Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear Gurus - Broken Links

Wanted to bring attention to the Gurus / EA that when you go to Free Stuff, and click on CAW it takes you to a general page on which none of the links work. I am not saying just CAW although that is obviously the one I care about the most - not even clicking on the other games to get more info work. So if you could fix that... that would be great.

And... by fix "that" I mean getting it so I can re-download CAW so I can add Supernatural things and finish my world.

Comments

• Options
    SarahMastersimSarahMastersim Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I second this motion!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi :)

You know you can actually go on any Guru's pages to leave a message. I don't know how many- if any- actually come to this section for just random perusals.

I've gotten replies to all the questions I asked. :lol:
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited September 2012
    EA please fix these links so we can download Create-A-Pattern and Create-A-World where are they please give this back to us please fix ty :shock: :?: :shock:
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know that Rflong - thanks! I will definitely do that!
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well? Since EA has a habit of putting CAW in the same spot with the same file name, I went on a little hunt. Located the direct link to the download in another thread here.

http://llnw.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/worldtool.exe

Bummer... DL is still the old version. So still waiting. ROFL! DOH! Kinda OK. I still have a world with a number of appropriate sized flat lots I can build stuff on while waiting. Save to bin, and drop them in my project when we get the updated CAW.
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited September 2012
    The tool was supposed to be available yesterday :?

@LoCatus This is not a new version of CAW :cry:
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited September 2012
    Correct. It's the DL link they've used since CAW was first released. At the time I posted, it still had the old version.

(but then... I did say that.) LOL!

• Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well the CAW link works again but still same *old* version.
  • Options
    fadingscarsfadingscars Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Sorry to bump this. This link is still broken for me. Any place I can get it for sims3 1.57 ( I had crashing problems with 1.60something so I uninstalled and reinstalled). I downloaded a whole mess of content to make my own base game western themed and winter themed worlds and i would like to use them if possible. :) thanks in advance!
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2013
    I dont get it all .... I just updated my game with the new patch , went to the games/tools/create a world link and downloaded it fine working well for me so far.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2013
    If you're wanting to revert back to game version 1.57, you'll need to uninstall all the games, reinstall, and manually patch back up to 1.57. Cawster has all the Caw installers for each game patch.

http://cawster.wordpress.com/
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Patch_Table