The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Cielo Ranch: Legacy and FFC - Chapter 3 (foals 2 and 3) on page 8

NOTE: I had to restart the challenge but will still use this thread. The first chapter of the restart is here.

This is a fifty foal and legacy challenge so I decided to follow the standard legacy challenge rules along with the standard FFC rules with a few exceptions(simply because in some places the rules conflict):
• In the legacy challenge only one Sim is allowed to be made in CAS, well since this is also a FFC, one horse (male or female) was also made in CAP.
• Sims can have regular, rabbithole jobs unlike in the original FFC rules.
• Lot size must be 64 x 64 like in the legacy challenge.
• My goal is both to reach generation 10 of my family and have AT LEAST 50 foals be born in game and I dedicated myself to not quitting this at any cost so I might have way more than 50 foals be born or way more than 10 generations. I must accomplish both.

Also apologies for any spelling mistakes etc - I have only lived in the UK for 6 years and knew no English before having moved here so I'm hoping my English won't give anyone a headache :D

Almost forgot...

8d79b0f5.jpg
This is Gabrielle Talbot (Young Adult, female, traits: green thumb, lucky, horse lover, angler, natural cook, LTW: Jockey), the human founder for this challenge,
22de03d4.jpg
and her horse Belle (an adult mare of no official pedigree, made by me :), traits: agile, fast, obedient), the founding mare for this challenge, she will be later replaced by another horse as I am trying out alternative 2 of the FFC.

They have just recently moved to Lucky Palms to start out fresh and new... Well, ok, so they had to move to Lucky Palms; Gabby has always been a horse lover but her parents didn’t quite agree with her passion. When she finally gathered her courage and told them that she saved up some money and bought a horse she was thrown out of her house... And so Gabrielle travelled far and wide with the newly purchased Belle until they found this lot that was within their budget and decided to settle there – it happened to be in Lucky Palms.

Foals out of Belle:

1. Libeccio, colt - sired by Zając; EC Holstein; traits: shy, neat
2. Rosa, filly - sired by Zephyr; adopted mixed breed; traits: agile, untrained, fast
3. Demeter, filly - sired by Smok; adopted mixed breed; forgot to write down the traits
4. Hera, filly - sired by S'mores Praire and Desi a Fifty Foal Challenge
5. Kora, filly - sired by Demon
6. Herakles, colt - sired by Charlie Praire and Desi a Fifty Foal Challenge
7. Celeno, filly - sired by Prometheus The Alteran Fifty Foal Challenge Version II

Foals by Herakles:

1. Menelaos, colt - out of Faith from the L&S: Fifty Foal Challenge
2. Apollo, colt out - of Cameo (adopted from pet shelter)

Extras:

1. Belle - founding mare for this challenge

Comments

• Options
    Iweta1314Iweta1314 Posts: 179 Member
    edited September 2012
    The busy beginnings

Gabby and Belle weren’t quite pleased with how the lot initially looked so just after they moved in I set out to build the very foundations of their new home... Here are the results.
    be731641.jpg
    It still wasn't much but it was enough for the very start - everything needed to train horses was there and so were all the furniture that is absolutely necessary for the sims to survive.
    Since there was nothing to do on their, still quite deserted, lot Gabrielle mounted her mare and they set out towards the Equestrian Centre (EC). Gabs wanted to waste no time waiting and decided to have Belle studded on the very day of the move.
    80e6ab98.jpg
    1fed45f0.jpg
    7cd3f3eb.jpg
    Gabby soon realised that what she learnt, at the single equestrian summer camp back when she was 12, about horses and horse riding was not enough fro her to feel fully comfortable about horse riding around the town... So as she was making her way through the town her facial expression was screaming “I do not want to do this!”
    6dba55b5.jpg
    a4a97256.jpg
    After almost half of the day the girls managed to get to the EC. There, after much consideration Gabby chose to stud Belle with Zając, a beautiful Holstein stallion who was quite shy but very neat...
    888bd9aa.jpg
    After the procedure Gabby sent her mare home for some well deserved rest whilst she stayed at the EC and took a horse riding lesson.
    73153f1a.jpg
    However before doing so she made a phone call to the local pet shelter.
    1f34b36c.jpg
    She decided to adopt a little colt named Zephyr, the lady from the shelter said he was agile and fast but was also likely to need some training when he grows up, he also seemed to have wonderful markings.
    She was told that the foal will be dropped off on her property soon and sure enough the little colt was there just before Belle arrived home from the EC.
    e6f7f6eb.jpg
    Unfortunately the little boy turned out to be almost an exact copy of our Belle (which forced me to edit him in CAP once he grew up).
    Some time later Gabs got out of the EC. Seeing that it is getting dark she decided to take a cab home.
    6676ca02.jpg
    Zephyr was the first thing that Gabs saw after getting out of the cab, even though it was dark and the colt was sleeping she could clearly see how much his looks resembled those of her mare... At that point she wasn't really hopeful about the genetics in her future breeding business...
    8d8712df.jpg
    Gabby quickly realised that Belle did not have any food as yet and very quickly set out to spread some hay for her. Just as she finished she heard quiet whining, turning around she saw it was Zephyr so she rushed inside and prepared some formula for the little colt.
    a48163be.jpg
    6a67fbc7.jpg
    Done with all this Gabrielle had a quick dinner and settled to sleep. Meanwhile Belle decided to get to know her mini-me :)
    1ca00f62.jpg
    fc36da43.jpg
    947e7aba.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2012
    Very nice start! I really look forward to seeing how your foals turn out, and how your legacy goes :D . Good luck!
    Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
    Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    An uneventful day

When the morning arrived the horses still seemed to be in the same place. Belle seemed very interested in the little colt - almost like she didn't know what to make of their resemblance to each other :)
    dd23c239.jpg
    82e73cf0.jpg
    Since he and Belle had barely any that night Zephyr decided to try out the stall and he immediately fell asleep. Meanwhile Belle just wandered around the farm tending to her needs.
    e2e2d2c2.jpg
    e30a75aa.jpg
    13336a1f.jpg
    65f72169.jpg
    Soon after Gabby got up, and after taking a quick shower, she headed off to the City Hall (CH) to officially register as a horsewoman.
    7d1214e2.jpg
    07d16ca0.jpg
    3496694a.jpg
    2a23f326.jpg
    77ae13f1.jpg
    On her way home Gabrielle decided to drop by the local bookstore to get some books on horses, horse breeding and riding and similar stuff...
    9a1c2d1d.jpg
    bfa479cb.jpg
    Then she was on her way home, just after making a mystery phone call, throughout all this time both the horses were asleep in their stall.
    67f451b0.jpg
    e4f10d71.jpg
    a3075e11.jpg
    Since it was already getting late Gabrielle rushed over to sort the horses out before tending to herself. First off she fed the little colt some formula, he seemed really hungry after sleeping the whole night through and drank the whole bottle in no time. Then she gave him a good brush, and just as Belle was helping herself to some hay Gabby gave the little colt TLC.
    cccd37c8.jpg
    9c1e4dab.jpg
    bb59dfb1.jpg
    71e06546.jpg
    5e895f1c.jpg
    b5318b9b.jpga1742f1e.jpg
    When the little foal run off Gabby decided to have a quick meal seeing that her mare is also busy, enjoying a sip of water, at least for the moment.1154a5f4.jpg
    d6d05864.jpg
    a9d45768.jpg
    Having rushed her meal, Gabby went back outside to sort out a few last things, but whilst spreading the hay all that she could think of was sleep... The poor girl then remembered that she still has to pay the bills.
    df818ac7.jpg
    0c8c0120.jpg
    When Gabrielle finally headed home Belle was training and little Zephyr run around. Oh, also Belle's pregnancy has been confirmed! Foal #1 on the way.
    4bbdc386.jpg
    Gabby slipped into her bed with her head still full of her horses.
    c1c30496.jpg

madhu_vati: Thank you, I have already got two foals but only managed to start putting the story up yesterday so they will appear shortly - foal 3 is also in the making but it will take some time before it comes around to be :) Thanks for the good luck as well - I will probably need it soon, with the start of uni and that :) for now I have decided to have as much sims time as I can before the course starts because I don't know how much time I will have after it happens...
  • Options
    DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited August 2012
    Nice. :) Bookmarked!
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you Dweiathecat, I've gpt your challenge bookmarked to for quite some time but couldn't post any comments due to rubbish internet connection on my holiday... :/ I was lucky if I actually managed to read anything :(

Anyway - I am finnaly getting to the first foal in my updates so I'm really excited but it really isn't that special looking a foal... But I love it - fighting hard to call the foal it to not give away the gender :D

Also decided to speed this up a little by posting two chapters at once so here we go :)

A Friend for Little Zephyr

When the sun came around it was greeted by Belle, who was still working hard on her racing skill, and little Zephyr who was curiously watching the mare.
    830c9de4.jpg
    1cec6f6c.jpg
    Meanwhile Gabby was just starting to stir in her bed and consider waking up...
    89e2526b.jpg
    But she quickly remembered that the ranch needs to be sorted out and in no time she was eating her cereal, whilst Belle still trained and Zephyr now a little hungry still watched her closely.
    7f75ef77.jpg
    dc378fe7.jpg
    With her mouth still full of the cereal Gabrielle rushed outside to feed her little colt and show him how much she loves him.
    8f069dab.jpg
    d79c80ae.jpg
    After a quick glance at Belle, to make sure she wasn't going into labour just yet, Gabby headed back into the house to enjoy one of her books about horse riding.
    c34ec638.jpg
    It wasn't long though before she heard whining coming from the outside. When she reached the stall however the little foal had already made its way into this world.

