Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spawners not working as they should?

I was wondering if someone could lend some advice to me here. I've got a version of my world out for people to playtest, and a few of my testers have been having trouble with spawners. Items such as fish and seeds are spawning well enough, but one of my testers has been playing for 7 Sim weeks and still is yet to come across that many butterflies, metals, etc. Also, I placed around 7 or 8 spawners in one place but I'm not seeing the collectible horde I'd hoped for. Some testers have reported only one item spawning at a time.

I've since added lots more spawners, but these were my totals at the time of me releasing the current beta version:

24 spawners for butterflies
32 spawners for beetles
16 spawners for gems
11 spawners for metals
0 spawners for meteorites (I wasn't sure what the meteor spawners were for)
17 spawners for fish
33 spawners for seeds

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2012
    Are all the spawners in CAW? Or are many of them on lots?

Its seems like a lot of butterflies,seeds,beetles, but not many gems or metals. Im assuming this is a large world?

Ive never tried making a 'hoard' of gem/metal spawners, not sure how that would work.

I have seen some gem/metal spawners take a very long time to start working, but 7 game-weeks is a bit much.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2012
    There are some additional spawners on lots that seem to work fine, but the counts I posted were just the ones I placed in CAW.

Yes, this is a large world. I've added lots more gem, metal and meteorite spawners but I just wanted to post the totals as they came with the beta.

By hoard, I just meant I placed 7 or 8 high value spawners by a mine. Nothing special, just wanted a place for collectors to go crazy.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would ask if your testers are using mods as some mods are known to interfere with things like spawners, some controll when these things can spawn in relation with how much has already spawned. Also if you have too many spawner there are going to be lag and freezing if the testers are using things like Twallen Master Controller and SP - not sure about Awesomemods controll of those kind of things, but Twallans will see a potential for problems in the game and may cut down on allowing the game to mass produce them like that. By the way, the meteor spawners are for rocks that sims collect and analyse.

I have no problem collecting everything in Rflongs worlds and she never puts in more than 1-2 of each spawner - so those are things to think about and ask your testers. I have a rule for me when testing a world to never use mods other than sometimes Error trap if I start getting too many hesitations in a world and can't find the source - ET sometimes finds the problem - but any other mods in a persons game is not going to give the tester a true picture of how the world actually really plays. So I would suggest you ask them if they have mods and if they can't remove their mods folders and clean their caches before testing your world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....