Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding Lucky Palms trees & plants

I've been working on a Southwestern US world, here's a link to the thread here:http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/548028.page, and I also have Lucky Palms which has trees & plants I'd love to use, but are the trees going to transfer to the world if someone downloads it who doesn't have Lucky Palms?

I know the trees from Lunar Lakes showed up in my CAW from a patch, but I haven't patched to the latest patch (can't), and I have Lucky Palms so I've got the trees & plants.

And if the trees don't transfer to the world without Lucky Palms, which trees will the Lucky Palms trees be replaced with if any? I'd hate for someone to download the world and then see all the trees replaced with maybe a cherry tree, it just wouldn't fit the theme :D

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, :D

There hasn't been an update with any plants from LP. I don't know if 1.36 will have any trees. It's got a list but nothing about any trees.

So, yes. They'll have to have LP installed or they'll get a lot of Oat trees. Large Oak trees.
    (If it's the still the same)
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2012

Thanks Rflong, I guess I'll stick with the shrub trees and Buckthorns that I've got in there then.
    I just don't understand the reasoning on this one, we get the trees that came with Lunar Lakes but not the trees from Lucky Palms. Maybe they'll come out on a patch yet :roll:

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi Sneak :D

In the chat, they said that the only way to get the plants/trees is to have the world, no patch will include them, sadly :(

I was wondering though, didn't Stw unlock the LL portals for worlds? Or am I wrong...? I think EA have become far too sly; they saw how many people liked the LL trees and we got them for free. No doubt we would like the LP flora, too, as it's the first of its kind in this game. So, the only way you'll get them is to pay - whether you want the actual world or not ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2012
    The LL trees had a dual purpose - the LP trees do not. The LL trees would also work well in a fairy world and EA knew they were making an ep with Fairies so that way they don't have to including fairy trees in a more Supernatural pack. It was the first thing I said when I saw those trees well before we got LL, is I thought they were fairy trees and guessed we were getting a Fairy world. Was I ever surprised it was an alien world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2012
    Conor, Stw did unlock some of the portals, I don't recall if he did all of them, but the Equestrian one for sure and a few others.

I guess I will definately keep the Lucky Palms items out of this world, but I'll just do a version for myself with the Lucky Palms items.

Thanks all! :D