Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Community Poll--OMG!

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    EA don't NEED to go anywhere near anything like that. They can't be relied upon to not make a mess out of anything, least of all the works of great masters.

I know where you're coming from, I totally do. But do we REALLY need more of the same crap given to us over and over and overrrrrrrr? (Like, there's nothing NEW. There's nothing ORIGINAL.) Everything meshes with everything else, and it's sad. :c But don't we have a few of the more famous statues in the game, already?

+1 for CENTURIESSSSSSS. (If EA doesn't screw it up, that is.)

We have like 6 statues all together that can be considered old. But they're made of plastic, unless you CAS them. :D You should see my house, "Maison du Bourbon." I must have used each of those statues 5 times. it's painful. :roll:
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    EA don't NEED to go anywhere near anything like that. They can't be relied upon to not make a mess out of anything, least of all the works of great masters.

I know where you're coming from, I totally do. But do we REALLY need more of the same crap given to us over and over and overrrrrrrr? (Like, there's nothing NEW. There's nothing ORIGINAL.) Everything meshes with everything else, and it's sad. :c But don't we have a few of the more famous statues in the game, already?

We have like 6 statues all together that can be considered old. But they're made of plastic, unless you CAS them. :D You should see my house, "Maison du Bourbon." I must have used each of those statues 5 times. it's painful. :roll:

That alone makes it sound like an eyesore. x.o Sorry, but no thanks. Dear lord we need more of a variety. Like, I realized the other day it's getting harder and harder to try and make things more diverse, just because of how similar everything looks, and CAS can only do so much.

Plastic? Srsly? I thought it had the marble thing. o_o Not plastic.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:

That alone makes it sound like an eyesore. x.o Sorry, but no thanks. Dear lord we need more of a variety. Like, I realized the other day it's getting harder and harder to try and make things more diverse, just because of how similar everything looks, and CAS can only do so much.

Oh! It's a beautiful house, at least I think so, and they are all CAS'd, i'm just exclaiming how annoying it is. The first three pictures in my siggy, 3 pics after the skyline, that is, are of said house. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:

Oh! It's a beautiful house, at least I think so, and they are all CAS'd, i'm just exclaiming how annoying it is. The first three pictures in my siggy, 3 pics after the skyline, that is, are of said house. :D

Well duh, you made it. xD Just the thought of using all of them so often sounds so.. repetitive. Of course, sometimes there's not really another option, but still. I'm not one to talk, though, I end up sticking with furniture I like for the majority of my houses. The images in your sig look nice, though. (I don't really download off the Exchange, anyway. I don't know what might lurk there.)

Edit: Since the first sentence might end up sounding confusing. 'Well, duh, you made it, of course you like it. xD' I don't think many people would put something up they weren't proud of.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:

Well duh, you made it. xD Just the thought of using all of them so often sounds so.. repetitive. Of course, sometimes there's not really another option, but still. I'm not one to talk, though, I end up sticking with furniture I like for the majority of my houses. The images in your sig look nice, though. (I don't really download off the Exchange, anyway. I don't know what might lurk there.)

Edit: Since the first sentence might end up sounding confusing. 'Well, duh, you made it, of course you like it. xD' I don't think many people would put something up they weren't proud of.

Yeah I'm with you on the exchange. I almost refuse to download anything. Though, if there's something that looks really good and it's made by a trusted friend, and if it's clear on custard, I'll download it. Some stuff is really good. I especially love the 10x10 houses, they really fill voids left by EA when they create worlds. :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pary wrote:

Yeah I'm with you on the exchange. I almost refuse to download anything. Though, if there's something that looks really good and it's made by a trusted friend, and if it's clear on custard, I'll download it. Some stuff is really good. I especially love the 10x10 houses, they really fill voids left by EA when they create worlds. :roll:

I don't think custard runs on a Mac, so I'm screwed there. -shrugs- If a friend made something, I'd just beg and annoy them until they gave in. I enjoy 10 x 10's, but I always feel weird downloading houses. The only thing I really do with them anymore is inspect everything, and try and find new ideas. -shrugs- I hate living in pre-builts, either by someone else or the game.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2012
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.62% (2,506 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.28% (712 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.65% (1,237 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 27.69% (2,709 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.76% (2,618 votes)

Total Votes: 9,782

Teens is just the leftover scraps of GEN, but fine--clearly there are a lot of teens that play this game with no sense of respect or admiration for hippies, heroes, sci-fi OR the wild west. :evil: I'll just save my money if that's the SP that wins, no lie. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:

Teens is just the leftover scraps of GEN, but fine--clearly there are a lot of teens that play this game with no sense of respect or admiration for hippies, heroes, sci-fi OR the wild west. :evil: I'll just save my money if that's the SP that wins, no lie. :roll: :lol:

Totally agree. /:
  • Options
    123454567889123454567889 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:

Agreed! I would have Storytelling or Decades over any of those SP's any day! I Love Sci-Fi stuff hopefully there's still a chance of that SP coming out :)
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    It would be nice if they had the top two become SP's.

