Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twisted Color - A random rainbowcy. (Chapter 5.9 posted 15/3!)

twistedcolor-600.jpg?w=600

So you stumpled upon my rainbowcy? I suppose a welcome would be in order then; Welcome!

This is a rainbowcy played with the Random Legacy Challenge rules. That means I follow a particular color scheme and that I roll for each generation as for how that generation shall play out. I would guess that I’ll be focusing a lot on writing a good story, although I did start this as a “relax-save”. Although, knowing myself this project will most likely grow in to something bigger. XD

I do plan on incorporating a lot of berries from other players’ games, because in my opinion it’s way more fun than to just use my own sims and the regular townies. If you would like to contribute to this I would be more than happy. I’ll most likely ask for sims for special purposes now and then as well.

I hope you will enjoy my story and I look forward to a colorful bloodline!

GENERATIONAL ROLLS:

twistedcolor-generation12.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household.

Number of Children: Three

Primary Income: Firefighter

Secondary Income: Medical

Generation Goal: Expansionist - Put at least one major expansion onto your house during this generation. Examples of expansions include a new nursery with space for all the toddler toys and an attached outdoor playground, a guest apartment for the previous generation elders to live in, or an artist’s retreat with room for painters, sculptors and drafters to practice their art.

Misc. Fun: Luxury - Replace the furniture of any room by the highest quality in the catalog. (Highest quality means having the maximum number of + signs in the object description. Not necessarily the most expensive item).

gen2-banner2.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Single - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Two

Primary Income: Law Enforcement: Forensics

Generation Goal: Social Bunny - Once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday) your sim must either go on a date, or on a group outing. It’s not required that these outings get a “great” rating, or are even liked, what’s important is that they happen. Try to vary the places you go as well, although that’s not a requirement.

Misc. Fun: Fighter – Get into a fight or bar brawl every Sim week. (Sunday to Saturday).

gen3-banner5.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Single - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Five

Primary Income: Firefighter

Generation Goal: Deadbeat Parents - Do NOT potty train, teach to walk or teach to talk any toddlers. Do NOT read any toddler books to them. You must not be given the choice to choose any traits, apart from the first two, as they are a bit random and beyond your control. Keep in mind that for children and teenagers, school performance is the factor that determines your ability to choose the next trait.

Misc. Fun: Luxury - Replace the furniture of any room by the highest quality in the catalog. (Highest quality means having the maximum number of + signs in the object description. Not necessarily the most expensive item).

gen4-banner1.jpg?w=600&h=121
Marital Structure: Mixed Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household. Their children must be a mix of biological and adopted children. You must produce at least one biological child, and adopt at least one child.

Number of Children: Five

Primary Income: Art Appraiser – Appraisal Branch (chosen as a new EP career)

Secondary Income: Adventurer - Hunt for relics in faraway lands to sell. Re-roll if you don’t have World Adventures. Note that you may gather whatever you like from travel destinations to sell, whether it be directly from tombs or from grabbing shiny insects and metals from the world. You may not sell items gathered from the home town; that would fall under the collector roll.

Generation Goal: Deadbeat Parents - Do NOT potty train, teach to walk or teach to talk any toddlers. Do NOT read any toddler books to them. You must not be given the choice to choose any traits, apart from the first two, as they are a bit random and beyond your control. Keep in mind that for children and teenagers, school performance is the factor that determines your ability to choose the next trait.

Misc. Fun: Homemade - Your sims must only eat cooked dishes (no quick meals), and they may only cook a dish if they have the required ingredients in the refrigerator. In addition, they must harvest all produce and fish all fish on their own (it’s allowed to harvest from community lots). They may purchase meat, eggs, etc (and milk, rice, etc if you’re using a better ingredients mod) from the store. You may eat food cooked with the toy oven, but may not eat birthday/wedding cake or raw ingredients (if your sim does so autonomously you don’t lose, but cancel the action as best you can). This restriction does not apply in a World Adventures tomb (Egypt, France, China), since prepared meals will rot in your sim’s inventory.

gen5-banner.jpg?w=640
Marital Structure: Single Parent - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn’t allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what’s forbidden.

Number of Children: Three

Primary Income: Journalism

Generation Goal: Fulfilled – Your heir must obtain their LTW. In addition, any Wish that is “promised” (that is, pinned to the board) MUST be fulfilled. You may only cancel a promised wish if it becomes impossible to fulfill (for instance, “play game with sim” when said sim has died). You do not have to promise every (or any) wish, but once promised this rule applies. (I used my free re-roll to get this one.)

Misc. Fun: Fighter - Get into a fight or bar brawl every Sim week. (Sunday to Saturday).

Comments

• fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited March 2014
    CHAPTERS:

twistedcolor-generation12.jpg?w=600&h=121
    Chapter 1.1: A new beginning: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.2: Lonely: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.3: Less colorful: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.4: Six weeks: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.5: White 'bows are also 'bows: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.6: Take a chance: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.7: The election: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.8: Worries: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.9: Maybe he's born with it?: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.10: Thoughtless: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.11: District 0: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.12: New friends: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 1.13: A friend and a hero: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Generation Finale: The Blank Slate: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress

gen2-banner2.jpg?w=600&h=121
    Chapter 2.1: Where it all began: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.2: Secret investigations: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.3: An important fight: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.4: Researchs: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.5: Sourz: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.6: Punishment: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.7: A savior: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.8: A blooming relationship: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.9: The background: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.10: It's over: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.11: Home: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.12: And then there were three: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 2.13: Getting accustomed: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Generation Finale: A role model: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress

gen3-banner5.jpg?w=600&h=121
    Chapter 3.1: A good-looking reflection: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.2: That would be your uncle: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.3: A lie: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.4: Business and Pleasure: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.5: Starburst Shores: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.6: My own responsibility: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.7: Keeping promises: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.8: Briocheport: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.9: Then be a father: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.10: She is yours: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.11: Birthdays: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.12: Bittersweet: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.13: Long time no see: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.14: Reunion: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.15: Déjà vu: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 3.16: Tying the knot: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Generation finale: Transformation: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress

gen4-banner1.jpg?w=600&h=121
    Chapter 4.1: A broken family: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.2: Just for me: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.3: A man of nature: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.4: The one: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.5: Soulmates: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.6: Finders keepers: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.7: In love with you: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress (NSFW version)
    Chapter 4.8: Animal attacks: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.9: A problem: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.10: Caretaker: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.11: A new life: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.12: Almost a real family: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.13: A nightmare: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.14: Time will teach you: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.15: Impossible: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.16: Born to be: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 4.17: The future: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Generation finale: Belonging: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress

gen5-banner.jpg?w=640
    Chapter 5.1: A fresh start: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.2: Yours truly: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.3: Family visit: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.4: Something big: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.5: With love: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.6: Taken: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.7: Getting Help: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.8: Crazies: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Chapter 5.9: Caving in: Read on Forums // Read on Wordpress
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2014
    FAMILY PICTURES:

Gen 1
    gen1.jpg?w=600&h=472
    Drover Meadow, Marshmallow Puff Twist,
    Sweet Corn Twist, Quince Twist, Sundance Twist

Gen 2
    screenshot-989.jpg?w=600&h=440
    Sundance Twist,
    Soda Pop Twist, Blizzard Twist, Loquat Twist

Gen 3
    gen3.jpg?w=600&h=439
    Taxus Twist, Bittersweet Twist, Coral Twist,
    Salmon Twist, Soda Pop Twist, Watermelon Twist

Gen 4
    gen4.jpg?w=600&h=426
    Froly Twist, Yew Twist, Coral Twist, Berrian Citrus, Rhubarb Twist
    Mulberry Citrus, Lavender Twist, Lava Twist