It's a colt!

Meet Libeccio...
    f6b439a3.jpg
    6258fc69.jpg
    And some more pics of the newest addition to the Talbot family...
    d40db342.jpg
    c9aa3e35.jpg
    77e1125e.jpg
    Having made sure both mommy and colt are all good Gabrielle went back inside to continue her read, but now she was proud like never before of her wonderful Belle!
    ee2e9665.jpg
    34f3b6a5.jpg
    It was this probably that helped her understand a little more of what she was reading...
    In the meantime the two little colts were very curious of each other. Eventually Libeccio worked up his courage and walked over to Zephyr. First both of the colts were a little cautious... [sniff] [sniff]
    c923d90e.jpg
    But in no time the duo was going wild!
    a0cde73b.jpg
    5bbd1110.jpg
    0ad74adc.jpg
    7b0c6e98.jpg
    481d3e0e.jpg
    bd1c836a.jpg
    And as Gabby headed out to feed Zephyr she couldn't help but smile to herself seeing the two boys playing together! When Belle took over to show her son some affection Gabs stepped in and quickly fed the other foal...
    5e20501c.jpg
    1462361f.jpg
    27da43c9.jpg
    Soon after Gabby hit the bed early, deciding she needed some rest after this day. The horses on the other hand had no intentions of going to sleep. Belle enjoyed trying her strengths on the jumping trainers (or whatever those little things were called - the game on my laptop is in Polish and the names are totally different :/) whilst the two colts just wandered around the ranch...
    8c2dd5fc.jpg

A Small Change

As the sun came up the next day it was greeted by the sight of three sleeping horses. Poor Zephyr had to sleep on the ground, outside the stall... The poor colt felt a little lonely, he knew Gabrielle couldn't sleep with him and Belle had to sleep with her little son...
    1bf5dbfd.jpg
    f8aacd88.jpg
    a30c9ac1.jpg
    Not long after the sun's come up however Gabrielle was on her feet. She showered and had a quick breakfast just as Libeccio was having his.
    35c396eb.jpg
    3979624e.jpg
    ee1c6625.jpg
    When he was full he went into the stall, leaving Belle free to have her breakfast. Just as she was having it Gabby was feeding Zephyr too.
    94051cad.jpg
    4c82cf17.jpg
    But Libeccio seemed unsure of what he really wants to do - before Zephyr managed to finish his bottle the other colt was out of the stall and curiously staring at his mother...
    ee03302f.jpg
    After her meal Belle went over to the water trough she was a little confused when she saw Gabby entering the stall. It turned out the human needed to spread some new hay in the stall which Belle really appreciated.
    91048c71.jpg
    ca23db37.jpg
    2f8c820f.jpg
    Meanwhile the two colts were playing with each other yet again.
    6782f483.jpg
    Since the youngsters were occupied Gabs decided that it was time for Belle to continue her training so she mounted her mare, with slight difficulty and a moment of wild screams about the horse's head being missing and such...
    3bbfd70a.jpg
    b627cda2.jpg
    15587a68.jpg
    c0150793.jpg
    512ec61f.jpg
    And when she finally sat the right way around she directed Belle towards the training grounds.
    They run, and run and run.
    d29f0714.jpg
    6b4c2590.jpg68e2e979.jpg
    be9711b8.jpg
    cfcde017.jpg
    Thankfully Gabby's riding skill was now at a decent level and she didn't mind the long journey that much, she actually found it quite enjoyable.
    Though she enjoyed herself Gabby had a sore bottom by the time she managed to get to the training grounds with her mare. The later had a bit of a backache too but they both were determined to do some more training regardless.
    34055b7f.jpg
    1aea44f4.jpg
    The obstacles were a bit too great a challenge for the tired horse and her rider and after a few attempts at the course Gabrielle decided to head back home and let her mare have some well deserved rest.
    0652f7d9.jpg
    7146f1c2.jpg
    And again Gabby enjoyed the ride regardless of being tired, though it was hard work Gabby was happy to now see that her decisions were not as reckless as her parents always told her.
    c701c95e.jpg
    d573c91a.jpg
    Just as Belle set her hoof on their lot the girls were approached by, a rather angry, Zephyr. He seemed to be trying to let Gabby know how awful it was when both her and Belle were away and only agreed to quieten down when Gabrielle brought a bottle for him.
    df26659f.jpg
    Belle on the other hand was approached by Libeccio who, without making a single sound sound, quickly took to satisfy his hunger... At the same time Gabby was 'enjoying' some juice for her dinner...
    e214331c.jpg
    6233739b.jpg
    Zephyr was long asleep when Belle finally got to satisfy her hunger and thirst. Just as she was doing so Libeccio also settled for some sleep.
    f8619c40.jpg
    156c919c.jpg
    Before long Belle joined her little colt and quickly fell asleep in her stall too.
    bd389cca.jpg
    By this time Gabby was already sleeping and all she could dream of was her horses!
    faffc0a4.jpg
  • Options
    malsq9malsq9 Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2012
    Love it! The first foal is beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Got you bookmarked! :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012

