Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twisted Color - A random rainbowcy. (Chapter 5.9 posted 15/3!)

Comments

• Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited October 2012
    On a completely different note: I'm closing in on 1k views on the blog and I thought I could do a little treat for that. It's just that I'm completely blank for ideas.

Sooooo: Does anyone have an idea/suggestion for 1k special?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I decided to follow Mikezumi's idea with family pictures and have added the first generation picture on the front page. :)

You can have it here too, to spice up this post:
    gen1.jpg?w=600&h=472

I have also decided I want to keep framed pictures within the family's home of all the generations so I'm planning on fixing that today. Yay.

--

The next post is finished and I will post it either later today or tomorrow. I will also post the heir vote. The heir vote will mean there is a little paus in the chapters because chapter 13 is depending on who is the next heir. ^^ In the meantime I can work on the next updates for the Lords. They have been a bit neglected the last few weeks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Chapter 1.12: New friends

screenshot-798.jpg?w=600&h=343
    “Who’s that?” Drover whispered and pointed towards three colorful figures further away. It rarely happened that colorful ‘bows visited District 0 and when they did, whispers like Drover’s were common among us colorless. I had never seen them before, and judging by their clean looks they were new to the district.

screenshot-742.jpg?w=600&h=345
    They seemed to be about fourteen years old, give or take a few years. Probably just a bit older than Quince, actually. But the way they moved made them seem older. They were confident, upright and curious. Their eyes was greedily scanning off the grey surroundings.

screenshot-800.jpg?w=600&h=374
    “Hey there!” I shouted after them and the few colorless that had been out hurried in to their homes in fear.

“Hey yourself!” One of them shouted back and they started walking towards us.

screenshot-802.jpg?w=600&h=344
    “It’s you!” They stopped dead and stared at me.

“Uhm, hi?” I said fumbling.

“Oh Berry! I can’t believe it’s you!”

I looked confused at the young guy in front of me and Drover slipped his hand in to mine.

screenshot-804.jpg?w=600&h=403
    “You’re Marshmallow Puff, ye?” The yellow guy asked, as if it was a way of explaining himself. Silly, I obviously knew who I was, I just didn’t know who they were, or why they knew me.

screenshot-801.jpg?w=600&h=379
    “I’m Mithos” he said and stretched his hand out in a friendly gesture. As I took it to formally introduce myself he pulled me closer and whispered in my ear: “It’s starting again, it’s happening.” He then let go off my hand and looked around. “Some hot chocolate would be great, thanks for the offer.”

“What?” I felt really, really confused.

“After you” he continued and motioned for me to start moving.

screenshot-805.jpg?w=600&h=384
    I don’t know exactly how it happened, but somehow we did end up in our home with a cup of chocolate in front of us. The three young guys looked curious and mysterious.

“What’s happening?” Drover demanded to know once we were settled and felt safe.

screenshot-807.jpg?w=600&h=360
    Before they had time to answer our kids came bursting through the front door, laughing and joking with each other. By the sight of the three unknown boys in our kitchen they stopped dead. They knew that unknown colorful people in District 0 usually meant trouble and their faces went from happy to worried in an instant. Quince took a step forward so that he was standing between the three boys and the twins. “Who are they?” he wondered.

“They’re from the outside” I explained. “They were just about to tell us something.” My kids all stayed to listen, still in a safe distance from our guests.

“The uprising! There’s a buzz all around Fondant Fields, people are starting to question District 0!” One of the guys, who we still didn’t have a name on, suddenly said and smiled widely.

“Uprising?” Quince’s face lit up in a big smile.

screenshot-806.jpg?w=600&h=387
    “Ya, we just need help from the inside and we wanted to find Flax and you” Mithos said and looked at me.

screenshot-810.jpg?w=600&h=399
    “I’m in!” Quince said eagerly and almost jumped at the spot in excitement. Neither me or Drover knew how to (or even if) we should correct him and talk him out of it. Uprisings? It sounded dangerous, but it was also what we had taught our kids through their childhood that they should fight for.

Drover squeazed my hand and smiled, “So are we. And Flax will be too.”

The three guys all smiled and thanked us a hundred times before they left that day. Our task was fairly simple, all we had to do was to convince our neighbours in the district to get on the train. It would be simple enough, wouldn’t it?

---

screenshot-811.jpg?w=600&h=382
    “NO! You are not taking part in this!” I said for the millionth time that same night. Sundance and Sweet Corn thought it was the most unfair thing ever that they weren’t allowed to help in the uprisings. In mine and Drover’s opinion they were too young with their 9 years. Fact was, Quince was probably too young as well and he was four years older. It was impossible to talk him out of it, though.

screenshot-812.jpg?w=600&h=354
    “But why can Quince do it?” Sweet Corn wondered and flapped her eyelashes.

“Because he is older than you! End of discussion!” It was uncommon for me to need to raise my voice against any of the twins and I had a slight feeling of guilt when I saw their sad faces. That didn’t mean that I would change my mind in the matter, though.

screenshot-813.jpg?w=600&h=339
    “That’s so unfair” Sweet Corn muttered and tugged at Sundance’s arm to make him move with her. He hesitated for a moment before he decided to follow her. Sweet Corn stomped extra hard at every step, to really manifest how irritated she was with my desicion. Sundance followe with light steps, not looking too bothered at all.

screenshot-816.jpg?w=600&h=438
    Drover took my hands, he must have seen how hard it was on me to upset my kids. “We did the right thing” he said. “Remember what happened the last time we let Sundance join the campaign.”

screenshot-817.jpg?w=600&h=392
    The memory pierced my heart like a knife. My poor baby boy. I couldn’t help to wonder if his silent, fragile character had anything to do with our desicion to use him as a statue for the rebellion.

screenshot-7381.jpg?w=600&h=373
    “This is Sundance” Flax said and helped my son to wave towards the TV cameras and right through our screens. Murmur broke loose in the studio and the host asked a few questions about where my son was from and why Flax had decided to bring him. The debate was not much about politics, but rather about my son’s appearance and whether the fact that white transferred along with yellow was positive or negative.

After the show a whole group of antagonists had gathered outside the studio and as Flax came out through the doors they spat Sundance right in the face. “FREAK!” they called after the two of them as Flax tried his best to protect Sundance while he hurried off.

screenshot-738-1.jpg?w=600&h=373
    “The boy we saw on TV last night is a true shame for our kind” Mayor Bloom said in a speech the next day. “I promise to do my best to keep you pure ‘bows safe from this plague. No one should have to endour the look of that colorless skin. It’s a shame that they have been allowed to breed and I will work towards purifying our kind. I promise to cure us!”

The speech was already a classic, well-known speech and had been broadcasted several times after that first time. We had managed to keep our kids from seeing it for a long, long time but we couldn’t keep it from them forever.

screenshot-821.jpg?w=600&h=371
    “Is it my fault, mom?” Sundance asked after he had seen it. “District 0, is it my fault? Are we here because of me?”

I remembered the question very well, a bit too well. He had never really gone back to his old self after that and I knew he had a great guilt on his shoulders. It didn’t matter that we told him time after time that he had nothing to do with it. He seemed so sure that he was the ultimate pest.

There was no way we could risk such a thing again. No way.

---

Mithos is from the very talented Arrowleaf's rainbowcy Chasing Rainbows. I'm happy to get the chance to have him in my story! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    When you've read the chapter, you can follow by placing your vote in the heir vote:

HEIR VOTE!
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    I squealed so loud when I saw Mithos. x] He looks beautiful in your game. <3

On topic:

I'm liking where this is heading. I really hope that Mithos and Quince can bring about some sort of change to society. Ah, your writing is so flawless. It's amazing that English isn't your first language!

Gah, I'm still so happy about Mithos. Seeing him happy makes me happy. lol

On to vote for the heir!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    I squealed so loud when I saw Mithos. x] He looks beautiful in your game. <3

On topic:

I'm liking where this is heading. I really hope that Mithos and Quince can bring about some sort of change to society. Ah, your writing is so flawless. It's amazing that English isn't your first language!

