Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Moment In Time (12/18) 51: Wanting More

Comments

• Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited May 2012
    I decided to disregard the dieing naturally because I think it makes more sense for the Bridgeport notes from EA on the Vampire factions of new vs old if the age difference was centuries vs. decades. I'm coming to the point in the story I'll be touching on this since I adopted it into my story.

I think it will also be fun to see the previous generation around as the generations progress so I'll be buying age freeze for all of my vampires. :mrgreen:

"the Bridgeport notes from EA on the Vampire factions of new vs old if the age difference was centuries vs. decades."

What does that mean?

I'll admit there was a LONG period of time that I didn't play sims, so this is news to me.

Also, I used to view magic and vampires as "jumping the shark" for a sims version. As in, get ready for a ... well next would be sims4, but this time is different.

But that meant I don't know much about sims3 vamps. I played some when latenight first came out, but then ignored them.

And now I'm curious.

And why does this make me feel like such a nub? :lol:
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:
    I decided to disregard the dieing naturally because I think it makes more sense for the Bridgeport notes from EA on the Vampire factions of new vs old if the age difference was centuries vs. decades. I'm coming to the point in the story I'll be touching on this since I adopted it into my story.

I think it will also be fun to see the previous generation around as the generations progress so I'll be buying age freeze for all of my vampires. :mrgreen:

"the Bridgeport notes from EA on the Vampire factions of new vs old if the age difference was centuries vs. decades."

What does that mean?

I'll admit there was a LONG period of time that I didn't play sims, so this is news to me.

Also, I used to view magic and vampires as "jumping the shark" for a sims version. As in, get ready for a ... well next would be sims4, but this time is different.

But that meant I don't know much about sims3 vamps. I played some when latenight first came out, but then ignored them.

And now I'm curious.

I just wasn't too clear in that. If you click on all of the vampire households in "Edit Town" you'll find them all referring to being allied with one of two vampire factions. I tend to go in and read all of the household notes EA puts in if I'm using certain townies because I do sort of like to preserve EA's ideas.

I love magic and fantasy so I'm having fun with Sims 3 additions and CC. I never played Sims 2 so I really can't relate or compare the two games but every game or show I think eventually has a "jump the shark" moment.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

What does that mean?

And now I'm curious.

I just wasn't too clear in that. If you click on all of the vampire households in "Edit Town" you'll find them all referring to being allied with one of two vampire factions. I tend to go in and read all of the household notes EA puts in if I'm using certain townies because I do sort of like to preserve EA's ideas.

I love magic and fantasy so I'm having fun with Sims 3 additions and CC. I never played Sims 2 so I really can't relate or compare the two games but every game or show I think eventually has a "jump the shark" moment.

Ah, okay. I'll have to check it out. I read the whole EA story bits when it first came out for Sunset Valley, but then got mad when the game's story progression was flat. (thank goodness for twallan!)

Then I just got caught up in my own agenda.

Loved the ghost baby... :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Nice chapter.

I hope that Caitlin is okay and won't be angry at Gabi for not telling her the vision. Nate is falling into the role of Gabi's protector pretty easily.

The Ghostbaby chapter was fun to write. lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Nice chapter.

I hope that Caitlin is okay and won't be angry at Gabi for not telling her the vision. Nate is falling into the role of Gabi's protector pretty easily.

The Ghostbaby chapter was fun to write. lol.

Caitlin is busy being demanding to the nursing staff, so she'll be just fine if they don't kill her first. :)

Caitlin specifically asked to not be told the vision. She asked Gabby about it as she visited if that was the vision, and Gabby told her no. Then she asked, much to Gab's chagrin, to not hear it. Stubborn little sister.

And Gabby can't help but think that maybe it's best she doesn't know. After all, Gabs knows her own fate and hates that she does. Why put someone else through that?

I put all that because it happens in between this chapter and the next one. It'll be mentioned briefly, maybe if I remember, in a further away chapter.

Nathaniel is just about believing totally that the vision is a inevitability, so why fight it? edit: And he's aggravated that Gabby wishes it wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Poor Gabby and Nate.

Good Chapter tough.

Edit: Oh! I also wanted to tell you I linked this and Cutest Lil Jazz Singer on my blog as a favorite story.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Poor Gabby and Nate.

Good Chapter tough.

Edit: Oh! I also wanted to tell you I linked this and Cutest Lil Jazz Singer on my blog as a favorite story.

That was one of the more difficult chapters I've ever written. It probably doesn't look it. I have trouble writing arguments, and that argument needed to border on ridiculous. I literally had to write out and have in front of me what each character was thinking and then decide what they would say about what they thought the other person thought while trying to slightly hide what they were really thinking. If you're confused now, you understand. :lol:

Really?! Cool, thanks! How could you do that since you're not on blogger? RSS feed? This is all still new to me. I keep wondering how I can follow your blog w/o having to sign up for anything and cuz I often want to comment. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I had to make a custom menu and just link everyone's I wanted to include and then I put it in the sidebar. I'm not sure how it works for Blogger but I've seen lists on people.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I had to make a custom menu and just link everyone's I wanted to include and then I put it in the sidebar. I'm not sure how it works for Blogger but I've seen lists on people.

*does happy dance* I figured it out. :)
  • Options
    nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2012
    I love this story! I'm only on chapter 3 but I had to take a minute to tell you what an awesome job you did. Can't wait to read the rest!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    (edit: I have no idea why they quote thing screwed up.)

What a pleasant surprise! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) Hope you like the rest just as much and thanks for commenting!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another episode released tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Caught up! I had a busy weekend. I'm enjoying this story still.

Gabby and Nate are both very stubbron. I wonder what's going to happen to break down the stand off.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Gabby and Nate are both very stubbron. I wonder what's going to happen to break down the stand off.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Glad you got caught up!

For some reason I like to write stubborn characters. Maybe because I can relate? Nah, couldn't be that.

Hehe. :)

Still, this stand off doesn't need to go on much longer. Literally. Literary. As in, it drove me up the wall to write it, hence the horse drama to make it better. :lol:

Tomorrow's episode--it gets better and that's all I'll say. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options