Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The house designers ~ Build by DWorks Architecture

Hi,

I tried to help someone on this forum to build a house she found on a website. I couldn't do it because it was too complicated for me at the moment. I still have a lot of learning to do. I found out that the site, The house designers, has many more homes, even small ones. So I decided to build houses from them because I like most of them.

All the houses I build from The house designers will be posted here. (I still can't upload screenshots to make stories.) I also noticed that all houses have a unique number given to them. So I will also post that number for those who want to look up the house on the site. (The number will also be on the lot name.) The house title will be the link to the lot and the first picture will be the original design like it's on The house designers website.

All houses will be listed sorted by number.
I'll also put a list of the numbers and names here as a content table.

If someone wants a home build from the house designers, then let me know here. If it is possible and not to hard for me at that moment, I will do my best to make it.

Content table
The house designers #1489 ~ Woodwinds
The house designers #1490 ~ Morning Breeze
The house designers #1491 ~ Gone Fishing
The house designers #1493 ~ King Fisher
The house designers #2959 ~ The Verona
The house designers #5634 ~ Cozy Retreat
The house designers #6408 ~ The Fairview Cottage
The house designers #6516 ~ Retreat II
The house designers #7104 ~ Hickory Pass 500
The house designers #8482 ~ The Molly
The house designers #8483 ~ The Holly

The house designers #1489 ~ Woodwinds
TheHouseDesigners1489-Original.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Overview0.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-LotTopView.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Overview1.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Overview2.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Overview3.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Floor1TopView.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-RoofTopView.jpg
TheHouseDesigners1489-Floor1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited July 2009
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    itsallbouterika9itsallbouterika9 Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The ones you have done were absolutely beautiful! You did an awesome job. I was looking through them and thought this would make a nice starter:
    http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan_details.asp?PlanNum=6516
    If you want to make it, I would download, I'm sure (eventually- if it's made after tomorrow, I will have to wait a week since I will be on a week long cruise) but don't feel obligated, since I have other wonderful makers making me houses! :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    New house added
    The house designers #6516 ~ Retreat II
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Original.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Overview0.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-LotTopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Overview1.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Overview2.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Overview3.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Floor1TopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-RoofTopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Floor1A.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6516-Floor1B.jpg
    The ones you have done were absolutely beautiful! You did an awesome job.
    Thx
    I was looking through them and thought this would make a nice starter:
    http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan_details.asp?PlanNum=6516
    If you want to make it, I would download, I'm sure.

I've made it. You say you wanted a starter? This house can be used as a starter, but I did not watch the money when decorating, so you'll need to edit the lot to make it a starter. First delete all objects you don't need. When you still not under $16.000, replace objects with their cheaper counterpart. It can be done with this house because before I put objects in it, the lot was around $10.000.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited July 2009
    There all a pretty good likeness. But try remaking a houses which don't all look the same and which are not just boxes. Good job though :)
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    New house added
    The house designers #6408 ~ The Fairview Cottage
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Original.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Overview0.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-LotTopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Overview1.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Overview2.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Overview3.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Floor1TopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-RoofTopView.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Floor1A.jpg
    TheHouseDesigners6408-Floor1B.jpg
    There all a pretty good likeness. But try remaking a houses which don't all look the same and which are not just boxes. Good job though :)

Other kind of houses will come to, even those who don't look like boxes.
    I'm just practicing and the houses will get more complicated when I advance in my skill. And I want people to give a choice. I know some will look almost alike, but there are simmers who dont want to build, but just play, so they have the choose in different options.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited July 2009
    can you build something that takes more than 5 minutes to build the exterior, all your lots look the same, just saying
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    Bah, not everyone likes big mansions.

I actually prefer smaller spaces with simpler floorplans. And it never takes me 5 minutes to build. The last starter I did that has similar floorplans to these took me like 4 hours to do! But then again, I tend to spend a lot of time decorating inside.
  • Options
    BobAndBettyNewbieBobAndBettyNewbie Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Everyone has their own style and not everyone wants a big house y'know.
    I think these houses are nice and they'd be good for starting out.
    Also he did point out he was only starting, so give him a chance to get the hang of it before you start telling him he should build something bigger.
    Theres plenty of other posts with houses in them that are bigger and if you want bigger houses go look at them instead. its not like hes the only one around..

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    can you build something that takes more than 5 minutes to build the exterior, all your lots look the same, just saying

They all take more than 5 minutes to build. I know I re-use landscaping, but that's because some houses are similar in style and build. I'm also more of a builder than a landscaper. I find it hard to do landscaping right and put a lot of time and effort in it. I also note in this thread that I was going to build houses found on The House Designers website and if you look at that site, you'll notice that they also re-use stuff. This is completely normal. I'm also starting with the smaller and simpler stuff to practice. So there will be bigger builds once I'm more experienced. The second reason I made this thread is because I noticed that many people look at the house designers for examples for their sim homes, So if they got to know this thread, they can look here to find it and if it's not in it, they can request it. I just like to build and want people to have choices. I hope you understand that.

One more thing: I do not want to use cheats.
  • Options
    phoenixmaidphoenixmaid Posts: 250 New Member
    edited July 2009

DieterPrivate Stated that all his designs were remakes of a companies houses and I think he has done a good job recreating them (not an easy thing to do by the way).
    and even the smallest of houses take a lot longer than `5 minutes to build.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    rgarrawrgarraw Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    you have very nice skills building a house from a blueprint of an actual house is not always easy
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited July 2009
    One word Stunning :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    rgarraw wrote:
    you have very nice skills building a house from a blueprint of an actual house is not always easy

Thx. And yes it's very hard to do because we have squares of 1x1 meter and most walls arent on these squares if you look at the original plans. So you have to make desicions and changes to build it in the sims, but you must make them so that it still is close to the original. But on the other hand, it's the challenge that makes it fun to build it. And I'm a building engineer, so that helps in thinking.
  • Options
    itsallbouterika9itsallbouterika9 Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, I'm so late! You made that one for me, but it was the night before I went away so I forgot, and anyway, it's been 2 1/2 weeks, but I just wanted to say, it's really really nice! All of your houses are beautiful, I love them. I will d/l and rec the one you made for me!! :)
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2009
    I love the smaller stuff you've built, I'm going to pinch a few for my less affluent sims. The last lot you posted (the larger one) was absolutely lovely. I hope you keep on uploading :)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thx for all the comments. I keep on building and uploading. I always participate in the Build-n-Share weekly challenges by Addict120 and did participate in the Good vs Evil showcase. When I got time beside the wonderfull challenges from Addict, I still build these house designers homes. But if someone has request from their site, I will build these first, otherwise I'll choose by myself. :-)
  • Options
    katmandoo3katmandoo3 Posts: 719 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like the The Verona. Very cool! :D
  • Options
    lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Very nice stuff .. I love the smaller houses as well. Nice for starting out or retired couples.
  • Options
    woodsy23woodsy23 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi,
    well i'm not sure if you're gonna be willing with this request and if your still accepting requests? but here goes i'm looking for a big, beach house, VERY modern, white hi-tec with lots of glass, this is my desire: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f89494a611392d932b2c76e8908edbd0&prevstart=0 (the house of ironman) if you've watched it you'll know what i mean :D
    obviously that wont be possible because of curved walls etc. but anything close to that would be amazing
    some extra info - large underground garage. really open planned :)

i'm not too fussed if you dont feel up to it and you just wanna work on it a bit every now and again i'm willing to wait or if you think its too much, no worries.

cheers :D
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    @woodsy23: In this thread, I'll only take request for making homes from the house designers website. But if you also have a houseplan or photo's from the inside, I'll give it a try and post is on another thread. But I can't promise that it will be within a certain amount of time, because it's a big and difficult build, and I want to deliver good atmosperic builds, so it may take a while.
  • Options
    edited July 2009