Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The strange things sims do on high free will

Today my sim did the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed one of my sims do on their own.
A little back story... My sim was married until she caught her husband cheating on her and promptly gave him his marching orders. Shortly after she kicked him out, she discovers she is pregnant with his son.

Fast forward to earlier today... I had her doing the laundry when suddenly her toddler son begins crying his eyes out with exhaustion. She proceeds on her own to put him to bed, all good and well, that's what I would have had her do next if she hadn't gone to do it herself. Until she suddenly cancels the action and runs out of the door and hops into her car :hunf:
I was curious to see where she was headed so I left her to it. Having no idea what she was up to, I hovered over the icon in the corner, and the action said "ask to be friends".
She then proceeded to drive all the way to the junk yard (in SV) where her ex-husband currently was, and asked him if they could be friends!

What on earth?? I've never had a sim leave the house with no instuction before. And why she randomly decided she just HAD to be friends with her cheating ex husband is beyond me. "Oh, my kid is screaming, but I think right now would be a great time to patch things up with my ex"
And how in the world did she know he just happened to be at the junk yard? Psychic sims? Or was she following his scent or something?? :lol:

Has anything crazy ever happened in anyone else's games with sims on free will?

Comments

• Options
    Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lol that is too funny. my sim decided to grill hot dogs at 3 am causing a fire and killing 4 townies because the whole town came to check out the fire...noone tried to put it out...it also took 4 firefighters lol
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lol that is too funny. my sim decided to grill hot dogs at 3 am causing a fire and killing 4 townies because the whole town came to check out the fire...noone tried to put it out...it also took 4 firefighters lol

That made me laugh. How mean of me. Haha. Those poor nosy sims. Should have stayed in bed :P
  • Options
    vickijonesvickijones Posts: 135
    edited March 2012
    I had my father sim decide that because he couldnt sleep due to his son crying he would ignore him and start mining in the front garden waking everyone up haha!

Eventually someone put the kids to bed so he had a sandwich then went for a swim :P strange man, His sleep was basically nil and he wants to swim.. :D
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited March 2012
    ahaha that's really funny.

My inappropriate hot headed dad likes autonomously yelling at his children, he wakes them up to yell at them sometimes.

Also my sims ALWAYS play with the sprinkler by themselves. I had to lock it in my vegetable garden so only the gardener sim could get near it, it's really annoying.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    blueeyed32 wrote:
    ahaha that's really funny.

My inappropriate hot headed dad likes autonomously yelling at his children, he wakes them up to yell at them sometimes.

Also my sims ALWAYS play with the sprinkler by themselves. I had to lock it in my vegetable garden so only the gardener sim could get near it, it's really annoying.

Yeah, I find the sprinkler thing annoying too. I usually make sure I have plants surrounding it so my sims can't play with it. But even then they stomp their feet and wave their hands about when they can't get to it.

So many entertaining things to do around the house and they get huffy that they can't play with a sprinkler :roll:
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lol this thread amuses me. XD

My sim keeps autonomously wanting to go to sleep at night when she has full energy (she's a bit of a night owl). She isn't a heavy sleeper or a couch potato or anything, I have no idea why she does it. XD Also she constantly wants to play with the slip-and-slide outdoor swim mat thing that comes with Generations. Every 5 minutes. It's annoying. ^_^;
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited March 2012
    :lol::lol::lol: Buffyspiker! And so are the replies with THEIR stories! MY sims are pretty tame with no outrageous traits so they are mostly well behaved with "high free-will" but one of these days I’m going to set them all totally FREE by checking the "Story Progression" ON option.

That probably won’t happen until Sims4 comes out. :P
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    she cant leave the toddler alone or a screen will give a baby sitter popup.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited March 2012
    My sims never do anything fun or funny, it actually makes me mad because now the game gets kinda boring now. idk im stupid or something
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited March 2012
    "ask to be friends" is how you make a romantic interest, ex-boyfriend/husband simply a friend again. Its not really patching things up so much as making the relationship platonic. I always do it with romantic interests because having more than one romantic interest is how you get called a cheater when you didnt actually cheat.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited March 2012
    Man, that's funny! All my Sims do with high free will on is cheat on there spouses and die in weird ways! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited March 2012
    That's too funny.

My Eggs and Hatchlings: .gif .gif
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2012
    Mine will take the toddlers all the way outside to the garden to give them a bottle. I don't know why, and there is a lot of room in the house. It's so annoying too, because it's locked so only the mom can get in, but if she carries the toddler out there and puts him down he can't get out! I guess she thinks it makes a great 'play yard' or something. She locks the little brat up outside!
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited March 2012
    on high free will, hum.. i have a couple of mods, so this might be what causes some of their actions. But every so often i get a couple of sims that just can't seem to stay out of the bedroom.

Then on the opposite side, i get some that just can't stand to be around each other unless forced.

I have a dad at the moment that loves chatting with his kids. But out of the clear blue today, haveing never rode a horse in his life, he goes out saddles his daughters horse and mounts. I was like what the hadies are u doing, then he goes off for a ride. returning only when his rump is so sore he can't stand it any more.

At the moment thats all I can think of that has happened that i remember right off the bat. I know theres more. I just love high freewill, and the off the wall things they might do.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    she cant leave the toddler alone or a screen will give a baby sitter popup.

Lol. Yeah, of course the pop up for a babysitter or to stay there appeared. She wouldn't have been able to leave otherwise.
    The babysitter came and out the kid to bed, but that doesn't really take from the fact she abandoned him in the first place. Fantastic parenting! :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    "ask to be friends" is how you make a romantic interest, ex-boyfriend/husband simply a friend again. Its not really patching things up so much as making the relationship platonic. I always do it with romantic interests because having more than one romantic interest is how you get called a cheater when you didnt actually cheat.

Yeah, I always use it for romantic interests, because that cheater thing can be a bit of a pain. But I don't often use it for sims that are already exes. I tend to keep them as "ex" status. Never really had a sim who felt the need to go out of her way to be her friends with her ex out of the blue before though.
  • Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited March 2012
    And why she randomly decided she just HAD to be friends with her cheating ex husband is beyond me. "Oh, my kid is screaming, but I think right now would be a great time to patch things up with my ex"
    Looks like the sims is starting to imitate how crazy people really act in real life! :lol:

Hatchlings and Eggs oh my :-o
    .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gifXLcFv.gif cKBkd.gif .gif .gif r2SRS.gif
  • Options
    KayandFamKayandFam Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    My girl child sim went from doing her homework to randomly going to someone else's house and watch their tv, when she had one of her own, and barely knew the other sims! I have no idea why! :)
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited July 2012
    KayandFam wrote:
    My girl child sim went from doing her homework to randomly going to someone else's house and watch their tv, when she had one of her own, and barely knew the other sims! I have no idea why! :)

Well, you know what they say....the tv is always better at the....other...house. Or something along those lines.
  • Options
    slhb_angieslhb_angie Posts: 10
    edited July 2012
    My whole strange situation is similar to that song "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne... Lol.

My sim, Preston, is apparently too attractive for his own good in my game. His oldest son's girlfriend would always sneak off and try and flirt with Preston. All the time. She'd leave romantic interactions I was making her do with her actual boyfriend, but she'd walk off as soon as she could to try and put the moves on Preston. The SAME THING happened with the girlfriend of Preston's second oldest son. All without my doing and with high free will.

Crazy sims trying to make a soap opera. Ha.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've never had a sim leave the house on their own and I leave them to do their own thing for several sim hours each day. I would have been stunned if that happened to me.

My sims are pretty boring. They only want to do one thing when I leave them to do their own thing. As a result, I often have babies in the game that I have not planned on :roll:
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited July 2012
    My insane sim is constantly either viewing every possible thing you can view or trying to sit on the toilet, not use it, just sit on it.
  • Options
    CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I had my male sim at the junkyard colecting scrap, then I decided I better check on his brother and wife, who were back home. So I did, and I found them both in the middle of a woohoo with each other.. like, what the hell were they doing??! She's married to his brother for God's sake!

I have more but I can't remember them at the moment :P
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I had my male sim at the junkyard colecting scrap, then I decided I better checak on his brother and his wife, who were back home. So I did, and I found them both in the middle of a woohoo with each other.. like, *** were they doing??!

I have more but I can't remember them at the moment :P

Haha that made me burst out laughing. It's like 2 AM so I hope I didn't wake anyone... xD :lol:
  • Options
    vampires_xoxovampires_xoxo Posts: 224
    edited July 2012
    Well i'm playing on a French family in WA and the dad was at work and all of a sudden it goes to a loading screen saying 'welcome to France!' i'm like what the heck? Turns out the teenage daughter went to France 2 hours before school/work started!