Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Order from Origin - Exclusive content gone??

On June 13th there were TWO exclusive content incentives for pre-ordering Supernatural:

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION CONTENT PACK:
Preorder The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition and receive exclusive content from the world of Plants vs Zombies, including new outfits and a working Peashooter!

Peashooter – This steadfast ally is ready to defend your house from zombified Sims and other unsavory characters like burglars and repo men! It actually shoots peas at unwanted guests!

Ripped Zombie Suit Outfit – Dress your male or female Sim in the classic zombie attire from PvZ.

Newspaper Zombie Suit Outfit – There’s nothing quite as terrifying as loud boxers and sock garters. Dress your male or female Sim up as the newspaper zombie from PvZ.

Cone and Bucket hats – Those pesky zombies might have worn these objects for protection, but they also make a bold fashion statement. Deck your male or female Sim out in this hilarious headgear.

EXCLUSIVE ORIGIN DÉCOR PACK:
Order The Sims 3 Supernatural at Origin.com and receive these exclusive Plants vs Zombies décor items to add some creepy flare to your Sims’ homes!

Plantern lamp – This unique item looks just like the planterns that keep the fog at bay in the Plants vs Zombies game. Use it to light your Sim’s house or yard!

Wall-nut sculpture – Nothing says “get off my lawn” like an angry-eyed wall-nut. Place one at a time, or put down a whole row as a fence.

Zombie gnome sculpture – The iconic undead garden gnome from PvZ can grace your Sim’s house or garden.

Brains flag sculpture – Deck out your garden, rooftop, or anywhere with this flag used to lead the charge in Plants vs Zombies. Those guys really love brains.

----

If you check out the "Pre-Order Now" page, you will now only find ONE pre-order option: Exclusive Limited Edition pre-order pack - on the Origin site. Which makes the Exclusive Origin Decor pack now moot.

... what happened to the Exclusive Origin Decor Pack? :(
That is the pack I'm actually interested in! Was it a fluke? Will it instead be an Amazon or Best Buy exclusive?

What happened, and did anyone else notice this?

Can I ever have the option to get the Exclusive Content that was previously listed but now ISN'T listed on the site? :cry:

Comments

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited June 2012
    I just checked and you're right. That's truly odd. Hopefully they'll post it again or they made a mistake and the Origin items will go to the normal limited edition.
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2012

Perhaps there is an error with the content at this time? This is all still relatively new.
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think there's some issues or bugs.

I'm fairly positive hopefully later in the months before release date, they will issue the extra origin exclusive stuff on release date, like they did in the past before I believe.

E-mails were sent out to redeem them so most likely they'll send us e-mails again.
  • Options
    SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you all for responding! I was worried maybe I was seeing things that weren't there! :shock: :D

Time for the patient wait for the Pre-Order content to be sorted out so I can buy! I can't wait for this expansion!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm glad you got a copy of that - I've been looking everywhere for it!

I don't want to preorder from Origin, but to get that content, I would. But if that message doesn't come back, I guess I'll go to my local store like I always do.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2012
    So i'm guessing I should wait to pre-order then, to be able to pre-order the limited edition content one? I can wait to pre-order it if it's just a bug or something that will be fixed :) Still almost 3 months time to pre-order :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is there a SimGuru who can offer up an explanation, or at least answer whether or not the items that were listed* - but have been removed from the pre-order page - will still be accessible in a different edition of this expansion?

*Previously listed items (now no longer shown):
    - Brains Flag
    - Wall-Nut decoration
    - Zombie Gnome
    - PvZ lamp
  • Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2012
    Is there a SimGuru who can offer up an explanation, or at least answer whether or not the items that were listed* - but have been removed from the pre-order page - will still be accessible in a different edition of this expansion?

- Brains Flag
    - Wall-Nut decoration
    - Zombie Gnome
    - PvZ lamp

I'm not 100% sure that SimGurus have anything to do with Pre-order incentives. I could be wrong, but I think that's Origin themselves OR King.
  • Options
    tditdatdmtditdatdm Posts: 20
    edited June 2012
    I hope this does not affect my order, as i preordered supernatural from origin yesterday
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Pill wrote:

- Brains Flag
    - Wall-Nut decoration
    - Zombie Gnome
    - PvZ lamp

I'm not 100% sure that SimGurus have anything to do with Pre-order incentives. I could be wrong, but I think that's Origin themselves OR King.

You're absolutely right - but they sometimes have a lot of exclusive information before release! :wink:
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I'm fairly positive hopefully later in the months before release date, they will issue the extra origin exclusive stuff on release date, like they did in the past before I believe.

E-mails were sent out to redeem them so most likely they'll send us e-mails again.

Emails were already sent out to redeem the objects? :shock:
    I never got any email and I pre ordered yesterday.

Was the email an accident then?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    tditdatdm wrote:
    I hope this does not affect my order, as i preordered supernatural from origin yesterday

When you pre-ordered, were you hoping to the currently listed content (Peashooters, Cone hat, newspaper outfit...etc)? If so, that's still offered.

If you pre-ordered in hopes of getting the "lost" items, who knows if they will come back? I hope you get everything you wanted! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I believe AznSensei means that e-mails were sent in the past when something similar to this happened.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I believe AznSensei means that e-mails were sent in the past when something similar to this happened.

Ohh gotcha lol
  • Options
    dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've learned my pre-order lesson from Origin with SHT. I pre-ordered before the KP version was announced. Afterwards, my order seemed to disappear. About 2 weeks before release date I spent about an hour trying to track down the 'invisible' order and make sure it was cancelled and then went to Gamestop to pre-order. Therefore, I will wait until the content shows up again on Origin and give it a while before I pre-order it. Who knows? Lady Gaga is scary looking enough to make it onto a TS3 Supernatural pack. I don't trust that EA won't try it...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm surprised there aren't more people who noticed this change!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A-Ha! I found the original posting of content as listed on the website - before it was changed!

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION CONTENT PACK:
    Preorder The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition and receive exclusive content from the world of Plants vs Zombies, including new outfits and a working Peashooter!

Peashooter – This steadfast ally is ready to defend your house from zombified Sims and other unsavory characters like burglars and repo men! It actually shoots peas at unwanted guests!

Ripped Zombie Suit Outfit – Dress your male or female Sim in the classic zombie attire from PvZ.

Newspaper Zombie Suit Outfit – There’s nothing quite as terrifying as loud boxers and sock garters. Dress your male or female Sim up as the newspaper zombie from PvZ.

Cone and Bucket hats – Those pesky zombies might have worn these objects for protection, but they also make a bold fashion statement. Deck your male or female Sim out in this hilarious headgear.

EXCLUSIVE ORIGIN DÉCOR PACK:
    Order The Sims 3 Supernatural at Origin.com and receive these exclusive Plants vs Zombies décor items to add some creepy flare to your Sims’ homes!

Plantern lamp – This unique item looks just like the planterns that keep the fog at bay in the Plants vs Zombies game. Use it to light your Sim’s house or yard!

Wall-nut sculpture – Nothing says “get off my lawn” like an angry-eyed wall-nut. Place one at a time, or put down a whole row as a fence.

Zombie gnome sculpture – The iconic undead garden gnome from PvZ can grace your Sim’s house or garden.

Brains flag sculpture – Deck out your garden, rooftop, or anywhere with this flag used to lead the charge in Plants vs Zombies. Those guys really love brains.

EXCLUSIVE REGISTRATION INCENTIVE:
    Register your The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack online to get these items and add a little Plants vs Zombies flavor to your game!

PvZ Poster – Let your Sims show their love of the popular game with this cool wall art.

PvZ T-shirt – Dress your male or female Sim and show off their kooky spirit.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I hope they decided to not take those things completely away :?
    I was excited to see so many extra things that came along with pre ordering with origin that I pre ordered right away.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2012

I didn't know this until you mentioned it :shock:. Dang..I never pre-ordered from Origin before but I am willing to do it just to get the exclusive origin items. :cry:

Well, I will think positive. I hope it means that they will include these items into the regular pack then :lol:..So I don't have to pre-order it thru origin :P

One can hope, right :wink: ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I hope so - but if the Limited Edition Pack is sold on Origin.com, then how would the Decor Pack be an Origin Exclusive?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I hope they decided to not take those things completely away :?
    I was excited to see so many extra things that came along with pre ordering with origin that I pre ordered right away.

I have a feeling EA will keep the items. If they do, anyone who pre-ordered while the items were still listed online can e-mail a request explaining the situation and they might send you downloads ~shrug~

One can hope! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Okay guys - are there any SimGurus who know about this and can shed some light? Are you not allowed to discuss this yet? Is the Exclusive Origin Decor content something that will be made available later?

I'd like to pre-order this game, and I'm usually a patient person, but I feel like there are other people in my situation as well and we're left hanging because no one is addressing this! :?

There are people who already pre-ordered off of Origin who wanted the Decor pack, but now aren't sure they will get it! :(

Please, someone with authority, or SOME kind of educated guess - can you reach out with answers?

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    You should ask the gurus on twitter. Then link them to this thread. Most gurus will respond to a twitter post, versus a forum thread.

I too am wondering about this info. I was about to preorder when I noticed that the special items and promo had been removed.
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2012

I noticed it was gone too, bc I had seen it right after Supernatural was announced and I was reading all I could about it, but by the time hub got home and I was trying to tell him about all the Plant vs Zombies items I couldn't find it. Anyway, I tweeted one of the SimGurus and linked to the post, so I guess we wait. I'm just going to hold off on preordering for as long as I can. I don't have the money right now anyway, but I figure if I wait longer they can get it all worked out.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Update!

I tweeted SimGuruGraham, and he responded: "I sent an email off to the appropriate people about it already. I imagine it's just a mistake; hopefully it gets clarified soon."

Maybe by 'mistake' he means that they didn't mean to remove it?

I will be seriously bummed if they didn't mean to post those items, accidentally gave us a taste, and will never make them available to us... or make us purchase the items in the Store for $20 or more on TOP of paying for the expansion :(

I'll post more updates as they come! :D