Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

hey ea

PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
can you please make a sticky topic telling people how to search because I honestly don't think half the people here know how to do that

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited May 2012
    You know the problem I see over here on the forums is when people resurrect old threads from 1 to 3 years. Then you have people fussing and complaining that this thread is old and it is a dead thread and they ask why are you resurrecting a dead thread. Then when someone makes a new thread, then everyone fusses and complains that there are a ton of threads with this topic, go look them up. Then what happens, the whole cycle starts over again with the "resurrecting an old thread".

So what's it gonna to be, make a new thread or resurrect an old/older thread?... :?:

My saying is: you can't have your cake and eat it at the same time.

That's just my opinion... :roll:
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited May 2012
    lisasc360 wrote:
    you can't have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Pfffffft, you can if it's chocolate. How can anyone turn down chocolate?!

srsly- you can if they'd actually implement an auto-lock- after like, 6 months without posts, a topic would be locked. Or if they sorted the search thing by newest, not oldest.
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    lisasc360 wrote:

srsly- you can if they'd actually implement an auto-lock- after like, 6 months without posts, a topic would be locked. Or if they sorted the search thing by newest, not oldest.

I think this is a good idea, but I do get where lisac is coming from.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited May 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    lisasc360 wrote:

I think this is a good idea, but I do get where lisac is coming from.

hmmm...yummy, chocolate cake... :D

This does sound like a good idea for threads that don't have any activity after about 6 to 12 months. But then I am thinking of the simmers that build lots, worlds and storytelling that do create 1 thread to be able to put all their designs in for all to see w/o cluttering up the forums with multiple threads. But then again the simmers who do build and all do keep their threads updated.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    lisasc360 wrote:

Actually, it is possible to search like that. Instead of typing in the instant searchbox, click the search button above your bookmarks button. Then you can choose the ordeyr as either relevence or by date (acsending or descending)

Although, I agree with the idea suggested by the OP. We kinda need to know something exists before we can use it :roll:
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Actually, it is possible to search like that. Instead of typing in the instant searchbox, click the search button above your bookmarks button. Then you can choose the ordeyr as either relevence or by date (acsending or descending)

I meant by default. It's kind of dumb to have it with the oldest posts first, imo.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited May 2012
    Sir Psychomaster, in theory your idea is great. In reality, how many do you think actually look at the stickys? For example check out the welcome thread at the top of the forum board, that is not really for posting and see how many newbies and at least one old timer posted in.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2012
    can you please make a sticky topic telling people how to search because I honestly don't think half the people here know how to do that

The search feature doesn't work good. It's failed me plenty of times. It's very buggy.
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited May 2012

The search feature doesn't work good. It's failed me plenty of times. It's very buggy.

it works just fine you just don't know how to use it
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2012
    In my opinion, the problem is not with the search function or how to use it. There are people who know how to use it but completely ignore it. Why ? Well, there are many reasons for that, for example, to get EA attention for saying the same things 1000 times :wink: or probably just to annoy another simmers :wink:
  • Options
    BlackVenusFlytrapBlackVenusFlytrap Posts: 667
    edited May 2012
    I guess many of them didn't use it simply because of laziness. :wink: