Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants a spoiler? **If you don't please don't ruin my fun!**

Comments

• Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited September 2012
    magic345w wrote:
    What does thye haunting curse do?

The Haunting Curse causes an explosion and sparks and then a ghost appears to follow the victim around. HOWEVER, this is a very risky spell. If this backfires your witch will die on the spot and be replaced by a haunting gnome!!! (PS this is the black/green ghost that we all saw in the trailer!)

So this can kill normal sims as well?

No, I don't believe so. Only the witch who casts the spell if it backfires.
  • Options
    Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2012
    magic345w wrote:
    What does thye haunting curse do?

The Haunting Curse causes an explosion and sparks and then a ghost appears to follow the victim around. HOWEVER, this is a very risky spell. If this backfires your witch will die on the spot and be replaced by a haunting gnome!!! (PS this is the black/green ghost that we all saw in the trailer!)

So this can kill normal sims as well?

I don't think it can kill normal sims (so far, I've heard no one say anything about it having any possibility of killing anyone but the witch who casts the spell). The spell will just sic a ghost on a sim for a few days, making them feel horrible and whatnot. The curse can be reversed by befriending the caster, I think.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

LOL, it's all good I can help you answer some questions if you want. I know having to do read them all then look through the book for the right answer might take awhile, lol.

I will leave that up to you. I'm going to read through the whole thing anyway. That's why I offered to this, because it's fun for me and I like it lots!!! :) I didn't want to set up a fact page, I wanted to have a reason to jump around instead of reading the whole thing start to finish and making my PEPS worse! LOL
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2012
    can you give us more info on the telephone booths?
  • Options
    Arkham_ZombieArkham_Zombie Posts: 554 New Member
    edited September 2012

LOL, it's all good I can help you answer some questions if you want. I know having to do read them all then look through the book for the right answer might take awhile, lol.

I will leave that up to you. I'm going to read through the whole thing anyway. That's why I offered to this, because it's fun for me and I like it lots!!! :) I didn't want to set up a fact page, I wanted to have a reason to jump around instead of reading the whole thing start to finish and making my PEPS worse! LOL

LOL, okay. I decided to read it in part, so I'll have some to read each day until the EP is released so I can relieve some peps over the course of 4 days when it comes out. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kenny_ChisholmKenny_Chisholm Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2012
    Magic Mirror info please.

Is it for good or evil?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok. As you wish! SPELLS!

Skill Level 0
    Practice Spellcasting, Choosing favorite Wand

Skill Level 1
    Good Luck Charm: (White magic) Causes the feeling lucky moodlet
    Possible failure = unlucky moodlet to the caster of spell

Conversion Ritual: (White magic) Changes collectibles from one to another
    Possible failure = Destruction of the artifact

Skill Level 2
    Fire Blast: (Elemental) Blasts fire at target. Makes target singed, possible On Fire moodlet. Can also use to light a fireplace
    Possible Failure = Singed caster instead

Ice Blast: (Elemental) Blasts with ice and snow and causes Frozen Solid and possibly So Cold moodlets. Also can be used to put out fires, break appliances.
    Possible Failure = Not listed. Assuming you'll freeze yourself.

Skill Level 3
    Spellcasting Duel: You do not get to say which spells you're casting. Just says that you will go through the spells that you have learned. After a little bit, you will either win or lose and get a corresponding moodlet. You can also tie, which will give you a slightly positive moodlet. :)

Upgrade objects using magic : Will cost you magic from your magic meter!

Skill Level 4
    Love Charm: (White Magic) Causes, Imminent Romance moodlet. Means, the next person that you talk to will become a Romantic Interest. Lasts for 24 hours.
    Possible Failure = The target will get Imminent Nemisis and start a fight with the next person they talk to!

Toadification: (Black Magic) Turns target into Toadsim!
    Possible Failure = Toadification for the witch!

Skill Level 5
    Haunting Curse: (Black Magic) Causes a ghost to follow around the target for a few days
    Possible Failure = Death for the witch!

Skill Level 6
    Need Charms: (White magic) Can be used on self or others to reverse decay of hunger/bladder/hygiene
    Possible Failure = Not listed

Skill Level 7
    Need Curses: (Black Magic) Opposite of Need Charms.
    Possible Failure = Backfire

Skill Level 8
    Sunlight Charm: (White Magic) Causes the Bathed in Sunlight moodlet. Bad for vampires. Triggers Zombie and Werewolf transformations back to human form. Also removes negative moodlets
    Possible Failures = The caster is dinged with the Dazed moodlet

Pestilence Curse: (Black Magic) Unloads sick and tired plague on target. Caster loses hunger and energy, but gains fun.
    Possible Failures = Backfire!

Skill Level 9
    Restoration Ritual: (White Magic) Clears out trash cans, washes dirty things, puts food away, fixes broken things and removes ***** traps. Decays social, fun and energy, but improves hygiene.
    Possible Failure = All nearby objects break, turn dirty, food spoils, and trash appears everywhere on the lot.

Skill Level 10
    Reanimation Ritual: (Black Magic) Only cast on urns and gravestones. Make perma-zombies! Severely decays hunger, energy and social
    Possible Failure = Turning yourself into a zombie!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    can you give us more info on the telephone booths?

Called the LLAMA
    The Lightning Leap Atomic Molecular Arranger.

Kind of works like the subways from Brigeport, except they are not listed on the map. You click on a LLAMA and select a destination. :) You can put one on your lot if you wish!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Magic Mirror info please.

Is it for good or evil?

It does not say either way! There are some interactions that appeal specifically to evil sims (Conspire against enemies). And snob sims (Admire me). I don't think that it will actually affect your sim one way or the other. Just something fun to play with. Talking to the magic mirror does improve your fun and social needs, while improving your charisma. :)
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow! Those spells are so cool! I really like the pestilence curse!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LOL, okay. I decided to read it in part, so I'll have some to read each day until the EP is released so I can relieve some peps over the course of 4 days when it comes out. :mrgreen:

I have self control issues. It's why it's better to distract myself. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    clubers wrote:
    Wow! Those spells are so cool! I really like the pestilence curse!

I think so too. But it took me long enough to do the spells! I don't think I wanna do the potions!

Or maybe I just need to with the name and level? I don't know. That took forever!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Anyone else have any questions? :)
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    Does it elaborate more on what goes on with a Supernatural protecting a human? How many werewolves can be in a pack? Can you start the game as a ghost of a Supernatural?
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2012
    ..does it have anything on the lots? like what ones are needed to place in other worlds for gameplay?

• Options
    JanellewashurrJanellewashurr Posts: 34 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Could you tell me about the bee keeping? And is their candle-making from the wax you get from the bees? I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this but nothing to confirm it.
  • Options
    JanellewashurrJanellewashurr Posts: 34 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Also, can you tell me one thing we don't know about fairies? (:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    edited September 2012
    Does it say what happens with normal sims whe there is a full moon?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    Does it elaborate more on what goes on with a Supernatural protecting a human? How many werewolves can be in a pack? Can you start the game as a ghost of a Supernatural?

It doesn't elaborate too much on protecting.

It doesn't say how many werewolves can be in a pack, just that a pack must be at least 2 or more. And that you can use your phone for making groups.

And you cannot start out as the ghost of a supernatural. You can only start out as a human ghost.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LizNuique wrote:

It doesn't say how many werewolves can be in a pack, just that a pack must be at least 2 or more. And that you can use your phone for making groups.

And you cannot start out as the ghost of a supernatural. You can only start out as a human ghost.

Oh okay...vampire ghost you can start out as I believe
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    ..does it have anything on the lots? like what ones are needed to place in other worlds for gameplay?

Ummm, no. I don't think that any are necessary. But the vampire bar and the werewolf bar will make more vampires and werewolves appear in a custom world or in another world that you set up.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    LizNuique wrote:

Not according to the guide. The mummy's curse ghost is there. But not a vampire ghost.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    LizNuique wrote:

Not according to the guide. The mummy's curse ghost is there. But not a vampire ghost.

Really? I could've sworn I saw the icon in the pic...My eyes must be playing tricks on me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Could you tell me about the bee keeping? And is their candle-making from the wax you get from the bees? I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this but nothing to confirm it.

And no. You don't get candle wax. Just honey. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also, can you tell me one thing we don't know about fairies? (:

They will turn to sprite form and fly up inside the claw machine to steal the toys inside!