Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Moment In Time (12/18) 51: Wanting More

Hello! If you clicked my banner and are interested in my other three stories, their links are below. :)

And this thread should be a sticky: The Story Board - post your stories here or at least one like it.

This is the forum thread for A Moment In Time. It's a paranormal/vampire drama for ages 18+. It's about a man that was turned during an American Civil War battle that in the present day meets a woman with an uncanny ability to predict the future.

Chapter listing:

Part One Summary
Part Two Summary

Part One:
Prologue
1: The Future
2: Despair
3: Swimming Upstream
4: Quite the Vision
5: Puppies and Rainbows
6: Gus
7: Leather
8: Politics
9: On/Off Switch
10: Headache & Heartache
11: Compliments
12: Oh, I Know
13: The Odd Couple
14: I've Never Heard Any Complaints
15: It's Genetic
16: Fear
17: Heavy-hearted to Lightheaded

Part 2:

Opener: Starting Over
18: Make Yourself at Home
19: The Other One
20: Oh Yes You Will
21: Renovations
22: Daggers of Ice
23: Discoveries
24: Powerful and Weak
25: Piano Lesson
26: Stronger Bond
27: Near Future
28: Poker Face
29: My Marge
30: Looking Glass
31: Somebody to Love
32: Trust
33: Carnival
34: Not Good Enough
35: Frustratingly Fantastic

Part 3:

Part 3 Opener: A New Idea
36: Stretching Out
37: Unlikely Allies
38: Something He Loves
39: Not Dead Yet
40: Shock
41: Taken
42: Attraction
43: Blast
44: Cruel World
45: Timing is Everything
46: Every Rose Has Its Thorn
47: Too Many Barriers
48: Even Playing Field
49: Extortion
50: Old Friends
51: Wanting More

I also have other stories as well: (click the pics)

My first one, Queen of Denial:
y8wivy
There is a summary to update 101 here.

Also, there's a story that I make a valiant attempt at historical fiction:
IIhmI8
http://cutest-lil-jazz-singer.blogspot.com/

A Story With No Title. (Yes, that's the title. The reason is explained in the first chapter.)
Screenshot-279-1.jpg

My almost-a-legacy-but-mostly-freeplay on my Random Simming blog:
Screenshot-517.jpg

I also have a pose blog:

Screenshot-28a.jpg

Mypalsim's Poses For Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm really enjoying this so far.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Thanks!

Edit: And I just read your latest baby challenge update/chapter. "finer points of her anatomy" had me rotfl!!! I had chuckled a little at the cute antics, but when I read that I was done for. I had to find the tissue box! Very entertaining!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

Thanks!

Edit: And I just read your latest baby challenge update/chapter. "finer points of her anatomy" had me rotfl!!! I had chuckled a little at the cute antics, but when I read that I was done for. I had to find the tissue box! Very entertaining!!

Thanks. With this BC I'm going for a black comedy which is something I've not done before so I'm happy people have been amused with it so far. :)
  • Options
    inspiritsgoldeninspiritsgolden Posts: 136 New Member
    edited May 2012
    ooh, you've caught my interest! definitely want to see where this is headed. or, well, what leads to where it's headed. :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ooh, you've caught my interest! definitely want to see where this is headed. or, well, what leads to where it's headed. :roll:

Neat! I hope you enjoy it. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, I couldn't stop myself from writing the next chapter for this one before the others. :)

Screenshot-187.jpg

3: Swimming Upstream
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So good.

I loved the last line in the chapter btw.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So good.

I loved the last line in the chapter btw.

So glad.

I almost got off on a tangent with the last paragraph, but after the last sentence came to me I was like, "no, that's it. en punto." :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    bump, tho I am gonna try to update today.
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited May 2012
    So glad I found this thread, I just stumbled upon your story, and I love it. I'm dying to find out how Gabriella's vision is going to affect their lives. Looking forward to the next update. :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So glad I found this thread, I just stumbled upon your story, and I love it. I'm dying to find out how Gabriella's vision is going to affect their lives. Looking forward to the next update. :)

I'm so glad you love it! I'm having a blast!

