Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Content Reinstall Issues - Could Store Team comment, please?

When Geminiagre mentioned some of her installed worlds weren't showing in the World Explorer thread in the CAW forum, I mentioned that I found Lunar Lakes wasn't showing up in installed content. I hit the install button again and checked when it was done but apparently, as soon as I closed the launcher it disappeared from the instlled content tab. It was/is in game just not showing in that installed content tab.

I decided to redownload and reinstall all store content on fresh game files. Partially I did this because of several comments about content disappearing for some and the need to leave DCBackup files in now. I honestly hadn't noticed any missing content but thought better to be safe.

After all that work, not only was Lunar Lakes not showing up in the installed content tab, neither was Hidden Springs. I uninstalled Hidden Springs and tried reinstalling again from the download dashboard in game. It showed it installed but as soon as the launcher closes, poof, gone from that installed content tab. The same held true with Lunar Lakes.

I gave up and started a game in Hidden Springs, placing the FOY and spellbook on a park lot. The animations for the fountain were missing and I had gotten them to work in my old game files. I thought that I recalled uninstalling the spellbook and reinstalling it after adding HS was what did it. I didn't have spellbook animations but if I have to choose between the two, I choose the fountain because I like having the fountain animations better. That was when I discovered that even though the Goth Library lot shows in installed content, none of the individual items that came with it do, including the spellbook.

Checking more closely, none of the store sets with PC (premium content) in them show up in the installed content tab and that's even with all the .package files left in DCBackup, as well as the ccmerged package, which should not be removed ever, as I warned in the World Explorer thread when HS first released. The items are in my game but in the download tab of the launcher the sets, or HS, or LL, appear as if I haven't installed it/them. Obviously, the down side to this would be if I needed to delete and reinstall an individual item. Can't do that, if the item/s missing from the installed content tab can't be seen, even if they are in game.

I also bought a dresser yesterday and it isn't showing in that installed content tab, even though it did initially install and is in game. I am left wondering if there is a cap to the amount of installed content tha launcher will now show. Perhaps something new implemented by EA because of the number of people who have had launcher problems?

If I'm not correct about a cap, what needs to be done to get the missing items/sets, HS and LL worlds to actually show up in the installed content tab? Since I redownloaded everything and used brand new game files, I am at a complete loss.

BTW, I was able to get the fountain animations by downloading the spellbook. I first reinstalled it and got the "item already installed" message but it moved the spellbook .package file to the top of the DCBackup files. I closed the launcher to see if the spellbook would stay in the installed content tab but it did not, poof, it disappeared. I checked to install again and this time went to the installed content tab immediately while it showed and uninstalled it, plus removed the .package file from DCBackup. The next time I installed it, even though the spellbook yet again disappeard from the installed content tab when I closed the launcher, it updated the ccmerged.package, which gave me the fountain animations but removed them from the spellbook. Shame there has to be a choice made but I'm sure you guys are working on trying to make it possible to have both sets of animations.

In case you are wondering about my system specs, I have Win7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1; AMD Athlon IIx4 640 Processor; 8GB Ram and an Nividia GeForce GTX460 video card.

Comments

• Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2012
    I had that happen yesterday, I guess day before yesterday now, anyway...I started a new game...and this time I made sure to turn off the internet as I installed the downloads. The launcher was uninstalling worlds and entire sets. LL was one of the worlds uninstalled.

I updated origin...made sure I had a copy of all store bought stuff...and put them in huge groups to install...usually I try to keep them around 200 mgs....this time I installed 500 mgs and 600 mg groups, all while I was off the internet. As far as I can tell everything is there now. I haven't received any "replaced items" warnings on the builds I was working on.

I've had this happen three times now, all since the last pets patch on up to the latest. I am coming to the conclusion that you should download as much as you need too...into your downloads folder, but don't install until you have it backed up...then turn off the internet...making sure origin is up to date...then install in groups...keeping the total dcdb1.ebc files under 7 or 8. I think if you go over that you are in trouble. I don't think I will be buying from the store anymore...to bad...because I just about own the entire store.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    I find it ridiculous that we even have to have these conversations when this game is almost three years old. I am having the same problem with content uninstalling itself, coupled with the problem of installed content not appearing, and am sick and tired of this software not working.

Please, gurus, you need to do something about this now. How many times do we all have to post the same issues? The release of patch 1.29 and those since have just made an already annoying problem now extremely frustrating.

The fact that EA as a company has no solution for this is embarrassing.
  • Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I was just about to make a post about problems with re-installing store content (and i did buy them) that is giving me boxes as thumbnails in de launcher screen. Also when i scrolled through the installed tab there was a box thumbnail for the cauldron and ladle. While the more magic set did have a normal thumbnail when i installed it. And then there is the problem of scrolling through the installed content that broke the launcher and gave me big red crosses all over the launcher in the first place, the reason i re-installed every thing.

I totally agree with MrHawk it ís absurd that we have still so many problems, we have to re-install again and again. New EP'S AND Sp's are sold but the problems are still here or replaced by others. The launcher is not capable to handle the amount of CC properly, and i have only store content installed.

It is way overdue that this is fixed and it is only because of the extreme patience of the sims players and smart people in the sims communtity that this game is still played, but it is a big shame the situation is as it is.

We should have fun and not frustrated by things that do not work as they should and re-installing so many times.

Why are there so many people in the sims community that do have fixes for a lot of problems but not the people that made the game?
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    Jopie58 wrote:

Why are there so many people in the sims community that do have fixes for a lot of problems but not the people that made the game?

Because they're far too busy making more stuff to sell everyone. Don't look back, gotta make that cash! :roll:
  • Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, that's what i think too. It's like they depend on the clever people in the community for the fixes instead of making it their own priority and responsibility. Such a bad attitude imho.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    I just wanted to add that the same thing has also happened to me. Obviously there is absolutely no point in continuing to buy Store items if you cannot install them into your game. Sims Team, please fix this!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited May 2012
    To the OP...

It sounds like you need a fresh install....

not just uninstalling and reinstalling...

but deleteing all files in the dccache folder...and

installing everything like it was new...

i just did this myself...for my 42 week in BB save...and have had no ill effects and all my store content works...
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2012
    @Jenieusa, this was a fresh install. The content I've tried since reinstalling works and is in game but does not appear in the installed content tab and in the downloads tab, the icon appears as it would if I had just downloaded the set/world/item. The 2 worlds, HS and LL do just show little boxes rather than a pic.

@citytube, I should have also mentioned that before I started I made sure that Origin was up to date. Knock on wood, I'm not getting "replaced items" messages, the content is just absent from appearing under the installed content tab.

To everyone else, thanks for responding. At least Mr. Hawk, I have the fireplace you found has gone missing from your download of the Fiesta set. So far with the sets that I have checked, the content is in game just doesn't show in that installed content tab of the launcher.

The content not showing is what has made me wonder if there is a cap on the quantity of store content that shows and/or wonder if there is an issue with some sets/items/worlds. It seems to primarily be the sets with PC in them but there are other items affected. Like Jopie58, I'm now feeling that the launcher isn't capable of handling content correctly when it reaches a certain point of content installed but don't know what the size of that number is.

I'm also baffled with the Goth Library result, the lot itself appearing in the installed content tab but none of the items that come with the set. That simply makes no sense to me whatsoever.
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    I went to play on Thursday and when I opened my saved game it said some items were missing and replaced. My India set was missing in the build and half the regal, new steam punk, Gothic and all the magic including the spell book.(Magic home - WIP)

So, closed out and though the Gothic Library set said it was installed new it wasn't.
    Ended up having to reinstall more 75% of my full set. and 85% of my items own individuals. Always install set first. Anyway last night still notice. Items from the massive Ultra Lounge set I own and all the hampers and items in both sets and individual where not in store among some other minor items from other sets. So, today need to reinstall, again, everything to see what got missed.

The only thing I did prior to this mess was buy and DL the Fiesta set.

Posted on blewis blog that last evening cause I saw she had a similar issue just not as massive as mine.
    Please fix.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    I wonder if it has anything to do with 'authorizations issues'. It's always store content that's uninstalling, never cc.

From what I read, a lot of people had troubles logging in the last few days and also a lot of people have issues with uninstalling Store. What if the Store tries to verify if you are a legit user of Store items and when a login fails, it uninstalls the stuff ?

It's really just a theory but it just crossed my mind.

1. Is everyone of you using Origin ?
    2. Are you logged in the Launcher constantly ?

An answer from a Guru about the following would be interesting:

1. Do we need to keep any file in DCBackup except the ccmerged.package (It's clear that we have to keep that but what about the package files) ?
    2. Does Origin / the launcher any other authorization checks ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2012
    I started up my game today and got the objects missing error. It took me quite a while to find out that the deep fryer and the tree of prosperity ( I think that is what it's called- from LL )had uninstalled themselves.

My game was fine last night. Nothing was added to my game since playing last night. So I have no idea why it would do that.

I reinstalled the fiesta set again as well as Lunar Lakes... which both said were already installed. When I went back to my game, the deep fryer was now on lots again. The tree was back in the park.

Weird and annoying issue.

edit to add: I was wondering if there was a limit to the DCCache. I really only have store content. The only sims3pack CC that I have is patterns. But it is only about 35 patterns.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Got to add something about the Launcher/Installed Content Tab: If your stuff is in game, do not worry about this issue. The Launcher is not capable of showing all your downloads if you have a lot of them, after a certain amount, it decides to not show up in the launcher. This started happening to me too.

So yes, there is a cap.

If it's ingame, you're fine, do not worry about the launcher (only issue is that you can't uninstall the item). To uninstall items that don't show in the launcher, use the Method by Mell, described in this post: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I wonder if it has anything to do with 'authorizations issues'. It's always store content that's uninstalling, never cc.

From what I read, a lot of people had troubles logging in the last few days and also a lot of people have issues with uninstalling Store. What if the Store tries to verify if you are a legit user of Store items and when a login fails, it uninstalls the stuff ?

It's really just a theory but it just crossed my mind.

1. Is everyone of you using Origin ?
    2. Are you logged in the Launcher constantly ?

An answer from a Guru about the following would be interesting:

1. Do we need to keep any file in DCBackup except the ccmerged.package (It's clear that we have to keep that but what about the package files) ?
    2. Does Origin / the launcher any other authorization checks ?

Origins is not installed in my game. As I own all EP and Sp on disc. I use the 3booter short cut to launch game and only use launcher to DL. I only log in to launcher to upload only. I never play logged in in the launcher or while online. The store is disabled in game. Have ST but do not simport. Only the buy me feature in the buy build mode id not allowed access to internet there fore no featured items in game. As said only DL the new fiesta set and the new car. Game is up to date with patches. Read about the messing with DCBackup. So don't do it.

Also did a scan using sim 3 dashboard. on the files in dc backup and five files claimed to be corrupt dating they have an additional DBG file inside. dates of file is 4/15/2011, 4/16/2011, 4/17/2011 and 2 are 5/2/2012. Almost all the rest of the files are dated 5/5/2012. The day I did the mass reinstall. How can I see what game content those corrupt files, are so I can reinstall them? (Only have store content)

Thanks
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hmmm, as I have been busy redoing some of my hoods and slowly adding ST and in a couple cases Pets things to my many - many user made hoods - I am generally not logged in, but my pc is not disconnected from the internet - but i also NEVER use the launcher to start my game as I still use the FPS limiter and 3 booter - have since before WA came out and even though I own the whole store only once did I have an instance of a couple of CAS store hairs missing (from the set Cool Summer days - I think is the name - but it is the one with the hair with the one big braid - that and another of the female and the male hair was also missing). But before it came up missing I had been playing in Starlight Shore and at the tine was still logging in to play - so I sort of wonder about that logging in business - as since I stopped logging in nothing is ever missing that I can see. I know I have checked every time someone says they are missing something - but mine is always there and working.

I did notice when we were deleting dccbackup after Pets came out anyway I started seeing thumbnails go missing. I was not sure at the time what was causing that - but in game the item would be there, but the spot was just a blank. So right after I tested ST I did do a complete manual uninstall/reinstall of all my games and store content - and used the CC cleaner to clean my registry and had no further problem until I installed my own ST and started to log into the launcher. This was when the hairs disappeared by the way - not just the thumbnails but the whole hairs period.

But what I had done back in February was after I reinstalled everything I had made a copy of my dccache and dccbackup folder. I still had these, so I removed the ones ingame and then replaced them with my copies from my last reinstall. Then I went to my purchase history and added everything I had been gifted or bought since February. Made a copy of both these with all my content to date as back ups if it fails again.

In my case no store towns have ever came up missing, nor any PC and I have all of it to date. The three EA buildings I own are there as is their content - those things I have checked - I have checked my hairs and sort of checked sets as i think about them and so far things are staying put - but like I said i do not believe I have logged in since I replaced the contents of those two folders as I could not see the point of my flooding all my friends walls with my rebuilding and redoing thing in 35 plus hoods, so i don't log on. Also many of the towns I am adding updated populations to and the ST Venues are like the last thing I do - so I don't even have places to port in Sims in many cases until I am done with all my redo's - but I am seriously wondering if i want to log on at all if that is the culprit between all these issues.

By the way - I did once get the Red X issue and was told by a chat at Origin to make sure I had no third party content - if i did make sure it was all uninstalled, and any CC in houses removed from my hood too, then my 4 caches were to be cleaned - and then to check adobe flash player and adobe air for updates after I cleaned everything and rebooted my pc. I did as they said - the only third party CC I had was some Lady frontbum default skins, some roof recolors, Overwatch, and 3 LL added portal buildings by STW - which I removed then just moved out all my save games that had these building, roof or sims with those skins in them. Sure enough Flash player had an update, which I updated and the launcher has been fine since. But it was annoying I had to lose all my saves. So now I am redoing everything. EA needs to make the roof recolorable though, as I am not happy I had to lose all those colors and my skins too. I use so little third party CC - it just should not matter as they are not really CC - is it - I mean roof recolors? Really? But it did work and my launcher has not done that since.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Gingersnap - all my games are on disk too and I have Origin as Origin is now what keeps the launcher updated , it makes it possible for you to download from the store, it is necessary to run CAW and CAP, and why we have to have flash player. It gets installed even if you did not install it from what the sims team said. The game since Gen. installs Origin. It is also what makes the game updates possible. It has nothing to do with whether or not you have disk version. I also was told that soon Origin will take over all the updates and fixes and apply them to your game as the fixes are made. So eventually it sounds as if we won't even see the update thingy. But according to the Origin forums that is the next thing Origin will be doing.

Look in your game system files you will see Origin if you have Generations, Pets, or Showtime - you have Origin.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2012
    I wonder how long it will be before I have Origin. I wouldn't put it past them to *first* make it so that game updates only work through Origin, and *then* realise they still haven't made Origin Mac-compatible. :roll:

I also wonder whether the fact that since Generations the game installs Origin has something to do with the fact that since Generations the Mac gamers have started to complain about 'exception raised' errors in Cider (the emulator that they used to make the game run on a Mac).

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Maybe I should add my own info.

I don't have Origin installed on any of my machines and I never log in the launcher to download or install. I get the message, can't connect to Origin every time and I update manually.

I use AnyGameStarter to start my game so I only use the Launcher for installing my Store Content and as WR I own the Store except a few items which I can't get cause they are either SimPoint bundle rewards or were rewards for Origin purchase or EP purchase which were not available in my country as well as the birthday reward which obliviously only Americans qualify for.

I don't use the ingame Store but the one time I tried, it wouldn't work anyways cause although I was clearly logged in as soon as I load the Dashboard, it tells me to log in (although it has my nick and all info on the left hand side of it).

I did log in the game to SimPort but that never since.

I never had anything disappear on my although I do delete the DCBackup file but then again, I don't play that much and tend to start over a lot. Only thing I am missing is the BahHause fence but I believe that to be a whole other issue.

I think WR Method of installing everything and then saving copies of both your DCCache und DCBackup folders is the best way to go. Just shove those back if stuff goes missing.

Oh, and my game is heavily modded and I also use CC, but only package file cc, no Sims3Pack CC except a few worlds. My launcher only has Store Content but since about two month ago, the newer sets don't show up in the launcher. Everything is ingame.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Gingersnap - all my games are on disk too and I have Origin as Origin is now what keeps the launcher updated , it makes it possible for you to download from the store, it is necessary to run CAW and CAP, and why we have to have flash player. It gets installed even if you did not install it from what the sims team said. The game since Gen. installs Origin. It is also what makes the game updates possible. It has nothing to do with whether or not you have disk version. I also was told that soon Origin will take over all the updates and fixes and apply them to your game as the fixes are made. So eventually it sounds as if we won't even see the update thingy. But according to the Origin forums that is the next thing Origin will be doing.

Look in your game system files you will see Origin if you have Generations, Pets, or Showtime - you have Origin.

Hi, WR. It might be there on the disc, but inactive, cause I deleted it using windows remove program thingy, after I purchased simpoints from them and found out it was safe to get them off my computer to ensure the integrity of my privacy . I also, get can't connect to Origins :lol: message if I use launcher for DL store content or to upload (only time I log in.) Use aux links to update, that allows me to first save to desktop, then apply to game. Auto-update is OFF.

Guess, when they go to the Darkside I'm done. Have no badge options:mrgreen: in-game nor do any achievements upload to My Page regarding me, nor memories. Thank God.
    Me
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SirTimidSirTimid Posts: 32
    edited May 2012
    Hi folks,

First post on these forums. I had problems similar to what's been described and I did the following. I have no idea why it worked, but it did so proceed at your own risk

1) I deleted the following package files:
    UserPresets
    CasPartCache
    CompositorCache
    scriptCache
    SimCompositorCache
    SocialCache

[I copied these onto my desktop before deleting, just to be safe. Everything 'regenerated' except userPresets]

2) In properties I made both the sims launcher and Origin to be run as administrators upon launch.

3) I backed up my saves!

5) I removed all CC.

4) I copied the entire download folder onto my desktop

5) In the launcher I selected all my downloaded content. Everything including custom lots etc and deleted them. However, some stuff (corrupt?) would not be deleted this way so I went into the downloads folder and deleted it manually.

6) Realize to my horror that everything in the downloads folder on the desktop has vanished as well!

7) Re-run the launcher to see everything, INCLUDING the things that registered as uninstalled to be perfectly fine and dandy. This includes lots I got from the exchange and some CC. Everything was there and in the downloads folder despite being deleted. I run the game and everything appears to be in game as well. [I have a fair bit of store content so I haven't checked everything, but most glaring holes appear to have been filled in]

as I said, I have no idea why it worked so proceed at your own risk!

Hope this helps,

SirTimid
  • Options
    SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited May 2012
    I never had this happen until I purchased my new PC, and did a brand new install. There was not a single piece of content staying installed in the game. I have since chosen alternate methods to guarantee my paid content stays installed, but here are a few things I noticed...

When trying to install all 900 files of store content at once, not a single thing installed. When I installed items one by one (yea, like I was really going to do that 900 times :roll: ) the items were staying in. I began installing the items 2 x 2, and then 5 x 5...etc etc. Once I installed 570 files of Store content into the game, items began to disappear. Was that the cap? I have always thought in the back of my mind that the store team never anticipated anyone owning the entire store or over a certain amount of content. Had they, maybe the launcher would be a better piece of... :P

So I ran a different test. I installed 100 files of store content one by one. I played a few hours, stopped and did another round of one by one's. I repeated until I had over 500 files installed, and AGAIN...uninstalled pieces of content. There has to be a cap, or a certain point where the launcher just can't handle anymore store content.

• Origin is installed on both my PC's, but I use PC Tools to block it's connection while inactive.

• I am never logged into my launcher when installing.

• I always dump my cache's in the game file, and do not delete the DCBackup contents.

I have no idea how to help since I have been trying to pinpoint the issue for months now, but I really do hope they find a solution for everyone soon. I have found my guaranteed install method, but something still needs to be done. I should not have to seek 3rd party methods to fix a piece of software. :?

The launcher is a terrible piece of software for this game and I wish it wasn't necessary to install content through it. :x It would be so much easier and hassle free if we could "Save The File" and then plop it into a folder within the game file that enabled it. Anything is better than this! :lol:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Crinrict, I agree that having the content in game although not appearing under the installed content tab is certainly a better scenario than also not having the content in game. It is a problem in my mind, though, because buying store content to begin with has, and is, a leap of faith for me. I have and will always prefer to have a disc that is tangible in hand. Hence, logical or not, it bothers me. It also doesn't help that I know there are errors in the store for content that I own. I.E., I own the Jet Set Elders set but on the male elder page, several of the individual items included in the set are not being shown as owned.

I've pretty well confirmed that there is a cap on content shown because I was gifted a fashion last evening. I installed it and although when looking at the installed content tab immediately after installation it shows, it disappears after closing the launcher. I had to physically start the game to be sure it was indeed present in CAS.

If a store team member could indicate approx. how many of the .ebc files in DC Cache will show in the launcher, it would be helpful. I think my decision at this point has to be to reinstall content again, prioritizing what I want to show for earlier .ebc files and will most likely not reinstall some things, such as the broken Flute Forward dress. It's been broken since Ambitions was released, I believe, and I'm tired of waiting on a fix. That item should be pulled from the store catalogue until EA gets around to fixing it because it is a waste of money to purchase it.

Crinrict, your link to the tutorial on your blog has been bookmarked and I thank you for it. However, it is for .dbc files and store content is in .ebc files. Am I correct in assuming the content in those .ebc files will appear in the launcher under installed content as apparently happens with the .dbc files?

As for Origin, I have already indicated that it is on my machine and I keep it updated. I am not always logged in via the launcher but I do use Simport. While helping Gem test her custom built ST venues, we simported heavily as a matter-of-fact.

That brings up a comment from me for simport users. Know where your DCBackup file is prior to simporting so that all the files added by a simported sim can be deleted when you shut down your game. After one session I had 13 files left by a visiting sim and decided to look at them in s3pe. There were 12 pieces of custom content and a memories file for that sim. You don't need another sim's memories, nor do you need .package files of all cc attached to that sim. It does indeed appear that all cc used for the imported sim, whether in use at the time of the visit or not, gets imported. Since the patch to address cc on imported sims, it is not actually going into the game. That I can confirm because before I deleted those package files, I checked in game to see if the content appeared in CAS and it did not.

I, too, would like a definitive answer as to the necessity of keeping .package files in DCBackup, other than ccmerged. I tried to get an answer to this package file question within the first 3 months of game release in the tech forum. At that time, finally, Nichaedemus responded that they were backup and would be helpful to recover content. I commented on the growing amount of content and the size of the folder and he added that at some point the size would have to be managed by the user. Managed? I assume that means cleaned out, which could only be accomplished by deletion, as far as I know. That was way back, though, and now we know the game does refer to the ccmerged file because PC breaks if that file is removed.

Welcome to the forums, SirTimid. Those cache files are safe to delete and will regenerate when the game is next started. The UserPresets contains the data from recolors you do in CAS and save. If that file is deleted, those recolors will no longer remain in game.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    You can do the same for the ebc files. It should work accordingly.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the fast response, Crinrict. Your blog and help offered to the community is simply awesome :D

@SimsVIP - Here, here! I also want to plop a saved file into a game folder rather than have a launcher. Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to get that option. :(

Gads, reading your post makes me grateful that at least my content showed up. My confidence in it remaining installed, however, is severely shaken.
  • Options
    SirTimidSirTimid Posts: 32
    edited May 2012
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:

Welcome to the forums, SirTimid. Those cache files are safe to delete and will regenerate when the game is next started. The UserPresets contains the data from recolors you do in CAS and save. If that file is deleted, those recolors will no longer remain in game.

Glad to be here,

Unfortunately it seems to be a trend with all major game industries these days to release glitchy products and than do nothing about it.

Hope EA proves us wrong, but from what I've seen...

Cheers,

ST.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    KarinL - The former EADM is supposed to be utilized to work with Macs from what I have seen using Mac Technology. Don't know much more than that - but i do not believe it would serve any purpose to put Origin on a Mac as it will not use the same technology. I highly doubt it would even install.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!