FAMILY to unlock for anything. Here is what I have tried...

Having two sims as grandparents, adopting a child or having a child, then aging up the child to Young Adult and having the child adopt 30 kids aging them up as I go to move them out...No badge

Having only one sim as a grandparent and doing the same thing as above.

Having two sims as grandparents and adopting multiple kids and having those multiple kids adopt kids once aged up to young adult...

Having one sim as grandparent and adopting multiple kids and having those kids adopt kids...no badge.

MasterController mod and using instant baby to make kids and having more than 8 sims in household with portraits visible with the portrait panel mod...no badge...only did this one because someone suggested it and said they had earned the badge in this manner and I only did it because I was so frustrated after not getting it the other way.

All of these games were in multiple towns, all new saves with new sims, I even tried playing with a new challengedata file and no store content installed. And I've tried with more than just these five times. I'd say I've probably tried about 20 times by now.

I earned Exercise in Fertility in February, so I'm just needing the 30 grandchild one. PLEASE ANY ADVICE NEEDED...This is SO FRUSTRATING! Did everyone here that has earned both badges have the grandparent be the same Sim that had the 15 kids? Is it possible it HAS to be the same Sim to earn both badges??? HELP!!!

I read one person said they got the badge by moving the 15 kids out and then going to one of those households and having them adopt...is it because I'm staying in the same household as the grandparent??? But I thought to get the badge the grandparent would have to be in the active household and I heard switching active households keeps you from getting the badge??

Someone PLEASE REPLY! Thanks and Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bump...I still need any advice...Thanks and Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm...that's odd, smallville. I know a lot of people have had problems with that badge before, but other people claim to have gotten it. I haven't tried for that one myself, what with the badge system being so faulty that I'm hesitant to even try to spend time on it, but hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck!

I'm still waiting for the IP badges to work properly...thankfully I have so many other projects to do that I'll stay busy. :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We now know the name of the upcoming expansion pack. Undoubtedly, it will have its own new badges. Will they work properly? God I hope so...I'm almost afraid to even try them. /facepalm

I'd like to add that Russkii mentioned fixing things on this site during the recent site maintenance. That included making the pictures on the Exchange scroll slower. I realize they were pretty fast before, but has NO ONE realized that all you have to do is click one of the arrows, and then scroll through the pics at your own pace? Seriously, THAT'S what they decided to fix? There are much bigger issues than that! Again, the badges aren't working for half the people on this site, the "please log in to see your own page" issue has persisted for years, and let's not forget the Liam page that always plagues us.

FYI, I just checked one of Russkii's threads and found this post (OMG she lives!):
    Pending replies, I have not gotten an answer to these:

1. Island Paradise Achievement badges.

Uh...why the 43ll not? Considering that's the newest game and the one most people are probably playing, shouldn't fixing errors for it be the top priority?

Another thread said this:
    The achievements you guys mentioned are being looked into.
    Don't know when I'm getting a reply, but they are looking into it.

Minus the insulting and the ranting, I grabbed the names of the achievements that were listed by you.

thanks

Why does she think we rant/insult? Because we don't get results! This is the first time she's replied to any thread in weeks. How do we know these issues are being looked into? How do we know she even saw them? Just...ugh! She acts like we're being ridiculous for wanting something we paid for to work properly.

And one last one:
    So i spoke to an engineer on the game team.
    He told me this:

"Have they tried deleting/renaming their Downloads directory? This should force the game to accept whatever badges the web says they’ve completed."

I would suggest renaming the download folder rather than deleting it.

He said he will look into it once he has the time.

Thanks

Rename the Downloads folder? Which contains all our progress from SimPort, all our store downloads (and for all we know they have to be in there to register as installed), and other data, including badges that have worked? I don't know if that's the best idea...but if nothing else I'll have a backup. I guess I'll try that tonight but I can probably tell you right now what wil happen. I'm no psychic, but I bet I can see that future bright and clear...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have a very important announcement to make.

qnshn6.gif

SGR's advice worked!!! I deleted the Downloads folder entirely (I have a mod that has all the SimPort rewards unlocked, plus all my store items are installed) and just pasted it onto my desktop, and BOOM! I have Island Paradise badges!!! YES!!! *starts dancing like an idiot* OMG finally!!! I don't have them all yet, but I'm working on them! So I'm actually going to thank Russkii for posting that, because it worked for me. I hope it works for others as well. Updating first post now!
  • Options
    JynxxyeJynxxye Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    I haven't been able to complete the Alien Tech Expert (have a sim abduct a sim, invade a lot and travel to space), The Friend badges (I currently have 11 and only need one and ten respectively) and any shared memory above 10

Edit: Let me clarify, I've completed the requirements but I haven't been awarded the badge
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think with the Friend badges, it goes by how many you add (though I don't know if they have to accept the request for it to count). I did the same thing - I saw that I had like 100 friends but no badge. Half of them added me rather than the other way around. :D

As for sharing memories, that one is very odd...I should check mine as well because I'm sure I've hit the 200 mark by now. I'll look into it!

As for Alien Tech Expert, I used buydebug to get the UFO, and then Sent a Sim inside it and used its options to invade a lot and travel to space, and then I got the badge. Is that what you did? It's been a while since I've touched aliens. :shock:
  • Options
    JynxxyeJynxxye Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Ive added at least 9 of my friends, so I should have gotten the first badge for it.

for the aliens, I made friends with the alien and invited him to live with me (so i could also get the alien baby badge, which i did and it does show up) then stole his ride.

Edit: the alien tech badge showed up just now, almost 24 hours after I first completed it.
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited July 2013
    A suggestion for those that have completed badges in game but are not showing on thier my page. Go into your downlaods folder to teh folder that has all the numbers - delete the challengedata package file. This will reset your badges to the ones that show up on the site the you can try to do the badge again. This worked for my Sole Survivour badge which it said I had completed in game but it didnt show up on mypage.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    Hmm...that's odd, smallville. I know a lot of people have had problems with that badge before, but other people claim to have gotten it. I haven't tried for that one myself, what with the badge system being so faulty that I'm hesitant to even try to spend time on it, but hopefully someone else can help you out. Good luck!

I'm still waiting for the IP badges to work properly...thankfully I have so many other projects to do that I'll stay busy. :shock:

Thanks for the reply...I'm wondering if it's related to a recent patch...because most people that earned this badge earned it a while ago since it's been around so long...if you do end up trying it and getting it let me know...if you don't decide to try it totally understandable. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I haven't had a chance to try again, but I have some questions about Lap of Luxury:

Does a Sim have to stay at the same resort with a package of five nights? Can they not leave during that time to do something else? I had a Sim stay in the same resort five times, but I just booked her a one-night stay each time and I always left to go scuba-diving or something. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think I'm going to work on Evil Sweets for next month's blog theme. I'm guessing the cookies have to be great and not perfect...and the Sim has to serve them? Oh goodie...this will be fun. lol

Any feedback on my precious question regarding Lap of Luxury? :)
  • Options
    shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if the two resort badges only trigger if you use the same resort for both, only own the one at a time, or only have the one open at the time. I didn't get 'Never Again' after over a week straight of 0 star ratings. The 5-star resort one is two or so more days away from possibly triggering. The thing is, I have the two separate resorts running at the same time. I haven't been on my game in a while to try these ideas out.
    TenderWolf wrote:
    Any feedback on my precious question regarding Lap of Luxury? :)

When I got it, it was over five days at different resorts; it didn't matter if I stayed in VIP rooms or in the resort tower, or a mix of them. I made sure to sleep at the resort I had checked into each night, but I did things off the resort for much of each day.