The next update we get to meet Gabby's sister, Caitlin, and the vision that Nate 'saw' as Gabriella was having it is shown as well. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Great Chapter. I love the premise of the story.

I hope Augustus doesn't cause problems. Its a little suspicious to me he just happened to turn up when this happened.

Vampire stories can really be fun to write. I'm having fun with mine and I hope you are with yours. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Great Chapter. I love the premise of the story.

I hope Augustus doesn't cause problems. Its a little suspicious to me he just happened to turn up when this happened.

Vampire stories can really be fun to write. I'm having fun with mine and I hope you are with yours. :mrgreen:

Augustus honestly did visit Nate because he was... bored. That's his main problem. Boredom. Well.. that WAS his main problem. Everyone else would've been better off if he'd just stayed bored. >.> <.<

Oh, that reminds me! I really liked the beach wedding in one of your slightly earlier updates! And then... mac and cheese for wedding day dinner. That's awesome. (Tho I am SO SICK AND TIRED of mac and cheese and salad for my sims to eat cuz I rarely bother to up their cooking skill hehe.)

Glad you liked my latest chapter! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Chapter five is done!

Screenshot-13.jpg

5: Puppies and Rainbows

(This title cracks me up!)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Puppies and Rainbows indeed!

So she's going to meet Augustus? That can't be good...

Yes that was in my Ambrose Legacy. I'm glad it was enjoyed. I thought it suited Rita's personality to be married in a unique way.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Puppies and Rainbows indeed!

So she's going to meet Augustus? That can't be good...

Yes that was in my Ambrose Legacy. I'm glad it was enjoyed. I thought it suited Rita's personality to be married in a unique way.

I think I'm going to laugh for days every time I glance at that title. :)

Yeah, Nate (tho sometimes lately he's actually liked it) is really getting bugged by not being able to block Gabby, and he wonders if taking Gabby to Augustus will work. He also knows it's inevitable that they should meet, so it would be better to do so under his supervision.

I guess it's okay to say that already since I so obviously hinted at it. ;)

Ohhh but wait 'til Augustus meets Gabby! Ever hear the expression "bite off more than you can chew"? hehe.

I hope that all makes sense. .. I need sleep lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I enjoyed this one. I love Gab calling Augustus "Gus" so cute.

I agree with the theory of the virus. I've thought of it the same way since in this Sim Vamps eventually die naturally also. The alien virus is a pretty original idea though. lol.

I'm not going to get to deep into the origins of vampirism or anything in my vampire story so I haven't really put thought into where the original vampire would come from. I like your theory though.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I enjoyed this one. I love Gab calling Augustus "Gus" so cute.

I agree with the theory of the virus. I've thought of it the same way since in this Sim Vamps eventually die naturally also. The alien virus is a pretty original idea though. lol.

I'm not going to get to deep into the origins of vampirism or anything in my vampire story so I haven't really put thought into where the original vampire would come from. I like your theory though.

Hmm. I dunno if I'm going to have mine die, obviously since Gus is over 2k years old.

I've been just DYING to write Gus sometimes instead of typing out the longer name. I don't know WHAT I was thinking making my characters' names so freakin long.

My grandmother thought viruses were aliens. Or is it my mom? Anyway, I got the idea from them about the viruses being aliens. (and when they told me I did imagine the little virus-sized spacecraft)

Glad you liked it. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I decided to disregard the dieing naturally because I think it makes more sense for the Bridgeport notes from EA on the Vampire factions of new vs old if the age difference was centuries vs. decades. I'm coming to the point in the story I'll be touching on this since I adopted it into my story.

I think it will also be fun to see the previous generation around as the generations progress so I'll be buying age freeze for all of my vampires. :mrgreen: