Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    I posted this over in the tech forum, but someone suggest I bring this over here. I am seeing a new problem since I installed the patch.

I posted about this earlier, here is the first photo

293319_111131595703811_1250366722_n.jpg

My sim is the woman wearing white. She went to the hospital to get a job when I heard singing. So I sent her over to see where it was coming from. When she got there this is what I saw. I went ahead and did the resetSim * cheat, because I did not know who the singer was. In the little box above my sim’s head was a woman with blond hair.

Now later my sim invited a couple of his friends over for a visit

255490_111341845682786_597112177_n.jpg

In this picture I am only in control of two sims, the woman in white and the sim with the plumbbob above his head. He invited two of his friends over, and one of those guys is in the floor. I don’t have a basement either. I just used a resetSim cheat on the sim in the floor, and it did not work. He is still in the ground. I sent my sim over to his house to see it if worked, it did not help.

What is going on?

Before you ask I don't have any mod or cc either.
  • Options
    chevronfoxchevronfox Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having several issues.

Smelting causes Sims to jump like I've heard about the gardening bug (I haven't experienced the gardening bug, I guess I'm lucky in that). Specifically I noticed it with the Late Night metals/gems, but it may affect gems/metals from another EP or two as well (I only noticed the connection with Late Night items). Possibly related to new metals/gems being added in SN? Items can still be cut/smelted, but only one at a time if it's a Late Night collectible.

Random inactive Sims are invisible as mentioned by the previous poster, but it seems to be tied to Showtime performance careers. I encountered an invisible magician.

Some Generations content is glitched. Sims jump out of the actions, "Read Toddler to Sleep" and "Read Bedtime Story." You can choose the interaction but the Sims will not do anything. "Read With" seems to function normally. I'm guessing this has to do with the horror/poetry issue, but it's worth a mention.

I haven't noticed anything else in my game, but that's quite possibly just a "so far."

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No. I wanted a clean, mod-free install for the patch so I renamed my Sims 3 folder and let the launcher create everything it needed new from scratch.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    All mods removed prior to the patch.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    The new Sims 3 folder is completely mod-free, the cache should be clean etc. Only EA store content went back in.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Haven't reinstalled any mods.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
    I only have the patch but have preordered Supernatural.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones?
    This was a new save; all my old saves were deleted for fear of incompatibility glitches.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Playing EA world Lucky Palms.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7 64 Bit
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 1,339
    edited September 2012
    Issue: Lifetime wishes and wants have disappeared.

My sims have no lifetime wishes and this causes them to get stuck in CAS when trying to change their outfits/hair etc in "live mode". The worst thing about this is trying to exit the game from CAS does not work either; the game just stares at me like I'm crazy.

I have found that if I go to "CAH" in "edit town" mode to create a new sim I am able to complete the process and send them to the library. HOWEVER when placing the newly created sim into a home and then selecting that home to play it gets stuck on "processing" and does not enter "live mode". This happened during one of my testings last night with a TWO SIM family. I assume the reason being the missing LTWs.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes and the issue occurs with the mod folders removed (tested both ways)
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Twallan's yes, and they have all been updated (at least the ones I use) -- MC, Overwatch, Traveler, Animator, Debug, Portrait & Register.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch? Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones? happens with new games and existing save games
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? EA's Sunlit Tides also tested on a custom world (Pounawea)
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? XP
  • Options
    SilverwerehogSilverwerehog Posts: 88
    edited September 2012
    I have all the gardening bugs, and some of npc sims are invisible. :c
    "Are You using any Custom Content or Mods?"
    Only Store Content and no mods.

"If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)"
    I took a mod out for the EP.

"Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?"
    Haven't reinstalled any mods.

"Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? "
    Just the patch (yet :lol: )

Which Patch Level are you at ?

Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ?
    An existing one, and my sim already had the collection skill.

"What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? "
    Sunlit Tides.

What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2012
    Crinrict thanks for the reply. When scaning for ghosts, I will get the message that it's gotten cold and there is a presance nearby. At that point a ghost should appear and I get the message my Sim just saw the ghost of so and so. That does not happen. I would say they are not spawning. I searched the EA folder for "nomosaic," didn't see anything and haven't downloaded anything except from the EA Store recently.

As for the family tree. I didn't know that having children while on vacation was a bad thing. My Sim has four. Anything else one can do besides overwatch (don't use mods) or moving to a new town?
  • Options
    TaigaWolfTaigaWolf Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I apologize if this exact issue has been addressed in the thread before, but...

The game crashes to desktop immediately upon showing the loading screen, with the message "Sims 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close." This is my second time trying the patch (the first time I did it wrong by not removing my mods) and my results have not changed.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    I was using mods, but I removed my entire Sims 3 folder from the EA folder BEFORE downloading, so the game is now completely vanilla.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    I was using Twallan's, but I took everything out.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    Took them out for the patch.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    I've tried it both ways, with updated mods and with none. The results are identical.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch?
    Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at?
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones?
    Was trying to start a new game for testing purposes, but obviously I cannot even access the saved games menu.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom?
    I'm not playing any town, I can't even get past the loading screen. However, my old save file was in Bridgeport.
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    XP
  • Options
    ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm experiencing issues with interactions between sims. It appears that strangers can interact, but friends and family cannot. For example, one of my sims wasn't friends with this one guy and she could interact with him, but as soon as i changed their relationship to friends, she lost the ability to interact with him. :?

Update: started new town, everything works ok. Old save must be corrupt somehow
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am sad to say that so far, the game still doesn't stay paused after I pause, save, quit, and then reload. I know this is a Showtime bug, I was just hoping they might have fixed that little bug so I could use one less mod, but apparently not. So Saver will have to go back in.

1. Yes, I use mods, but I checked it w/no mods installed too.
    2. Twallans mods
    3. I did a full uninstall, reinstall before patching, so there were no mods installed when I patched.
    4. All mods are updated for my patch level.
    5. patch
    6. 1.38
    7. Existing and New game
    8. EA--Sunlit Tides (existing) EA--Sunset Valley (new)
    9. Win 7

Thanks! :)
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    @LaBlue0314: Hm. Maybe this is a new issue with invisible Sims although I've seen the sims in the ground before. All I have is using DebugEnabler, Option Fix invisible Sims. You might get them back

@chevronfox: Would you be willing to plop in ErrorTrap to see if you get any scriptErrors with those ? I'll add them though

@Daijahv: This is usually caused by an outdated noMemory mod. Did you delete the cache files ?

@Silverwerehog: I'll add the invisible Sims issue

@BernardD: Family tree: Not that I know of. Spirits: I'll add

@TaigaWolf: Did you delete the cache files after deleting the mods ?

@ltd2mp87: Do you have any mods in your game ?

@Nirar22: Thanks for the report.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    TaigaWolfTaigaWolf Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @TaigaWolf: Did you delete the cache files after deleting the mods ?

I did delete the cache files before attempting to start the game again, but it might have been after installing the patch. However, as I previously stated, I had already moved the entirety of my Sims 3 folder to my desktop so the game would have to create a new, clean folder, so I don't see how the game could have possibly accessed the old files.

I've also made a new discovery that might have contributed to the problem: I discovered some mods installed the "old way" in my Program Files folders, and have now deleted them. However, I've already gotten rid of 1.38, so I can't test if this changes anything, but other people who are having problems might want to check that out..
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I thought I'd share something I found out last night.

If you're having the mycelium glitch (your plants aging up in to that), download and install Twallan's DebugEnabler. In game, click on the plant when it's in the mycelium state, then hit Nraas > DebugEnabler, and click DEBUG: Next Growth State when it comes up in the window. It'll turn in to a sprout, like it was originally supposed to be. It's not completely ideal, and it can be tedious for big gardens, but it's an easy fix.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ghostly Presence bug:

I tested this without all mods except for the skintone after patching 1.38.

My sim scanned a ghost in a house but there's nothing.

186534345044EFA61493F3

There's nothing happened. And now my sims doesn't know what to do. He is just taking his piano out and playing himself as his work is still going on.
    I had no problem with this before the patch.

13645B345044EFB4158087

• Options
    edited September 2012
    @TaigaWolf: That is most positively it.

@Pepperbutt Thanks for that.

It should correct itself in the next state though so I personally I'm not too bothered by this bug.

@Jeansoo: I'll definitely add. Thanks for the pics.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @chevronfox: Would you be willing to plop in ErrorTrap to see if you get any scriptErrors with those ? I'll add them though

Pretty sure it's a patch issue, because I never had those problems prior to the patch. But, I was using Twallan's mods before so for all I know the mods prevented it. I'm planning on putting some back in once I get SN and some of the issues I've seen with Twallan's Overwatch mod on the nraas wiki are fixed.

I can pop ErrorTrap in for the invisible Sims and the smelting issue, but my baby/toddler is now all grown up, so I'll have to get her a baby before I can try that. It may be a while. I'm bad at finding romance for my Sims! Guess I'll use the wishing well and then reload.
  • Options
    JuLiia3JuLiia3 Posts: 10,621 New Member
    edited September 2012
    1. Yop, lots of CC's and one core mod named XCAS can be found on mts
    2. Don't think this mod is a big one
    3. Don't take them out... Everything works fine though
    4. Yea
    5. Only the patch
    6. 1.38
    7. - (With the patch I'm playing only in the exsisting ones)
    8. EA
    9. Win 7

Well, I don't know if you can help me, crinrict but I think I have to post it here, because some members of the german forums have the same problems.
    I do have a lot of custom skins. I heard the skins were patched aswell or something like that but whatever...
    When I'm starting to create a Sim in CAS no skins are appearing. I can't choose any skin...
    But in game, when I'm playing with a family which is wearing some of the custom skins, they look fine so this is not an issue of missing skins they're in game but I can't choose 'em. If I want to choose a skin there appears nothing only an empty field where I could choose the skins before this update.

Short in german:

Wenn ich im CAS einen Sim kreieren will, kann ich nicht auf die verschiedenen Hautfarben zugreifen, da diese nicht verfügbar sind. Es erscheint ein leeres Feld. Wenn ich jedoch mit einer Familie/einem Sim spiele, die einen von den Custom Skins tragen/trägt, sehen sie normal aus, also so, wie die Skins auch aussehen sollen. Sie scheinen also im Spiel, nur nicht anwählbar, zu sein.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    take the mod out
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    An update: With ErrorTrap installed, my Sim is able to read bedtime stories to the children and toddler I summoned from the depths of the Wishing Well.

But when I loaded the game, my Sim was invisible when she hadn't been before. I am in agreement with a previous poster that it seems to somehow be connected to a fairy's pixie form, since the Sim's plumbob seems lower to the ground. This issue self-corrected; when my Sim climbed into bed she reappeared.

I got one Script Error that seemed to be related to my store content, but didn't appear to have anything to do with my invisible Sim.

I have yet to test the metals again. I will need to set motives to static.

Another issue I have noticed, though--which may pertain to lag (the server has been very slow for me lately)--is that the game keeps telling me I am using the wrong email/password when I attempt to log in. I know that I have both right; in fact it should have automatically logged me in, but it didn't. This corrected before when I made another new Sims 3 folder, but now it's happening again. It only happens when the game is opened. I can log in at the launcher and on the website.

EDIT: However, books may still have an issue. I used the Multitab Tablet and I'm not sure, now that I think about it, that she had physical copies of the books she read to the children. Will have to test that out now by buying the books before getting the child.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    chevronfox wrote:
    An update: With ErrorTrap installed, my Sim is able to read bedtime stories to the children and toddler I summoned from the depths of the Wishing Well.

But when I loaded the game, my Sim was invisible when she hadn't been before. I am in agreement with a previous poster that it seems to somehow be connected to a fairy's pixie form, since the Sim's plumbob seems lower to the ground. This issue self-corrected; when my Sim climbed into bed she reappeared.

I got one Script Error that seemed to be related to my store content, but didn't appear to have anything to do with my invisible Sim.

I have yet to test the metals again. I will need to set motives to static.

Another issue I have noticed, though--which may pertain to lag (the server has been very slow for me lately)--is that the game keeps telling me I am using the wrong email/password when I attempt to log in. I know that I have both right; in fact it should have automatically logged me in, but it didn't. This corrected before when I made another new Sims 3 folder, but now it's happening again. It only happens when the game is opened. I can log in at the launcher and on the website.

EDIT: However, books may still have an issue. I used the Multitab Tablet and I'm not sure, now that I think about it, that she had physical copies of the books she read to the children. Will have to test that out now by buying the books before getting the child.

I'll add the invisible issue and the childrens books issue. Maybe someone else sees the same.

As for the password/email: That's just because of the heavy load on the servers right now.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JuLiia3JuLiia3 Posts: 10,621 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    take the mod out

Doesn't work although the mod is out of my game.
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 1,339
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Daijahv: This is usually caused by an outdated noMemory mod. Did you delete the cache files?

I did but that didn't work. I went ahead and uninstalled my folder once more and added everything in one at a time and that worked...

I did also have that mod by Velocity memory mod but I never reinstalled it after the patch. Thanks for that now I'll go and check for an update on that one!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Update on the metal smelting.

It happens with any metal that didn't come in the base game (just tested to be sure after getting a bunch of them from my cauldron--which made getting them faster, I just had to set motives to static to do so!). Try to smelt it with any other metals queued for smelting after it and the Sim jumps. You can smelt them one stack at a time, but that's a little annoying. I get a script error on the Sim (Script Error: Jewel Collector), but I don't think it logs it.

I'm about to re-test reading children to sleep with actual books. That's how it glitched before, but as I said, it didn't glitch with the tablet. I can read with them normally for sure (I did it before), just can't read them to sleep or read a bedtime story. But I can with the tablet, so that may be a workaround for anyone else having the same problem.

But the only gardening issue I have is the "mycelium" issue which should go away once SN is installed. I hope. But I don't click on every plant, I just use "tend garden," so I very likely may have the issue and just haven't seen it in my gameplay. Given the issue with very specific metals (which is why most people probably haven't encountered that glitch--most metals exist in the base game--aside from the fact I was specifically playing a character who collects and sells the collectibles)I wonder if the gardening glitch also takes place due to specific plants (i.e. if any are not from the base game).
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Could you zip up ALL errortrap errors you have and upload to mediafire ? I'll pass them on to twallan.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    @JuLiia3: Did you also remove all skins you have and delete the cache files ?

@Daijahv: Could have been another mod. So it's fixed ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited September 2012
    collection journal is incomplete. will it be updated at a future time to include the pets collectables such as birds and lizards and such?

also, it is missing space rocks. there is no way to keep track of what space rocks you have found unless you create a physical list. it would be nice to have that information also.

I dont know if there are any other forms of collectables not included in the journal.
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2012
    i have noticed a few things since the update, when placing objects they show on the second floor or not where you want them to go, also when placing a picture on the wall i noticed it was moving down the wall on its own :?

the sprinkler(moo was not on)
    Screenshot-39-5.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top