malsq9: thank you :) I have to say I do love the first foal :) his younger sister turned out to be a mummy clone so so far he looks like the one to take over from Belle but I hope some more interesting foals show up before the time comes :)

Love Is In The Air

Something didn't feel quite the same that day. Regardless, as soon as he woke up Libeccio still run around and played as he always did. Having woken up Gabby also started on her usual, morning routine, taking her usual quick shower and having some cereal...
    a8c05a37.jpg
    201e630d.jpg
    aaf7057d.jpg
    18994eef.jpg
    c392d493.jpg
    775c0000.jpg
    Having finished her breakfast Gabrielle headed out to tend to her horses, but she stopped a little confused when she saw a maid. She quickly remembered that she hired one yesterday and decided to chat to him a little since by now she was starting to miss human company.
    d9d0093a.jpg
    It seemed she wasn't the only one interested in the Sim though. Not long after she reached the maid she was joined by the two little colts who decided to listen in to their owner's conversation.
    e1ee9300.jpg
    With nothing to talk about she chose to comment on the weather in Lucky Palms (which reminded me of TS3 Seasons which was announced the day before I got this far in my challenge... Made me think my Sims are as excited for this pack as I am xDD)but the maid seemed to be enjoying the conversation. Gabby seemed to be enjoying it too and she certainly liked the new maid more and more with every minute.
    7327ec47.jpg
    5e94298b.jpg
    Meanwhile the colts engaged in their own conversation both agreeing that they hate chicken...
    326f1611.jpg
    6242dff8.jpg
    Then Gabs made a sudden decision and gave the maid some flowers. A little shocked, he accepted them and stuttering tried to tell her that the flowers are as pretty as she is.
    207556b2.jpg
    Then, as Zephyr repeatedly told the world how much he hates chicken (he sure is a stubborn horse :) ), Gabrielle gave the maid a massage under the excuse that "he does such hard work".
    55078f5c.jpg
    Meanwhile Libeccio nursed from his mum totally oblivious to his owner's new romantic interest..
    910c3438.jpg
    ddced369.jpg
    It wasn't long before Gabrielle kissed the maid for the first time, thinking about how fast things move...
    a35630f8.jpg
    The only comment Zephyr had for that was how much he hates chicken (I told you he's stubborn o.O).
    6bab24e2.jpg
    Unfortunately Gabrielle knew it was getting late and she had to say goodbye to the maid since she did nothing on the ranch that day. So after the quick goodbye she set off to work starting with feeding Zephyr his last bottle...
    811a9ae8.jpg
    3db4cab6.jpg
    He didn't drink much as it was time for his birthday and as he was about to grow up Gabby was still thinking about Julian, the maid.
    791d65d0.jpg
    eb32dd02.jpg
    Since Zephyr still looked just like Belle when he grew up he got a quick make over... He's the brown and white one, enjoying his first solid meal ever in this picture.
    4c9ebbdd.jpg
    While Gabs got ready for sleep, Zephyr decided to try his strength with Belle.9458f18b.jpg
    6d0e64c2.jpg
    3b257b4e.jpg
    After some nuzzling and grooming the horses got to know each other much better...
    07d40e91.jpg
    2548c5a6.jpg
    Then the ranch settled in to sleep.
    545ae3c1.jpg
    e6d5e5f1.jpg

