The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - The Quest Continues

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    I saw the crystals in the Store forum and nabbed them. That was nice of you to post the link, Rflong. :-)

I've been playing and checking out Once/Isle all evening and I love it. I'll post an update in your thread, but I wanted to let DD know that when I was playing last week, I never saw any of the visual effects from the tablet so I kept meaning to take out OW and see what would happen. I never did, though. Funny thing is that while playing Once/Isle my sim was autonomously learning logic and fishing while reading recipe books at the same time, and I saw the visual effects. So I'm wondering if it's a bug that causes the effects to not show up sometimes and not twallan's mod at all. :?

Just checked to make sure - it's OW version 61 that I downloaded on May 9th.

And now for a couple of pics of Rflongs Once/Isle ice cream sandwich club. A good time was had by all. :D

Once1.jpg

Once3.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2012
    Grabbed the rocks and glad to have them. Don't mind at all they were shared with all simmers. Now, if they would only share those BB stairs that I didn't get after paying more money for BB because I got it the day of release.

Tangie, the animations could be seen on the tablet when a sim first started to use it, it was that they couldn't then proceed to do anything else without the tabcast ceasing with the cleanup skill modifier set to true in Overwatch. No need to remove the mod, just try changing that setting to false. Actually, version 62 has been released and I'm getting ready to put it in and play. I'll leave the cleanup skill modifier at true to see if the tablet works correctly. It doesn't look by the revision notes that anything was done with that particular bit of coding. It's easy to change it to false, if there is still a problem.

I'm going back to my HS game for just a bit to see if the patch for store content really did fix animations for spell book and fountain. I've got both items on the Hidden Gardens lot so will just delete and replace them to see how they work now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    LOL~Thanks for the pictures. :D

And someone hold my hand... I'm patching to 1.33 :shock:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for testing that hottub for me everyone - it was me, well not me exactly - my game but seeing I am the one who did the installing... anyway it's all better now. Thanks a mil. It helped me a lot.

Here's a hand Rflong - hope it goes well.

Everyone this site if going totally down for seversal hours - EA said at 4pm PST - so just dropping a heads up before I go back to reinstalling rest of my stuff.

Thanks everyone.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited May 2012
    No problem, Reg. Did the new store content patch give your FOY its animations? Hope so!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    No problem, Reg. Did the new store content patch give your FOY its animations? Hope so!

My launcher has notified me every time I've opened it that there's a Store update. I keep telling it to update and it still says it does... I even checked Origin. Oh, well.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I haven't got the Premium Content and worlds reinstalled yet. But they will be - I just had to make sure I had all my downloads before this site goes down. I just installed a few of the sets with no PC in them so far. I still want to install the worlds then the three buildings, and last the sets with the PC in them. That way they are all easier to find in my installed content on that launcher when I have to. Wish it would install in some kind of controlled order, but it doesn't, so I try and controll it my way. hehehe But I will know tonight sometimes.

Well back to installing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong 3 things - make sure Origin has the newest update, make sure Adobe air and Adobe flash player are the newest version, and last make sure you also log into the launcher - generally that is what it takes to make it actually install it. That is probably the first store patch doing that and not the new one - as that one was a pain to get it to stick - but that one fixed the store stuff for pets as well as added some lamps if I recall right. The new patch is mainly for fixing the PC stuff.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Good day to all :D

Rflong, hope you are enjoying Showtime. I'll be glad to host a sim for you and wouldn't mind if you host some of mine. Gads, I haven't had anyone send or receive a sim in well over a week. I was trying not to resort to unlocking the content with the mod but just might have any choice, LOL.

JM has been quiet, so has anyone else updated HS and played it since Pets? I've had two lengthy freezes since I updated and both times it was because of the Unicorn. Now, in addition to materializing in the water on Louie Falls and being stuck, his second appearance was in the rocks behind it, pic at end of post. :shock:

I wondered if anyone else has run into the same problem and if so, how did you solve it? I changed Hidden Gardens to a fishing spot and after the rock thing, I've now changed Louie Falls from a fishing spot to a small park but I'm not sure that is going to work since Louie Falls was the lot for the original spawning point.

Since I don't have much experience with the Pets EP, can anyone tell me if I can successfully coerce the unicorn to spawn elsewhere? I don't want to start this game over, if I can avoid it and don't want to blast the lot to oblivion either since it's the base of the waterfall. Suggestions appreciated, or even sympathy for the dilemma :lol:

soogo1.jpg
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited May 2012
    This happens to me often, as well, DD. It seems that the Unicorn is set to just spawn anywhere on the lot, regardless of routing...

However, I think that the issue here is probably that those rocks are CAW rocks on a game Lot. They aren't the same rocks that we can use in-game, are they?
    I suppose that the routing inside of CAW objects (rocks) on top of game lots is not taken into account? Is that right or wrong? I'm just guessing there...

You should try waiting until another night for the Unicorn to show up again, and see if they spawn in the same location!

Have fun with Pets!

Anyways, I was just thinking about this thread, and I realized that I've never really shared any of my progress with you guys in my world, Castle Point! I suppose I'll have to share some things and photos with you guys, since you're always doing it, too! I mean, that is the purpose of this thread... But to save spam space, I'll just post a link to one of my threads!

I'm going to use this tomb as the final tomb of the world!
    The Peace Gardens

Hopefully I'll get some pics out as I make more progress on the world
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Actually, Bun, the purpose of this thread is to share sims and play custom worlds. Worlds in testing are fine, and I know that occasionally Rflong or Geminiagre will post a pic or two during the creation process but not very often. That is supposed to be what your WIP thread is for. :-)

Originalsim posted a spanish style house on the "That's Entertainment" thread that I was drooling over. I will have to see that one in-game! I'm still working on my modern monstrosity but it's taking forever. Hey, maybe that's what I should call it. I've been trying to think of a name! No doubt someone else has already thought of that, though. :lol:

Rukaya's sim Kiana is helping me test and build at the same time because I'm in a hurry to finish this darn thing. Plus, she was the only sim in my library that had gobs of simoleons. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    :oops: Woops! Said the wrong thing there! :oops:
    I meant it's a part of this thread, not the purpose of this thread! :oops:
    Sorry... :oops:

So I checked out Rflong's Once Upon an Isle world (absolutely flawless and gorgeous world!), and I looked at the woodlands area and I got a great idea for some characters to make for that section!

I've finished the first character! He took me several hours to make, but I'm proud of the results! :mrgreen:
    Guess who this is! :wink:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

8) He's really adorable in-game!
    Winnie the Pooh

I also uploaded his coat to the Exchange, so you can turn any dog into a shirt-wearing dog!
    The Doggie Shirt!

I'm trying to make Piglet right now. I'm not really sure where to go on from there, though.

But I did make another character. Well, not really a character, but they go right into the theme of the world! It's a robot toy dog, to live with Santa in the snowy cabin!
    He's adorable! The cutest part was, I just let the dog wander around the world, and guess who the very first new Sim he ran into was! :wink::

Uh, oh! There's a leak in the forums! People are posting in the Welcome section!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    LOL! I got little Winnie the P(oo)h. and rec'd :D

• Options
    JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi Everyone! Glad to hear everyone had a nice Mother's Day and enjoyed their families and furbabies. Mine was with my in-laws and parents and was absolutely great but then ended weird with my dad. We had this awesome day and then as he was leaving my dad suddenly says to me "That was a very nice card you got your mother. That's the kind you should be sending. And by the way, from now on for Christmas, stop sending that computer generated crap anyone and everyone can send and send a real Hallmark card. That would mean more to us. And make sure you mail it ON TIME!" I was really shocked and surprised because each year my daughter excitedly poses for our cards in her best dress and my husband lovingly photographs her and composes the message and then has the cards printed up by Shutterfly and we do mail them out ON TIME. I thought that was very personal and meaningful. But all these years my parents apparently were very offended, at least my dad has been. I'm still puzzling over that one. :shock: :?: I've asked around among friends of different age groups and so far nobody has said we have been committing a social faux pas. I guess my parents are just persnickety. Oh well, you can't please everyone...

The last time I played, I did play HS and I was very keenly interested in your observations about the unicorn, DD. I have experienced sudden freezes and lags, and I had no idea what had caused them. Now I will know where to look and will report back.

Yay....DM, so glad to hear your wife is enjoying the game! I do hope she is progressing well in her recovery and just having fun. And you, too.

When I played last, I was just messing around, trying to skill up a sim. I made her really awful and naughty. Dragging guys into hot tubs, wrecking relationships, arguing and insulting people...just wreaking the kind of havoc I normally do not wreak when I am playing seriously. I'd been intrigued when RFlong had that inappropriate sim so I made my sim inappropriate, too, and it's a fun trait! She had a blast with Bun's handsome redhaired guy sim. He's a nice looking fella! He was one of her boyfriends. And he was the one who was the most hopping mad and fought with her when she flirted with another guy in front of him at the gym. Ahh...fun times! He was a real firecracker! :mrgreen:

But now I have to return to my REAL game so I have to wipe out her memories of mayhem and destruction, adjust her traits to be a more normal upstanding citizen...and do the same for Bun. I renamed him "Ben Lunar" since he was named Lunar BunBunnyny and that was just kind of an odd name for guy. Not that Ben Lunar is exactly run of the mill...but...

Welcome WR! So GREAT to see you post here. I hope you make a habit of it! And unfortunately this may be all I get to post for a bit. I've got another monster week ahead of me. I appreciated the get well wishes, Tangie. Now I just have allergies to deal with. I can go back on my allergy meds now that I don't need the flu meds, so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon. My daughter is heavily scheduled next week so I will be, too, unfortunately. Today might be the only time I get for sims for another week. :?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Awwww, Winnie the Pooh is sooooo cute! What a great job, Bun! Rflong, I have to go check out your new work!

I didn't realize we have a new patch. I better check on that, too. And oh boy...crystals, yay...thanks for the link!
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2012
    Tangie, was checking the LA-ST thread and saw your list of fixes and noticed you listed a couple that I missed so added them to my list including the Veneto beach one. I use Cyberqueen's beach lot and didn't notice about the gig problem. I am confused about "Adobe" when referring to the stage . I am glad that Kiana is proving helpful. :D when my sim kids turn to YA's and move out on their own, I always give them a nest egg. I should probably upload them. I also start them off with some lifetime rewards such as the bladder of steel and fireproof home, and no bills. It's just my preference for when I play them. I was traumatized when one of my favorite sims was burned to a fatal crisp, and I had to quit the game to save him so I now get that reward ASAP.
    JM that is too sad about what your Dad said. As a mom and grandma, I am always happy to get cards, notes , letters whether by snail mail or e-mail from my children, and grandchildren. It means a lot that they take the time from their very busy lives and send me such thoughtful remembrances. He reminds me of my late father. He was extremely hard to please. :(
    Bun your little dogs are so very cute. Nice pictures. Tangie looking forward to your modern house. Is that Spanish house cc free? Now that I finished playing MV, I have to decide whether to finish my game in Storybrook county or go back to LA-ST and resume my game there.
    Is there any limit as to how many sims you can store in CAS?
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2012
    Tangie, went looking and found the site. Wow, what a beautiful home and no CC. Dl'd it and looking forward to trying it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    :lol: Jenny! (Or JM?)
    Yeah... I just come up with the first thing that comes to mind when naming my Sims! Sorry about that!

The crystals are now available in the Store from the Lunar Lakes link. The Tree of Prosperity has also apparently been given its own info page on the PC list! I'm not sure if it's available for individual sale because I already have it, but it is given a SimPoint Price!

Anyways, I've been reconsidering the Apocalypse Challenge... It's just really hard because:
    A) I keep getting confused to what I can and cannot do because the list is SO long, and...
    B) Someone messed up the Wikia page and now the colors of the text is all messed up and I don't know what is what anymore!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey just a quick reply - I technically have no internet - lightning took it out last night so I have jimmie-rigged a system to grab a wireless signal from who knows where - getting service here could take a while - but DD - don't worry about the Unicorn - it will never get permanently stuck - nor can you control where it spawns - adult Unicorns teleport and can get theirselves out of any jam (I'm not sure about their babies though) even regular adult horses can teleport - they just can't be trapped by trees or fencing in order to do it. But the Unicorn is never trapped by anything as it can also burn down things in it's way - i have even seen them set a sim on fire if it is threatening in some form or they have babies around and don't know the sim. Only sims that have achieved "friends of animals" and have let the Unicorn sniff them and does not get the bad thought bubble from the Unicorn is safe around them. But it will not even die if it appears trapped - by dawn it will teleport back to it's magical spot before the sun has risen.

They always spawn at waterfalls - and if there is no waterfall, then they spawn at usually the most remote lake or pond - preferably not on a lot, but they will even choose a lot if they can't find a lake or pond remote enough.

They might create a little lag until they get out of their dilemna, which is the one you can ignor, as they will safely get out of it.

Your biggest worry is the babies of Unicorns and horses, as they generally can't teleport, do get stuck, and generally can't climb stairs either like all babies. I am not positive about the baby Unicorns though as I have not seen a purebred one to be sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi, :D

Oh, Goodness- I hope it starts working well for you, WR. :D

And any help for me here from all you creative people...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/539859.page#8537330

I'm trying to make a smaller version of the board game world (only a lot). :D

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Heavens to Betsy, that is creative Rflong! It also sounds more doable then challenges for me, LOL. I've drawn a blank on suggestions but that doesn't mean one might not surface before you're done. Your ideas are anything but lame, LOL.

I'm not worried about the Unicorn's safety, WR, but am not happy at where it is spawning. Bun, I do think those are CAW rocks, btw. There isn't any way to interact with it when it's always in a location where it's stuck. While in the rocks, not visible at all and while stuck in the water, both it and the sim just kept throwing route fail, can't even watch it without the action dropping.

I went back into GFH last night and Kevin Red Star is now a singer. Be on the lookout, he will be available for tours soon, LOL. He needs to improve somewhat, illustrated below :D

Performing sing-a-gram for GW in the library, Kevin manages to fall on his rear end.
    GFHKevinFallSingGW.jpg

His next sing-a-gram was for Alistair MacLean and ooops, repeat of no grace involved fall, yet again. GW in the background wondered if Kevin should seek a new career :lol:
    GFHKevinFallSingAlistair.jpg

Aha! Snatched from the jaws of defeat, Kevin goes on to win the SimFest :shock: :lol:
    GFHKevinWinsSimFest.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi, everyone. Great pics, DD! Poor Kevin. :lol:

Gosh Rflong, I ran off to read your thread. As usual I am amazed at all your creativity! No suggestions come to mind right now but I'll see if I can come up with something.

Still working on the house. Updated exterior shots:

Screenshot-4-1.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

I love the premium content tablet. I love being able to purchase books with it and reading anything in the sim's inventory on it; also love that they can multi-task by listening to tabcasts while playing pool or whatever. Here's Kiana playing what looks to me like it might be Sims Social. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-3.jpg

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2012
    Nice pics everyone. I am still making over SV. Gobias ended up marrying one of the Frio brothers. :shock: I can't remember his first name, it was the one that didn't hook up with the Ursine chick.

I hope you all have a great weekend. t2922.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Wow Rflong those are so imaginative. You are amazing! Dice buildings, wow. I guess you just think it and then figure out a way to make it happen.

Oh my goodness WR I am so sorry to hear the lightning strike took out your internet. That must have been a horrible storm. I am worried what the summer weather is going to be like this year since we already have fireflies. :shock: I always associate fireflies with summer. I don't think in my whole life I have ever seen them in the spring. Ever.

Thank you for letting us know more about the unicorns. I've not seen one yet and didn't know anything about them at all. Some aspects of the Pets EP I just prefer not to delve into. Unicorns and their psi powers is one of them!

Rukaya thanks for your comments. I'm glad to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Sometimes one generation will do something that seems terribly tacky to another generation, especially in regards to technology. I am glad to hear from your perspective that holiday picture cards are not offensive, since you are in the same age range as my mom and dad. My in-laws also like the picture cards and proudly display them. Oh well if Hallmark is what it takes, Hallmark is what I will try and give them. No biggie.

And Rukaya I've followed your lead and now I use the Cheat codes to give my favorite sims a head start on desirable traits. I use the Speedy Cleaning one and I've also started using steel bladder to avoid the problem of public puddles for the sims I am not playing! :P

In other news, our oldest cat and our only male, whom I hand raised from his birth, passed away yesterday. He was 17. We are very sad but he was not ill, did not linger and enjoyed life right up to the day before. He had made friends with Gabby and we had plans of reintegrating him with the rest of the household, but then he just died suddenly. We think it was a heart attack. Now Meatball is the last of the cats left from the beginning of our marriage. We now call her "Betty White" because she's our last Golden Girl and very dear to us.

I'm going to get to play a little bit tonight. I'm afraid I did get addicted to playing a naughty troublemaker so I'm just going ahead and do that, and see what trouble my sim can stir up with Ben Lunar again in my REAL game! Whooooo! :mrgreen: