Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So something really weird just happened...

I was playing with my new legacy sim, and getting her to read pu on her recipes before work, as her lifetime wish is to become The Culinary Librarian. Now, let me just point out that as she is level 6 in the Cooking skill, she has learned no where near all of the recipes, when suddenly, I get a message telling me that she's completed her LTW?

I check the criteria just to be safe...

ScreenShot2012-06-08at183333.png

Sure enough, it says that ALL recipes have to be known (I was thinking at this point BG only, although she hasn't done all of those either... :/)

Cross-referencing this with her skill journal...

ScreenShot2012-06-08at183339.png

Only 53% recipes known. Hmmm?

Then (and I was kind of half expecting it) this happens:

ScreenShot2012-06-08at183447.png

I save the game straight away, and I get away with it... just, as when I save-and-quit, I get Err Code 12, and I have to exit without saving.

Has anyone ever had anything similar? If you did, then did it get fixed when you next opened the game, or will I just have to live with it? Do you think the save file could be corrupt?

--Wibble :)

Comments

• Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2012
    nope not me.
  • Options
    overcookedburgerovercookedburger Posts: 2,152 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm one of those lucky people whose game never glitches. Yes, even with Late Night :P
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't know about the code 12 error but culinary librarian doesn't require knowing all of the recipes. I think it requires a set amount (I don't know how many) to complete it. Since there are more recipes now that makes it easier.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2012
    Goal: Sim must learn all cooking recipes (or 28 total with expansions installed).

If your sim has 28, then you're set.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited June 2012
    This happened to my first genie, I think the reason is that they added new recipes and didn't account for them in the LTW; so now it's really easy to get it. Haven't heard any official explanation; just my thoughts.
    oow785m
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the clarification all :)

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    KlwysockKlwysock Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    This just happened to me. My sim just turned level five in cooking when it said her wish was completed and i have only had her read five or so recipe books. Did anyone ever figure out what happened? Also she doesn't have the ability to make all the recipes.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm one of those lucky people whose game never glitches. Yes, even with Late Night :P

What kind of computer are you running. specs.
    I am thinking of getting a new computer wanted a Alien X51 because of its sizw and specs with a i7 desktop, I am playing good on my laptop but looking for a desktop