Sudden Decisions

The following morning the horses were getting to know each other better again, before Gabrielle was even out of her bed.
    ec393484.jpg
    9876c085.jpg
    Unfortunately just after Gabby got up she was greeted by a rather unpleasant smell... Following her nose she quickly found that it came from the toilet which must have broken, so without hesitation she took out the tools and started repairing it.
    f8a20b8f.jpg
    She was still doing this, completely forgetting that she was still wearing only her PJs, when the maid came.
    fe2e3c9d.jpg
    Meanwhile Belle was nursing her little colt while Zephyr caught up on sleep.
    9033c8ae.jpg
    1aec9867.jpg
    Having finally repaired the toilet Gabrielle rushed outside to spread some hay for the horses.
    4b23fc1f.jpg
    Then she looked around trying to find Julian, her hopes high that he likes her as much as she likes him.
    She soon found him outside but still on the ranch. She decided to start it off easy and asked him to tell something about himself.
    b68146b2.jpg
    At the same time Zephyr was grooming Belle, leaving Libeccio to tend to himself. Not much time passed before they were trying for a foal yet again...
    32dfb9f1.jpg
    Whilst Gabby was sweet talking Julian the little colt decided to let them know something about a syrup. Unfortunately his Sim was too busy to notice anything... So Libeccio decided to leave the two Sim alone.
    654d2b0c.jpg
    d9f90c8b.jpg
    e514c17a.jpg
    After all the sweet talking, whispering in the ear and a massage Gabrielle decided to take the risk. She knew it is very sudden but she also knew that she never felt like this before. Very nervous she asked Julian to go steady with her and she was jumping in joy when he agreed.
    9b807c32.jpg
    After a passionate kiss...
    c1f21303.jpg
    c872200d.jpg
    Gabby decided to risk it again...
    93bdb5da.jpg
    And she after another few minutes she was engaged!
    9525852f.jpg
    d2b9d898.jpg
    After a few more kisses, massages and similar interactions Gabrielle thought that since they've already gone this far then why not...
    ac5aa7f1.jpg
    ab17e1d4.jpg
    15fdac39.jpg
    a2206826.jpg
    Having explained to Julian that her only family are her horses and she knows no one in Lucky Palms apart from him Gabs asked if he would mind if they had a private wedding. She was surprised to find out he only moved here too and had no friends yet and he did not want to speak of his family at all.
    Having heard that Gabby had only one more question for Julian. Now slightly more confident, she asked him if he would mind having the wedding right there and then. She couldn't believe her luck when he agreed.
    f37f7cca.jpg
    e3e09240.jpg
    Overjoyed and excited she did not oppose when Julian dragged her to their bedroom to enjoy ad he said "their first wedded night".
    729d911e.jpg
    64a14a3b.jpg
    3e91b125.jpg
    c8859492.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Aww. Love it! XD And the kids will 'make no messes' now. ;D

...Hey. Marrying the maid. Hmmm. Something for Temeraire maybe... ;)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Dwei - I actually did not have that in mind initially, it was just that she needed some help around the ranch and I wanted to bring the next generation in before there is too many horses so when Gabs hired a maid and he turned out to be pretty nice looking (had no traits whatsoever for some reason, had to do that myself) I got Gabrielle to talk to him and the rest is visible in the previous post :D but once they got married I remembered about the no messes thing and I can't say it's not convenient xDD Oh, and I can't wait for another update to your challenge :)

Also the foal thing was a false alarm xDD I just got the sim-days mixed up and now realised that the foal was only conceived on the next sim-day :)

A Growing Ranch

Zephyr was out and working on his jumping skill from very early hours of the morning. Just a short while later Belle was woken up by a hungry Libeccio. Gabrielle woke soon after, feeling a little queasy though...
    daab9f66.jpg
    fe25167f.jpg
    dd2e2c8a.jpg
    4d3691f2.jpg
    c0a3bc04.jpg
    As Zephyr, now a little sweaty, decided to talk to Belle. (sometimes I think that he thought he was human the way he behaved - work out and go flirt with the girl xDD) After some talking Belle decided to give him a good groom and soon enough they were getting to know each other better again...
    79d9b383.jpg
    ebfd6bd5.jpg
    105bfb46.jpg
    f98aa437.jpg
    Meanwhile inside Gabrielle was taking a quick shower and was terribly hungry. She completely forgotten about her morning queasiness... Just as she was doing so Julian made some autumn salad for breakfast.
    4cbbfcf0.jpg
    ef7a9e08.jpg
    Having eaten the salad Gabrielle was haunted by a sudden suspicion that the veggies she had in her fridge might have been spoilt as she dashed for the bathroom door...
    f6253221.jpg
    On top of the weird queasiness that was coming and going throughout the day, Gabrielle also felt a little more emotional that day. Almost like a teenager again, feeling sudden urges of passion whenever Julian walked by... A fair few of those ended in a pretty predictable way...
    1ebdf159.jpg
    8719eb8f.jpg
    Meanwhile outside the horses were just having a slow, relaxed day...
    30788378.jpg
    510b80dc.jpg
    Overcome by another one of those urges, Gabby decided to join Julian in the shower, with the excuse of saving water...
    a427c30c.jpg
    f5eeaee7.jpg
    d4672e63.jpg
    After all he's seen that day Julian was becoming more and more suspicious of what might be going on with his wife, so without hesitation he called a cab and, whilst on his way to a job interview, he bought a few pregnancy tests, meaning to leave them somewhere in the bathroom.
    ee42c767.jpg
    2119c08e.jpg
    Back at home Libeccio aged up into a wonderful stallion, though with most or even all of mommy's markings he still had a little of his father in him! (Sorry for the dark pictures but they don't have that much money so there is little lighting in the garden)
    01e3df4d.jpg
    fd68855c.jpg
    8c3b84a3.jpg
    aa8ea2d6.jpg
    Meanwhile having carried out his plan as soon as he was back home Julian decided to join Gabrielle, who was reading a book on horses. Taking one of Gabby's old, less advanced books Julian decided to start his adventure with these powerful creatures with a little theory first...
    17bcb758.jpg
    Meanwhile outside, whilst Libeccio slept, Belle and Zephyr got some private time again and before long they tried for a foal again. This time with success so foal # 2 on the way!
    4f431116.jpg
    44eeb192.jpg
    Soon after that, the horses on the ranch slowly settled in for some sleep, and once more they were one stall short...
    16c3c7db.jpg
    d4fde2b6.jpg
    Back inside Gabrielle had a sudden come back of nausea. Whilst in the bathroom she spotted a pregnancy test had magically appeared on the sink, seeing it made Gabrielle a little suspicious of what the whole thing may be about...
    5240c7ca.jpg
    396c7011.jpg
    A little wary Gabby decided to take the test and it turned out that there is a baby on the way. "Now this will be a busy ranch now" she whispered to herself, still not quite believing that she got pregnant on her first married night...

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Wait... Julian?!

I thought that maid looked familiar! It's Julian Simmons right? Right?!

Oh, the hilarity.
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It might be... When I was writing up the updates I actually did not even remember his name so in my Word document he appeared as [name] xDD he had a pretty big nose which has gotten corrected and in one of the updates they manage to get themselves a dresser and he finally gets a makeover... What's the hilarity though...?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Iweta1314 wrote:
    It might be... When I was writing up the updates I actually did not even remember his name so in my Word document he appeared as [name] xDD he had a pretty big nose which has gotten corrected and in one of the updates they manage to get themselves a dresser and he finally gets a makeover... What's the hilarity though...?

He happens to be Temeraires maid. ;) My plan on marrying the maid backfired you see... I'm calling him Julie though. ;)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well you can always fire him and try and hire another maid... Maybe the next will be a female. By the way, simply out of curiosity... Do you just live in Sweden or are you originally from there because the names you gave Temeraire and Iskierka make me think I know what book you read if you happen to know Polish...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We'll see. I kinda like him. ;)

Yup. *points at location*

<----Never lived elsewhere. :)

Edit: I wish they had dragons in TheSims3. Love them. X)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I do too :) they were pretty cool back in TS1 and I read a lot of fantasy books... Including the Temeraire series :) but I'm waiting for the most current book to come out in Polish...
    And I never knew Iskierka's name is the same even in the English books... Just to explain myself - Iskierka means sparkle in Polish but I forgot the author has a Polish mother... I feel really silly now... o.O

And dragons are really cool ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Iweta1314 wrote:
    I do too :) they were pretty cool back in TS1 and I read a lot of fantasy books... Including the Temeraire series :) but I'm waiting for the most current book to come out in Polish...
    And I never knew Iskierka's name is the same even in the English books... Just to explain myself - Iskierka means sparkle in Polish but I forgot the author has a Polish mother... I feel really silly now... o.O

And dragons are really cool ;)

I never played TS1. I Started with TS2... So I never got to see them. :(
    It's the same in the Swedish books too. Don't know much about the author... other than the fact that she writes fanfiction... :P
    Currently on a library list waiting for the latest book(in English). It's taking ages. -.-

I wish I was a dragon. :(
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Being a dragon would be nice :) especially one like Temeraire but with my character I'd probably be more like Iskierka :) hehe
    And I could read the book in English but I've read all the previous ones in Polish and own them all so will wait until it's released in Poland... But in the mean time I have a lot of other books awaiting my attention xDD like Stephen King's books :) I love fantasy but I would also die for a good horror book :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Iweta1314 wrote:
    Being a dragon would be nice :) especially one like Temeraire but with my character I'd probably be more like Iskierka :) hehe
    And I could read the book in English but I've read all the previous ones in Polish and own them all so will wait until it's released in Poland... But in the mean time I have a lot of other books awaiting my attention xDD like Stephen King's books :) I love fantasy but I would also die for a good horror book :)

I don't know which one I would be like. Probably one of the calmer ones. ^^' You mentioned one of my foals in your challenge btw... Any hints? ^^
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I plan to have Quahtli, Prometheus and Itzlcoatl (I hope I spelt it right) bred to Belle but one of them might be changed to Ianos or Dionysus coz I just love them all :D but didn't get that far in the gameplay...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Iweta1314 wrote:
    I plan to have Quahtli, Prometheus and Itzlcoatl (I hope I spelt it right) bred to Belle but one of them might be changed to Ianos or Dionysus coz I just love them all :D but didn't get that far in the gameplay...

It's Quauhtli and Itzcoatl. You can change the sex of my mares too if you want. ^^
    *votes for Quauhtli and Dionysus* Though Ianos line is looong... I mean...

*Cough* Ianus is the son of Anacaona and Lucky.
    Anacaonas parents and grandparents you know.
    Lucky is the son of Cheetah and Kuon.
    Kuon was born in my original challenge and his parents was the founder Janus and the mare Kyoko.

Ianos is the greek version of Janus btw. ;)

Big family tree huh? ^^ And his grandmother Quincy still lives in my ISBI where her line will continue even further. ;D
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I might use Quauhtli, Itzcoatl and Prometheus and use Ianus in another generation :) as for the mares they probably won't be undergoing any sex changes as I will do the challenge so that a stud takes over from Belle and then a mare from him and etc.... So far not much luck with the heir though as out of the three foals two are fillies... I know it's a give away but oh well...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    A Relaxed Time (Or Not)

Exhausted after the night’s sickness Gabby slept through the normal time she would have gotten up at, so Julian decided to sort out all that needed to be sorted out on the ranch. So as the horses were just starting to wake up Julian was already in a taxi and on his way to the book store and groceries. Whilst at the latter Julian saw some beautiful wild horses.
    3dd22950.jpg
    05d45976.jpg
    8629569a.jpg
    9559f80d.jpg
    bec0f6eb.jpg
    When he got home he picked up some congratulations letters from the mailbox and went back inside for some breakfast.
    888141aa.jpg
    As he was writing thank you notes in response to the received letters Gabs told him that she was pregnant and though not surprised he was a hell of a happy father and wrote on with a big smile on his face. Gabby was just standing there munching on a watermelon.
    a918d08b.jpg
    a414b21e.jpg
    cf7d19c4.jpg
    As the horses were training outside Gabs and Julian decided to read a little about pregnancies and babies over the unfinished breakfast.
    4a9d4ac9.jpg
    5a974b54.jpg
    552af3a7.jpg
    Deciding that she’s had enough reading for the day Gabrielle went outside to try to bond with Libeccio a little more. She told him about her pregnancy whilst cleaning his hooves and brushing him. She hoped he understood more from it than she did from what he was saying back to her...Meanwhile Zephyr and Belle slept in their stalls.
    b7b77d0e.jpg
    1a3f3619.jpg
    74812981.jpg
    c953fab2.jpg
    ef90c9a0.jpg
    db1742be.jpg
    At that same time the other horses were sleeping.
    ad49167c.jpg
    “You’re such a handsome young stallion, boy” Gabs said to Libeccio deciding to spend some more time with him “Maybe you’ll help me out after your mum, huh?” at this he gave a little nod and Gabs laughed.
    c352d3db.jpg
    613445d4.jpg
    When Gabs went back inside, as quietly as she could, she found that Julian wasn’t sleeping yet and was actually still reading that book about horse riding, so she ate another watermelon (“**** those cravings! But that watermelon looks so tempting...” was all Gabs could think of at the time) and headed back outside to start a little garden.
    f23e6ad7.jpg
    330309de.jpg
    b59ef035.jpg
    4a00af7c.jpg
    Whilst Libeccio was working on his jumps and Belle trained to improve her racing skill...
    fdf107d1.jpg
    2ea782c7.jpg
    e8f28e59.jpg
    Gabs decided to read some more herself as Julian was getting ready to sleep.
    8dd93f63.jpg
    bb7e3d43.jpg
    Meanwhile outside Zephyr and Belle ate and drank and when he was done Zephyr set out to improve his jumps some more.
    2702aa78.jpg
    c823618e.jpg
    d6ccb036.jpg
    a763833c.jpg
    And inside Gabby was still reading even though Julian had fallen asleep already. Soon after she had one more watermelon and went to sleep to dream about her horses.
    d595d89b.jpg
    e1dbff21.jpg
    1060e2ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mmmm. Watermelons. X)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    ulightupmylifeulightupmylife Posts: 422
    edited August 2012
    I didn't read the last too update kinda busy but i will read them soon
    And if you don't mind of updating me on my page whenever you got update up i will be so happy because i'm kinda busy with my stables and my FFC so i don't check everyday but i will check from time to time
    Bookmarked :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @Dweia - I normally play the matriarchal alternative of legacy challenge but it's harder to just wait it out until a girl comes along "naturally" when new foals must be born that often to keep the challenge going so yes - mad cravings for watermelons ;P

@ulightupmylife - sure, I'll let you know whenever an update is posted :D I've got you bookmarked as well btw :)

Changes on the Ranch

As Gabs was dreaming about their unborn baby Julian was getting ready to work.
    bf7f60c5.jpg
    be7b5916.jpg
    When she finally got up Julian was gone so instead of having a proper breakfast she had another watermelon again (yes, I do want a girl – playing a matriarchal legacy in the end).
    5fc9b96f.jpg
    86bc1836.jpg
    By this time a little fed up of doing nothing Gabrielle decided that she cannot go on like that for much longer, especially that Julian now had a full-time job in the City Hall and so had less time to help out on the ranch.
    When she headed towards the stalls the horses were minding their own business but seemed happy to finally have her visit them again. She filled up the water trough and luckily enough she did not understand Zephyr who was telling the other horses she looked big enough to carry twins...
    d2c67e3d.jpg
    9c3e8afe.jpg
    157f6046.jpg
    As Belle and Libeccio were enjoying some fresh water Gabby took Zephyr to the EC. Sadly it was time to say goodbye to him, as his foal was due anytime now.Having him stud a mare at the EC for some income Gabby sold Zephyr to a breeder who lived in Appaloosa Plains.
    e4bff11f.jpg
    9d1c66c1.jpg
    0a757dd7.jpg
    7efd76f1.jpg
    Whilst she was at the EC Gabby noticed a beautiful brown horse. He was young but had severe trust issues due to being abused as a foal. Gabs felt really touched by his story and decided to adopt him knowing full well that the EC worker wasn’t joking when he said this horse won’t be good whilst being trained... Regardless she bought the handsome young stallion with a full knowledge of the problems that might pop up whilst training him.
    98ad96e3.jpg
    740703d1.jpg
    6f4faa47.jpg
    Back home Gabrielle left Smok free to roam the lot with the other two horses so that he could relax before she started to deal with him and his issues. She paid the bills whilst Smok stood and observed Belle and Libeccio. Soon after he decided to have some hay rather than disturb the horses both of which were training right then.
    ba6dc111.jpg
    746b20c5.jpg
    5ebe0ccb.jpg
    f60e8fcc.jpg
    112968a4.jpg
    db92d832.jpg
    e6d0d28e.jpg
    Inside the house Gabs was already sleeping whilst Julian read another pregnancy book. When Gabby woke up he was practising some speech in front of the mirror so she decided against disturbing him and went outside and tended her little garden.
    d731c9ca.jpg
    85f411d7.jpg
    5e34cd67.jpg
    82511e86.jpg
    3bc59082.jpg
    After all the hard work Gabrielle felt that having some watermelon was in order.
    67fe7430.jpg
    Libeccio and Belle were still up and were having their dinner when a scream broke through the night...
    9e084c57.jpg
    b3b72382.jpg
    “Help! Someone, anyone, please help!” Julian totally lost his head when Gabs told him that she went into labour.
    9e33c71e.jpg
    “Stop it for Christ’s sake! I’m the one going into labour right here!” it seemed that the labour pains were making Gabby quite irritable, “I’ll have it here – no need to waste time and money to get to the hospital.” She said to Julian and then added more to herself “I mean if Belle could do it on her own so can I, can’t I?”
    9e33c71e.jpg
    819ad66c.jpg
    3e9f3204.jpg
    d98b152a.jpg
    c573485d.jpg
    92cd51f9.jpg
    The contractions seemed to be taking forever so Gabby told Julian to make sure the house is clean for the arrival of the child. To be honest though she did it so that he (and the panicky atmosphere that surrounded him) is out of the room she was giving birth in.
    69a25c32.jpg
    8368dc04.jpg
    c8519a21.jpg
    Soon after that little Pandora arrived, Gabs gave her a bottle straight away and then put her in the newly purchase swinging chair.
    0bf76e24.jpg
    ed68fc28.jpg
    cce161d0.jpg
    52f55b5e.jpg
    1451f475.jpg
    0abab11b.jpg
    7f3e09de.jpg
    82a79ad4.jpg
    47c8a70e.jpg
    Btw, yes the house was expanded during the labour so that the bedroom is now a separate room.

Oh and sorry for the amount of birth pictures - I just love the sims' facial expressions when they give birth xD