Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this $29.99

Comments

• Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I don't know why it's so expensive but can speculate about it. :)

I'm gonna wait until it's cheaper. It's not worth the price tag even if I like most of the items. :)

I would watch Amazon too - they already reduced the price by $4 and now someone said today it was down $8 for the preorder so they might go down quickly after it releases depending on how well sales go once it is released. They had Showtime reduced before Origin dropped the price 20% so I expect they will be dropping it again to beat Origin's price. I suspect you will see KPST at the $19 normal SP price within a few weeks of release.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    Yes they did say this was a mega pack and we were told to watch the catalog pictures and screenshots to see how many more items we are getting over the largest SP we have ever see... which would be town life with 71 items. So far its just a few more items then we had in town life, not the 'dozen and dozens' of extras they said would be in the mega pack. Dozens and Dozens, which was what was hyped in the Live Chat would make you like of 12 times 4 or more and there is not that many showing up, and they promised we would see them all in the screenshots before the next Live Chat.
    IKR? :lol:

But the way I calculated that "dozens and dozens" statement was this math derivation:

1 doz = 12 things. So dozens and dozens = 12 + 12 = 24

BUT

the SimGuru also said this was going to be the biggest SP to date. :-o

So if Town Life had 71 items, then KPSP would have to have a minimum of 72 items. :P

And note this also assumes these 72 items are NOT unique. So we could end up getting "dozens of dozens" of copies of the same item, but with diffrent design/stencil meshes :lol:

The good news is that all this simmer angst will soon be over. Given EA's track record, I personally am getting lots of popcorn handy for what will likely amount to a crying game for die hard KP fans :lol:
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    Yes they did say this was a mega pack and we were told to watch the catalog pictures and screenshots to see how many more items we are getting over the largest SP we have ever see... which would be town life with 71 items. So far its just a few more items then we had in town life, not the 'dozen and dozens' of extras they said would be in the mega pack. Dozens and Dozens, which was what was hyped in the Live Chat would make you like of 12 times 4 or more and there is not that many showing up, and they promised we would see them all in the screenshots before the next Live Chat.

But the way I calculated that "dozens and dozens" statement was this math derivation:

BUT

So if Town Life had 71 items, then KPSP would have to have a minimum of 72 items. :P

And note this also assumes these 72 items are NOT unique. So we could end up getting "dozens of dozens" of copies of the same item, but with diffrent design/stencil meshes :lol:

The good news is that all this simmer angst will soon be over. Given EA's track record, I personally am getting lots of popcorn handy for what will likely amount to a crying game for die hard KP fans :lol:

I don't get why people would cry about something they bought when all the information we need to know about a SP is released weeks and months before it comes out. So I can only see people crying if they didn't do their research and felt like they didn't get what they paid for or if there are broken items in KPSP. But then again, this is EA so I guess anything can happen.
  • Options
    GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:

BUT

You won't have to wait until the SP is out. Just wait until the end of the walkthrough on the 24th. I promise you that will be the start of the whole "crying" thing. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:

BUT

I almost totally agree with you except for what dozens and dozens means.

One dozen = 12, and a couple of dozen = 24, and dozens - more then 24. So dozens and dozens (plural and plural) should mean 48 or more.

And I agree on the meshes that get re-used, both from other packs and this one. Okay so the bikes are "new" as in they added a round plate in the wheels to the ones already in game, but they count as at least 3 objects in the catalog because 2 are chocolate and one is striped.

I don't count changing a texture or color as making it a new item. The bar stools are "new" because they took the one in game and removed the foot rest and turned the seat from chrome to striped.

The rugs are not new, we have had those circular rugs for a while in game and all they did was recolor them.

Many of the outfits are 'new' and they count each one "new" because they did change a stencil or take a cupcake off or add one on or removed or replaced a bow or a record or a sash.

When I figured out my count I did not count the dresses that were only changed by pattern or stencil or hairstyles that only the hair color was changed. In the Live Chat Jennifer said we would see the 5 new hairstyles in the catalog and 5 are shown but 3 are the same mesh with the hair recolored brown, blue and pink. To me that is 1 hairstyle, not 3. The other two hairstyles are the same except for color too, which again is 1 new style, not two.

I did count the pool, not that the pool is new but several people have made a big deal about getting "pool tiles" (including the producers) like it was a new building too instead of what it really is: wallpaper (you can apply any wallpaper to a pool which is how you change their color). In my opinion wallpaper should not be 'new content' but since they will obviously count it having made a big deal about it I did two.

The lots at most count for 1 thing because everything in them is already counted as a new piece of content even if some of it is not displayed in the catalog - that is because its content from Outdoor Life and other SP's and EP's that have been recolored. I don't know if a lot is really considered content per se, but I did count them.

I really suspect that their count will include patterns and stencils that are already applied to content in this pack so that you get things like 5 outfits that are the same but have different patterns and stencils + 3 new stencils and 5 new patterns or colors - 13 items instead of really just 1 new mesh and 3 stencils.

The hype of "dozens and dozens more items then you ever saw in a stuff pack before", "a super stuff pack", "oh no you mean a MEGA stuff pack" really makes one think of a pack that would hold close to double the amount of items but 24 more items does not really justify the extra $10 dollars I don't think. Maybe 48 would be closer to justification depending on how much that 48 is filler (patterns and such) and how many are real unique objects.

I still think the whole 'Mega Stuff Pack' was more damage control to try and get people away from the obvious idea that the extra $10 was to pay KP for the endorsement. Simmers as a whole are not stupid people and don't buy all of EA's hype and all they have to do is look at the KPC edition of showtime that is no different then the regular version was except KP did not endorse it to know what the $10 is for - the KPC edition was not a "Mega EP" for that extra $10 - it had nothing in it that was not in the regular edition unless you could the . I think EA slide by without anyone complaining too much about the KPC edition being $10 more because you could opt out of the KP hype and just get anon-endorsed copy and still have the complete game with all the contents. I really doubt that anyone getting the KPC version though that the download incentive for that edition was worth an addition $10 and knew they were paying for the endorsement. Fans were happy cause they could get that and non fans, or those not willing to pay KP for her name on the box had an alternative.

Had EA had 2 versions of the SP, "Sims Sweet Treats" and then KPST, fans could get the endorsed copy and others could just get the one for $10 less without the endorsement. Instead they came up with this "Super Stuff Pack" idea that no one had heard about until this forum got pretty hot over the whole more costly due to the endorsement fee.

You probably want to get a extra large popcorn because release day should be a hoot. There are people still confused over whether this is really another EP; those that will start counting what they really got; those that expected more and when they did not get it helpful KP fans will direct them to the store or other EP's to get things that will help the SP work. There will be grumbles and there will be "we have been saying that" and "did you ever read this forum before you bought it" and a whole lot of demand for EA to fix what they thought they were getting and what they really ended up with. It should be a laugh a minute.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:

You probably want to get a extra large popcorn because release day should be a hoot. There are people still confused over whether this is really another EP; those that will start counting what they really got; those that expected more and when they did not get it helpful KP fans will direct them to the store or other EP's to get things that will help the SP work. There will be grumbles and there will be "we have been saying that" and "did you ever read this forum before you bought it" and a whole lot of demand for EA to fix what they thought they were getting and what they really ended up with. It should be a laugh a minute.

Well, that's how it always is after any expansion or stuff pack release. I don't see why it should be different now. :D

And I would guess it's the same for anyone who doesn't check things out before buying. 8)
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    stormwench wrote:

Well, that's how it always is after any expansion or stuff pack release. I don't see why it should be different now. :D

And I would guess it's the same for anyone who doesn't check things out before buying. 8)

Pretty much.

I don't get why it would be funny, I find it baffling. Why would you not check something out before you buy it?
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    stormwench wrote:

Pretty much.

I don't get why it would be funny, I find it baffling. Why would you not check something out before you buy it?

Impulse buy- because they like it anyway- the box is pretty... :D
    They wanted to try a new game... they're friends like it...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can see the SP alone, if you already have TS3 being an impulse buy but to a KP fan who has not already been playing the sims that's an expensive impulse buy because you have to have, at least, the base game. That adds up to $60 or there about depending on any sale you hit - but most impulse purchases are when someone sees the box not when they see the box and its on sale. That's a lot of money, especially if someone is not even clear on what a SP is (we have seen many here who are confused between SP and EP lately) or has ever played the game before.

If you keep up with FB comments you will notice that there are many KP fans who think KPST is a game itself featuring KP and her stuff. Many don't seem to get the part about needing the base game to use the SP or anything about the game in general

If my local Gamestop manager is correct then he is really relying on those fans to stream in and make these impulse purchases on release day because so far he has not had one preorder for the SP. He said that many people had commented on the price or who was KP when he knew they bought TS2 and TS3 games and thought they would want to preorder this, when they said no they did not. He says he has assured those with price issues that it would go on sale pretty quickly he thought, which is good news for many.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    I can see the SP alone, if you already have TS3 being an impulse buy but to a KP fan who has not already been playing the sims that's an expensive impulse buy because you have to have, at least, the base game. That adds up to $60 or there about depending on any sale you hit - but most impulse purchases are when someone sees the box not when they see the box and its on sale. That's a lot of money, especially if someone is not even clear on what a SP is (we have seen many here who are confused between SP and EP lately) or has ever played the game before.

If you keep up with FB comments you will notice that there are many KP fans who think KPST is a game itself featuring KP and her stuff. Many don't seem to get the part about needing the base game to use the SP or anything about the game in general

If my local Gamestop manager is correct then he is really relying on those fans to stream in and make these impulse purchases on release day because so far he has not had one preorder for the SP. He said that many people had commented on the price or who was KP when he knew they bought TS2 and TS3 games and thought they would want to preorder this, when they said no they did not. He says he has assured those with price issues that it would go on sale pretty quickly he thought, which is good news for many.

I work at a gamestop here and tbh i'm already getting my laugh in.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    You won't have to wait until the SP is out. Just wait until the end of the walkthrough on the 24th. I promise you that will be the start of the whole "crying" thing. :wink:
    Good Lord you're right. I nearly missed the start of the kick off! :shock: thx for the heads up. :lol:

@ stormwench
    articulated to perfection! :thumbup: While my optimistic streak tells me to hold out for 72 items--it can't deny the logic of your conservative estimate. Besides, if that's the case, the crying game becomes a monsoon on the 24th. :P

I totally agree with your assessment of the "new" content like that bike and the hair meshes. It's really going to suck if their definition of "new" items has little or no unique items. This mega SP could go down as being the most expensive SP for recolored & new stencils of existing game content to date. :?

And I bet at least ONE KP fan will fail to do their research on this SP. I also bet this forum will have at least ONE thread posted by some fanboy crying over how EA ripped them off with this SP. :lol:
    stormwench wrote:
    You probably want to get a extra large popcorn because release day should be a hoot.
    I'm getting lots of hot, buttered Orville popcorn ready. And some candy corn, chocolate, and M&Ms. And a whole vat of other sweet treats that I can actually get real value for my money come to think of it... :mrgreen:

Wonder if the server crash half time show will be as spectacular as the previous live chat? :hunf:

What will the next half time attraction be? A server crash into a fanbase chat about Warhammer Online? C&C? Crysis 3? :XD:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    Good Lord you're right. I nearly missed the start of the kick off! :shock: thx for the heads up. :lol:

@ stormwench
    articulated to perfection! :thumbup: While my optimistic streak tells me to hold out for 72 items--it can't deny the logic of your conservative estimate. Besides, if that's the case, the crying game becomes a monsoon on the 24th. :P

I totally agree with your assessment of the "new" content like that bike and the hair meshes. It's really going to suck if their definition of "new" items has little or no unique items. This mega SP could go down as being the most expensive SP for recolored & new stencils of existing game content to date. :?

And I bet at least ONE KP fan will fail to do their research on this SP. I also bet this forum will have at least ONE thread posted by some fanboy crying over how EA ripped them off with this SP. :lol:
    stormwench wrote:
    You probably want to get a extra large popcorn because release day should be a hoot.
    I'm getting lots of hot, buttered Orville popcorn ready. And some candy corn, chocolate, and M&Ms. And a whole vat of other sweet treats that I can actually get real value for my money come to think of it... :mrgreen:

Wonder if the server crash half time show will be as spectacular as the previous live chat? :hunf:

What will the next half time attraction be? A server crash into a fanbase chat about Warhammer Online? C&C? Crysis 3? :XD:

Which is why I agree it's not worth 30 dollars. The remeshes are getting out of hand now. How many more bedroom, living room, and kitchen sets can we have here. Can we please get something NEW. Remeshes are not new, lots that we already have in game are not new. Come one now did they seriously think we were going to buy that reasoning. It's not new, it's not even innovative their remeshes.

The theme i have no problem with, it's a candy theme. I chalk it up as hilarious and fun and whacky how sims is suppose to be. However come on you couldn't give us something new with it like new shops, new category something. Anything. No it's literally all stuff we already have in game.

The store is like that too, come on with it already. The same remeshed set over and over, bring something new to the table. Some open venue sets, heck some toddler toys that we've never had or some kids toys and sets we've never had. Where is an accessories set etc. Just something new other than more junk for the house. My sims are hoarders! Make stuff i can put in my town here what was the whole point of this game if you introduce the hood with barely anything to do. Make stuff to do, make stuff to explore, shop, travel too. Come on i want to play with life please make it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0Ze4cHxSI
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    stormwench wrote:
    I can see the SP alone, if you already have TS3 being an impulse buy but to a KP fan who has not already been playing the sims that's an expensive impulse buy because you have to have, at least, the base game. That

adds up to $60 or there about depending on any sale you hit - but most impulse purchases are when someone sees the box not when they see the box and its on sale. That's a lot of money, especially if someone is not even clear on what a SP is (we have seen many here who are confused between SP and EP lately) or has ever played the game before.

Just curious have yall had a lot of preorders for this sp?

I now only owe $19 on this as I put another 5 down today at my Gamestop.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    stormwench wrote:
    I can see the SP alone, if you already have TS3 being an impulse buy but to a KP fan who has not already been playing the sims that's an expensive impulse buy because you have to have, at least, the base game. That

adds up to $60 or there about depending on any sale you hit - but most impulse purchases are when someone sees the box not when they see the box and its on sale. That's a lot of money, especially if someone is not even clear on what a SP is (we have seen many here who are confused between SP and EP lately) or has ever played the game before.

Just curious have yall had a lot of preorders for this sp?

I now only owe $19 on this as I put another 5 down today at my Gamestop.
    The Katy Kats have came in by the drove and pre-ordered.
    And I bet at least ONE KP fan will fail to do their research on this SP.

and when I tell you none of them knew what the sims actually was they didn't. When my manager and I tried to explain that they needed at least the base game for it they thought we were trying to rip them off and get them to buy unnecessary extras. They think it is a game with Katy Perry and her props and show outfits only no need to buy the base game because it IS The Sims 3 Katy Perry. SO as of now my manager and I are haters and evil.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    and when I tell you none of them knew what the sims actually was they didn't. When my manager and I tried to explain that they needed at least the base game for it they thought we were trying to rip them off and get them to buy unnecessary extras. They think it is a game with Katy Perry and her props and show outfits only no need to buy the base game because it IS The Sims 3 Katy Perry. SO as of now my manager and I are haters and evil.

:roll: Couldn't they read the fine print? "Requires The Sims 3 to play."?

I can't imagine working at GameStop. At the nearest one to me (that I actually don't go to anymore), I'm always watched by the guys who work there. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I am actually buying a video game you would play. Stop staring while I browse and looking surprised with what I buy. :? I try my best to be nice, but they always make me uncomfortable.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:

I can't imagine working at GameStop. At the nearest one to me (that I actually don't go to anymore), I'm always watched by the guys who work there. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I am actually buying a video game you would play. Stop staring while I browse and looking surprised with what I buy. :? I try my best to be nice, but they always make me uncomfortable.
    To be completely and totally honest I think all they saw was her name and that was it. They just had to get it and nothing is going to stop them. and I understand your frustration anout being watched I can't even have a conversation about a game before a man/boy starts asking me about it just so they can say I don't know anything. Any way the Katy Kats are clearly falling for this. It will be hard for me to hold my laughter in when they come back saying it doesn't wor because they need the base game which they will not pay for.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    And I bet at least ONE KP fan will fail to do their research on this SP.

:-o

I rest my case.

smileyvault-giggle.gif

smileyvault-popcorn.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GaMomo wrote:
    GaMomo wrote:

To be completely and totally honest I think all they saw was her name and that was it. They just had to get it and nothing is going to stop them. and I understand your frustration anout being watched I can't even have a conversation about a game before a man/boy starts asking me about it just so they can say I don't know anything. Any way the Katy Kats are clearly falling for this. It will be hard for me to hold my laughter in when they come back saying it doesn't wor because they need the base game which they will not pay for.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Like I've said before, I just can't find any amusement in this. It just baffles me. Though...I kinda want to see their reaction when you tell them they can't return a PC game and it's either buy the base game or nothing.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hmm our gamestop here you can return a pc game if it doesn't work with in 3 days buying window. You certainly can go in and give it back tothe store and exchange it for something else. I don't know about other games stops but we have some nice ones here.

Lol though i wonder if instead of explaining it to them you should point to the requirements on the back of the box so they understand how it plays. lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well this is good to know that the Katy Kats are preordering it. Hopefully EA will make lots of money off this sp after all.

And about people staring I went to the midnight madness sale at Gamestop and picked up my copy of Showtime. I think I was the only one who got Sims 3 Showtime and most everyone else was buying the other game I forget which it was but I got a few stares from people when they saw me walking out with the sims 3 showtime.

Does it bother me no and it won't when I pick up my copy of Katy Perry Sweet Treats and yes I'm almost sure to get some stares from that one an adult male buying something like this but hey that's me in a nutshell. I love unique and I'm getting it with this stuff pack.

By the way does anyone know if there is any hot selling games coming out on June 5th? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if my Gamestop will be doing a midnight release on that day.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited May 2012
    You're paying for her name. No more, no less.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    Hmm our gamestop here you can return a pc game if it doesn't work with in 3 days buying window. You certainly can go in and give it back tothe store and exchange it for something else. I don't know about other games stops but we have some nice ones here.

Lol though i wonder if instead of explaining it to them you should point to the requirements on the back of the box so they understand how it plays. lol

That was our policy until people tried to play us. Idk what happened. As far as explaining we point it out and everything even in the corner of the poster it says clearly : Requires The Sims 3 to play. They figure this is game stops personal sign and that we are just simply trying to get them to spend more money. I even tell them about the other stuff packs so they can get a general understanding but no i'm wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Anavastia wrote:

Maybe if it doesn't work. The ones around here don't take used PC games and once it's open they consider it used.
    Well this is good to know that the Katy Kats are preordering it. Hopefully EA will make lots of money off this sp after all.

And about people staring I went to the midnight madness sale at Gamestop and picked up my copy of Showtime. I think I was the only one who got Sims 3 Showtime and most everyone else was buying the other game I forget which it was but I got a few stares from people when they saw me walking out with the sims 3 showtime.

Does it bother me no and it won't when I pick up my copy of Katy Perry Sweet Treats and yes I'm almost sure to get some stares from that one an adult male buying something like this but hey that's me in a nutshell. I love unique and I'm getting it with this stuff pack.

By the way does anyone know if there is any hot selling games coming out on June 5th? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if my Gamestop will be doing a midnight release on that day.

Mass Effect 3.

I know I shouldn't let the stares bother me, but...I can't help it. I just stopped going there in favor of one farther away because the people who work there are great.

Nope, I can't think of any but you can check GameStop's site.
    GaMomo wrote:
    That was our policy until people tried to play us. Idk what happened. As far as explaining we point it out and everything even in the corner of the poster it says clearly : Requires The Sims 3 to play. They figure this is game stops personal sign and that we are just simply trying to get them to spend more money. I even tell them about the other stuff packs so they can get a general understanding but no i'm wrong.

::shakes head:: It's one thing to simply buy blindly, it's another completely to be willfully ignorant despite someone trying to correct you. What idiots.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It's Good until they realize that it won't work and come back saying we didn't tell them.
    ::shakes head:: It's one thing to simply buy blindly, it's another completely to be willfully ignorant despite someone trying to correct you. What idiots.

Funny thing is that what you just said is exactly what my mom and boss said about 30 mins ago. This whole hype leaves us sitting on the fence. Yay for helping us and EA rake in money. Boo for fact that when you realize that you can't use it without spending an extra $30.00 and you come back swearing that we didn't tell you and that we are wrong for giving you money for a used game. One girl today said that she had saved up enough money for only this stuff pack. One woman ( who knows I LOVE the sims) asked me was I getting it. I told her no for now for I haven't seen anything that would make me want it (I may get it later on down the line) and the Katy Kats thought I was evil :twisted:. Like I said come the 24th here comes the crying especially for those here that don't understand.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2012

i don't think and hope that they wont earn much money from this SP, the only persons buying this is Katy Perry fans, candy fan and Super sims fan that must have everyting with the name Sims on it. hopefully if they loose money they might see that people want a IKEA and H&M SP instead of this ****, hopefully the Diesel Sp is true and i might be happy about the Sp's again...
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se