---

FAMILY TREE:
    Click the image to view the full tree. (Warning! Might contain spoilers!)

tree14.jpg?w=600&h=225

---

DOWNLOADS:
    Click their images to download.

mallow-200.jpg?w=600 blueberry-200.jpg?w=600 flax-200.jpg?w=600
    screenshot-65.jpg?w=200 thunderbird-200.jpg?w=200 quince-200.jpg?w=200
    bluebell-200.jpg?w=200 sweetcorn-200.jpg?w=200 sundance-200.jpg?w=200
    spindle-200.jpg?w=200 blizzard-200.jpg?w=200 loquat-200.jpg?w=200
    sodapop-200.jpg?w=200 lychee-200.jpg?w=200 coral-200.jpg?w=200
    bittersweet-200.jpg?w=200 watermelon-200.jpg?w=200 salmon-200.jpg?w=200
    tosca-200.jpg?w=200 sonic-200.jpg?w=200

---

VISITING SIMS:
    Click their images to get to the creator or the story where the character origins from.

drover-2001.jpg?w=200 pixie-2001.jpg?w=200 mithos-200.jpg?w=200
    cinnamon-2001.jpg?w=200 oceana-200.jpg?w=200 heliotrope-200.jpg?w=200
    plum-2001.jpg?w=200 precious-200.jpg?w=200romeo-200.jpg?w=200
    berrian-citrus-200.jpg?w=200 aquamarine-200.jpg?w=200 jacinto-200.jpg?w=200 tangerine-200.jpg?w=200
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    D: I hope I can post now. I don't want to interrupt your reserves but...

YAY :]

I am excited for this!

You are such a talented writer. <3

If you need any berries tell me, I'll upload whoever you want to the exchange/media fire (Heirs, spouses, spares or just extras/sides x])

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    edited October 2012
    Chapter 1.1: A new beginning

screenshot-30.jpg?w=600&h=369
    I had always known I would eventually become a firefighter. It was in my blood, in my genes and it was my biggest dream. Dad had tried through my entire childhood to talk me out of it. Starting with threats: It’s dangerous, it’s a man’s world, you’ll see people get hurt, you’ll see people lose their loved ones and so on. When it didn’t work he switched to begging: Please don’t do it, it’s dangerous, you might get hurt. Yada, yada, yada. I won’t say I didn’t listen, because I did. I heard every word and it just made me want it so much more.

screenshot-261.jpg?w=600&h=369
    Dad was a firefighter too, so he knew what he was talking about. I think the main reason he didn’t want me to become a firefighter was that I was a girl, though. He always pretended I was that little baby doll-girl, while I in reality was nothing like that. I was, and still am, what most people would call a tombboy. I never enjoyed playing with dolls, I never fancied make-up or pretty clothes. I rarely had any girlfriends. When other girls my age went shopping or dating boys, I went to the gym.

screenshot-251.jpg?w=600&h=411
    My dream of becoming a firefighter had always been what pushed me forward. I fought hard, every single day to get closer to my goal. I pushed myself harder and harder, knowing that it would take so much more from me, just because of my sex, to get there. But I was determined to not let my gender stop me.

I had always felt that my sex made me weaker and less important. Heck, it had been the truth for so long. It’s not like women had the same rights as men in all time. Some say we are equals now but it’s a lie. We’re not equals in every deparment, and we might never be. There are things that you, as a woman, will have to fight harder for than men do. Physical perfection, for example.

screenshot-271.jpg?w=600&h=381
    As if being a woman wasn’t enough, I’m also colorless. Blank. White. I can’t even try to describe what that means in a world as ours, where everyone and everything is colorful. The norm is colorful man. It wasn’t uncommon to hear that colorless ‘bows have less brain capacity' or that colorless ‘bows are freaks', or my favourite 'poor parents being cursed with that thing'. Growing up, I fought that too. Luckily, I was a strong girl and wouldn’t let them get to me. Every word they threw after me made me stronger and more eager to prove them wrong.