Gah, I'm still so happy about Mithos. Seeing him happy makes me happy. lol

On to vote for the heir!

He looks beautiful because he has good genes! ;) I wish I could play on the computer with better graphics, though. Oh well, that time will come again.

And wow, thank you. I'm blushing now. :oops: I think I've actually learned a lot by reading what you other simmers write. I need to read more english literature overall. I should probably buy some english books. That would help even more.

I promise I'll keep Mithos quite happy. At least he has a bunch of friends here. :D I still want to keep him somewhat protective, I liked that about him.
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited October 2012
    Okay, I caught up with my chapters... I love it so much. Poor Sundance, I hate that he feels guilty. I loved seeing Mithos! He's so cute. <3
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Okay, I caught up with my chapters... I love it so much. Poor Sundance, I hate that he feels guilty. I loved seeing Mithos! He's so cute. <3

Well done catching up! I know, Sundance breaks my heart. I use random traits even if it's not really a rule in the random legacy and the poor kid didn't have the best of luck. Loner, Unlucky and Clumsy. Lol.

I love having Mithos in my game. He deserved another fate than the one in Chasing Rainbows. Parallell Universes ftw!
  • Options
    edited October 2012

He looks beautiful because he has good genes! ;) I wish I could play on the computer with better graphics, though. Oh well, that time will come again.

And wow, thank you. I'm blushing now. :oops: I think I've actually learned a lot by reading what you other simmers write. I need to read more english literature overall. I should probably buy some english books. That would help even more.

I promise I'll keep Mithos quite happy. At least he has a bunch of friends here. :D I still want to keep him somewhat protective, I liked that about him.

Haha, can't argue with that. CreamxMaize genes really worked out for all three of the triplets. I honestly wasn't expecting it but I'm not complaining. ^_^ Whoa, you aren't even on high graphics? They all look really good! I didn't even notice!

I bet reading English writing does help a lot. I try my best to have proper grammar and spelling in all of my work but I'm sure I slip up every once and a while. Glad I can be of some help, though. ^_^ Yea, reading English books would probably help a ton as well.

Thank you! I am so glad that he can be happy somewhere else. I'm also glad your sticking to his personality and making him protective. ^_^ He's a brave one, willing to risk his life for anyone or anything he cares about.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited October 2012
    Whoops, I accidentally got behind. But I'm all caught up now! ^__^

Geez, those Antagonists are just awful! D:< they make me want to tear my hair out with frustration, every time they say something about the colorless 'bows being lesser. >.<

Wait? Did you say that English wasn't your first language? I never would have guessed that, based on your writing. Wow.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well done catching up! ;)

I know, the antagonists are stupid and dumb. But, to their defense they have been brought up in their beliefs. It's not an easy thing to change.

English is my second language. I would guess it shines through in some grammatic ways and possibly strange word choices here and where.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    Haha, can't argue with that. CreamxMaize genes really worked out for all three of the triplets. I honestly wasn't expecting it but I'm not complaining. ^_^ Whoa, you aren't even on high graphics? They all look really good! I didn't even notice!

I bet reading English writing does help a lot. I try my best to have proper grammar and spelling in all of my work but I'm sure I slip up every once and a while. Glad I can be of some help, though. ^_^ Yea, reading English books would probably help a ton as well.

Thank you! I am so glad that he can be happy somewhere else. I'm also glad your sticking to his personality and making him protective. ^_^ He's a brave one, willing to risk his life for anyone or anything he cares about.

They really did get good looks all three of your triplets. :D

The actions I apply in photoshop helps raising the quality in the pictures I think.. Or well, it fools the eye to think there is a better quality than there actually is.

Mithos will do some risky things in the next chapter to help in the uprisings. Because, that's how he works. ;)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey, fru!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Chapter 1.13: A friend and a hero

screenshot-885.jpg?w=600&h=426
    Helping out in the uprisings was probably the best decision we had made in a very long time. First of all because it was something I enjoyed doing and I thought was important. And secondly because it kept me busy and prevented me from spending time feeling sorry for myself. And last, it meant I could once again spend time with Flax.

screenshot-891.jpg?w=600&h=373
    He had (of course) also been forced to move in to the district and ever since that TV-show there had been a barrier between us. It was as though the reactions to him bringing Sundance built a wall between us. I blamed him for making my kids go through the awful events and he did his best to stay out of my way. I guess he did feel a bit guilty about it.

screenshot-889.jpg?w=600&h=357
    With the new uprisings growing, I realized that it had never been his fault. I had simply felt the need to blame someone and he had been a good choice. Spending time with him again felt good and I knew he cared deeply for me and my children’s rights for a fair treatment in society. Besides we were quite alike each other in many other areas as well. It was a friendship meant to be, and the fact that we had tried to forget that was pretty sad. And now, it was all coming back to us.

Quince was always out on some “mission” after he had decided to join. He wanted to scout the outside and make friends among the colorfuls, he said. We let him be, he was old enough to know what he was doing. And he had color so no-one would intentionally harm him unless they realized what he was working for. And I knew they were careful.

screenshot-894.jpg?w=600&h=415
    Sweet Corn was still mad at us for forcing her to stay out of it and she longed for her birthday so that she would be old enough to also do something. I knew it killed her to just sit by when the rest of her family poured their heart and soul in to an uprising she couldn’t join. To keep her at least partly occupied Drover had brought home an easel and some canvases and paints. “Learn how colors work” he said and handed it over to her.

She probably knew it was just a distraction but she still spent her time in front of that easel. She painted her dream worlds, paintings where color and colorless worked in unison. Where it was possible to mix and match as you pleased.

screenshot-893.jpg?w=600&h=339
    Sundance kept silent as always and he stayed out of our way, minding his own business. Sometimes he sat with me and Flax and just listened to what we spoke about. Those times you could see that he gathered every word and every opinion in a compartment at the back of his head.

This was one of those times. Me and Flax was talking about the rumours Quince brought from the outside in a hushed tone while Sundance sat next to us and listened to every word. He never interrupted and never asked any questions, it was as though he understood that it was a dangerous topic and that we needed to keep it quiet.

screenshot-924.jpg?w=600&h=366
    Because of his quiet nature, it came as quite the suprise when he suddenly cried “Mithos!” and jumped up and rushed towards the young yellow boy.

screenshot-923.jpg?w=600&h=371
    “Hey there champ” Mithos said and ruffled Sundance’s usually well-combed hair. Mithos had instantly fallen in love with Sundance when he realized that was the boy who had been on the TV-show. And Sundance returned the feeling multiple times. Mithos was Sundance’s hero and one of the few ‘bows who had managed to drag him out of his shell.

screenshot-922.jpg?w=600&h=389
    “Did you bring us anything good?” Sundance wondered and almost made Mithos drop the basket he was carrying. Mithos never told him off or looked annoyed though, he just laughed and pulled a colorful wrapped chocolate bar up from the basket and handed it to Sundance, “Chocolate for the champ.”

screenshot-921.jpg?w=600&h=392
    “And now you need to talk to my mother, right?” Sundance smiled and ran off in to our home. I couldn’t help but to gasp, Mithos had a huge impact on my son. Well, in fact he had a huge impact on all of my kids, and me, but it was the most obvious when it came to Sundance.

screenshot-914.jpg?w=600&h=370
    “I brought some fruits and some bread” Mithos said once he had managed to get to us. It was brave of him, and probably a bit dumb, to cross the laws Mayor Bloom had set up and bring us food within the district. It was of course strictly forbidden. We had to our food ourself outside the district, with an increased cost of 200% because we lacked color. Since we were also forbidden to have any employment outside the district, that was pretty much impossible and we had to be happy with the small food deliveries Fondant Fields officially did to us.

Since Mithos started bringing us food, my kids looked healthier and we all felt happier and more hopeful.

screenshot-916.jpg?w=600&h=366
    “I can’t thank you enough” I said and tried to master a look matching the thankfulness within my body. I probably didn’t succeed very well.

“One has to do what he can, right?” Mithos smiled. I spent a short moment thinking about the fact that he was the second teenager to fuel the hope within me. The first was sitting next to me, all grown up. Imagine what the world could be like if every ‘bow was as naive and energetic as those teenagers. It would sure be a better place.

screenshot-913.jpg?w=600&h=391
    “Is Quince out again?” Mithos asked and brought me back to reality.

“Isn’t he always?” I nodded. “He should probably be back soon, though. He just went to say hey to Bluebell”

“Right, I’ll wait then” he said and sat down with us. He was not only Sundance’s hero and idol, he was also one of Quince’s best friends. Actually, Quince had met all of his friends except Bluebell through Mithos so it made a lot of sense.

While we waited, Mithos filled us in on the latest rumours and gossip about colorless and their rights. Apparantly, the support for Whites had been growing rapidly the past few weeks and just in the last two days we had gained 50 new members. The downside was, that for every new member we officially gained, the antagonists gained two. So even if we grew, it still wasn’t enough to put ruling thoughts and opinions to rest.

“Although, they obviously don’t know of the support we have here, within the walls” Mithos added and I felt a flicker of hope. There was still a chance.

screenshot-920.jpg?w=600&h=429
    screenshot-918.jpg?w=600&h=380
    Quince came back just a while later and by the sight of Mithos his face lit up in a big smile, which was instantly reflected. “Hey Quincie!” Mithos said and pucnhed him jokingly in the chest. The two of them were the best of friends.

screenshot-926.jpg?w=600&h=387
    I walked up to my oldest son and gave him a hug, “You look happy today”.

screenshot-928.jpg?w=600&h=363
    “I am” he said happily. “Thunderbird has the most awesome idea!”

We waited for him to continue and when he finally did I could barely believe my ears. I understood that it wouldn’t exactly be allowed and that it was something the four boys would have to work on in secret. They had to be very careful with this.

screenshot-929.jpg?w=600&h=369
    Maybe I should have said no. I probably should. But I didn’t, the possibilities it would bring for colorless was far too tempting. So instead I found myself supporting them. I promised I would help them get the pub going. It would be the perfect place for Whites and our supporters to hold meetings and plan for a better future. I was excited.

--

AN: Thunderbird is the red berry who came with Mithos to District 0 in the previous chapter.
  • Options
    kristina20074kristina20074 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Love your story! Can't wait to see how this turns out!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Love your story! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes! I am so happy that Mithos and Quince are best friends and that together they are doing to get this ball rolling.

I just have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to someone, though.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    Yes! I am so happy that Mithos and Quince are best friends and that together they are doing to get this ball rolling.

I just have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to someone, though.

Something is going to happen to someone... But not until the start of the second generation. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Something is going to happen to someone... But not until the start of the second generation. ;)

asdhasdjhajdhasd

Don't do it!

Don't join the evil writer's coalition!
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

asdhasdjhajdhasd

Don't do it!

Don't join the evil writer's coalition!

There always come good things out of bad things! :lol:
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just read the whole thing now! Great story :) Looking forward to your update :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kiwi84 wrote:
    Just read the whole thing now! Great story :) Looking forward to your update :)

Thank you! I should be able to post the generation finale pretty soon. I can't wait to make way for Sundance. :D
  • Options
    AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I've just read through all the chapters. Wow! I never ever ever ever normally read rainbowcies, but yours is amazing!

I might even have a go at creating my own berry after reading this! I love it. District o is really awful. I'm glad they are sticking together as a family.
  • Options
    LAZYTOAD10LAZYTOAD10 Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Squeeee! Can't wait to see what you've got in store for Sundance :D
    A new chapter is out of mine, when you've got a minute :mrgreen: