June 7 - Friday Highlight while we wait for EA Play! Check it out here!

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think all SPs have good and bad.
    I buy them all and I must say I dont use much from this one
    but that does not mean others wont use all of it.
    I use some of the clothes, the pool area. I dont use the furniture
    overall as chairs etc with cherries sitting on the top make no sense. The clothes over all are fine and I have used some.
    I have not noticed my towns people wandering around in them at all yet.

    To me the only problem is its geared towards a star and that
    in some ways limits the appeal. I suppose their marketing dept
    does alot of research and felt Katy Perry would generate lots of sales and who knows. Perhaps she did.
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually like this SP. I was not really for it when I first heard about it, but I really like the outfits and stuff for the entertainers in the Showtime EP. To me, this was money well spent. :)
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

    Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    crimrose wrote:

    Edited because, apparently, b*tt-hurt is a censored word? Why?

    I don't know. It's not like I'm using the F-Word or anything derogatory to express my opinion. :lol:

  • GivyGivy Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2012
    My goodness, we don't even need a debate for this. The Sims 3 Katy Perry (As I like to call it), is definitely the WORST stuff pack ever. First of all, this should've all came in the Katy Perry edition of showtime. I know there is a lot of content in here, but none of it is 'new', and it's plum! The only thing it's usable for is Costumes for 'WannaBee' Katy-Perry's.

    And it's $10 more then any stuff pack! This is by far the worst, and me and all of my friend simmers are boycotting EA products for the foreseeable future.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    it's amazing how much hate and anger this pack has generated. totally first world problem.
    it's either love it or hate it, there's no in between, and yet people who hates it still buys it for the "sake of collecting" or "because I found it cheaper at target" and still complains about it afterward.
    there's diesel coming out next month, so hopefully it'll satisfy and give peace to others who wasted so much of their energy ranting about how much they hate this sp.

    I don't see that posting an opinion that is negative about KPST is any more of a waste of energy then making a post gushing about it is. If you love it and post about how thrilled you are to have it then why can't people post about how glad they are that they did not.

    This has been an amazing reversal of fortune for a pack when it comes to forums talking about a release. This pack has had a very negative reception considering how well other packs have been received in the past. What I don't get is how the people who like the pack have taken the attitude that if you don't like it don't post as a defense against this large number of negatives.

    What is also amazing is the number of people coming back to complain about how bad the pack is now that they have it who were in support of it in at least one post in one topic. Had they taken the advice of some and not read what those who saw this pack negatively said before it was released? Most of the complaints I have seen just say what was said against this pack since the day it was announced. There will always be peole who will buy packs, not because they are 'collectors' but because they can't decide if what is posted in a forum about a pack is really what the pack will turn out to be or because they want to make the gurus happy and go along with them when they say 'buy it' and then find out its not as they expected for the reasons they bought it. So you can't really say 'they told you so' about it.

    I don't see Diesel as an apology for KPST or an alternative but as the SP that should have been. The SP has tried so hard to push KPST at everyone they have almost said nothing about Diesel up to now. But Diesel is not about being a SP instead of KPST or released to sooth bad feelings over KPST but many that love KPST are trying to make it sound that way. They obviously were working on Diesel and probably were near completion when they shelved Diesel to bring out KPST so its not like they rushed around for a month putting Diesel together to calm upset nerves over KPST. Since Diesel is set for a release one moth after KPST they obviously were about to go, or had gone, gold on Diesel before they broke work on it and announced KPST.

    And the 'rant' about hating KPST was not about 'hate'. Most of the posts about the issues with KPST had little to do with hate and more about the problems with substance, price and the KP involvement and hype. There were even posts from fans of KP saying they would not buy the pack because of those things but it was not about hating anyone.

  • RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I just wish they would have removed the candy stencils from some of the clothing - because most the clothing are NOT bad at all, just too theme-y (if that's the word :roll: )

    But nevertheless, Sweet treats is actually my second favorite stuff pack after master suites :-) .
  • KendraaaaaaaKendraaaaaaa Posts: 437
    edited June 2012
    emz281299 wrote:
    I hate this sweet treats stuff pack its just so cheesy and pink. And I am not the only one thinking this many others agree. EA has realised this and thats why they are realeasing diesal. Whats your opinion?

    Happy Simming
    From Em

    *Diesel
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    RAE2786 wrote:
    I just wish they would have removed the candy stencils from some of the clothing - because most the clothing are NOT bad at all, just too theme-y (if that's the word :roll: )

    But nevertheless, Sweet treats is actually my second favorite stuff pack after master suites :-) .

    I'm sure the CC community will see to that which incidentally means that everybody who didn't buy KPST because of the unworkability with most of the items will be able to download usable items for free.

    I already have a dress from KPST that someone fixed, it's actually a really pretty dress without all that junk on it.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2012
    What I don't understand is this: Katy Perry is such a good singer, why does she cheese herself out so much?

    Her pop songs are some the best pop I've heard in long time. I'm sure a lot of people will beg to differ, but most the music made after since the 90's has been pretty much forgettable. It still doesn't compare to music from 70's, 80's, and 90's, but it's at least a start.

    Oh, and yeah, the ep blows. :lol:

  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2012
    RAE2786 wrote:
    I just wish they would have removed the candy stencils from some of the clothing - because most the clothing are NOT bad at all, just too theme-y (if that's the word :roll: )

    But nevertheless, Sweet treats is actually my second favorite stuff pack after master suites :-) .

    You have a point about the stencils. Then it would be easier for everyone to digest.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 4,866 Member
    edited June 2012
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    What I don't understand is this: Katy Perry is such a good singer, why does she cheese herself out so much?

    Her pop songs are some the best pop I've heard in long time. I'm sure a lot of people will beg to differ, but most the music made after since the 90's has been pretty much forgettable. It still doesn't compare to music from 70's, 80's, and 90's, but it's at least a start.

    Oh, and yeah, the ep blows. :lol:

    SP. If you're going to insult the product at least insult it correctly. >.<
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    What I don't understand is this: Katy Perry is such a good singer, why does she cheese herself out so much?

    Her pop songs are some the best pop I've heard in long time. I'm sure a lot of people will beg to differ, but most the music made after since the 90's has been pretty much forgettable. It still doesn't compare to music from 70's, 80's, and 90's, but it's at least a start.

    Oh, and yeah, the ep blows. :lol:

    Music seemed to go downhill since the movement of the whole R&B genre which I think really took off… mid 90s was it? Since then most of the popular artists have always been in the R&B genre. I think it’s only recently that pop started to make a comeback.

    Then again, I’m probably going to attract a lot of hate for this, but IMO R&B music all kind of sounds the same. At least with pop you get different synth effects etc.

    (I’m talking about modern R&B, not the original Rhythm & Blues)
  • Shellie2006768Shellie2006768 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I just bought this game. and started playing sims. can someone give me some pointers on how to play and do u have to buy every game or there games for free?
    thanks everyone
  • BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited August 2012
    thelawtman wrote:
    I love it, Fast Lane was the worst for me. I think though the worst thing for the sims3 is Pets.

    YOUR INSANE! Pets was cool! Especially the cute widdle kitties and puppies and foals!
  • BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Another thing, don't you think the dresses looked like CC's to any of you??
  • kayleighgouldneykayleighgouldney Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2012
    sweet treats is awfull, at least fast lane had cars! katy perrys sweet treats clothes are nice well some of them, and then everything else is decor! i baught it thinking you could buy cakes at the cake hang out but its just full of decor! waste of money, at least fast lane was only £10 , i wasted £25 on this pack!!!!!!
    :(
  • Katy7896Katy7896 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited August 2012
    thanks a bunch ea! you have just wasted your time making this.I could make a better game then that.My ideas and REALLY bad :lol:
  • Katy7896Katy7896 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh yeah,Theres this top for clothing in there and it's like there ***** :shock:.Just look! there are about 100 reasons i won't get it
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Actually, it's really not that bad. A lot of the clutter and decor will work in any kind of funky modern loft house. I've used several of the objects in some of my Young Adult "Party" loft homes. There are a few good clothes (the two formal dresses, the shorts aren't bad, the t-shirts are fine, etc.), and the main furniture is great for a kids' room. It really becomes overwhelming only when you deck out an entire house in it. But a little bit here and there isn't bad. Of course, you can go all out if you want, but there's a lot of potential there either way. The hair is pretty awful, though (just my opinion).

    To me the worst packs were probably Town Life (just some rabbit holes and a few boring clothes), and Fast Lane.

    I think TL was my least favorite too, because we have too many rabbit holes and we don't need anymore.
  • mariacharlottemariacharlotte Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    Seriously, what's the point? What do you guys get from telling everyone you hate this? Ok, you don't like pink candy, but others do. So let them like it. If you say this is the worst game ever, what do you think you will get from this? Nothing. You will just be the hater on sims3.com.

    People have different opinions. I thought maybe most people have accepted that fact already, but obviously some have not.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2012
    ^^^

    I second this. I personally think it's the best SP in the world, but I'm not going to go around calling people "haters." However "haters" need to learn the difference between having an opinion and repeatedly saying "I HATE THIS SP!!!" over and over again. Then they get upset about other people who love this pack.

    If you don't like this SP, fine. You can voice that opinion constructively. That doesn't mean "THIS EP IS plum!!!" over and over again.

    I don't like Town Life, I say my piece and be done in a constructive manner. On the other hand, stop getting butthurt about everyone else's posts. Go get a sense of humor and stop getting all bent out of shape and accusing people that like or hate this SP because YOU have a different opinion.
  • Tippy911Tippy911 Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    I actually use KPST more than I thought I would, but I also have showtime. This is my favourite stuff pack. :3
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2012
    I like unrealistic silly stuff in my game, soooo this is my favorite SP. Town Life is the worst in my opinion. Too many rabbit holes!
  • emz281299emz281299 Posts: 248 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Another thing, don't you think the dresses looked like CC's to any of you??

    YES!!! And the hair is horrible in the words of Quxxn "this hair this hair ugh it will haunt me this should burn!" Another thing is what about the townies they we be like ruined!
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,812 Member
    edited August 2012
    Tippy911 wrote:
    I actually use KPST more than I thought I would, but I also have showtime. This is my favourite stuff pack. :3

    Yeah, this pack actually complements Showtime really well if you have a female performer. I also think it will blend in pretty well with Supernatural.
    I like unrealistic silly stuff in my game, soooo this is my favorite SP. Town Life is the worst in my opinion. Too many rabbit holes!

    I like having a few silly things in my game too. I mean, in real life there are weird, eccentric people who would fill their house with crazy furniture given the chance, so I like being able to play that way in the Sims too. Not everyone would have a sleek ultra-mod house in real life, you know? So, I like being able to create some wacky houses for my goofier sims. Plus, some of this stuff works fine in a realistic home anyway.
    shadowbringer3signaturever_1.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top