I don’t know what my parents initial thoughts on having a colorless baby was but I know I never noticed them being ashamed of me. I remember being shown to the world instead, as if they were using me as an example. As if they tried to fight what had been the truth forever, all by themselves. They made a statue of me, and I guess it made people dislike me even more. Colorless sims weren’t supposed to be shown as statues. We were supposed to be hidden. Tucked away from the colorful world we were living in. Tucked away as the shameful result of mutations and failure. I wonder who I would be if my parents did that?

screenshot-36.jpg?w=600&h=390
    One of the most characteristic things for a berry is to dress themselves in their own color. Most do this out of pride for their personal color while some choose another color just to make a statement. Among us few colorless berries that are trying to make ourself a life in the colorful ‘bow world most dress in color, just to try and hide the colorless truth. There is nothing to be proud of if you lack color. But since I was old enough to decide on my own, I have taken pride in my colorless self. I have pillaged through store after store to find some pieces of colorless clothes. It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve managed to gather myself a pretty decent colorless wardrobe. Just what I needed to really show my pride for my lack of color. I suppose I put a thumb in many bows’ sides, doing exactly what everyone wished for me to not do. They’ve always hated me.

screenshot-34.jpg?w=600&h=353
    I wished they could see me now, all those sims who spat on me. All those people who snorted because of my pure existence. Boy, would they be surprised, a colorless girl in a firefighter suit? I don’t think I need to mention I was proud?

screenshot-32.jpg?w=600&h=434
    “I did it paps” I said and placed a bouchet of roses on his grave. White, of course. Symbolic. “I’ll make you proud, I promise”.

screenshot-33.jpg?w=600&h=369
    edited August 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    D: I hope I can post now. I don't want to interrupt your reserves but...

YAY :]

I am excited for this!

You are such a talented writer. <3

If you need any berries tell me, I'll upload whoever you want to the exchange/media fire (Heirs, spouses, spares or just extras/sides x])

*giggle* I hope I'll do okay with this one, even though I plan on spending less time on it. XD I'm already in love with my founder thogh.

I'll make sure to ask you once I start needing more berries. And, just so you know: you've been a great inspiration to get me to start this. You might see some of your berry world "social policies" shine through here as well. ^^
    edited August 2012
    :O

I just read through the first chapter.

It's so good! <3

I love your founder and your take on the colorless berries. Very nice.

&It's fine. You can take any of the social terms/norms I use in mine, it doesn't bother me one bit. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    edited August 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

I just read through the first chapter.

It's so good! <3

I love your founder and your take on the colorless berries. Very nice.

&It's fine. You can take any of the social terms/norms I use in mine, it doesn't bother me one bit. :]

Thank you! :D

I reckoned there should be some take on the colorless berries, since there seems to be so few of them. XD It wasn't until I read your story about genetical mutatios that I got the idea. So yah, Marshmallow Puff is much like Cream I guess. Colorful parents and all. ^^
    edited August 2012
    So, for the next few chapters I'll be introducing a couple new sims and it would be quite amazing if they came from you and not from me, right?

If anyone would like to create them (or share any of their exisiting sims) it would be an honor to host them!

This is what I need:
    A male teenager of any color, he should have the rebellious trait (or at least be a tough character).

A yellow YA male. He can have whatever traits but he needs to be one of the kind who would dare to challenge social norms and go with his own gut.
    edited August 2012
  • TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited August 2012
    Let's see.. I have here Kionna, still a teen. I'm not using her in any stories

528095_353250878083516_2119674980_n.jpg

And I have this these 2, I don't remember their names.. It's been a while since I've played that file. Yellow guy is Kionna's father tho

543761_353250904750180_1475519667_n.jpg
    edited August 2012
    TheNay83 wrote:
    Let's see.. I have here Kionna, still a teen. I'm not using her in any stories

528095_353250878083516_2119674980_n.jpg

And I have this these 2, I don't remember their names.. It's been a while since I've played that file. Yellow guy is Kionna's father tho

543761_353250904750180_1475519667_n.jpg

I would love to use them all three. They probably won't get the major roles, but I need lots of extra's. Are they in your studio?
  • SLAHP4SLAHP4 Posts: 7,890 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I love this! I'm in a berry making mood so I'll have some up. :D I have a rainbowcy you can check out. Click my siggy. Bookmarked by the way.
    edited September 2012
    SLAHP4 wrote:
    I love this! I'm in a berry making mood so I'll have some up. :D I have a rainbowcy you can check out. Click my siggy. Bookmarked by the way.

Thanks Slahp! Would be very fun to host some of your berries! :) I'll check your rainbowcy out as soon as I've finished my own next chapter.
    edited September 2012
    Chapter 1.2: Lonely

screenshot-62.jpg?w=600&h=367
    I could hear them talk behind my back. In fact, they talked in front of me too. The macho-berries (men, of course) who worked at the fire station found it silly, ridiculous and down right disgusting that someone like me had been offered a job there. The fact that I had been the most qualified applicant, both regarding education and physical capabilities seemed to go by un-noticed. What mattered was color, or rather, my lack of color and the fact that I was a girl.

They didn’t even budge by the fact that my father had been one of the most talented fire fighters in town. A hero, if you so wish. I knew I would follow his path, but there was no one else believing in me. Not even my mother. After the tragic event with my father she had followed his path and begged me to choose another job. One that wasn’t so dangerous. Little did she know, that the danger that came with the job was what pulled me there.

My father died in a big fire four years ago. He died a hero and have been grieved by the majority of ‘bows in town. Little Flax (who’s not so little anymore) and his parents constantly comes to my father’s grave to make sure it’s decorated okay. I’ve met them there several times, it’s almost as though they are my own family. Because my father saved Flax from a gruesome death in that fire, they seem to feel like they owe us something. I bet that’s why they accept me as a normal berry, even though I’m colorless.

I won’t lie though, I did feel like they were responsible for my father’s death for many years. I couldn’t stand seeing Flax grow and knowing that my father died, saving him. I’ve learned to accept that now and I know that if I got the opportunity, I would do the exact same thing. That’s the beauty with this job.

screenshot-31.jpg?w=600&h=363
    screenshot-53.jpg?w=600&h=320
    The first time the alarm sounded I almost choked on my sandwich. The adrenaline that instantly started rushing through my body is indescribable. We have no more than 90 seconds to get dressed, get in our trucks and be on our way from the moment the alarm sounds. I knew I’d manage it, but the rush that comes out of that pressure is amazing non-the-less. When we got to the right house we quickly figured it was only a small fire and that it would be easy enough to put it out. It was a good enough first mission, I’d say.

screenshot-42.jpg?w=600&h=408
    screenshot-43.jpg?w=600&h=413
    screenshot-45.jpg?w=600&h=413
    It was my hope that for every fire I helped distinguish I would prove, once and for all, that colorless berries are equals to colorful berries. Honestly, it’s unbelievable that such racism exist still today. I guess it also has to do with the fact that colorless berries feed it too, just by dressing in color. We should be proud of who we are. Maybe I can be a role-model, someone to look up to. I’ll be the new hero in town.

---

screenshot-67.jpg?w=600&h=408
    I’ve never really had any friends. Understandable, when you consider the fact that colorless berries usually are treated as though they have some disease. They all seem so scared, as if they were afraid that my lack of color would somehow infect them.

