December 7 - It's time for the Friday Highlight! Head over here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    That's fair enough and I apologise if my post was rather aggressive - I just get tired of having to defend myself against people that want to tell me that I'm wrong for dislking it.

    I misinterpreted your post as such. My bad ^_^;

    I do agree with you. I saw a lot of name-calling on both sides (though from my personal experience it was more the 'lovers' ragging on the 'haters' but I may have just missed the threads the abuse from the other side was coming from).

    I'm glad you enjoy it either way :) While I admit I do think that this pack should not exist it still does and so people should be able to get enjoyment out of it if it's their thing.

    @Heidi: I didn't actually buy Fast Lane because I didn't think I would use the content and I haven't missed not having it, but I wasn't upset about it because I could still see the point.

    I've bought plenty of bad games and regretted it almost immediately though - one of these days I'll learn to try and watch a LP instead of preordering for day one release just because it'll save me a few £s.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,191 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've always had complete sets of all Sims from TS1 until now. With TS3, I did not get the KP LTD Ed of ST. I bought the regular. I also didn't want BB nor do I want Sweet Treats. I used to want them all to round out my collection ...now, not so much.

    I'll buy Diesel. I'll even buy a new computer to run that magic one on but I really want weather and a real vacation for my simmies.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:

    I've bought plenty of bad games and regretted it almost immediately though - one of these days I'll learn to try and watch a LP instead of preordering for day one release just because it'll save me a few £s.

    ha ha..I hear you..I am learning to do that too these days ;)
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited June 2012
    GaMomo wrote:

    Update: My mom got this for me today. I told her to her face I didn't want it nor did I like it. She gladly took it back and got her $30 back. I'm at work now doing the sales report: not good.

    Wow. I would have just said thank you, whether I wanted it or not. :?
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    GaMomo wrote:

    Update: My mom got this for me today. I told her to her face I didn't want it nor did I like it. She gladly took it back and got her $30 back. I'm at work now doing the sales report: not good.

    Wow. I would have just said thank you, whether I wanted it or not. :?

    Due to our relationship issues and her Alzheimers I said thank you ( I'm not that heartless)because her buying me stuff is rare, and when she asked me about it I told her the truth.She took it back and she got it again. This time I just said thank you and it's sitting on my desk. I might just install it eventually. I hope i'm not coming off as rude to you Mr.Hawk Because I really don't mean to sound that way.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I do agree with you about the collector mentality though – I can’t understand why people would buy something they hate just to have that little icon on their launcher / SimPage. I mean fair enough if you have the disposable income to spend on something you will never, ever use then go for it but honestly I don’t think these collectors should complain about the price if they’re going to get it anyway (at full price of course, it’s a different story once it is discounted).

    As far as I’m concerned this SP has got to be the biggest waste of space to date. At least Fast Lane gave you cars, this gives you nothing IMO.

    oh Darks I am so with you on this..I also dont understand the whole collector thing..if you dont have interest in a pack dont buy it...who cares if the icon is grayed out or not.

    for me I bought fast lane and outdoor living knowing I wasnt interested but was desperate for hope that more plum would make the sims3 fun..it didnt and just frustrated the heck out of me that i blew money on them and was still bored LOL

    As you already know I am a huge fan of the Katy Perry stuff ..cause I am all into bright and colorful etc etc(I know you are not)

    so fast lane made you happy..KP makes me happy..looks like everybody sorta wins in the end :)

    I feel the same way about both of you. I don't understand why we have to have ALL the EP/SP's, especially knowing that your wasting disk space on something you don't want. :roll:

    I never cared for UNI in TS2, but I regret wasting my money buying it for a cowplant. I love my cowplant and I'm so desperate for it, but I wish I could've gone to the 5 dollar bin instead. Normally, I have to wait for the five dollar bin, or just getting it for free, with an expansion pack preorder.

    I got two icons greyed out, OLS and Fast Lane, but it doesn't bother me really. Why waste disk space on something you don't like?

    But people take things too seriously on this forum. I said nicely I respect others opinions, but there's no need to be a 2 year old just because EA doesn't release Seasons or University, but people think I'm referring to THEM for not liking it. No, this SP has nothing to do with people throwing hissy fits, it's the same demands for Seasons and University that makes you look like a 2 year old. :roll:
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,894 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?


    yap.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    Heh, I ended up buying Showtime literally so I could play a user-created world properly AND I ended up buying the bleeding KP edition due to the extra venue not coming with the others. Yeah ¬¬

    Fortunately great rip off that was the KP edition aside, the expansion is quite a bit of fun and I’ve gotten a lot of useful items out of it, so it isn’t all bad (plus I didn’t pay full price – so yay!)
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think town life is the worst nothing in the pack is new
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think town life is the worst nothing in the pack is new
    after being so disappointed with fast lane and outdoor living i didnt even bother to buy town life and I wont be buying Diesel.

    worst expansion- total waste of money for me was World Adventures..hate that one with a passion lol
  • KeyBellaKeyBella Posts: 51
    edited June 2012
    I really was very disappointed with this pack, and though I'm a Sims fan 'til the death, this pack really did seem like a money making gimmick.

    That being said (before the mob comes with their pitchforks :shock: ) I acknowledge that there are people who adore this pack, and more power to them. They paid for it and they have their right to enjoy it, and it won't be me who rains on their parade.

    All in all, I'm really hoping that the last few releases have just been something to keep the masses occupied and entertained on a certain level while they work on something great that will be greater appreciated.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    I think town life is the worst nothing in the pack is new
    after being so disappointed with fast lane and outdoor living i didnt even bother to buy town life and I wont be buying Diesel.

    worst expansion- total waste of money for me was World Adventures..hate that one with a passion lol

    LOL I wasn't truly interested in World Adventures, but I purchased it anyway in December, because I at the time, I had all the other four, so I figured, "why not?" at least I get 1,000 free Simpoints LOL! It's still my least favorite, but I ended up liking it in the end. But the pack was like BonVoyage without the general purpose of Vacation. I had read about all the Expansion Packs, at Carl's Sims 3 Guide, RELIGIOUSLY, and to this day, I am an active member of the forum, and I was a bit disappointed that there was no Bigfoot.

    If it wasn't for Carl, Twallan and TS3 Pets, I wouldn't even be playing. The biggest turn around with Pets was actually being able to control them, like you would with normal Sims.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Heh, I ended up buying Showtime literally so I could play a user-created world properly AND I ended up buying the bleeding KP edition due to the extra venue not coming with the others. Yeah ¬¬

    Fortunately great rip off that was the KP edition aside, the expansion is quite a bit of fun and I’ve gotten a lot of useful items out of it, so it isn’t all bad (plus I didn’t pay full price – so yay!)

    HAHA I paid for my digital copy off of Amazon for about 20 dollars cheaper, and mine was KP Edition.

    I was a bit skeptical about Showtime, and the Simport features, but then I saw more into it, and I'm like "YAY! The karaoke machine and DJ booth!!!" I wasn't 100% on the social features and Simport either, but then when I actually tried it, it turns out that I love it. It's kind of cool to host other peoples' Sims!

  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't know. They're all fairly lame. I might by the Diesel pack just because I'm desparate for a decent pair of jeans for my sims.

    My inner feminist gets extremely annoyed with Master Suite and Sweet Treats.

    I don't think that the Diesel pack is a reaction to this one though. I think it was probably in the works for quite a while before the KP one was even announced.
  • pinkstar2000pinkstar2000 Posts: 1,116
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    it's amazing how much hate and anger this pack has generated. totally first world problem.
    it's either love it or hate it, there's no in between, and yet people who hates it still buys it for the "sake of collecting" or "because I found it cheaper at target" and still complains about it afterward.
    there's diesel coming out next month, so hopefully it'll satisfy and give peace to others who wasted so much of their energy ranting about how much they hate this sp.


    I'm not a fan of it...and I didn't "buy it for the sake of collecting" lol.


    But then again~ I never buy stuff packs LOL
  • RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    It just depends on your style.I'm already downloading "de-candyfied" clothes from CC creators.

    Hi GaMomo, would love to know what sites to go for to get some decandyfied outfits, please share if you can x
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    RockChick wrote:
    GaMomo wrote:
    It just depends on your style.I'm already downloading "de-candyfied" clothes from CC creators.

    Hi GaMomo, would love to know what sites to go for to get some decandyfied outfits, please share if you can x

    HardCandy has recently took off the candy on the long dresses ( the green sparkly one) without the sparkles. Another one had one up but took it down so it could be used without having to get sweet treats.

    http://hardcandystuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/yes-i-had-to-rename-this-dress-even-if.html?showComment=1339527356331#c7243591598566666387
  • RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2012
    Awesome ! Thanks very much :)
  • katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Wojtek has "de-candified" the hairstyles. I haven't tested them but I hear some of them have issues. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on the blog for fixes, though.

    ETA: my link is freaking out, probably because I'm on my phone, but Wojtek's blog is at www.simowyblogwojtka.blogspot.com
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2012
    KeyBella wrote:
    I really was very disappointed with this pack, and though I'm a Sims fan 'til the death, this pack really did seem like a money making gimmick.

    That being said (before the mob comes with their pitchforks :shock: ) I acknowledge that there are people who adore this pack, and more power to them. They paid for it and they have their right to enjoy it, and it won't be me who rains on their parade.

    All in all, I'm really hoping that the last few releases have just been something to keep the masses occupied and entertained on a certain level while they work on something great that will be greater appreciated.

    I love the pitchfork comment, made me :lol: and I agree, I'm not going to go "OMG this is awful etc etc" as there are people that like this kind of thing, I am not one of those. I have all sp/ep since sims 2 and this is the first pack I haven't bought, not because I hate Katy Perry ( I have no feelings towards her), but because I couldn't see anything in this pack that I would use in my game other than 2 dresses and 3 hairstyles and that's just not enough to make me buy it. Like previous comments, if there was a cash register to make a sweet shop, then I would have definitely bought this pack. Every other pack has more items that I can make use of, even fast lane. I hated World Adventures until I found a way to make it better, I rebuilt the base camps into luxury "hotels", added spa's, clubs, bars and pools and turned the locations into somewhere my sims could relax and have fun. At this point I can't see anything I could do to KPST to make it something I would enjoy and believe me I have tried. I'm a glass half full/silver lining kind of person so I am turning all my attention to supernatural at the moment - bring on the zombie apocalypse :twisted:
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    katana_x wrote:
    Wojtek has "de-candified" the hairstyles. I haven't tested them but I hear some of them have issues. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on the blog for fixes, though.

    ETA: my link is freaking out, probably because I'm on my phone, but Wojtek's blog is at www.simowyblogwojtka.blogspot.com

    Von Frege was also talking about converting the clothes for men. I REALLY want her too.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:

    I do agree with you about the collector mentality though – I can’t understand why people would buy something they hate just to have that little icon on their launcher / SimPage. I mean fair enough if you have the disposable income to spend on something you will never, ever use then go for it but honestly I don’t think these collectors should complain about the price if they’re going to get it anyway (at full price of course, it’s a different story once it is discounted).

    As far as I’m concerned this SP has got to be the biggest waste of space to date. At least Fast Lane gave you cars, this gives you nothing IMO.

    Most people with this 'collector' mentality are people like me who find enough in the pack that we want in our game, love the sims very much and want to have everything possible for them and can't imagine not having all of it. Many of us may not rush out and preorder but eventually we get the addition to out 'sims collection'.

    In many ways EA broke the whole collection thing with KPST. The collector and EA pretty much parted ways over KPST. If you have read the topics and posts from people with this 'mentality' you heard collector after collector saying that this was not one they would get and how it woke them up to the possibility that one can live without collecting everything sims.

    Each person really is entitled to buy for the game depending on their own attitude, of course, whether they buy to collect or buy cause they love what they see or what every are their 100 different reasons. I don't understand why people collect china plates to hang about their home, but if that is what they love then so be it.

    As for other comments.

    There were as many saying they did not like KP and would not buy it as their were self proclaimed KatyKats who had to have it as a way to touch their superstar. The fact that some are now disappointed with what they bought - well they can't say they were not warned.

    As for name calling that never went overboard and for as spirited as it was there was very little of that and most that revolved around a few people who had to post 6 one liners that could have been all in one post just to up the count of positive threads showing up.

    The price was one of the biggest factors and to complain now about getting what one paid for when the pack only had 28 more things then its nearest contender and not dozens and dozens more - no one should have been surprised by that. That the objects could not be dressed up to work in some other theme then sweets should not have been a surprise either - people posted about those things constantly and if people did not get what they were saying and had to find out for themselves, well they should still not have been surprised.

    I am not defending KPST, far from it, but I am not sure that those who ranted about how we all should love it and how people who pointed out the downside should shut up and now they complain about the pack being worthless. Did they ever read the topic they started in support of buying KPST and listen to what people were saying?

  • RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks Katana! Hopefully someone can retex and soften them a bit later on too. Condition some of the curls!
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2012
    stormwench wrote:

    I am not defending KPST, far from it, but I am not sure that those who ranted about how we all should love it and how people who pointed out the downside should shut up and now they complain about the pack being worthless. Did they ever read the topic they started in support of buying KPST and listen to what people were saying?

    No, people just take things too seriously on these forums, and take the accusations of being a troll too harshly. So they fly off the handle and act like the ones that DO respect YOUR opinion killed their dogs and slept with their moms. Perhaps those people need to turn on the TV and watch some Family Guy for a bit, then they'll learn not to be so upset or feel so "attacked."
  • crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2012
    ^But then they'd get even more offended! :)

    These forums do make me laugh at times, with the silliness of some people, and with how trivial people can be sometimes. Equally there are some amazingly creative people out there. On the other hand, it disheartens me to see some bullies here, who pick on children and generally try to make others miserable. As for KPST, I never really liked the idea from the start, but I would never say that anyone who enjoyed it was stupid for liking it. People like different things. To me KPST was a silly idea and very juvenile, but to you it might be the best Stuff Pack yet! Funny how that works.

    Edited because, apparently, b*tt-hurt is a censored word? Why?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top