Teen Stuff could be SP #7 (I would probably wait a long while to buy it)

Decades Stuff could be SP #8 (Would definitely buy it asap)

It also would be nice if we could get a SP for elders or at least a huge store set.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    CastratikronCastratikron Posts: 74
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

Totally agree. /:

Same here. Besides, we got a teen SP with TS2. I'd much rather have something new. People complain about remaking TS2 expansions, but SPs are okay? Bull.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:

NO!! Come on decades! You can do it! :wink:
  • Options
    aweusometasticaweusometastic Posts: 114 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Pary wrote:
    How on earth can sims have a freaking dinner party when they wont even sit at the table together and eat without bolting their food and leaving? pffft.

I think all those ideas are awful, and if I HAD to chose one it would probably be number 5. I actually would have chosen the party / dinner party option if Sims would sit and eat together. But they don't and EA have never corrected this, so it would be a waste of time.

Edit - Why do they bother even asking for responses to their polls, when it is quite clear they pay no attention to them? ie - Social features coming last in one of their polls, and then they go an center a whole EP around it.

That is so true. I'm tired of putting counter islands and tabled then half of my family sitting at the counter and half of them sitting at the table. Another reason that wouldn't work is because sims can't multitask. Dinner parties would be horrible if all you did was eat with no social interaction.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Update:
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.62% (2,681 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.33% (767 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.51% (1,309 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 27.68% (2,897 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.87% (2,812 votes)

Total Votes: 10,466

WHY the EFF is Teens still winning, people!? :evil:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Update:
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.62% (2,681 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.33% (767 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.51% (1,309 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 27.68% (2,897 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.87% (2,812 votes)

Total Votes: 10,466

Someone made a thread on the Showtime board asking / demanding people to vote for it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

Someone made a thread on the Showtime board asking / demanding people to vote for it.

I know--I said in one of my posts above that all counts for Teens should be disqualified because of that thread. :x I'm mad that people are still FALLING FOR IT! :shock: :lol: Go and get GEN if you want more teens stuff! :roll:

Update:
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.38% (2,846 votes)
    The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.35% (824 votes)
    The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.51% (1,403 votes)
    The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 27.8% (3,117 votes)
    The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.95% (3,022 votes)
    Total Votes: 11,212
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.22% (2,947 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.35% (859 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.54% (1,465 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 28% (3,272 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.89% (3,142 votes)

Total Votes: 11,685
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.22% (2,947 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.35% (859 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.54% (1,465 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 28% (3,272 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.89% (3,142 votes)

Total Votes: 11,685

sdlkfjhsdkjfhsdkjfhsdakjfhalskdjfh

D< There's SO many store sets for teens, and there's freaking Gen. WHY is it winning? It's not rightttt.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Dlkfjhsdkjfhsdkjfhsdakjfhalskdjfh

Translation:
    If Decades/Storytelling don't make it into an SP, then at least include them in an upcoming EP, EA, and let the fawning teens enjoy their lame GEN-throwback clothes and posters. :thumbup:
    :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Dlkfjhsdkjfhsdkjfhsdakjfhalskdjfh

Translation:
    If Decades/Storytelling don't make it into an SP, then at least include them in an upcoming EP, EA, and let the fawning teens enjoy their lame GEN-throwback clothes and posters. :thumbup:
    :lol:

YES. :D That's EXACTLY it!
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2012
    [rant]
    *facepalm* I can't believe the Teen Stuff is winning. That kind of stuff should all have been in GEN! So many people complained because they thought Showtime was LN 2.0, but at least there was some difference between SHT and LN. Teen Stuff really would be "Well, we wanted more money from you, but can't say that upfront, so we'll pretend we forgot and present it as a new idea" Stuff.
    [/rant]

I just hope they are paying attention to the results of my poll, because the results of that are much different:
    Current Votes:
    Option 1: IIII/ IIII/ II - 12 - 36%
    Option 2: III - 3 - 9%
    Option 3: III - 3 - 9%
    Option 4: IIII/ - 5 - 15%
    Option 5: IIII/ IIII/ I - 11 - 33%
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Rant away--it's perfectly understandable. :x

But I think I'm cool with it, actually. Go ahead and put the lame Teen stuff in an SP (aka GEN EP-throwback)--that'll just allow me to save up for the bigger purchase of an EP :thumbup: :lol:

The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.15% (2,985 votes)
    The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.33% (870 votes)
    The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.59% (1,494 votes)
    The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 28.07% (3,332 votes)
    The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.87% (3,189 votes)
    Total Votes: 11,870
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2012
    I voted for the party one. I'm hoping they will add lots of wedding veils as accessories, cakes (wedding and birthday), bouquets, toasting, slow dance, line dancing, being able to pick maid of honor/best man, a wedding venue, etc. There is so much they can do.

Sadly stuff packs only add items, so there won't be any new dances or wedding interactions.

In that case, an SP wouldn't do it for me. It's the animations that would make wedding/parties more exciting in my opinion. Although the stuff mentioned above would be great additions.

Someone else mentioned this before, but they could probably combine a few of these packs and please more simmers.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes--Storytelling and Decades should be merged into 4 themes: Hippy, Heroes, Wild West, and Sci-Fi :thumbup: Why should the teenage group be singled out for its own SP? ALL age groups should be given something, not just one, EA. :x

Update:
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 25.15% (3,093 votes)
    The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 7.36% (905 votes)
    The Sims 3 Party Stuff 12.52% (1,539 votes)
    The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 28.16% (3,462 votes)
    The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 26.81% (3,297 votes)
    Total Votes: 12,296
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    -throws in towel and smashes head into keyboard-