Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Community Poll--OMG!

murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
Have y'all read the SimGuruJenn's blog post here http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=411819 and voted on the poll here http://www.thesims3.com/community ?

OMG I'm excited--does this mean EA's tossing out that June 20th or whatever Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack!? :shock: YAY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Okay, I don't even know where to start--WOW!
OPTION 1: The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff
With the Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff pack, you’ll always be ready to set the stage, host a costume party and play with tons of décor, furnishings and clothing from several different themes. Build a secret Superhero hideout, a nefarious villain’s lair or use the included pre-built lots. Deck out your home in Sci-Fi gear, giddy up in your own western backdrop or scare your neighbors when you dress as a scary monster!
This is my #1 pick--and someone was JUST asking for Superheroes here, too! :shock: This SP would mean more clothes for sure, and more objects/decor/props, which would work very well not only for GEN (imaginary dress up, etc), Pets (Appaloosa Plains) and SHT (stage performing), but also the supposed new Fantasy EP#7. :thumbup: Who doesn't want more Sci-Fi, Wild West and Heroes? ;)
OPTION 2: The Sims 3 Sports Stuff
The Sims 3 Sports Stuff will have you cheering for your favorite team! Score souvenirs and trophies to deck out your home, dress in cool sports uniforms, and host an outrageous tailgate party. And with the latest in workout wear, equipment and body paint, you’ll be ready for the pros.
This is another great idea--we REALLY need more exercise CC, EA--but I think something like this should have been in the game to begin with. :x Why should we pay extra for OBVIOUS things like workout wear and different sports? :hunf: I could understand including it all under a Fitness Forward EP, where you're ading/expanding on new careers like Weight Trainer and Football Coach and Body Builder, etc but as an SP I think that's a bad idea. Something like that needs to be in its own EP--there are plenty of threads here that explain how it could be done, since we all want more outdoor activities/sports/games and stuff.
OPTION 3: The Sims 3 Party Stuff
Hang the streamers and blow up some balloons because it’s party time! With The Sims 3 Party Stuff, you’ll be the hostess with the most(est) when you plan a perfect dinner party, prepare a gorgeous wedding or even host a casual TV night with your BFFs. Grab some cake, set the buffet table and call your friends. It will be a night you’ll never forget!
Naw, lame. Romanza Wedding already has this covered--and it costs almost as much as the SP would, anyway. :roll:
OPTION 4: The Sims 3 Teen Stuff
With The Sims 3 Teen Stuff you’ll have the freshest room on the block and the totes trendiest clothes for you teen Sims. And you’ll be dressed and ready for your next social event whether it’s prom night, girls’ night out or even cheering for the home team. From cool posters to funky bedroom furniture, you’ll be ready, set, and go.
No. This should ave been included in GEN, EA, not given in piece meal as a separate SP. :x
OPTION 5: The Sims 3 Decades Stuff
From Hipsters to Hippies, you’ll be groovy with the retro fashions and furniture from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Shagrugs, big hair and plaid shirts are fer sure to inspire your Sims to relive yesterday. Like, totally. Grab your boom box, watch your favorite show on a console TV, or cook dinner with an avocado-colored stove. The Sims 3 Decades Stuff is Da Bomb!
No. This would have been my second choice...if we already had a Blast From the Past EP or SP. ;) People really want multicultural/historic stuff--70's - 90's is no great emergency right now--there are lava lamps and Boho stuff and boom boxes and bellbottoms already in the games/Store in some way or form already. :roll:

I just hope to the llamas most high that we're not getting a Katy Perry SP--you should have included Sweet Treats with the Katy Perry version of SHT you released, EA.

Comments

• wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow. I can't believe this. Either way I'm betting that their going to make the Katy SP. Or have a sports theme Katy Perry SP. These silly little polls mean nothing.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2012
    But the Blogs do.... :shock: If the producers are tryna cook up something, we can at least encourage them with (yet another) vivid display of what we think is cool and what we think is craptastic (Katy Perry!). I'll vote. Got nuthin better do do. :P

So far...
    The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff 27% (135 votes)

The Sims 3 Sports Stuff 5% (25 votes)

The Sims 3 Party Stuff 13% (65 votes)

The Sims 3 Teen Stuff 24.4% (122 votes)

The Sims 3 Decades Stuff 30.6% (153 votes)

Total Votes: 500
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    But the Blogs do.... :shock: If the producers are tryna cook up something, we can at least encourage them with (yet another) vivid display of what we think is cool and what we think is craptastic (Katy Perry!). I'll vote. Got nuthin better do do. :P

So far...

That's only 500 people out of the 3,000,000 or so simmers on this site. :( Plus facebook and twitter. That poll was a waste of their time.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    I never saw an official announcement of the KP stuff pack. I saw links to blogs with screenshots but no official EA announcement.

Was there one?
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2012
    How on earth can sims have a freaking dinner party when they wont even sit at the table together and eat without bolting their food and leaving? pffft.

I think all those ideas are awful, and if I HAD to chose one it would probably be number 5. I actually would have chosen the party / dinner party option if Sims would sit and eat together. But they don't and EA have never corrected this, so it would be a waste of time.

Edit - Why do they bother even asking for responses to their polls, when it is quite clear they pay no attention to them? ie - Social features coming last in one of their polls, and then they go an center a whole EP around it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited March 2012
    Here's my honest opinion.

I really do not want more sci-fi and that such. The concept sounds fun, however, so a little sci-fi would be fine. Storytelling sounds fun! Already I am not planning on getting a magic EP unless it works wonders. Seriously, magic is for another game.
    I also strongly disagree with your opinion on the party option. I actually voted for the party option. It does not appear as a remake of Romanza, as Romanza is only wedding and the party is more than that.

I know I can't jump to any conclusions since it is just a poll, but opinions don't hurt!

For the sports, I do not think it should be as an SP. It would mix well as a mix with a weather EP. You're right, it should have been in the game to begin with.

Everything else you said, I agree.

And YES! Not a Katy Perry EP! It SHOULD have been in the LE for SHT!
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

So far...

That's only 500 people out of the 3,000,000 or so simmers on this site. :( Plus facebook and twitter. That poll was a waste of their time.

Did you forget that this was just released, and a lot of people are asleep, or still working? It's 7:15 Central where I am. Which means like, 1 am in the UK.

Decades, fo sho. I want beaded curtains.

Probably teen or storytelling after that, then party, then sports, which I couldn't care less about.

I'm sure as hell not buying a KP sp. I don't care what it comes with. If someone was selling it for like, $1 off the street, maybe. But for sure not for the $30 I've heard. I don't make candyland lots or have any draw to make sims with cotton candy hair. :| I just hope some of these have building objects..
    I never saw an official announcement of the KP stuff pack. I saw links to blogs with screenshots but no official EA announcement.

Was there one?

Not yet, no. But there have been links on like, Overstock saying there's a The Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Treats. -shrugs-
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

So far...

Did you forget that this was just released, and a lot of people are asleep, or still working? It's 7:15 Central where I am. Which means like, 1 am in the UK.

Decades, fo sho. I want beaded curtains.

Probably teen or storytelling after that, then party, then sports, which I couldn't care less about.

I'm sure as hell not buying a KP sp. I don't care what it comes with. If someone was selling it for like, $1 off the street, maybe. But for sure not for the $30 I've heard. I don't make candyland lots or have any draw to make sims with cotton candy hair. :| I just hope some of these have building objects..
    It still won't make a difference. Exactly. That's WAY too girly for me. Why couldn't they pick someone well...less frilly like Adele or Drake or J. Cole or Lady Gaga.
    What's next Kristen Stewart is going to endourse them?
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    What's next Kristen Stewart is going to endourse them?

:shock: Oh god no--PLEASE SHUT UP!! :shock: :lol: :XD: *stuffing your mouth with duct tape and darting glances around the corners, on high alert for any frikkin Twilight fanatics* :XD:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    I'm sure as hell not buying a KP sp. I don't care what it comes with. If someone was selling it for like, $1 off the street, maybe.

WOW!! :lol::lol:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    I never saw an official announcement of the KP stuff pack. I saw links to blogs with screenshots but no official EA announcement. Was there one?
    Not yet, no. But there have been links on like, Overstock saying there's a The Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Treats. -shrugs-
    Yeah, someone saw it at Origin, greyed out in one of the upcoming slots for new games. There's a screenshot of it I think at SimsVIP or MTS or something--I forget.
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pary, I`m with you on this one.
    edited March 2012
    Pary wrote:
    How on earth can sims have a freaking dinner party when they wont even sit at the table together and eat without bolting their food and leaving? pffft.

Omg! :lol::lol: That's true--and it takes them a millisecond to eat, too--I try to sit everyone down to eat at the same time so I can get good family screenies, and one is already at the table and half done--by the time the others pull up a steat, half the sims at the table are already doing something else. :roll:
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well if EA stays true to form, as they did with the poll that had the social feature on it, we will get whatever comes in last. :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ooo Storytelling Stuff! That one sounds fantastic. :D
    34336_s.gif
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the decades option, if only because it sounds like it would give me more options for lower class sims. I'm sure I could make the 70s furniture look worn like it's a hand-me-down or something my sims found at a thrift store. If we don't get that SP, I'd gladly buy the stuff in the store instead.

My second choice is the teen one, because the non-YA/Adult groups are neglected. I was going to put the party one third, but Pary makes a really good point. I guess storytelling, then. I could use the sci fi stuff in Lunar Lakes, if nothing else.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited March 2012
    i choose decades stuff
    edited March 2012
    Sims 3: Makemeasandwhich Stuff Pack. :)
    edited March 2012
    Here's my honest opinion. I really do not want more sci-fi and that such. The concept sounds fun, however, so a little sci-fi would be fine. Storytelling sounds fun! Already I am not planning on getting a magic EP unless it works wonders. Seriously, magic is for another game.
    Bolded--That's why I voted; Lunar Lakes was a pretty WORLD, but as for the actual CONTENT included it was sorely lacking--sci-fi needs another good kick in the pants, especially in the Clothes and Hobbies/Skills department.
    I also strongly disagree with your opinion on the party option. I actually voted for the party option. It does not appear as a remake of Romanza, as Romanza is only wedding and the party is more than that.
    I guess... :? It's just that, how many parties is a sim expected to throw, in order to get good use of the stuff? Age them up enough at birthdays and they'll be dead in no time. :shock: :lol:
    For the sports, I do not think it should be as an SP. It would mix well as a mix with a weather EP. You're right, it should have been in the game to begin with. And YES! Not a Katy Perry EP! It SHOULD have been in the LE for SHT!
    Yes, that is the best way to add sports, I feel, in a Weather EP. Seasons just suit sports & outside activities too perfectly to do otherwise. If they give us a Sports SP I'm gonna be T'd off--wasted opportunity. :evil:
    My second choice is the teen one, because the non-YA/Adult groups are neglected.
    Wanna talk about NEGLECT?! Omg, especially for Elders--they've got ZILCH, I agree!
    Yeah, Teens need help, but really, GEN was EA's BEST chance to actually, errr....EXPAND upon what they were all lacking, and EA blew it. EA, I could choke you, if my finger joints weren't so swollen abd painful. :evil:
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited March 2012
    It has been said in many places on site there will be 10 EPs and 10 SPs, so after the Katy Perry stuff pack there will be 2 more stuuf packs.

I think the KP stuff will happen...I will not buy it or the magic EP.

So next year, the last year for Sims 3 before they roll out Sims 4 I hope the teen stuff pack happens and something like Ikea or a sport pack.
    edited March 2012
    gmgar wrote:
    It has been said in many places on site there will be 10 EPs and 10 SPs, so after the Katy Perry stuff pack there will be 2 more stuuf packs.

I think the KP stuff will happen...I will not buy it or the magic EP.

So next year, the last year for Sims 3 before they roll out Sims 4 I hope the teen stuff pack happens and something like Ikea or a sport pack.
    I hope that they add a sports EXPASION pack. About the magic EP. It maybe anohmygodamazingstuffpackthatIwishthatIcouldhaveboughtbutnowiam. :)
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited March 2012

Without a doubt, I picked Decades. I get why people like the idea of Storytelling Stuff, even if I relentlessly disagree that much of it has any place in this franchise; but even those that DO want that sort of theme need to consider just how little is ever included in a Stuff Pack. A small smattering here and there that are unlikely to completely fill a single room, let alone a household for which to match the theme in its entirety.

At least with Decades much of the content can likely be utilized for more than one purpose with little to no tweaking of the palettes and textures; so even if the included decades were not overly plentiful in their content they could still easily be otherwise utilized in varying homes. Fashions and styles from days gone by crop up again fairly regularly, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch, save for the particularly decade specific items.
  • wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the sports theme but just stuff pack doesn't mean we'll get sports activities... :(
    By the way, where's the Showtime forum?? I can't find it today... :?:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2012
    No this doesn't mean the Katy Perry stuff pack will be cancelled this is for stuff packs after that.

I voted for the party one because it sounds like a celebration stuff pack and we could always use more stuff for weddings. Maybe this one will have the roses we got with Mastersuites which were pink we couldn't recolor maybe these will be red.

Storybook also sounds exciting. It sounds like it includes costumes for adults as well as new venues.

My third choice is the teen stuff pack.

What I was really hoping to see mentioned was a holiday stuff pack.
  • helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2012
    how about school days something like a separate elementary,middle and high school also college for adults but make them playable for the neighbourhood also bring back the head master for private schools you get a chance card and have meetings for parents each fall and childen who fail have to goto summer school to make their grades.
    P.s not my idea on a sims three forum somebody suggested it so I dont take the credit for this idea
  • BlackVenusFlytrapBlackVenusFlytrap Posts: 667
    edited March 2012
    Yay! Storytelling Stuff! I am definitely buying it if it comes out.

I have heard that Katy Perry seem to be quite popular in American. But as an Asian, I would like to stress that she currently is not very well-known in Asia. In fact, I won't have know who she is if I didn't read about TS3 Showtime Katy Perry Edition.

I hope EA knows that there are many sims fans around the world, not just America...
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I was hoping for a holiday stuff pack.