The thing was, though, that now that I had moved out from my mother’s home, it would easily get quite lonely. I had no-one to talk to. And so far, the other firefighters treated me just as they would treat any colorless sim. They simply ignored me and made sure to stay out of my way. It was the first time I found myself wishing I had a friend.

screenshot-57.jpg?w=600&h=405
    “I miss you dad” I stood by his grave and talked to him. I often came here to talk to him. He had, after all, been the best friend I’ve ever had. Even though he discouraged my firefighter dream, he had always stood up for me and believed in me. He was not only the hero in town, but also the hero in my life. “I hate how they ignore me. I wish you were here to tell me I’m valuable. Dad, I need you.”

screenshot-58.jpg?w=600&h=336
    “I could tell you that” a young man’s voice said and I noticed a pair of feet moving closer. As I looked up I saw Flax’s smiling face.

“Times are changing” he said. “Most people my age don’t agree with those old sayings. We know better.”

I smiled, it was rather cute with the naive teenagers. Their fate in future, their certainity in a changing world. “Thanks…”

screenshot-59.jpg?w=600&h=405
    “Look” he suddenly said in a much more eager tone and took a swirl in front of me. I don’t know how I could possibly have missed it. He was all dressed in white.

“Why?” I wondered, curiosity catching me.

screenshot-60.jpg?w=600&h=346
    “Many of us do it” he answered proud. “We’re making a statement… I think we are about… 15 already!” He was shining with pride. A colorful berry dressed in white, there was still lots for a woman’s eyes to see. I had never heard of anything of its kind. Colorless berries in color, sure. But this?

“It isn’t just teenagers” he continued, still with pride in his voice. “You should come! You could be like our leader!”

screenshot-61.jpg?w=600&h=363
    “I don’t think so Flax…” I said, knowing that I had my hands full with my new job and trying to get approved by my co-workers. “But I appreciate the gesture” I said and stood up. I waved him goodbye and started to make a leave.

“At least keep your eyes open!” He shouted after me. “You might notice lots of people dressing colorless!”
    edited September 2012
    :O I love it.

x] Their form of rebelling is a sort of rebelling that I was going to try to sneak into my second gen (only no colorful berries wearing colorless clothes but the wrong colored clothes ;]).

Marsh is so cuteee. Flax is awesome, protesting is such a way. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    :O I love it.

x] Their form of rebelling is a sort of rebelling that I was going to try to sneak into my second gen (only no colorful berries wearing colorless clothes but the wrong colored clothes ;]).

Marsh is so cuteee. Flax is awesome, protesting is such a way. <3

Oooh! :D I love that you love it. Flax is awesome and he will have some impact on her. ^^
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Chapter 1.3: Less colorful

screenshot-108.jpg?w=600&h=366
    Everywhere I went I saw colors, colors and some more colors. Even though I had lived my entire life in this town, it still amazed me to see that there was pretty much nothing that was allowed to be colorless. They had even started forbidding vanilla ice-cream because it lacked color. What was the most fascinating was that no-one complained, everybody just bought the lie as it was. Everybody silently agreed to the standing norms through their non-actions.

screenshot-107.jpg?w=600&h=355
    This was before Flax told me about their rebellious little circle of friends, of course. I started seeing the colorless berries more and more. Some used white details in their otherwise colorful outfits while others were more brave and dressed completely colorless. If you knew to look for it, you could see that white was sneaking its way in to our colorful world little by little. The realization made me smile.

screenshot-109.jpg?w=600&h=371
    I noticed how these colorless colored berries exchanged looks, subtle so that no one would notice unless they were actually looking for it. Small nods in each others direction, innocent smiles and the like. I soon started as well, everytime I saw someone wearing white I nodded in their direction or smiled as though they were distant friends of mine. It was as though we had a little family on our own. It felt good.

Now that feeling, of course, did not follow me to work. There I was still being treated as something infected that needed quarantine. In all honesty, I don’t think I would want those people to be my friends, they were all too narrow-minded. Speaking with Flax made me realize that there actually were people that didn’t think I was disgusting or a shame for our world. Now, I had of course always known this myself, but just knowing there were others who agreed with me was a fantastic thing.

screenshot-70.jpg?w=600&h=385
    Working as a firefighter can be dramatic, stressful and exciting but most of the time it’s quite dull. There is a lot of downtime between the calls, where all we do is work in our own physical perfection, hang out with each other or make sure trucks and alarms are functioning properly. Now, these two last tasks are probably the most dull and the least attractive tasks we have. For some reason, I found myself doing this a lot. And I mean a lot.

screenshot-72.jpg?w=600&h=374
    I got better and better at it, though, so I suppose it did bring something good with it. It also helped my boss in deciding I had deserved the promotion when there was an opening. Which, of course irritated my co-workers to no end.

screenshot-73.jpg?w=600&h=394
    “You don’t deserve it. Stupid vanilla!” they said.

Now, I’m not exactly known to remain silent so I took a deep breath before I went in to protection mode. “Maybe I’m just better than you, Bubble. Guess you’ll have to work harder.” His final delivering blow was low. Something about the boss feeling pity for my lack of color, father, looks and class. And of course, topping it all of with: “You’ll never be as good as him”. Him, obviously referring to my father.

screenshot-74.jpg?w=600&h=362
    screenshot-75.jpg?w=600&h=423
    Some things are just hard to take. Talking bad about my father, for instance. Or telling me there are things I can’t do. I just couldn’t take it. I didn’t even find the energy or will to reflect his words, they just sank right in under my skin. I could feel how the tip of my mouth went from widely smiling to vibrating. I had to turn around to not cry. That would have been an embarrasment worth remembering. I wouldn’t let them have that to relish.

screenshot-52.jpg?w=600&h=343
    It took me some days to get back on track after that, but when I did, I was stronger and more determined than ever. I would show them. I would succeed. They would soon learn that I was already better than my father. That I would be willing to sacrifice just as much as he had done. They would see.

screenshot-54.jpg?w=600&h=360
    Little did I know that I would get the opportunity to prove myself just a couple of days later. (What are the odds, huh?) The alarm sounded and the call sounded BIG FIRE. I knew what it meant when a fire was classified as big. It meant lives were in danger, that there were berries trapped in the burning building and that we would have to really push ourselves to the limits to succeed in the task ahead.

Our group leader, Minsk, waved his hand, motioning for us to get dressed quicker. To get on the road quicker. “Go, go, go! Big fire! Big fire! You can do this, go, go, go!”

screenshot-37.jpg?w=600&h=354
    I knew that seconds could mean the difference between life or death so I got dressed quicker than I had ever before and were in my truck, on my way before anyone else. Adrenaline pumped in my body as I drove there and I could feel my heart beating in the same rythm as the sirenes of my truck. This was the greatest adventure of my life, so far. Right then, it didn’t matter at all what color I was or that the world flashing by my windows shined with bright, vivid colors while I didn’t. All that mattered was the lives we would soon save.

screenshot-76.jpg?w=600&h=370
    I was the first to arrive at the scene and I had never seen anything like it. Big, hungry flames threw themselves out of the windows of the house and from inside I could hear berries screaming in fear of their lives. The fire crackled and sound of wood falling and breaking turned the scene in to a real emergency.

screenshot-78.jpg?w=600&h=366
    Without hesitation I pulled out the hose and started to put out the fires in the windows, knowing this would most likely be the best way for those berries inside to get out. It felt like an eternity before the water from the hose started to ease the flames. I pushed it to its limits, still trying to push it even more. I knew I wouldn’t let them die in there, I would make sure.

screenshot-79.jpg?w=600&h=407
    screenshot-80.jpg?w=600&h=361
    Sweat was dripping from my temples, running down my cheeks and my body was working beyond its limits. I knew I pushed myself hard, possibly harder than would have been possible if I hadn’t been so empowered by adrenaline. I had already managed to secure two of the windows when the rest of my group arrived at the scene.

screenshot-85.jpg?w=600&h=368
    “Check the back, I’m going in!” I yelled towards them and it didn’t matter that I was the colorless one, they obeyed and rushed towards the back of the house while I myself ran towards the door. I pulled the handle down, only to find that it was locked from the inside. I knew the seconds were ticking and as fast as I possibly could I got back to my truck, pulled out the fire axe and went back to the door.

screenshot-86.jpg?w=600&h=375
    screenshot-83.jpg?w=600&h=392
    Two powerful chops at the lock later the door gave in and I could finally make my way inside the house. Judging by the amount of smoke in the house I could once again tell we were working with tiny marginals here. I needed to do everything right. I put my hand in front of my mouth to breathe through it and moved crouched and fast through the house. It was hard to see with all the smoke blurring my vision and causing my eyes to tear up but there was no time to think about it.

“We’re coming to get you!” I yelled and listened careful after a reply. Any hint to where in the house they were would help a bunch.

screenshot-88.jpg?w=600&h=375
    “In here!” A man called and I figured he had locked himself in one of the rooms next to the one I was in. I didn’t know if there was anyone else in the house and I knew I had to make a quick decision in where to go. I decided to get the man who answered my call to safety. With a quick kick the door budged and swung open. The man was literally jumping from one foot to the other in panic with his hands waving above his head. “Help! HELP ME!” he cried out.

After getting the man out my team-leader gave me a well-deserved pat on my shoulder. “Well done Mallow” he said and smiled. “Now take some rest.” It was already dark, which meant I must have worked here for many hours. I could feel that my body was exhausted but as I looked at the house, which was still in massive flames I knew there was no time for rest. I looked around and saw that the rest of the team had also gathered around us, everybody looking after the man I had just rescued, waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

screenshot-105.jpg?w=600&h=419
    “What are you all doing here?” I wondered angry. “The house is still on fire!”

Minsk shook his head “It’s too late.”

I sighed. We had done all we could and it hadn’t been enough. The failure was devastating and as I watched the house shining in bright yellow, red and orange flames I thought to myself that Bubble had been right. I would never be as good as my father. “My brother is in there” the rescued man suddenly whispered. His voice was weak and worn out but his eyes were looking straight at me, begging me to do something. “You have to save him” he said and fell back in to silence.

I didn’t even wait a second to move but instantly felt an arm around me. “No Mallow. It’s too late. We can’t do anything.”

“WE CAN! Let go of me!” I yelled in a fierce voice. Minsk was strong when he held me but I was empowered with something beyond berries and managed to break free.

screenshot-90.jpg?w=600&h=369
    screenshot-91.jpg?w=600&h=356
    “I’M NOT LETTING HIM DIE!” I called out as I ran away. It was impossible for them to stop me but I heard them screaming after me, asking me to turn around. But I couldn’t just leave him. I had to at least try and save him. That’s what my father would have done.

---

AN: I’m sorry Marshmallow suddenly has different firefighter clothes, please don’t think about it. I couldn’t change them to what she was wearing at the actual emergency scene when I needed to take the last pic for the chapter. :(
    edited September 2012
    :thumbup:

Go Marsh!

I hope she and the other trapped Berry make it out okay :O
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    I updated the EXTRAS section by putting up download links to three of our characters. 8)
    edited September 2012

I love how you put the links in images for the downloads.
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

Looks good, doesn't it? I saw some simblr do it and decided to do the same. I will be re-working the Lord downloads to work the same way I think. :)
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

Looks good, doesn't it? I saw some simblr do it and decided to do the same. I will be re-working the Lord downloads to work the same way I think. :)

Yea, I really really love it.

Once I start uploading sims to the exchange I might do the same. x]
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    Arrowleaf wrote:

Yea, I really really love it.

Once I start uploading sims to the exchange I might do the same. x]

Go ahead! :) I guess my links should go to the Exchange here on the forums rather than the .sim files on Mediafire, though. XD