Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    RhenderaRhendera Posts: 51 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@Rhendera: Don't know atm. Let me get back to you. If it was just one save game, I'd say your game corrupted but with a new one as well. Hm.

Thanks! and yes I really have no idea. :( my game worked perfectly fine yesterday, I updated today and all of these issues popped up. And I am a power-user, and I do know how to find my way around with minor issues but this one baffles me. :( I hope EA rolls out another patch soon, fixing the bugs this patch caused, because I do want to play Supernatural in a few days. :shock:
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello

More update: Silly me, I found the horror genre and yep it causes the jump. So for my sim poetry and horror cause the jump but seem to write every other genre. As far as I can tell at this point.

It also appears that when harvesting what the sim harvests does not appear in the backpack/inventory. Planted a grape to test. It grew all the way to harvestable. It was Excellent quality and no excellent quality is in the inventory after harvest. Hope this helps. I guess I could try planting more than one plant to see if harvesting stops after one plant is harvested.

charicharn
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Follow up on the garden-I tested a new Sim in Twinbrook and moved a new Sim into a house with an existing garden (24 Sweetwater loop) and continued to grow plants there. Leveled up to 10. Tend Garden and Harvest worked. No issues. Perhaps it will sort out when SN is released (as previously mentioned in this thread). Thanks.
  • Options
    dementor1213dementor1213 Posts: 1,835 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but the new skintones aren't exactly working for me, or at least one of them isn't.

I made two sims yesterday with the lightest part of the greyscale skintone, and it looked fine in-game, despite their thumbnails and family portrait not showing them correctly, but today when I loaded them, the brother no longer had the skintone, it was just a normal skintone, I can't tell on the sister, since she's a vampire now and the pale white skintone looks the same as a vampire with the normal skintone.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I've tried using 'edit in CAS,' but it doesn't work. I'm also not using any mods or CC, so those are ruled out at a cause.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    @wilson1114: Thank you. Talked to Twallan about it. Missing fish is a bug with Overwatch. Missing plants is a EA bug that happens to Sims with pre-existing collection skill. He's working on a fix for that.

@elanorbreton: Thanks for the update

@Charicharn: Thanks. It seems they didn't properly implement drama and poetry for the patch only.

@Rhendera: You might wanna reinstall. I really hate to say this but sometimes it's the only way. Make sure to clean registry. Backup the user data and do not put it back for now.

@dementor1213: I'll add that.

---

Did some testing on the gardening.

While the mycelium is very reproducible, I was not able to see any jumping. My gardener started with 0 and is now up to 8.

Is anyone with the jumping issue willing to give me their savegame to try. Preferably a non-store EA world.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited September 2012
    Okay here is my report:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I use Twallans mods, but I took them out before going into the game.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took them out when I patched.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? I have not put any mods back in yet.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch-- I will install Supernatural on Tuesday.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones? I played an existing save.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? SunSet Valley
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7

What I have noticed is that the only new vampire stuff I have seen is that my vamps can drink from anyone. Nothing else I have noticed. I have also seen a lot of girls giving the two gay male sims I am playing flowers. My male sims are married and have been for a really long time. And they are responding to the girls giving them flowers by flirting in return. This is unacceptable to me. If I had wanted them to be that way I would not have made them gay and get married. I am noticed something else. Its small but still. My two male sims went to a movie, then they went out front and decided to watch the stars. Then pop up came up saying words to the effect that they better tone it down or other sims would start to talk. Um, they are married! Its just silly aggravating stuff but still these things were not going on before and I hope when I install SN that everything goes back to normal. That is all I have seen at this point but when I go back into the game I will report back if I have seen anything else.
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @wilson1114: Thank you. Talked to Twallan about it. Missing fish is a bug with Overwatch. Missing plants is a EA bug that happens to Sims with pre-existing collection skill. He's working on a fix for that.
    crinrict wrote:
    Is anyone with the jumping issue willing to give me their savegame to try. Preferably a non-store EA world.

This is most likely caused by the same EA error as the one above.

Both should be corrected in the latest version of [Overwatch]. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Was just going to post about it.

Thanks Twallan. I will update the first page and do a blog post.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    RhenderaRhendera Posts: 51 New Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@Rhendera: You might wanna reinstall. I really hate to say this but sometimes it's the only way. Make sure to clean registry. Backup the user data and do not put it back for now.

I was afraid of that :( Thanks for taking the time to think with me though, it's appreciated. :)

--

And I see Twallan is posting here, just a quick fangirl-note : thank you so much for your mods. They really make the sims playable again, you have no idea how many errors I've run into that I could easily fix with your mods. You have my eternal gratitude. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @Kamb64:

- Vampires: Maybe you need to do some other interactions first ? Not sure how it all works and what we are supposed to see
    - Flower giving: Always been annoying but don't know why a girl would gift a male if they are gay.
    - Is any of them a star and did they do some woohoo in public maybe ?

@Rhendera: It's either reinstalling or wait till someone comes up with a better idea. Since you tried the factory reset thingy and a new game, there's nothing left I can think of.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Kamb64:

- Vampires: Maybe you need to do some other interactions first ? Not sure how it all works and what we are supposed to see
    - Flower giving: Always been annoying but don't know why a girl would gift a male if they are gay.
    - Is any of them a star and did they do some woohoo in public maybe ?

@Rhendera: It's either reinstalling or wait till someone comes up with a better idea. Since you tried the factory reset thingy and a new game, there's nothing left I can think of.

I have never had it happen this frequently. It really is something odd with how often it happens. Both of them are celebs. A four star and a 5 star. Those two sims have only ever had public woohoo with other male sims. Who knows what is going on. lol. Yea, I will go back into the game to see what else there is supposed to be with the new vamp stuff. I will check back in. Thanks Crinrict!
  • Options
    ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited September 2012
    Here's another one that isn't critical, but might be annoying...

The consignment symbol in the skills journal has disappeared in all games tried so far.
    Bugs I share with others... :?

I also have a blank page for plants, but assumed that this was for SN, as we already have a log for harvestables and there has been mention of mushrooms & plants to make magic brews with.

I am also getting the gardening & writing glitches, and did get the issue with the game hanging when trying to connect with the player profile/wall - solved that by going offline before playing and not letting the game connect. This also solved the missing needs panel, loss of moodlets, wishes and opportunities. (no idea why it should work like that!?)

Interestingly, if I start the launcher now (obviously with internet enabled) the 'front page' which used to connect here is completely blank - also don't get the usual offline screen. Has only happened since the patch so probably related.

Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I use Twallans/HPs and buzzlers mods, - removed all mods and cleared cache prior to the patch. Also have a lot of CC - mostly store bought, but 2 worlds as well - Jericho (which I play) and Los Anielos (which I haven't played)
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took them out when I patched.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Waiting for the patched versions - playing vanilla +CC
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Patch only - SN not out here for another week.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones? existing
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Tried 3 so far - Bridgeport, Appalloosa Plains & SimSample's Jericho
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7

I am playing on a laptop but has good specs (256MB graphics, 8GB RAM), All EPs & couple of stuff packs installed, and have had no issues up to now
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm off to bed.

I haven't really linked my answers but I think everyone has seen their answer. Thank you all for doing a great job here in answering my questions and playing by the rules.

I've written two blog posts that I will link tomorrow. I think the cause for the gardening bug is identified (by twallan of course) and those of you who have the bug and are fine with using mods, would be great if you can test if Overwatch fixes the issue for you.

No need to restate those issues.

If you've posted and your issue is not on the first page, please restate your issue.

I have some RL stuff to do tomorrow so don't know when I'll be checking in.

Good Night everyone.

EDIT: ec1ipsse: Adding the consignment one tomorrow. Wonder if it's the same cause as the other one.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    dhubhduirdhubhduir Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I am happy to say that Twallan's Overwatch V69 has fixed my harvesting issues and my issue with the Plants page of the new Collection helper. THANK YOU!

I can also confirm the writing problem with Poetry and Horror genres. I had not initially run into this one because my writer is primarily a Sci-Fi author.
  • Options
    BlueMoon369BlueMoon369 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited September 2012
    i updated yesterday and later other people updated and said the update ruins the game. i was like "nothing's wrong with it" but i just noticed all my hairstyles from the store are missing!

EDIT: mispelled update
  • Options
    Wesmaster70Wesmaster70 Posts: 27
    edited September 2012
    Hi, I would like to report a problem with my game. After I patched the game, I started up a new save and after playing around for a while in live mode I noticed a wish to pillow fight with another sim. I cancled it, and it almost immediately popped up again. So I cancled it, and it kept popping up in the wish tab. And it hasnt stopped. I tried rebooting the game, but it didn't fix it. :cry:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Not at the moment, but I did before. I rmoved them per the instructions on your site. I have not reinstalled them.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I onced used Traveller, but I removed that Way before it was patch time.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do). yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Didnt put any back.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? The newest(as of this post), 1.38
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? New save, but don't have SN yet.
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Bridgeport
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7

Thanks for making this thread, I hope this can be fixed.
  • Options
    creatorZcreatorZ Posts: 92
    edited September 2012
    When i created this family yesterday after the patch they were fine but today i logged in and noticed this one particular sim isnt showing up. At first i thought she was just invisible or something like one of the old glitches, but this is different, her plumbob is closer to the ground and she performs actions on items differently. I tried resetsim cheat but that didnt do anything. I kind of gave up and just started reading stuff on the forums a few hrs ago and then I watched the Supernatural guru videos again and noticed that my sim is behaving very similar to the sprite form of a fairy ... i could be totally off but its just an observation.

screenshot_original.jpg

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

no mods, some cc but i disabled it on the launcher

5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?

just patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

current

7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ?

existing

8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

sunlit tides

9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

win 7, 64bit
  • Options
    ZasadetZasadet Posts: 228 New Member
    edited September 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No and No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods no mods at all
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I'e never modded my Sims 3
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch. Supernatural's still on pre-order. :) will have it soon though
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 12.0.273.018001
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Starlight Shores
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Mac OS X 10.8.1

Gardening is frozen. I was able to tend plants that had weeds/harvest/dead status from before I saved. I was also able to plant new plants.
    However, since that initial care/planting none of the new plants are growing and none of the old pants are producing weeds or harvests or dying. I've had a sim-week of 'frozen' plants with no updates. I can talk to the plants or dispose of them or plant new ones but it seems like the early morning 'update' to the plants to alter their status isn't happening.

Update: Saving the game, exiting out and restarting results in my having harvestable/grown plants and weeds. But subsequent sim days the plants now update their growth status (new stage called mycelium) but fruits fail to appear in 'harvest' stage until I save and restart. Weeds are appearing normally again and tend garden/weed actions are working.

The mycelium growth stage has me a bit confused since it's a fungal state that shouldn't happen in vegetables but i suppose we'll see what effect it really has when SN comes out. I do wonder if it's connected at all to the gardening bug.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited September 2012
    patch 1.38 states new interactions and moodlets for vampires however I don't see any of that, is this a bug?
  • Options
    daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2012
    I was just playing my family and sims cannot intereact with babies or toddlers in cribs. The action drops from the queue. I replaced the crib twice as beds do become bad at times and that did not help.

My sims can garden.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? CC yes, no mods.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. not now
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - have used but used clean game to install patch
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - have not added back yet
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? - patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? latest
    7. Did you start a new game for Supernatural or are you playing an existing ones ? - this is an existing one
    8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? a custom one
    9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7

Edit: the family just had another baby and I placed an EA crib for her as noted the other was a custom one. It works so far. I hope we are not going to have problems with CC objects (many) like we did with Pets.

One bad thing, the family is not getting mail.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    dhubhduirdhubhduir Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have found an issue with Twallan's Overwatch mod. My sims are no longer able to shop for groceries when the mod is loaded. They will go into the store, then immediately be transported outside the store and the shop action is cancelled. Shop for books works at the bookstore. It is only shopping for groceries that is affected when the mod is installed.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @dhubhduir: Thanks for the confirmation. Don't we all love twallan :)

@BlueMoon369: They probably uninstalled themselves. Did you backup your user files ? If so, simply put the DCCache folder from the backup back in the current folder and you should have it all back. If not, reinstall the hair.

@Wesmaster70: I'll add that

@creatorZ: Invisible sims are usually due to corruption. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html

MasterController is not updated yet, the rest of twallan's mods are (the ones that are involved in this solution.

@Zasadet: Might all be connected. Try if overwatch solves the issue for you

@samsonkflai: I'm going to add that with a big question mark. I really don't know how we are supposed to get them and what they even are. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

@daisylee910: That is an older bug. You need to reset the baby with resetsim firstname lastname.

Mailbox: Is it still sparkly from the gifts, maybe ?

@dhubhduir: I think he fixed that. Get V70 if you haven't done that. Please report errors with his mod in his wiki, not here.

----

Two unrelated things:

Wishlist: I'm going to add some badges to my WL (I do own the rest of the Store). If you feel the need to gift me something, you're welcome to do so but please keep it two one badge so that they last awhile.

Friend Requests: Don't send me any. I'm only accepting them from people that I feel I have gotten to know and like. If you're not sure you qualify, don't send.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    mona1996mona1996 Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you dear Crin and Nraas for making the fix for the collection journal!

Crinrict: If i download Overwatch v70, this will fix the plants problem? Sorry for the stupid question :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mona1996 wrote:
    Thank you dear Crin and Nraas for making the fix for the collection journal!

Crinrict: If i download Overwatch v70, this will fix the plants problem? Sorry for the stupid question :)

It will fix the jumping, it will not fix the new state (but that's just an annoyance)

Thank you for the Badge :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have noticed that after the new patch, my sims can't clean up or put food in the fridge now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top